HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brandon Prust to Montreal [4 years, $10M]

Old
07-03-2012, 05:35 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Which woman's hand is that ? Marie-Pier, the Prust's girlfriend ?
I thought you only liked horses?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:45 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Which woman's hand is that ? Marie-Pier, the Prust's girlfriend ?
dunno but sure looks nice

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Kinda sad Rangers' fans have to come in here and tell us we need Prust when it should be obvious to everyone we did... Habs fans shouldn't want this man gone already....

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:13 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Kinda sad Rangers' fans have to come in here and tell us we need Prust when it should be obvious to everyone we did... Habs fans shouldn't want this man gone already....
The Gauthier pimp hand is still very very strong.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:59 PM
zzoo

4 fights against Rick Rypien. I think that he lost in those 4 fights.
http://25stanley.com/combat-souvenir...ck-rypien.html

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Hugo Sham

just checking hockeyfights and Brandon has had 63 regular season fights the last 3 years! that's ****ing crazy. 20/18/25. this dude is fearless....he's a high end middleweight but is not afraid to go with the heavies. he has a whole lot of Nilan in him - right down to his size and doggedness

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:08 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
4 fights against Rick Rypien. I think that he lost in those 4 fights.
http://25stanley.com/combat-souvenir...ck-rypien.html
No shame in that. Rypien was the best fighter in the league, technicallly speaking. His technique was amazing.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
just checking hockeyfights and Brandon has had 63 regular season fights the last 3 years! that's ****ing crazy. 20/18/25. this dude is fearless....he's a high end middleweight but is not afraid to go with the heavies. he has a whole lot of Nilan in him - right down to his size and doggedness
Hopefully he is still hungry for more after getting paid.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:13 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I think 100% of rangers fans wanted Prust to stay but with the contract offered he took the money. Can't blame him for doing that.

You guys are going to love his game.

He does everything a team needs to get its engine going. He fights, hits, backchecks, plays well on the PK too. So I think it was a good signing for you guys, albeit a little expensive...

Please watch out for when Prust mistakes himself for a puck carrying offensively skilled forward. Those cross ice passes and blind dumps to the middle of the ice are often the turnovers that will earn Price his contract money.

As long as Prust is going North and South he is going to bring it to anyone playing your Habs. Plus if anyone even looks sideways at Plekanec, Desharnais or Gionta, Prust is going to be all over them like white on rice.

Can't wait for the first game versus NYR because you know that Prust is going to make them pay ... but good

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
No shame in that. Rypien was the best fighter in the league, technicallly speaking. His technique was amazing.
Rypien was the best p4p fighter in the entire league according to many polls.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:25 AM
DamianHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Prust, the best or one of the best bottom 6 forwards? I think people are going to be incredibly disappointed by his lack of contribution. Or, they'll just see him buzzing around, making big hits, and assume he's doing a terrific job on the whole.

Prust is a fourth liner for a reason: he's not very good.
Enough of this nonsense. I live in NY and saw plenty of Rags games over the past few years. Prust needs to be watched to be appreciated. He's tough, fearless, tireless. A great agitator and more third line than fourth in terms of what he's worth to a team. John Torterella loved him.

We Habs fans are world class second guessers and whiners. I'd hate to think we're also unknowledgable fans as well.

DamianHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Much was written about the Habs' interest in trading for Steve Ott. Yesterday, Ott was finally dealt to the Sabres for Derek Roy. One day earlier, the Habs acquired free agent Brandon Prust.

Looking at what the Sabres had to part with in the Ott deal (Roy), one could extrapolate that the Stars were looking to take back Tomas Plekanec from the Canadiens. By signing Prust as a UFA, the Habs' get a similar, if somewhat lesser player to Ott, and retain their number one center.

This is strong asset management. Ott is certainly a more accomplished player than Prust but not to the extent that Plekanec be lost as trade bait. And who knows? With an increased role next season, Prust's offensive numbers may well rise. If not, we still get an excellent defensive player who is every bit the sht-disturber that Ott is.

And we get to keep Plekanec in the bargain.
Or perhaps more likely Desharnais, who is our Derek Roy-lite.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianHabs View Post
Enough of this nonsense. I live in NY and saw plenty of Rags games over the past few years. Prust needs to be watched to be appreciated. He's tough, fearless, tireless. A great agitator and more third line than fourth in terms of what he's worth to a team. John Torterella loved him.

We Habs fans are world class second guessers and whiners. I'd hate to think we're also unknowledgable fans as well.
You've actually reiterated precisely what I have, but with an insulting spin on it. For someone who claims to be 'knowledgable,' you sure do struggle with making a compelling argument. Which is, you know, somewhat necessary on a discussion forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer
And who wants him gone?

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
I think 100% of rangers fans wanted Prust to stay but with the contract offered he took the money. Can't blame him for doing that.

You guys are going to love his game.

He does everything a team needs to get its engine going. He fights, hits, backchecks, plays well on the PK too. So I think it was a good signing for you guys, albeit a little expensive...

Please watch out for when Prust mistakes himself for a puck carrying offensively skilled forward. Those cross ice passes and blind dumps to the middle of the ice are often the turnovers that will earn Price his contract money.

As long as Prust is going North and South he is going to bring it to anyone playing your Habs. Plus if anyone even looks sideways at Plekanec, Desharnais or Gionta, Prust is going to be all over them like white on rice.

Can't wait for the first game versus NYR because you know that Prust is going to make them pay ... but good
Going to be interesting because guys like White, Moen, Armstrong (White in particular) also don't hesitate to defend teammates. With Therien at the helm Habs will have a different feel for sure this year.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Carey Chant

I loved the Cole signing last year even with the age and the length of the contract. He was the exact type of player Montreal needed and it worked out great for us (well not standings wise).

Prust will be on the same level with the Cole signing, he is exactly what this team needed. He isn't just a goon, he can bring it on so many levels. If someone gives Subban a cheap shot next season this guy will drop the gloves to protect him. Love the signing, things are looking good in Hab land.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:24 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
People are going to stop *****ing about the contract and do a 180 when they see him play. Instant fan favorite in Montreal for sure.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:55 AM
ChoseLa

If Armstrong comes back to full health and plays as hard as ever he could be the 20 goals scorer **** disturber that Ott would have been. That's a lot of if, but also a lot of Desharnais.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:00 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Rypien was the best p4p fighter in the entire league according to many polls.
Yep, that's pretty much what I said.

Old
07-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post

And who wants him gone?
"Gone" was a poor choice of words. I get the sense people wanted him for cheaper, or not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
People are going to stop *****ing about the contract and do a 180 when they see him play. Instant fan favorite in Montreal for sure.
Exactly. I also think having more fighters will make Moen better. I'm sure deep down the guy knew he couldn't really fight because if he did this ***** of a team would be defenseless against any school yard bully.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:54 PM
NotProkofievian

Having a 4th line in the proper sense of the word is going to be very refreshing for habs fans, IMO. Gone should be the days of having Pouliots, Kostitsyns and Darches on our 4th line.

4th lines should do three things:

-make life miserable for the opposition
-be defensively rock-solid
-provide energy when the team needs it

...if Prust can do that, and manage to score a few goals, and win a few fights in between: fan-****in-tastic.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:54 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
"Gone" was a poor choice of words. I get the sense people wanted him for cheaper, or not at all.
Seeing as a majority of hockey fans I speak to these days think the cap is 50M instead of it being the floor that's 50M it doesn't surprise me when someone freaks out about a UFA overpayment as the end of the world.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:03 PM
BLONG7

Torts loved this guy...nuff said.

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:05 PM
zzoo

I wonder if Prust is better than Moen.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Prust is better than Moen IMO.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Prust is better than Moen IMO.
Prust is a better pugilist and agitator, but Moen is the better hockey player. Both bring equal value though just in different ways. Overpayment or not, its what the habs needed to do to get this guy and I think it will be well worth the 1 mil overpayment

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote