HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MTL/DET - Markov

Old
07-04-2012, 04:18 PM
golffuul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
Detroit doesn't have the assets. the only two players they have worth anything are both on the decline.
That's interesting, because Detroit is seen as THE organization that has a plethora of top prospects/assets at every position. Highly coveted ones, to boot.

golffuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:21 PM
chuck1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
So according to your superlogic, Sidney Crosby has roughly 60 games.

To Habs:

Sidney Crosby

To Pittsburgh:

Conditional 3rd.

Do it Shero/Bergy!
LOL OWNED!

chuck1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by golffuul View Post
That's interesting, because Detroit is seen as THE organization that has a plethora of top prospects/assets at every position. Highly coveted ones, to boot.
Really? name one that's not a bust... or someone who's playing in the NHL who is any good at all.

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by golffuul View Post
They have enough assets to get Markov.

Ouellet and a forward prospect (Detroit gets to protect 4) would be a deal I'd consider.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post

Like I said, conditional 7th on the condition that he plays 75 games. That's an overpayment because that 7th could actually play hockey in the future.
So if Markov plays 75 games next year he's worth a 7th? I don't know if you understand how conditional contracts work...

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
They have enough assets to get Markov.

Ouellet and a forward prospect (Detroit gets to protect 4) would be a deal I'd consider.
since when will prospects be enough to ditch our best D?

Old
07-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
So if Markov plays 75 games next year he's worth a 7th? I don't know if you understand how conditional contracts work...
... but he's got trolling down to a T.

Old
07-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
since when will prospects be enough to ditch our best D?
Since the players we had decided to finished 15th in the East.

Old
07-04-2012, 04:43 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Jarnkrok, Kindl or Oulette and a pick.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Jarnkrok, Kindl or Oulette and a pick.
honestly, if we were trading Markov to Det, I'd really like to get Kindl. He would be a top 4 on this team and log huge minutes.

But nothing like that would ever happen, there's actually a better chance of eklund getting a trade right...before it happened

Halifaxhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Wow, those are some asking prices. Visnovsky, due to age, one weak offensive year, and some injury concern, fetched a 2nd round pick on the actual market. A agree that Markov was a better player four, probably three years ago, and hell, he might even be today, but all things considered, I really don't see him returning significantly more right now.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
This deal only happens at the deadline, if at all. Markov needs to show not only can he stay healthy but that his game has not deteriorated.
This would be the other concern I would think. Even if he stays healthy he's missed so much hockey the last few years you gotta wonder if he'll be able to have the same impact. Unless you're a gambler it's probably in everyone's best interest to let Markov play 20 games before deciding on trading him or not.

RandV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Since the players we had decided to finished 15th in the East.
the players we had decided to finish the year on the IR

Old
07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
So according to your superlogic, Sidney Crosby has roughly 60 games.

To Habs:

Sidney Crosby

To Pittsburgh:

Conditional 3rd.

Do it Shero/Bergy!
Because Crosby is a 33 year old defenseman that shredded his knee? Most teams wouldn't have traded for Crosby when he had his concussion problems. A concussion also isn't something that can seriously hinder your ability to skate.

Guess what, Crosby is back and doctors have fully cleared him. On top of that he came back playing at just about the level he is expected to and he and the doctors have said the concussions are behind him, so while I applaud you for trying... not quite the same thing.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:27 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
I don't think you understand how badly I don't want Markov on the Red Wings. Since we would have to give something up, it would be a 7th and if he didn't play 75 games we get it back.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
I don't think you understand how badly I don't want Markov on the Red Wings. Since we would have to give something up, it would be a 7th and if he didn't play 75 games we get it back.
that's kinda lowballing for someone who'd be your best player

Old
07-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
A concussion also isn't something that can seriously hinder your ability to skate.
Mmmm... who's embarrassing who here? So why don't concussed players keep skating then?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Punkeater

Markov value is at an all time low for the Habs. You don't trade players with low trade value and big upside like Markov. Let him play with the Habs next season. Let's see if his knee fully recovered and if he's back to his old form. Then, if Bergevin wants to trade him, he might just do it at the trade deadline if Montreal is "mathematically eliminated" by then.

To trade Markov right now would be a great mistake for Montreal.

Punkeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Adam Spylo

Quote:
A concussion also isn't something that can seriously hinder your ability to skate.
Yeah you also can drink and drive.75 games of Markov only worth a 7th rounder? Habs would get better offer by at least 15 teams for an injured Markov.

Adam Spylo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:15 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
that's kinda lowballing for someone who'd be your best player
... Might have forgotten the there pal. Markov is imo equal to Kronwall in terms of ability/Contribution to the team. So what would I give up for Kronwall? Kindl/Quincey+top prospect+1st, Markov has less term so take out the first & unfortunately has been injured way to much the past 3 years so he loses value. The final nail in the coffin is with Detroit's defence in shambles we need a defenceman that we know for certain will be ready to go at the beginning of the year and we should give our assets to acquire players that will be ready to go.

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
... Might have forgotten the there pal. Markov is imo equal to Kronwall in terms of ability/Contribution to the team. So what would I give up for Kronwall? Kindl/Quincey+top prospect+1st, Markov has less term so take out the first & unfortunately has been injured way to much the past 3 years so he loses value. The final nail in the coffin is with Detroit's defence in shambles we need a defenceman that we know for certain will be ready to go at the beginning of the year and we should give our assets to acquire players that will be ready to go.
He's ready to go, the only question is for how long. However, I'd say it would take around a month for Markov to get fully into the swing of things again despite playing last season. First month he'll be bad.

The habs can either trade a potential top 10 dman in the league for well below his value and hope he craps out for the other team, or they can keep him and have a great defenseman and how he doesn't crap out.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

I guess simply saying "I don't want Markov" doesn't convey the subtle depths and colours of your sarcastic three-year old inner child angst.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:22 PM
MXD

Quote:
If he comes back like he was before... No, not really.

Or more like, no, really not.

This said, nobody can say how will he be in the next years.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:42 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
And Markov will never be in Norris consideration. It's funny that Habs fans say things like "I think I could settle for prospect x" and then lay some garbage like "If he wasn't hurt x would happen".

The man has played 65 games out of a possible 246 in the last three seasons. He was a good defenseman. Until he proves otherwise, no matter how good he still may be he has zero value until he proves (playing in Montreal) that he can remain healthy.

Like I said, conditional 7th on the condition that he plays 75 games. That's an overpayment because that 7th could actually play hockey in the future.

What does that even mean? Campoli or Barker can actually skate and remain somewhat healthy. They are worth more then Markov right now.

You've embarrassed yourself. 65 of 246 in the last three seasons. Call it whatever makes you feel better.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
nah rly, without lidstrom detroit is due for a top 5 pick

edit: suspect defense, badly aging top forwards (not that Datsyuk/Zetterberg are old.. they just aren't that great anymore), no can't miss prospects, and haven't had a decent goalie since.. Hasek? and none for a decade before that.