HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency Part V: Y u no frenzy?!?!?! (Suter and Parise sign with Wild)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2012, 12:43 PM
  #726
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,952
vCash: 500
Regardless, with parise not going to pitt, we are right there to win the east again and maybe we can sign a top 6 guy now and wait til the deadline for the big move

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:43 PM
  #727
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 80,777
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Anyone expecting the union to just gave and see them be stripped of millions + the cap drastically going down is not paying attention to who the union hired. They got Fehr for a reason.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is online now  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:44 PM
  #728
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Regardless, with parise not going to pitt, we are right there to win the east again and maybe we can sign a top 6 guy now and wait til the deadline for the big move
Seriously. I want to win the cup, and we're not going to do that unless we adress our scoring issues. I don't care about winning the regular season.

Jim Morrison is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:45 PM
  #729
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,486
vCash: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Seriously. I want to win the cup, and we're not going to do that unless we adress our scoring issues. I don't care about winning the regular season.
Teams don't have to be complete on September 1st.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:45 PM
  #730
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Teams don't have to be complete on September 1st.
Hopefully it's complete then, and we won't have to suffer yet another deadline-disappointment.

Jim Morrison is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:46 PM
  #731
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Ok

My optimal scenario this morning was:

Quote:
Parise & Suter to Minnesota
Carle & Semin to Detroit
Nash to San Jose
Doan & Ryan to NYR
One down - Three to go...

BBKers is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:46 PM
  #732
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,083
vCash: 500
How about the scoring issue getting fixed by adding a player that can score some goals in free agency instead of trading for the albatross contract of Nash. Unless the plan is to get rid of Gaborik when his deal is done, which my guess is something they don't want to do, you don't pull the trigger on this trade until after the new CBA comes out.

mrjimmyg89 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:46 PM
  #733
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Seriously. I want to win the cup, and we're not going to do that unless we adress our scoring issues. I don't care about winning the regular season.
Exactly.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:46 PM
  #734
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Ok

My optimal scenario this morning was:



One down - Three to go...
Ryan is way too expensive. They want Stepan. We won't give him up. Nash costs much less than Ryan, with the exception of the contract itself.

Jim Morrison is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:47 PM
  #735
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 80,777
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Devils fans want to trade for Ryan.

With what prospects?

ECL is online now  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:47 PM
  #736
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,374
vCash: 500
Brooks never mentioned Hagelin as an untouchable. Sather is in love with Nash. I have no doubt he is willing to trade Hagelin for him.

Dubinsky, Hagelin, Del Zotto, Anisimov. Those are the roster players Sather seems willing to part with. 2 of them will probably get traded in a potential deal for Nash, Weber or Ryan.

XLJ is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:48 PM
  #737
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
How about the scoring issue getting fixed by adding a player that can score some goals in free agency instead of trading for the albatross contract of Nash. Unless the plan is to get rid of Gaborik when his deal is done, which my guess is something they don't want to do, you don't pull the trigger on this trade until after the new CBA comes out.
Sather seems to disagree he wanted to get Nash at the deadline... You upgrade your team whenever you have the opportunity to upgrade your team or other teams will upgrade and you'll be caught standing still.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:50 PM
  #738
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,583
vCash: 500
Glad for Minny. Now Pittsburgh and the Debs are ****ed. We're in a good position if we can grab Doan or Semin.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:52 PM
  #739
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
How about the scoring issue getting fixed by adding a player that can score some goals in free agency instead of trading for the albatross contract of Nash. Unless the plan is to get rid of Gaborik when his deal is done, which my guess is something they don't want to do, you don't pull the trigger on this trade until after the new CBA comes out.
because the FA market is absolute crap, and semin is a huge risk and Doan won't be coming here? I dunno but that could be why

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
  #740
GarretJoseph*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,614
vCash: 500
Good. Now I can have a little pay back with those Debbie fans tonight. "Captain Zach will never leave" - uh yeahhhhhhhhhh sureeee....... Happy 4th *****es.

GarretJoseph* is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
  #741
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Let's sign Doan. Apparently he wants 5 yr deal though.....

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
  #742
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
because the FA market is absolute crap, and semin is a huge risk and Doan won't be coming here? I dunno but that could be why
So, please do tell how you know Doan won't be coming here?

Jim Morrison is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
  #743
dtrap
Registered User
 
dtrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,720
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Glad for Minny. Now Pittsburgh and the Debs are ****ed. We're in a good position if we can grab Doan or Semin.
Pittsburgh is ****ed?

Um...last time I checked they still have Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz, Sutter, Orpik, Letang and Fleury...

If that is your definition of ****ed, then what state are the Rangers in right now?

dtrap is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
  #744
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Let's sign Doan. Apparently he wants 5 yr deal though.....
A what year deal??

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:55 PM
  #745
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Let's sign Doan. Apparently he wants 5 yr deal though.....
Yikes. I'm all for Doan. But pass if that is the case. Would rather overspend for a short term deal than be stuck with him till he is 40.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:55 PM
  #746
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Sather seems to disagree he wanted to get Nash at the deadline... You upgrade your team whenever you have the opportunity to upgrade your team or other teams will upgrade and you'll be caught standing still.
Well, the teams in the division just got worse by not getting Suter or Parise. We need to add to our team, not make a trade and subtract some pieces. Doan has to be priority #1 if he hits the market. The price for Nash is going up. Teams that missed out will now try to trade for him. Detroit is going to offer a lot for him. Pittsburgh will be in on it as well. They have to be. They moved Staal to free up room to sign Parise and did not get him.

Move on from Nash. Go and keep adding to the roster without giving up anything. Semin and Doan should be the players this team goes after.

mrjimmyg89 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:57 PM
  #747
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Well, the teams in the division just got worse by not getting Suter or Parise. We need to add to our team, not make a trade and subtract some pieces. Doan has to be priority #1 if he hits the market. The price for Nash is going up. Teams that missed out will now try to trade for him. Detroit is going to offer a lot for him. Pittsburgh will be in on it as well. They have to be. They moved Staal to free up room to sign Parise and did not get him.

Move on from Nash. Go and keep adding to the roster without giving up anything. Semin and Doan should be the players this team goes after.
And if pitt got Nash it would be worse for us than them getting parise. Howson is not trading him within the division.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:57 PM
  #748
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen
 
Miamipuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Take a Wild Guess
Posts: 2,839
vCash: 500
It's too bad we can't bottle the tears flowing on the Devils board.

Parise is over rated and horrible now. hahahahaha

Miamipuck is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:58 PM
  #749
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,952
vCash: 500
Any team would be crazy to give Doan 5 years

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:59 PM
  #750
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Any team would be crazy to give Doan 5 years
We would. But I can see another team doing that. Someone who is gunning on "Ray Whiney" type of longevity.

Dallas may do something like that.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.