HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dead Wings Era 2.0

Old
07-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Goalie guy

vCash: 500
Just because people are thinking there may be trouble gives none of you the right to call them fair weather fans!!!!! maybe you should take off your rose red colored glasses? we will be okay just sucks today that is all. but don't act like there are not very big concerns with our team right now.

Last edited by Goalie guy: 07-04-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Goalie guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Kiddington
heehats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbeauNoir View Post
Including the part where the remotely-normal guy of the two states that it's a massive overreaction? lol
No, in this case, I'm Michael Scott.

I made that very clear in my e-mail to Kenny. I am going to kill myself, and it's all his fault for not getting Suter.

This is ALL on his hands.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:07 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
If Dead Wings means all the people crying on this forum go away...

Bring it on!
I agree 100%. It's getting tiring listening to all these so called fans say look at me I told you so. Now's your perftect chance to jump ship and go cheer for a team that has a great GM who has managed to get his team into the playoffs two years in a row.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:10 PM
CorbeauNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddington View Post
No, in this case, I'm Michael Scott.

I made that very clear in my e-mail to Kenny. I am going to kill myself, and it's all his fault for not getting Suter.

This is ALL on his hands.
Alright, well, bye forever :I

CorbeauNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Kiddington
heehats

Quote:
Alright, well, bye forever :I
Don't worry, I'll still be here.

My ghost will forever haunt HF out of revenge for Kenny letting us all down. It's only right.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
CorbeauNoir

I don't think anybody denies that there are concerns. But I also have to note the irony of someone telling people to 'get a grip' when they react to the (as-yet-unseen) performance of a sports team as if they lost a child.

It's only sports - spectator sports at that. It's really, really, really not that big of a deal. Especially in a league structured specifically so that teams go through phases like these anyway.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 07-04-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
07-04-2012, 02:17 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

The Wings may very well be in store for a big drop off, maybe miss the playoffs, but Dead Wings 2.0? That's a laughable suggestion. I can only assume that some people don't even realize how bad those Wings teams were. They missed the playoffs in 12 out of 13 seasons. I see very little (virtually nothing, really) to suggest that will be the case, or even close, with the current team.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:18 PM
THW

I think there will be atleast a decent season, I hope a good trade and signing a good forward will help. I think all of these people thinking Minn is all of a sudden a SCF lock are nuts. I bet they are at best a second round team, but I can also see a huge injury in their future, not that I wish that on anyone, but that team is gonna come out playing over their heads and thats when bad things happen. First round ousting for us unless we make the moves we need and the team gels.

THW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
I just don't get what's the point. Is the front office going to majorly restructure itself because people on HFBoards are concerned about their decisions?
Quote:
I don't think anybody denies that there are concerns. But I also have to note the irony of someone telling people to 'get a grip' when they react to the performance of a sports team as if they lost a child.

It's only sports.
I was raising concerns and said that the future looked pretty bad, I have no idea how that can be viewed as "overreacting"?

What I'm even more concerned about is some fans in here ganging up on people having these concerns, telling them to "get the **** out". Am I a lesser fan just because I'm realistic - is a "great" fan supposed to completely blind and always disregard everything that isn't positive?

I don't get it.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:21 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
I was raising concerns and said that the future looked pretty bad, I have no idea how that can be viewed as "overreacting"?
You have some valid concerns, but the suggestion of "an era of total suckage" and another "Dead Wings" era is the overreaction part.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
At least Valenti makes good points when he talks.
You obviously don't listen to Valenti on a consistent basis

Reality Check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
I agree 100%. It's getting tiring listening to all these so called fans say look at me I told you so. Now's your perftect chance to jump ship and go cheer for a team that has a great GM who has managed to get his team into the playoffs two years in a row.
More tiring than listening to fans bragging about how hardcore they are? If you want to live in denial thats fine but this is a thread for those with concerns. Let them vent or have their concerns. Apparently being concerned is a sign of disloyalty. How intelligent.

Hobnobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Mickey Redmond

The team is going to suck next year, let's be honest.

Mickey Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:27 PM
CorbeauNoir

Quote:

What I'm even more concerned about is some fans in here ganging up on people having these concerns, telling them to "get the **** out". Am I a lesser fan just because I'm realistic - is a "great" fan supposed to completely blind and always disregard everything that isn't positive?

I don't get it.
I just don't understand what hypothesizing the worst-case scenario is supposed to accomplish, exactly. Is the team magically going to remedy itself because you've made a vague prediction of what might happen or something? Is Ken Holland going to resign because of an HFB post? There's no actual purpose to it.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and assume everybody here unilaterally agrees with you: now what?

Old
07-04-2012, 02:27 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Redmond View Post
The team is going to suck next year, let's be honest.
I think thats a fair assumption. The question is how much will they suck? 8th seed first round exit or 9th seed Calgary zone level of suckiness.

WingedWheel1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
I just don't understand what hypothesizing the worst-case scenario is supposed to accomplish, exactly. Is the team magically going to remedy itself because you've made a vague prediction of what might happen or something? Is Ken Holland going to resign because of an HFB post? There's no actual purpose to it.
By that logic there's no reason to discuss anything since it won't have an actual purpose anyway?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:32 PM
CorbeauNoir

Quote:
By that logic there's no reason to discuss anything since it won't have an actual purpose anyway?
Pretty much. The info put up for the GDT threads is pretty good but these forums seriously go to **** as soon as there's any kind of 3rd-party conjecture, especially during the offseason.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:32 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
More tiring than listening to fans bragging about how hardcore they are? If you want to live in denial thats fine but this is a thread for those with concerns. Let them vent or have their concerns. Apparently being concerned is a sign of disloyalty. How intelligent.
How is not believing this team is in another Dead Wing era being in denial. Yes I would much rather listen to a guy talk about how he likes the Wings then b**ch about every single thing. There is a big difference between being concerned and B**ching just to B**ch. I'm concerned as well does that mean I should start openly trashing everything I would be cheering for if the Wings end up making a run next year. It's in some peoples nature to complain and that's all they care to do.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:34 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Seriously? xD

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
How is not believing this team is in another Dead Wing era being in denial. Yes I would much rather listen to a guy talk about how he likes the Wings then b**ch about every single thing. There is a big difference between being concerned and B**ching just to B**ch. I'm concerned as well does that mean I should start openly trashing everything I would be cheering for if the Wings end up making a run next year. It's in some peoples nature to complain and that's all they care to do.
Then let them b**ch to no one. If no one responds they will stop posting because its not intresting.

Hobnobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:38 PM
norrisnick

I'm getting really sick of every other post disappearing... It's the internet... pack a helmet.

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Z40
High Compete Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie guy View Post
Just because people are thinking there may be trouble gives none of you the right to call them fair weather fans!!!!! maybe you should take off your rose red colored glasses? we will be okay just sucks today that is all. but don't act like there are not very big concerns with our team right now.
Quote:

I don't get it.
I'm sorry, but calling for Ken Holland to be fired and saying our team sucks now just because we didn't land Parise and Suter... that is more than just voicing concerns or troubles. That is an overreaction. The name of this thread alone is ridiculous. We don't need that kind of negativity on here. I'm sick of it. It's ruining these, otherwise, fun boards.

Note: I'm not saying you two specifically said some of this stuff, but those are the general things I have seen said in other threads.

Last edited by Z40: 07-04-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: added a note
Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:50 PM
TradeBait

We may not dominate the league like we used to, but we won't turn into the leafs.

And I can promise in the next 13 years we'll have triple the cups the Wild win

TradeBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINISHYOURMILK View Post
We may not dominate the league like we used to, but we won't turn into the leafs.

And I can promise in the next 13 years we'll have triple the cups the Wild win
they have 1 and we have 3?
they have 2 and we have 6?
or ideally.....they have 3 and we have 9?

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:09 PM
snailderby

Might we take a step back without Lidstrom, and with Datsyuk/Zetterberg getting older? Sure. Maybe.

Dead Wings Era 2.0? Nah. I don't think we're quite there yet. We still have a good core, a couple promising prospects (Nyquist and Smith, e.g.), a good coach and GM, and plenty of cap space (although no Parise or Suter to sign with that cap space).

snailderby is offline   Reply With Quote