HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part XI - Does Zajac have any boyhood friends we need to sign?

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Reading through other boards Free Agent Frency GDTs... reading Parise is a top 5-10 player and is worth way more than Ryan. Reading Parise's contract is better than Kovalchuk cause Kovalchuk is already past his prime. Parise is only behind Sid and Toews. Devils are now Atlanta. Parise 80p+ player.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:07 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nieds work ethic View Post
The bolded part is what shocks me the most. He never ****ing cared at all. He just wanted to crawl into a comfort zone and enjoy mediocre results playing with Suter. The winning part was never that important to him. **** him, he's a hypocrite for the ages.
That shocked me too, a hundred times more than Zach actually leaving. Even if he thought our situation was unstable, he had a million other contenders throwing money at him but nope, he went for the money and got stars in his eyes from people telling him he and Suter could lead a Wild resurgence.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Parise won't be remembered here in years from now. Biggest distinction is he was the second captain to take this team to the Finals. Yes he was a big part of our Cup run, but people will just look at numbers.

One goal in the Finals which was caused by a misplay from Jonathan Quick. Two empty net goals, scored a goal in one of our worst games in playoff history where we blew a 3 goal lead in less than a period, and lost 4-3. Scored a Ryan Carter type garbage goal in game 4 against Florida. Scored one of the weakest goals ever on Bryz that he should have had. Had a horrible plus minus for the two way master he supposed is. Only big goal of the playoffs he was on the ice for was the game 6 Zajac OT goal which tied up the Florida series. Had nothing to do with either of the series clinching OT goals.

Had one more non empty net goal than Ryan Carter a 4th liner, and had one more point than non offensive defenseman Bryce Salvador. Nice ****in legacy *******.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:09 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

"You're not going to find a Ryan Suter out there," said Shero. "He's available as a free agent and a lot of teams were after him. We like our defense the way it is."

GM Ray Shero confident in Penguins after missing out on Parise

I know people say a lot of ******** to the media, but I really hope he means that.
Really, really hope he does.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:10 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Concept View Post
Parise as a 21 year old 81-14-18-32 -1 2005-2006 season 5-11 185 lb. shoots left
Tedenby as a 21 year old 58-8-14-22 +3 2010-2011 season 5-10 175 lb. shoots left

but last year Tedenby declined greatly.
Tedenby is not 5'10". Probably more like 5'8"

Old
07-04-2012, 05:11 PM
KohoDonuts88

So, Suter tells Poile in November he's staying in Nashville. Parise tells everyone his first choice is to stay in NJ and tells fans "don't worry". And apparently they're planning this all season?

All for the right to go wherever you want. But man up, and don't ******** your team, teammates and fans.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Derek Joslin to Van

Old
07-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

I want Fedotenko.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Let's not forget the talks with his fiance who was really Suter all along. What a deceitful *******. I said it on July 1st just sever ties. We could have had Hudler, or Parenteau. I disagree that $16 million over 4 years was bad for them. Who knows they could have taken a little less just to come play for us. Instead they signed with POS garbage teams just like the one Parise just signed with. Speaking of those teams that's the only thing the Wild have going for them. They play in the worst division in the West where Vancouver rules, and pretty much everyone else sucks, and goes nowhere. Worst division in hockey.

Old
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
I want Fedotenko.
Elias would retire

Old
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I want Fedotenko.
To complete the cycle?

Old
07-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Team Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Devil View Post
I got that Hockeydb.com

Old
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

We need more Ukraine on the third line since Poni left.

Old
britdevil
Tea with milk...

**** Zach Parise.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:17 PM
CerebralGenesis

Lou needs to fill the void. I agree there.

But you had to at least seen this possibility a year ago when Zach took 1 year. From there the rest was lip service.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:18 PM
hockeyr5

Quote:
I want Fedotenko.
no way

Old
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN

G Al Montoya moves on from Isles, headed to Winnipeg on one-year deal worth $601k

$601? Why must you do that? #ocd

Old
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Reading through other boards Free Agent Frency GDTs... reading Parise is a top 5-10 player and is worth way more than Ryan. Reading Parise's contract is better than Kovalchuk cause Kovalchuk is already past his prime. Parise is only behind Sid and Toews. Devils are now Atlanta. Parise 80p+ player.

That's stupid. Just really stupid. Kovy is a year older than Parise. What the hell are they thinking? Parise's contract is the worst contract going right now. It's tied with the identical one they gave to the other clown who went with him. I hope decibel levels are broken in Newark on November 11th.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:19 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

I expected us to sign someone today, but maybe it's a good thing Lou hasn't yet. It's not good to react on emotions like we all are today. Take things into perspective and look over all possible options. I do think Semin here is a good option, and if you can get a winger for Tallinder plus a pick or something of that nature, pull the trigger. Bring back Sykora for cheap, and you're all set.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Devil View Post
5ft9 at least. I stood next to him.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post

But you had to at least seen this possibility a year ago when Zach took 1 year. From there the rest was lip service.
I knew it the whole time. All the guy did was lie to us the last year. Lied to the fans who sat out in the rain begging him to come back, lied to his teammates. Either that or they were covering up for him. Guys a tool. Say what you want about Marty's contract. He could have went, and signed with Chicago for $5 million a year. Maybe even in Toronto for that too. For all the talk about his divorce, and alimony he sure has taken discounts to stay over the years.

Lou is not infallible. It's not like he can't do no wrong. I don't blame him though cause Parise knew what he was doing. I think Suter knew what he was doing too so I wouldn't blame Poile either. They weren't gonna play ball. They played their teams they left for fools. Now let's hope Trav is willing to play ball.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
And let's see what kind of player is 8 to 10 years from now. He'll go from 70 points a year to 50 and still be a 7.5mil cap hit. Good luck with all THAT.
Yep, he definitely won't be able to keep this up into his mid thirties like the Wild fans will expect. I don't expect him to be a P/G player next season, and I'm not convinced the Wild will be a playoff team.

Quote:
The bolded part is what shocks me the most. He never ****ing cared at all. He just wanted to crawl into a comfort zone and enjoy mediocre results playing with Suter. The winning part was never that important to him. **** him, he's a hypocrite for the ages.
He might be rationalising it to himself that he can be the foundation for a winner on his hometown team, but he threw away a better chance to do it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I said it on July 1st just sever ties. We could have had Hudler, or Parenteau. I disagree that $16 million over 4 years was bad for them.
This might be the most ridiculous thing I've heard all day, and I just heard Zach Parise tell me he's a loyal guy after walking away from this team.

Hudler and Parenteau are overpaid, and they aren't difference makers. I have no problem with the fact that we "missed out" on them.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Yep, he definitely won't be able to keep this up into his mid thirties like the Wild fans will expect. I don't expect him to be a P/G player next season, and I'm not convinced the Wild will be a playoff team.

He might be rationalising it to himself that he can be the foundation for a winner on his hometown team, but he threw away a better chance to do it here.

This might be the most ridiculous thing I've heard all day, and I just heard Zach Parise tell me he's a loyal guy after walking away from this team.

Hudler and Parenteau are overpaid, and they aren't difference makers. I have no problem with the fact that we "missed out" on them.
Yeah I don't get this one.

He JUST signed a 13 year deal with a new team. But, "hey, I'm a loyal person"(exact quotes) - Was he loyal by making us his runner up? Oh, well then, we should be happy for that.

Does he know what loyal means?

Old
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

I guess it didn't take long for the "he'd be a better player without the Devils" argument to begin.

The thing is, he's a great player, he's a beast on the forecheck and he goes hard along the boards. Yeah his shot's not that good, but he can make good things happen for his linemates.

Now here's the thing..

He's not going to a forechecking team.
He's not going to a team that's worried about possession.
He's not getting better, or even equal, linemates, he's getting a downgrade
He's going to a conference with much better goaltending
He's going to a conference with tighter defense and less goal scoring

It seems like his numbers will definitely take a hit.
But, hey, he gets to play Calgary & Edmonton a combined 12 times a year... so there's that, at least.

Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post

That quote about this "being the ideal situation for me" is really haunting now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
I expected us to sign someone today, but maybe it's a good thing Lou hasn't yet. It's not good to react on emotions like we all are today. Take things into perspective and look over all possible options. I do think Semin here is a good option, and if you can get a winger for Tallinder plus a pick or something of that nature, pull the trigger. Bring back Sykora for cheap, and you're all set.
I agree. No knee jerk signings. They are invariably mistakes.

Closed Thread