HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shea Weber

Old
07-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I dont think there's any chance of Couturier moving.

As for the Schenns, I highly doubt it. Luke hasnt even played a game for us-- there is absolutely no way he would be traded this summer.

So that leaves us with our next most valuable pieces. Voracek and Coburn.

Honestly, I think that's a better deal for NSH than Couturier+Meszaros anyway. They cant afford to gamble on Couturier. Voracek reasonably projects to be a 60+ point player. Couturier could be, or he could just be the next David Legwand. Nashville shouldnt be making deals for Weber based on a player like Couturier, imo.
Yeah, I supposed Voracek + Coburn + could work for Nashville--though I think it is a much, much worse idea for us.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:11 PM
54drinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
Hobbit, strait up trade..
oh! I think I could live with that. But doesn't he have a no trade clause?

54drinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Haute Couturier

I think right now Weber's best chance to get an insane 12 or 13 year deal is with Nashville due to the uncertainty of the CBA unless he just wants out.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
Hobbit, strait up trade..
You might, might be able to get Enstrom for Briere straight up, if he agreed to waive, but probably not.

Weber will go for young, high-end players and futures, not a 34-year old one-way center.

(and, as mentioned, he has a NMC).

Old
07-04-2012, 02:17 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
He's as close as he gets. Weber is going to be 27. Pronger was 35. Pay up.
Yup, he's Pronger at an earlier age than Pronger was when we got him. I'm not sure how I feel about this. We have a lot of holes and a lot of promising young guys and giving them up opens more holes. And we still have Bryz for 8 years. I'm not sure Weber is the missing piece, especially considering what we'll have to give up.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:24 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Voracek + Coburn + 2 firsts would be my proposal

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:26 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

I don't think a trade for Weber is in the cards, the conversation starts with Couts and B. Schenn, by all means I would love Weber here but the Preds need forwards and a roster D going back, Coby+Voracek+picks might work, I mean the Flyers and Preds have a really good track record trading with each other so you never know how it's going to pan out

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Broad Street Elite

Simply put, Philadelphia does not get Weber without it being Schenn/Couturier +. Yes, you'd, at a minimum, have to have some assurance that Weber would sign in Philadelphia for longterm or get a window to re-sign.

Any offer that doesn't include Schenn or Couturier is embarassing... and makes us look like the Toronto Maple Leafs fans imo.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:30 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
All of these proposals for weber anger me. He hits the open market next year. Why sell half your future for 1 year of guaranteed service since e can choose to hit the open market next year. The price to pay at te deadline will be lower so I'd try then. Any trade involving coburn negates anything we are trying to accomplish. Trading schenn coots+ for any one player is absurd.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:33 PM
laundryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Simply put, Philadelphia does not get Weber without it being Schenn/Couturier +. Yes, you'd, at a minimum, have to have some assurance that Weber would sign in Philadelphia for longterm or get a window to re-sign.

Any offer that doesn't include Schenn or Couturier is embarassing... and makes us look like the Toronto Maple Leafs fans imo.
This unfortunately. One of Schenn or Coots is gonna have to go the other way.

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:43 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
All of these proposals for weber anger me. He hits the open market next year. Why sell half your future for 1 year of guaranteed service since e can choose to hit the open market next year. The price to pay at te deadline will be lower so I'd try then. Any trade involving coburn negates anything we are trying to accomplish. Trading schenn coots+ for any one player is absurd.
Getting Weber earlier would almost certainly mean we're resigning him. We have a track record of it.

Including Coburn doesn't negate any positive about getting Weber, Weber is a better player. I'd hate to loose Coburn, but he won't be a dealbreaker.

So you wouldn't trade Schenn or Couturier for Doughty, Stamkos or Crosby? Right.

The Flyers won't be the only team bidding on Weber if he becomes available. Any deal starts with one of Couturier or B. Schenn. Look around the league and guess what other teams actually could offer.

Might sound crazy but Giroux for Weber straight up would benefit both teams the most imo. Nashville wouldn't take it because they'd have a hard time resigning Claude.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Getting Weber earlier would almost certainly mean we're resigning him. We have a track record of it.

Including Coburn doesn't negate any positive about getting Weber, Weber is a better player. I'd hate to loose Coburn, but he won't be a dealbreaker.

So you wouldn't trade Schenn or Couturier for Doughty, Stamkos or Crosby? Right.

The Flyers won't be the only team bidding on Weber if he becomes available. Any deal starts with one of Couturier or B. Schenn. Look around the league and guess what other teams actually could offer.

Might sound crazy but Giroux for Weber straight up would benefit both teams the most imo. Nashville wouldn't take it because they'd have a hard time resigning Claude.
1. Heck no.

2. Nashville laughs and takes it. Giroux is a bargain for two more years, then RFA. Three years of Giroux @3.75 >>> 1 year of Weber @ 7.5

Old
07-04-2012, 02:49 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
In what world? The Flyers would have one player who scored more than 49 points last season. And I have a hard time seeing Hartnell reach 50 without Giroux.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Broad Street Elite

Those suggesting that we wait till next year also need to remember that there are very likely going to be provisions which limit the ability of cap teams to offer longer deals to reduce the cap hits of premiere players. There are a ton of advantages right now for a cap team and a player atm.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:55 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
In what world? The Flyers would have one player who scored more than 49 points last season. And I have a hard time seeing Hartnell reach 50 without Giroux.
True.
But from an organizational standpoint we wouldn't loose all of our depth for Weber. Briere-Schenn-Couturier could still be decent down the middle.
I also wouldn't do it. Might have been a stupid thing to say.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
True.
But from an organizational standpoint we wouldn't loose all of our depth for Weber. Briere-Schenn-Couturier could still be decent down the middle.
I also wouldn't do it. Might have been a stupid thing to say.
No it wouldn't. Schenn and Couturier are developing and Briere is declining.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:29 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:

To trade for Crosby Stamkos or doughty it cost schenn coots+. Not worth it. Ok. Put Stamkos on a line with giroux if you wind up with no talent behind that you lose. Period. And that's trading for the best player in the league. Id rather have a core of guys through out the line up that contribute all over the ice than have a few superstars. Especially one we can get for nothing if we wait. Who says weber doesn't decided to stay. It's not worth it. If the value is there its there. But trading schenn and coots is just dumb. Resign Voracek, fill holes through FA and make a run at weber next July should he be available. Or Enstrom. I'd rather see what Luke Schenn has and what Voracek can bring I Girouxs wing before I trade half the damn team for one of Ryan Nash or Weber. They aren't that badly needed yet. I'd like to see how the assets we got for 2 guys that just won a cup do before we ship em all off for 1 guy a year later.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Jack de la Hoya

For whatever it's worth, my proposal of B. Schenn + L. Schenn + 2013 1st has been met with at least tentative acceptance on the Nashville boards. Couturier also of great interest.

(One poster pointed out that getting the two brothers would perhaps make it more likely that they can keep them around--which is both true, and a little depressing for them. Tough time to be a Predators fan, I think).

Old
07-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturioux View Post
Voracek + Coburn + 2 firsts would be my proposal
That'd be a quick hang up from Nashville.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
You think so?

I think they would counter with Couturier + Coburn +, but it's hardly an insulting offer.

Old
07-04-2012, 04:31 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Yup, he's Pronger at an earlier age than Pronger was when we got him. I'm not sure how I feel about this. We have a lot of holes and a lot of promising young guys and giving them up opens more holes. And we still have Bryz for 8 years. I'm not sure Weber is the missing piece, especially considering what we'll have to give up.
Lol?

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
If they hung up on that, then they can lose him at FA. The overvaluing of players is insane.

You don't trade a quantity of proven assets for star players. It just doesn't happen in the NHL. It's far to costly and it's downright stupid.

Futures are fine, you never know what you are giving up. 1st round draft picks are fine and dandy, but the other team at least has to know how to use them. You never see the player, your not trading salary ect.

You don't trade a top pairing defenseman with a top line winger along with futures for a defenseman. It's idiotic.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:18 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
If they hung up on that, then they can lose him at FA. The overvaluing of players is insane.

You don't trade a quantity of proven assets for star players. It just doesn't happen in the NHL. It's far to costly and it's downright stupid.

Futures are fine, you never know what you are giving up. 1st round draft picks are fine and dandy, but the other team at least has to know how to use them. You never see the player, your not trading salary ect.

You don't trade a top pairing defenseman with a top line winger along with futures for a. defenseman. It's idiotic.
This. If that's not enough WE hang up. Why give all those assets up when we get a free shot next july and can PAY A ****TON

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:20 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Harts + Colburn + picks for the WWE star.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:08 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Weber would never sign it, and if he did, Nashville would match.
What if it were 12 years, $100 million, with a front-load of like $12-13 million for a few seasons? Would Nashville match that?

Last edited by mercury: 07-04-2012 at 06:14 PM.
mercury is offline   Reply With Quote