HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals Free Agency III (Capital Hillen Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 01:26 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechtrick89 View Post
Semin will come to his senses and see this is the best place for him, then he will thrive with a distributor as his center and hopefully get his act together.
Who knows who needs to get their act together, him or GMGM.

For all we know Semin could be banging at the door saying he wants 6m for a year and he can prove himself next year to be an even better free agent when he actually has a damn center.

All I know is, if GMGMs idea of replacing Semin is that some guy had the same amount of goals as him on the same damn team, GMGM is bat **** crazy.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:29 PM
aquablue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Who knows who needs to get their act together, him or GMGM.

For all we know Semin could be banging at the door saying he wants 6m for a year and he can prove himself next year to be an even better free agent when he actually has a damn center.

All I know is, if GMGMs idea of replacing Semin is that some guy had the same amount of goals as him on the same damn team, GMGM is bat **** crazy.
I agree. Losing him is only OK if we replace him with another skilled foward. We also can't rely on Kuzzy coming over anymore sadly. However, I'd rather have him.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Ovechtrick89

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
I agree. Losing him is only OK if we replace him with another skilled foward. We also can't rely on Kuzzy coming over anymore sadly. However, I'd rather have him.
Exactly, ONLY if we replace him with someone equal or better is it worth it to let someone as talented as Semin go.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:36 PM
laleli

Quote:
Ryan Holmer ‏@RyanHolmerNHL

Just asked Alex Semins' agent,Mark Gandler about interest and offers, & he responded by saying "I'm not talking until he signs". #Caps #NHL
Quote:
Ryan Holmer ‏@RyanHolmerNHL

But did inform me before that, that the #Capitals are still trying to resign him. #NHL

Old
07-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Ovechtrick89

In my mind Ovi gets the money he gets and deserves it, Backstrom is already underpaid as it is so there is no way Semin should demand more than the 6.7 that Nicky gets.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Dirtbag59

Now to complete the turn around all the Wild need is new jerseys. Seriously works every time.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:41 PM
exwhaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Fair enough. Honestly, I just don't buy that excuse from a franchise that extended Poti and his shredded groin, extended an ancient Kolzig, and drafted a player with five concussions in the first round. Honestly, I just think they're dumb. And it is that stupidity, not any plan or philosophy, that drives their decision making.
Well...Poti's groin wasn't shredded when he got his extension, Kolzig got a two-year extension in the middle of the rebuilding when he was 35 and posting a .910 save percentage with said rebuilding team, and I'm not sure which draftee you're referring to (it wasn't AnGus).

Old
07-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2012/2...l-u-n-d-system

Old
07-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Capathetic

Hate to lose Semin...but it would be hilarious when ovie steamrolls him.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Ovechtrick89

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
That made me chuckle, good stuff.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Ovechtrick89

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
GIF's galore if that happens.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:58 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
If he goes to the Penguins, Ovi is going to flying elbow him and I'll say Semin deserved it.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Devil Dancer

Seems like best case scenario for the Caps, outside of actually landing one of them. Both go to a crappy franchise in the Western Conference, maybe never to be heard from again.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:49 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Delude yourself
And a few others
Send links across multiple forums
Try to pimp them as reliable
Act as if they are not your fake twitter accounts
Retire your current HF account name
Yet try again under a new username

Old
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwhaler View Post
Well...Poti's groin wasn't shredded when he got his extension, Kolzig got a two-year extension in the middle of the rebuilding when he was 35 and posting a .910 save percentage with said rebuilding team, and I'm not sure which draftee you're referring to (it wasn't AnGus).
to be factual, poti's groin was never shredded. his groin was fully healed when he signed the extension, however, the actual injury and cause for the groin trouble had not been correctly diagnosed yet.

if you hadnt heard, poti fractured his pelvis at somepoint in his career and it was never diagnosed or treated. it healed on its own improperly and the change geometry started to stress that groin muscle. this is why it cant be repaired.

so, yes. his groin muscle was at 100% strenth when he signed the new contract and yes, he was also not healthy. it broke down again as soon as he tried to play more than a couple games in a week.

edit: i dont see a lot of whining and crying about mcphee missing the boat on suter or parise. does that mean that the 13 year contracts and the tandem signing with a non playoff team that is home for one shows that the caps couldnt have signed either of them regardless? thats sort of how it appears to me.

Last edited by txpd: 07-04-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old
07-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
to be factual, poti's groin was never shredded. his groin was fully healed when he signed the extension, however, the actual injury and cause for the groin trouble had not been correctly diagnosed yet.

if you hadnt heard, poti fractured his pelvis at somepoint in his career and it was never diagnosed or treated. it healed on its own improperly and the change geometry started to stress that groin muscle. this is why it cant be repaired.

so, yes. his groin muscle was at 100% strenth when he signed the new contract and yes, he was also not healthy. it broke down again as soon as he tried to play more than a couple games in a week.

edit: i dont see a lot of whining and crying about mcphee missing the boat on suter or parise. does that mean that the 13 year contracts and the tandem signing with a non playoff team that is home for one shows that the caps couldnt have signed either of them regardless? thats sort of how it appears to me.
Suter told Lou that he wasn't coming to the east that and the fact that parise told Lou that it was NJ or Minnesota and I feel like there was 0 chance they were coming here so im pretty calm about it myself I more worried about what happens now that those guys are gone what happens with the rest of the players as I feel like now were finally going to see what he's thinking GMGM that is

Old
07-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Halpysback

The most entertaining thing to me is the huge reversal Devils fans have had on Semin. They were some of the first to crap on him, probably more because he was a Parise comparable and it was a my player > your player thing (don't really blame them). Now they seem to embrace the idea that Semin could do 80% of what Parise did for them while having a better shot/better passing/ability to set up Kovalchuk.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
I know im pretty much alone on this but, and I do like Suter, but....just not sure I give him 13 years.

On one hand its very possible he is a good player for 13 years.....but I just dont see him as a difference maker. I've always just thought of him as a very good player but not great.
Also I think it is kind of hard to project what kind of player Suter will be without Weber next to him all the time and visa versa also.

I mean like it or not those two have been partners in all situations for a long time and who knows how not having the other for a safety net will effect their games? Gilbert or whoever plays next to Suter next season is no Weber and it will be interesting to see what kind of player Suter proves to be with a much lesser player next to him all the time.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
I wonder what percentage of posters here would want Semin, even desperately want him, right now if he were another team's UFA. Keep in mind that people here didn't want Radulov, for example, because of their perceptions of the Capitals' experience with Semin, which wouldn't exist in this scenario.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
I wonder what percentage of posters here would want Semin, even desperately want him, right now if he were another team's UFA. Keep in mind that people here didn't want Radulov, for example, because of their perceptions of the Capitals' experience with Semin, which wouldn't exist in this scenario.
Well, we like Mueller, want to give up legitimate assets for Perron and Ryder, and think Carter is the **** , so...

Old
07-04-2012, 03:42 PM
tycoonheart

Pens fans want Semin.

Devils fans want Semin.

Detroit fans want Semin.

Seems like its just our fans that don't want him.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:45 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Pens fans want Semin.

Devils fans want Semin.

Detroit fans want Semin.

Seems like its just our fans that don't want him.
No one wants semin

Old
07-04-2012, 04:06 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
there's no whining because anyone with any sort I intelligence could tell you there's no way GMGM was gonna pay anywhere near the asking price. So yes everyone wanted them but there's no use *****ing about something that was never going to happen

Old
07-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
No one wants semin
You don't know what you're talking about.

Old
07-04-2012, 04:20 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
there's no whining because anyone with any sort I intelligence could tell you there's no way GMGM was gonna pay anywhere near the asking price. So yes everyone wanted them but there's no use *****ing about something that was never going to happen
so...you are suggesting that there was a contract that mcphee could have offered either of those players, who were talking to each other about their choice, would have signed?

@halpy: those reversals are entertaining. if semin is locked at loaded with his next team and a force, then you will likely see much the same sort of 180 around here from those that said they wanted him gone....just gone. just wait

Closed Thread