HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency Part V: Y u no frenzy?!?!?! (Suter and Parise sign with Wild)

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
The first 2 years of the contracts are 2M base with 10M in signing bonus. That's crap. It should be look at as 12M in compensation. Therefore the final years at 1M are WAY less than half of the first 2 years.
Yep. The signing bonus IMO should count, but it doesn't. We did the same with Richards.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:58 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
The first 2 years of the contracts are 2M base with 10M in signing bonus. That's crap. It should be look at as 12M in compensation. Therefore the final years at 1M are WAY less than half of the first 2 years.
We got away with it Richards too. It's ******** all around but it's on the NHL for allowing this. Can't wait to see what they do with these contracts in the new CBA.

07-04-2012, 01:59 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Can't ignore the irony of the Kovalchuk Amendment being the thing that permitted the Wild to structure to deal in this manner. Devils lost Parise because of Kovalchuk!

Old
07-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Svenhart2008

Quote:

So dumb that they can get away with this.

I hope things change drastically in the new CBA and there's a cap on contracts say 7 years max.

Half of EITHER of the first two years = 6. Contract is fine

Old
07-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Regardless, with parise not going to pitt, we are right there to win the east again and maybe we can sign a top 6 guy now and wait til the deadline for the big move
Sorry, but with a healthy Crosby we don't win the division last season. And even with Staal traded to Carolina, they're still better (way better) up front and it's not close. Would be my pick to win the division if I were a gambling man, followed closely by Philly if Bryz finds himself and the Rangers a not to distant third ..Could get even uglier depending on how long Gabby's out and how long it takes for him to get back to 100%.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Can't ignore the irony of the Kovalchuk Amendment being the thing that permitted the Wild to structure to deal in this manner. Devils lost Parise because of Kovalchuk!
In more ways than one. I'm really glad for Minnesota and I look forward playing against them.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:03 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Parise and Suter got the same exact contract

$12M salary. 50% drop is allowed. It can drop by $6M. See that $6M salary in year 10 for Parise.

The Rangers did the same thing. Richards got $12M in years 1 and 2. Can drop by $6M. Richards contract goes from $7M in year 6 to $1M in year 7. $6M drop is allowed.

Richards AVV for the first 6 years is $9.5M. The last 3 years of $1M each drop it to $6.667M.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Svenhart2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Parise and Suter got the same exact contract

$12M salary. 50% drop is allowed. It can drop by $6M. See that $6M salary in year 10 for Parise.

The Rangers did the same thing. Richards got $12M in years 1 and 2. Can drop by $6M. Richards contract goes from $7M in year 6 to $1M in year 7. $6M drop is allowed.

Richards AVV for the first 6 years is $9.5M. The last 3 years of $1M each drop it to $6.667M.
Correctemundo. It's either of the first two years, not both combined

Old
07-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Peace out jerk off

Cally for team USA captain in '14
From the NJ boards

They're starting to see the truth.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Howson's bull horn has been clear that Columbus needs predominantly forwards back for Nash.
Guess him and Shero are gonna work something out then.

Old
NYRKING30

I am not sure if this has been asked yet but what is the deal with Parise and Suter? Are they like BFF or something since before the past few weeks i wasn't sure at all if they were friendly with each other. Interested to know.

Old
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Craig Custance wrote about this yesterday

Quote:
The interest in Suter and Parise has been every bit as widespread as expected. Part of it is because they're great players, but there may be an attempt among the general managers in the league to get one last star player locked into a cap-friendly contract before the rules are rewritten. Some people expect that the next CBA will come with limits on contract length, although Kelly believes that won't be the case. He sees other limitations coming.

"The next CBA is definitely going to put some kind of control on it," he said. "They'll deal with the heavy front-end loading that's going on. There will be some type of formula that says there can't be much more than a certain percentage increase and decreased from one year or the next in the body of the contract." The bottom line? "I know the owners would love to cap it at five or six years," he said. "I know the union will resist that."
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog/...each-cap-floor

Kelly is former NHLPA Exec. Director Paul Kelly.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Guess him and Shero are gonna work something out then.
With what forwards?

Old
07-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
We got away with it Richards too. It's ******** all around but it's on the NHL for allowing this. Can't wait to see what they do with these contracts in the new CBA.
Didn't realize the Richards contract was like that. Haven't looked at it in over a year. I guess I shouldn't complain.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Uh, none of those players have much value. Bennet has the most, probably, but the kid is no centerpiece prospect in a deal for a guy like Nash.

Please don't try and pretend that Pittsburgh has anything of value. Couple that with your Mitchell opinion and I may have to rethink my views on you, man.
How do they not have value? They are all very good prospects. They would all be top prospects on any team in the league. Morrow was a beast for the Winterhawks in the WHL. Doumolin completed his college services and was gonna push for a roster spot in Carolina. Pouliot is a PMD drafted 8th overall from the Jordan Staal trade. Despres has shown promise in his NHL stint this year. They are all valuable assets.

I don't really care of what someone on the keyboard thinks of me either. I have my opinions man

Old
07-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Minnesota Heat.

07-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
With what forwards?
Beau Bennet is a forward, is he not?

Old
07-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Beau Bennet is a forward, is he not?
Hardly the NHL ready centerpiece that Columbus is looking for, though.

I agree that Pittsburgh has a very attractive group of young defensemen. I don't think there's a fit there though. Unless a third team is involved.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Hardly the NHL ready centerpiece that Columbus is looking for, though.

I agree that Pittsburgh has a very attractive group of young defensemen. I don't think there's a fit there though. Unless a third team is involved.
Defense prospects can easily be swapped for forward prospects. Just trade one of the defense prospects received in trade for a young forward like Magnus Paajarvi or Colin Wilson.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
How do they not have value? They are all very good prospects. They would all be top prospects on any team in the league. Morrow was a beast for the Winterhawks in the WHL. Doumolin completed his college services and was gonna push for a roster spot in Carolina. Pouliot is a PMD drafted 8th overall from the Jordan Staal trade. Despres has shown promise in his NHL stint this year. They are all valuable assets.

I don't really care of what someone on the keyboard thinks of me either. I have my opinions man
I haven't been as invested in the rollercoaster that is this Nash thing, but hasn't the issue been that Columbus wants roster players back? I think we could throw together some combination of Miller, Erixon, McIlrath, Fast, Thomas etc. that would equal a combination of the Penguins prospects too if that's all it took.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:19 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Jim Matheson ‏@NHLbyMatty

I think Shane Doan is in the catbird seat with teams looking for an established winger. Best UFA forward available right now.
Agreed
Get him
And maybe Nash too...

Old
07-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
I haven't been as invested in the rollercoaster that is this Nash thing, but hasn't the issue been that Columbus wants roster players back? I think we could throw together some combination of Miller, Erixon, McIlrath, Fast, Thomas etc. that would equal a combination of the Penguins prospects too if that's all it took.
Yeah, sounds like they're going to need 2 NHL forwards going back.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
Yeah, sounds like they're going to need 2 NHL forwards going back.
Yeah, which the Penguins really don't have to give away.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Cmox

I get the feeling Nash goes to the Pens.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

if anything the Rangers have LESS of an imperative to get Nash now. Philly is weaker, no Jagr or JVR. Pittsburgh is weaker, no Staal or Michalek. NJ is weaker, no Parise, and they are already a very old team. the Isles probably got a bit better, but realistically, does anyone expect them to challenge the Rangers at the top?

Rangers, if Gabby can get healthy, adding Kreider, may have seen a net gain over every team in their division...frankly none of the teams in the East have really done much of anything. Buffalo is a big question mark, Washington is losing Semin, and Ribiero doesnt scare me at all...whose done anything? The west has gotten much stronger....Rangers probably have less motiviation to get this done, unless Bobby Ryan, Evander Kane, etc somehow moves into their division.

Howson has less leverage imho.

Closed Thread