HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Curse You Minnesota - Free Agent Frenzy IV

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 12:50 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 500
i really don't get the talk about people not seeing where Semin fits. the only winger he potentially can't beat out is Lando and they play different sides anyways.

he fits on the top line and he plays defense as well. he's the sniper we need on offense to open things up. we have play makers but not nearly enough lethal finishers.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:51 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
i don't think there's any way either signs for less than 6
Then screw it. Our team is pretty good as is all we need to do is trade for a top 4 dman and we'll be good

Old
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

vCash: 50
When was the last time Wings made a big trade?

They seem content to sign the odd UFA and let their prospects stay in Grand Rapids until they are (over)ripe.

Old
the_fan

With Wild getting Suter and Parise and the Nucks im not sure if Parenteau signing is gonna be enough to over come the NW division that got much tougher.

Avs really need a d-man. What is this team thinking? They think Zanon, O'Brien, O'Byrne, Hejda, Wilson are top pair d-men? If this guys gonna play top pair minutes than we might be in another long season.

Elliott and Barrie didn't exactly show that they are ready to step up to that #2 role. Come on Avs go out and at least get Carle to play with EJ. But it really seem to me that the Avs don't really care much about having a complete d core rather than they care more about having tons of offense.

Lot's of offense no defense is not gonna cut it.

Old
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Get semin!!!! ;)

OMG...I can't believe I didn't put 2 and 2 before just now....

"This is not a great teammate," said McGuire, doing his best to make the situation sound as serious as possible. "I'll tell you that right now, not a good guy to have around your group unless you have unbelievably great leadership and rely on that. He's the ultimate coach killer, that's what he is."

SIGN HIM ASAP!!!!

Old
07-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Comin View Post
I was thinking along these lines when someone mentioned them going after Yandle. What exactly do they have to offer up that's going to get that kind of deal done? Keeping in mind that they have to outbid the other interested parties (which, in Yandle's case, would be many).
Fillpula fits Yotes needs.

Old
shadow1

Colorado can choose to worry about defense in the future. Right now they have a group of solid defensive defensemen with one guy who has star potential. Not the best group ever, but teams have won the cup with worse.

If Colorado landed Alex Semin it would add so much depth and a new dimension to their offense. Going into the season with the same O'Reilly and Stastny lines but seeing Duchene flanked by PA and Semin would be awesome.

Old
Ceremony
SKYLERWHITEBESTWHITE

6 games against Minnesota will be fun.

Old
Foppa Frossa

Bender, that's joke's been done son.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
When was the last time Wings made a big trade?

They seem content to sign the odd UFA and let their prospects stay in Grand Rapids until they are (over)ripe.
Not in recent past, but they can't stand pat, they've lost 50% of their top 4 and added nothing, I could see them on the outside looking in if Zetterbeg has another sub-par season.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:55 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by en_snabb_svensk View Post
it's still funny if it gets Sacco canned. not as good for the outlook of the team though. if he gets canned it means we sucked balls and i don't wanna suck balls this year.

Old
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He does, but he isn't near enough to return Yandle. Remember, Yandle doesn't have a NTC, which means he's available to any team willing to pony up enough to get him. The bidding for him would get pretty expensive.

Old
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Leipold: "We're going to get a Winter Classic. We're an exciting team, a great market, good players. We're everything." #mnwild
I'm really starting to hate the Wild. What a dou**y comment.

Quote:
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Leipold: "Thiswas discussed months & months ago going back to last season. This is a result of very smart hockey ops dept thinking longterm"
Yea great longterm thinking.

Last summers off season discussion:

Minnesota Hockey Ops: "Hey, Parise and Suter are gonna be UFA's next year, maybe we should try to sign them."

Leipold: "Genius!!!!"

Minnesota Hockey Ops: "We can throw giant ridiculous contracts at them!"

Leipold: "Oh my ****ing god!!! You guys are so ****ing smart!!! I can't believe no one else is considering that!! What amazing longterm thinking you guys have!!"

Old
07-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
I don't think it is a matter of simply spending more money. The Avs have started to spend more this offseason. I think the concern the Avs have is not committing to long deals that may hamper their ability to retain their core down the road (EJ, Duchene, O'Reilly, Landeskog, Varlamov).

Most UFAs want long term deals like Suter and Parise.
If I were a betting man, I'd put down a good sum that next CBA will have term limits anyway. League has to do somethin' about this cap circumventing, making term limits is the obvious way to do it.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Hans Landaskog

Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund

Quote:
The Hawks (as we saw coming) are in on Alex Semin (e3)

Old
07-04-2012, 12:57 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
With Wild getting Suter and Parise and the Nucks im not sure if Parenteau signing is gonna be enough to over come the NW division that got much tougher.

Avs really need a d-man. What is this team thinking? They think Zanon, O'Brien, O'Byrne, Hejda, Wilson are top pair d-men? If this guys gonna play top pair minutes than we might be in another long season.

Elliott and Barrie didn't exactly show that they are ready to step up to that #2 role. Come on Avs go out and at least get Carle to play with EJ. But it really seem to me that the Avs don't really care much about having a complete d core rather than they care more about having tons of offense.

Lot's of offense no defense is not gonna cut it.
Count me in the group that isn't all that afraid of this Minnesota team. They have a few stars and the rest is an AHL quality team.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
i don't think there's any way either signs for less than 6
I could see Carle signing for less than 6, unless all he is worried about is $$$$. If that's the case, I would have to think the Avs are out. I could see them offering him a deal that is reasonably close to what Garrison signed for in Vancouver $4.5M to $5M per season for a 4-6 year term.

As for Semin, he made what $6.7M last year? I'm not sure what he's gonna sign for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Comin View Post
I was thinking along these lines when someone mentioned them going after Yandle. What exactly do they have to offer up that's going to get that kind of deal done? Keeping in mind that they have to outbid the other interested parties (which, in Yandle's case, would be many).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Ivan is right. That's the guy that would likely be going the other way along with their best prospect Brendan Smith and maybe even more than that.

Quote:
Dammit...I'm slow!

Old
07-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Nzap
BaltoBaltoBaltoBalto

Quote:
Originally Posted by OReally View Post
The Hawks need a no.2 center not Semin, no?

Old
07-04-2012, 01:00 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:

Also was just told, "Detroit preparing what could be called 'the deal to beat' for Nash."

please, please, please let this be true.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Count me in the group that isn't all that afraid of this Minnesota team. They have a few stars and the rest is an AHL quality team.
people are overrating and underating Minny all at the same time. They have a very good coach, which got them to first place in the NHL a few months into the season last year. Injuries hit and their best player was out for some time, so they slipped. They will be in the playoffs next year unless the same things happen, but by no means are they suddenly the best team in the west. I see them in the 4-5 range.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Drury_Sakic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Colorado can choose to worry about defense in the future. Right now they have a group of solid defensive defensemen with one guy who has star potential. Not the best group ever, but teams have won the cup with worse.

If Colorado landed Alex Semin it would add so much depth and a new dimension to their offense. Going into the season with the same O'Reilly and Stastny lines but seeing Duchene flanked by PA and Semin would be awesome.
And who does Hejduk play with then?

I am not opposed to adding Semin at the right price, but one of the other Avs forwards is going to get screwed.

It is REALLY hard to justify breaking up the O'Reilly line right now, both because of how well it worked last year AND because it gives you that line to match up against other teams top units.

Lando-O'Reilly-Downie

Then that leaves you with two lines looking for a winger.

Stastny-Jones
Duchene-PA

Hejduk did not just sign back for one more year to play on the 4th line, meaning he has to play in one of those two spots. IMO Hejduk has never had any real chemistry with Jones or Stastny, meaning he logically goes with Duchene and PA. The Stastny-Jones combo looked good with McGinn last year and could use the bit of sandpaper that he brings. Putting either Hejduk or Semin on the Stastny line removes that grit.

Presuming that you are OK with losing the grit/energy on the Stastny line, that leaves you with, in no particular order...

Lando-O'Reilly-Downie
Semin-Stastny-Jones
PA-Duchene-Hejduk
McGinn-Mitchell-McLeod

Now, that may seem great to get Kobasew off the roster, but I can't imagine McGinn would be happy and IMO its a waste of a talented forward who SHOULD be playing top 6 minutes.

That leaves the team possibly trading McGinn....maybe then you turn to the Yotes and offer some combo of McGinn + Barrie/Elliott + 1st + one of the lefty D for Yandle.....

Old
07-04-2012, 01:02 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I'm really starting to hate the Wild. What a dou**y comment.

Yea great longterm thinking.

Last summers off season discussion:

Minnesota Hockey Ops: "Hey, Parise and Suter are gonna be UFA's next year, maybe we should try to sign them."

Leipold: "Genius!!!!"

Minnesota Hockey Ops: "We can throw giant ridiculous contracts at them!"

Leipold: "Oh my ****ing god!!! You guys are so ****ing smart!!! I can't believe no one else is considering that!! What amazing longterm thinking you guys have!!"
they signed em so they can say what they want to pump up their front office. teams cleared cap to chase them but Minnesota had the balls enough to sign both to crazy deals.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
please, please, please let this be true.
Yes, let Detroit rip their team apart for a 60-70 point Nash.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
And who does Hejduk play with then?

I am not opposed to adding Semin at the right price, but one of the other Avs forwards is going to get screwed.

It is REALLY hard to justify breaking up the O'Reilly line right now, both because of how well it worked last year AND because it gives you that line to match up against other teams top units.

Lando-O'Reilly-Downie

Then that leaves you with two lines looking for a winger.

Stastny-Jones
Duchene-PA

Hejduk did not just sign back for one more year to play on the 4th line, meaning he has to play in one of those two spots. IMO Hejduk has never had any real chemistry with Jones or Stastny, meaning he logically goes with Duchene and PA. The Stastny-Jones combo looked good with McGinn last year and could use the bit of sandpaper that he brings. Putting either Hejduk or Semin on the Stastny line removes that grit.

Presuming that you are OK with losing the grit/energy on the Stastny line, that leaves you with, in no particular order...

Lando-O'Reilly-Downie
Semin-Stastny-Jones
PA-Duchene-Hejduk
McGinn-Mitchell-McLeod

Now, that may seem great to get Kobasew off the roster, but I can't imagine McGinn would be happy and IMO its a waste of a talented forward who SHOULD be playing top 6 minutes.

That leaves the team possibly trading McGinn.

Just because it's Hejduk does it mean he automatically deserve a top line roster spot. Especially the way he played down the stretch.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

vCash: 103
Quote:
Sacrificing a year to get corch sucko to be shown the door is something I'm willing to accept even though its painful to see the team suck. Nothing can be worse than the meltdown of the 2nd half of the 2010-2011 season.

Closed Thread