HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Weber?

Old
07-04-2012, 12:39 PM
MrMariusz

vCash: 500
No, he better be staying.

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
I wouldn't trade Weber if I were you guys, at least not right away. Strong chance UFA age gets raised and thus you would keepmhisnrights for longer.

It would be a kick in the balls in away regarding today, because it is absolutly dumb that the CBA expires in September rather thanin June after the season,like in the NBA
You think the union is going to give that up after winning that right in the previous CBA fight ? ...

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I thought about giving you guys a few days to process this, but since this thread is open, what about the Flyers?

B. Schenn
L. Schenn
2013 1st
(+?)

Obviously B. Schenn is the centerpiece--I'm not sure he will ever be a true 1C--but he can be a very good 1B-type.

L. Schenn would give Nashville a nice defensive defensemen to pair with guys like Josi or Ellis.

The package would provide a certain amount of marketing value as well, etc.

Thoughts? Too little? Too soon?
Too soon? We've been bombarded with this stuff for years now.

That said, I think something around L.Schenn +1st + an impact forward could be done.

I think we'd try to pry Coots out of you there.

I wouldn't die if that turned out to be the deal though. I always liked Schenn the D and Schenn the F has more upside than any Preds prospect.

Too bad you traded JVR away.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Too soon? We've been bombarded with this stuff for years now.

That said, I think something around L.Schenn +1st + an impact forward could be done.

I think we'd try to pry Coots out of you there.

I wouldn't die if that turned out to be the deal though. I always liked Schenn the D and Schenn the F has more upside than any Preds prospect.

Too bad you traded JVR away.
Yeah, I guess I figured that past discussions would have been a bit more abstract. Like I said--tough day, I'm sure.

As far as my proposal above, my guess is that either both Schenns go, or neither one does. I would be surprised if a deal included Couturier and Luke Schenn.

It is probably more like Couturier + Mezsaros or B. Schenn + Luke Schenn as the two foundational packages from the Flyers. I think the organization would strongly prefer to keep Couturier, and I think the second package is better overall value for Nashville anyway.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:05 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Yeah, I guess I figured that past discussions would have been a bit more abstract. Like I said--tough day, I'm sure.

As far as my proposal above, my guess is that either both Schenns go, or neither one does. I would be surprised if a deal included Couturier and Luke Schenn.

It is probably more like Couturier + Mezsaros or B. Schenn + Luke Schenn as the two foundational packages from the Flyers. I think the organization would strongly prefer to keep Couturier, and I think the second package is better overall value for Nashville anyway.
I would actually be OK with adding to that second package to get both Schenn's and Coots. That's a package that DP could build around for 10 years. I think that highly of Coots - not only is he going to be a great player - he's the perfect Pred, in that he actually can play defense too.

Coots + Schenn + Schenn

for Weber + 2nd or Budish?

Heck, lets sign Carle and have a Philly reunion.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:06 PM
AEM6729

It's time to get these guys some Nashvillian girlfriends. Suter's wife heavily swayed his move, and Shea has a super-serious Canadian girlfriend. Hope she likes Nashville.

Time for us Nashville girls to go snap up all the single, most promising Preds. If I wasn't married I'd lead the charge. Someone get on this!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Nothing Is New

Sooner than Later

"Shea is totally on board. I have to believe this is a big disappointment for Shea today."

That dawg won't hunt. If he is totally on board, he signs now long term for $8.5M to $9.0M a year. He won't do it and come about November, his pending UFA (then it will be "I want to wait till the end of the year") status will start to mess up the clubhouse. And as each month passes, you will get less and less for him.

He needs to sign within two weeks or be traded. No ifs, ands or buts. No sloppy sentimentality. Do whats right for the franchise.

Nothing Is New is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:15 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Is New View Post
"Shea is totally on board. I have to believe this is a big disappointment for Shea today."

That dawg won't hunt. If he is totally on board, he signs now long term for $8.5M to $9.0M a year. He won't do it and come about November, his pending UFA (then it will be "I want to wait till the end of the year") status will start to mess up the clubhouse. And as each month passes, you will get less and less for him.

He needs to sign within two weeks or be traded. No ifs, ands or buts. No sloppy sentimentality. Do whats right for the franchise.
Agreed - I'd place a Crosby contract on his agent's desk with an expiration date of August 15th.

No deal by August 15th, and the bidding opens.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Agreed - I'd place a Crosby contract on his agent's desk with an expiration date of August 15th.

No deal by August 15th, and the bidding opens.
I'd throw a 10 year 120 Mil contract on Weber's agent's desk for Weber and a 1 year 2.5 mil contract for the agent. If he does not sign then Shea hits the trading block as soon as I walk out the office

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:31 PM
ForzaFCBAnaheim

Ducks fan here. First off, sorry about the Suter development. It seemed like from the beginning he was sort of set on leaving, but just never said it and therefore Poile's hands were tight.

That said, if Weber becomes available, what about a deal of Ryan + for a signed Weber (I guess Anaheim would have to agree on a contract before the deal is worked out). Probably one of Anaheim's D has to be included. I suppose it'll have to be either Lydman, Allen or Sbisa. How about this:

Ryan + Allen + 2nd for Weber

Otherwise, maybe

Ryan + Sbisa for Weber + Wilson

Just throwing two things your way.

ForzaFCBAnaheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:35 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
It's time to get these guys some Nashvillian girlfriends. Suter's wife heavily swayed his move, and Shea has a super-serious Canadian girlfriend. Hope she likes Nashville.

Time for us Nashville girls to go snap up all the single, most promising Preds. If I wasn't married I'd lead the charge. Someone get on this!
Abstinence is the path to victory!

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:58 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post

Carrie Underwood needs to be recruited to this task asap.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 142
The front office has pandered to Suter and Weber too long. Its over We can only hope that DP is on the phone with Brian Burke. Simple question Brian how much are you willing to pay Weber and what will you give us for him? Burke will say 10 years 100 mil, Kessel and a 1st. Poile responds And?

Byrddog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:05 PM
hfboardsuser

----

Last edited by hfboardsuser: 07-15-2012 at 12:14 AM.
hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Nitrous Mafia

put a plentiful contract in front of him and if he doesn't sign trade him either before the season or in the beginning. Don't want to wait until TD when we may or may not be in the race.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Poile says "I feel really good about Shea. I know he feels really good about Nashville." .... he said that about Suter too.
https://twitter.com/ADPreds/status/220563824544194561

Has he learned his lesson?

Jarnberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:45 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
nope

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Flyers fan here and I come in peace. First I want to say sorry about your loss.Second is you better lock up Weber as soon as possible because if not every team in the league will be after him. Good Luck.
PS Matt Carle would not be a bad pick up for you guys.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

I'm sorry for your loss guys, really I do. And unfortunately I think the writing is on the wall with Weber.

Nashville is going to get nowhere near market value for Weber because no team is going to make a big trade for him unless they're able to talk to Weber's agent first and be assured that Weber would be interested in signing a longer term contract.

Weber will essentially say no to anyone but the team he is aiming to go to.

That team that he wants to go to is free to talk to Weber NOW... and could go and sign Weber to an offer sheet for one year at 8.4m and that gives Nashville 2 1st, 2nd and a 3rd and basically tells the rest of the league what Webers intentions are.

Poile either matches and keeps Weber for one more year and loses him next summer... or takes the picks.

I think Weber will be dealt VERY soon. I'd be surprised if he was in a Preds uniform next season.

Uhmkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
I'm sorry for your loss guys, really I do. And unfortunately I think the writing is on the wall with Weber.

Nashville is going to get nowhere near market value for Weber because no team is going to make a big trade for him unless they're able to talk to Weber's agent first and be assured that Weber would be interested in signing a longer term contract.

Weber will essentially say no to anyone but the team he is aiming to go to.

That team that he wants to go to is free to talk to Weber NOW... and could go and sign Weber to an offer sheet for one year at 8.4m and that gives Nashville 2 1st, 2nd and a 3rd and basically tells the rest of the league what Webers intentions are.

Poile either matches and keeps Weber for one more year and loses him next summer... or takes the picks.

I think Weber will be dealt VERY soon. I'd be surprised if he was in a Preds uniform next season.

Your offer sheet proposal limits Weber's selections to teams with their own 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick next year + cap room to make such a deal + a team Weber would be willing to sign an offer sheet for. An unlikely scenario

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:36 PM
braindead

If the preds trade weber, they need a high potential kid not Kessler Kessel or Ryan. They need to assess the young talent- who is the emerging giroux of 3 years ago? I'd say couturier is the clear and obvious choice and is on a team that wants and needs weber.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Couts is a good option. I think trading for a young stud forward is the best route right now. But it's also worth considering a trade for a stud young defenseman to replace him, plus other pieces. Think McDonagh+, OEL+, Adam Larsson+, etc.

Like I said, I think getting a true top line forward is our best option, but the other track deserves consideration.

My dream deal would be McD/Staal/Girardi+Krieder/Stepan

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Iron Duke

I'd do the deal for the Schenns +. At least if we have both brothers, there's a remote chance we could get them to stick around.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:43 PM
MarkMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Your offer sheet proposal limits Weber's selections to teams with their own 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick next year + cap room to make such a deal + a team Weber would be willing to sign an offer sheet for. An unlikely scenario
Not trolling, I'm a Preds fan and have been active on your board for years.

So don't get upset, but one thing I'd point out is that Vancouver has its draft picks through the next several years, has cap space now with more to come when Luongo is moved, and can add more cap space when Ballard is moved.

So in short I agree with the rest, sign or move him quickly, if not, what's to stop the Canucks offering an $8-9 million one-year deal? If Preds match, they can't trade him next year iirc and will lose him for nothing next year if Weber is set on coming home. If the Preds don't match, four draft picks from a team that should still be at the higher end of the league hence lower-end draft picks won't be a good return on the guy.

Part of the problem is, I'm wondering if other GM's looking at the Preds are thinking the same thing if they trade for his rights.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Couts is a good option. I think trading for a young stud forward is the best route right now. But it's also worth considering a trade for a stud young defenseman to replace him, plus other pieces. Think McDonagh+, OEL+, Adam Larsson+, etc.

Like I said, I think getting a true top line forward is our best option, but the other track deserves consideration.

My dream deal would be McD/Staal/Girardi+Krieder/Stepan
Well, if you're going to dream, it's good to dream ridiculous I suppose.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote