HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agency Part V: Y u no frenzy?!?!?! (Suter and Parise sign with Wild)

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
McD will be signed no matter what. But your going to lose one of Girardi or Staal. Probably Girardi I would bet.
Agree. McD will get signed long term and pretty sure Staal will also. By that time, Girardi will most likely be sacrificed.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I don't think so. He wouldn't come more expensive than $3 million for a one year deal, IMO.
Your not getting him for a one year deal. Try 4, especially how he played for the Yotes this year.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:15 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
But if the Rangers and Flyers are the top competition for Nash, if the Rangers don't give Howson an offer he likes, that's a very real possibility.
Again, maybe Slats doesn't feel that Nash makes the Flyers better. In fact, getting Nash would be a typical Flyer move - ignoring defense and goaltending.

07-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Slats might feel the Nash doesn't make the Flyers much better.
That's a fair point. I was half hoping for the Flyers to land Parise, because it would prevent them from upgrading their defense, and would take them out of the Nash bidding.

edit: If another scoring forward wouldn't make the Flyers better, why would getting Parise draw a reaction from the Rangers, though?

Old
07-04-2012, 03:16 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Rozsival wouldn't want to come back here after the way the 400's persistently treated him despite years of service. And I don't blame him.
Funny how everybody is clamoring for what Roszival is -steady enough third pairing d-man - after acting like he was the worst player in the history of the NYR for years.

Guy was fine here.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Agree. McD will get signed long term and pretty sure Staal will also. By that time, Girardi will most likely be sacrificed.
I'm not so sure. With the Staal dynasty being built in Carolina, I'd possibly kick the tires on a Staal-Skinner swap if one of Staal or Girardi has to be let go due to the salary cap.

Quote:
Your not getting him for a one year deal. Try 4, especially how he played for the Yotes this year.
I'd want no part of him on a multi-year deal. How old is he, anyway? Rozy scored a whopping 13 points this past season, albeit an injury shortened one, and none in 15 playoff games.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I'm not so sure. With the Staal dynasty being built in Carolina, I'd possibly kick the tires on a Staal-Skinner swap if one of Staal or Girardi has to be let go due to the salary cap.

I'd want no part of him on a multi-year deal. How old is he, anyway? Rozy scored a whopping 13 points this past season, albeit an injury shortened one, and none in 15 playoff games.
Rosi wasn't there for points, he was there for his Defense/ Outlet pass. He was VERY good for the yotes in the playoffs.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Sather doesn't do a lot of returning players. He ditched Nedved despite a great camp.

In fact, I think Rucinsky is the only guy he ever brought back for a 2nd tenure. Unless I completely missed someone.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:21 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Funny how everybody is clamoring for what Roszival is -steady enough third pairing d-man - after acting like he was the worst player in the history of the NYR for years.

Guy was fine here.
Well, he was cast as a first pairing guy here. Thus the disappointment. But he wasnt a bad player, indeed.
As for getting him back to fire bombs from the point...if i remember correctly, he was very slow to get he shot off.
I dont see a rozsival part two. And thats fine.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:22 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Sather doesn't do a lot of returning players. He ditched Nedved despite a great camp.

In fact, I think Rucinsky is the only guy he ever brought back for a 2nd tenure. Unless I completely missed someone.
I thought that was a coaching decision. I think you're right about the other thing, though. I can't remember a player coming back here.

Old
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:

Sean Avery
Joel Bouchard

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
Well, he was cast as a first pairing guy here. Thus the disappointment. But he wasnt a bad player, indeed.
As for getting him back to fire bombs from the point...if i remember correctly, he was very slow to get he shot off.
I dont see a rozsival part two. And thats fine.
He just never wanted to shoot. Its too bad, because he has/had one of the best shots in the league. He just never uses it.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:27 PM
nyrangers21

What's the deal with Sean Avery?

He's a UFA, no?

I feel like, as long as his retirement comments were a joke, that he would land himself a contract somewhere...

Worse players are being signed.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
He just never wanted to shoot. Its too bad, because he has/had one of the best shots in the league. He just never uses it.

I remember Roszival being defensively steady during his time here, but I don't recall his shot being great in any way, even when he used it. I seem to remember him shooting wide pretty frequently.

Maybe my memory is fuzzy...

Old
07-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Nah he pretty much retired. I don't think he has formalized it though. He is making bank being a NY socialite. He doesn't need Hockey anymore.

Guy is too much of a pariah around the league for anyone to throw him a significant contract. Its too bad, he isn't a bad player.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
I remember Roszival being defensively steady during his time here, but I don't recall his shot being great in any way, even when he used it. I seem to remember him shooting wide pretty frequently.

He stopped taking point shots when Nylander left, instead opting to do close pinching snap shots/wristers.

I don't know why that happened, but he did have one of hell of a shot.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:32 PM
nyrangers21

Quote:

Kovalev, Messier

Old
07-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers21 View Post
Kovalev, Messier
I thought Messier was Smith. My NYR history is shaky. It was all about SLU until 2004.

Old
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post

Yeah, slow to get off and often inaccurate. Im sure coaches told him to get it on net or not shoot. Cuz a hard shot wide ends up going the other way pretty quickly.

Old
theFiGS42

Quote:

He's a UFA, no?

I feel like, as long as his retirement comments were a joke, that he would land himself a contract somewhere...

He'll take a year off probably and come back to a team in our division when he needs more money. The guys a serviceable player but 90% of the league hates him

Old
07-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:

He's a UFA, no?

can't remember where i read it, but he recently said that he was not looking and waiting for his retirement papers to go through

Old
07-04-2012, 03:36 PM
CM PUNK

looking at the remaining ufas that could provide cheap, veteran, RH depth guys...bring back eminger again might not be the worst option.

figure (barring anyone getting traded) the top 6 will hopefully be some combo of mcdonagh, girardi, del zotto, staal, erixon and stralman. bickel is already signed...eminger provides some depth till hopefully sauer returns.

if we trade mdz or erixon then that changes things, but as it stands we'd be looking for someone cheap

Old
07-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Hard to believe that a guy who averages 34 goals over an 82 game season in his career is getting ignored in the UFA market like this. No media attention at all.

I get that Semin has ex teammates who complained about his attitude but from what I saw of him against us he looked like he was trying. 15 goals in 51 playoff games isn't horrid.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS42 View Post
He'll take a year off probably and come back to a team in our division when he needs more money. The guys a serviceable player but 90% of the league hates him
He doesn't need it. Guy already has significant investments. He is making more money with the Fashion/social scene than he was as a hockey player. Dude is done. Unless he has an itch to come back to play the game.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:38 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I never thought I would have a reason to despise Columbus fans.

But then I read the trade board, where MDZ is "useless" and the Rangers have no valuable prospects.