HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Stalberg situation

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 500
Of course it coincided with Toews being out of the lineup.

That was the POINT.

Wow. No, really... wow. How in god's name did you miss that.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Of course it coincided with Toews being out of the lineup.

That was the POINT.

Wow. No, really... wow. How in god's name did you miss that.
I know 19 is really special but some of the games you have him missing he scored 5 points and was +1.

POINT, SET, MATCH.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
I know 19 is really special but some of the games you have him missing he scored 5 points and was +1.

POINT, SET, MATCH.
Now, really, that is just silly. The internet isn't something you "win" and I thought you were older than that. :|

Stalberg has already produced a certain amount regardless of who he plays with due to the way he plays - that whole speed thing and the fact he will always look to shoot from everywhere. The fact he occasionally got a point or two doesn't change the general trend.

The fact is - and this is not an opinion whether Chris wants to believe it or not - when the Hawks needed people to step up to make up for Toews being out, Stalberg wasn't one who did. Like the playoffs, he didn't produced when the team was most depending on him to do so.

Insisting that the dates of Stalberg suddenly collapsing must EXACTLY match the dates that Toews was hurt is just silly, and rejected. Those 21 games exist whether you like it or not.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Now, really, that is just silly. The internet isn't something you "win" and I thought you were older than that. :|

Stalberg has already produced a certain amount regardless of who he plays with due to the way he plays - that whole speed thing and the fact he will always look to shoot from everywhere. The fact he occasionally got a point or two doesn't change the general trend.

The fact is - and this is not an opinion whether Chris wants to believe it or not - when the Hawks needed people to step up to make up for Toews being out, Stalberg wasn't one who did. Like the playoffs, he didn't produced when the team was most depending on him to do so.

Insisting that the dates of Stalberg suddenly collapsing must EXACTLY match the dates that Toews was hurt is just silly, and rejected. Those 21 games exist whether you like it or not.
That was your entire argument, how honeypot Jonny was carrying Stalberg. Man up to your position and admit is was incorrect (wrong is such an ugly word), it only hurts briefly like ripping off a Bandaid which is what your revisionist argument is.

(When Toews was out, VS did perform. Read the game logs.)

Old
07-03-2012, 06:16 PM
BobbyJet

Can we close this thread please, before Ike digs himself so deep and he can't get out.

A true Hawk fan should be concerned about the gaps on this team and leave his or her personal vendetta against any one player at home.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
That was your entire argument, how honeypot Jonny was carrying Stalberg. Man up to your position and admit is was incorrect
Why? It wasn't. 21 games, man. 3 points. Sorry.

If it wasn't because Toews out, maybe he just sucked when we needed him instead? Would you prefer that? Does that somehow make your argument better?

Old
07-03-2012, 06:25 PM
ClydeLee

If Toews is playing part of the bad stretch for Stalberg... it wasn't magically because Toews was out.. not hard to grasp.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Can we close this thread please, before Ike digs himself so deep and he can't get out.

A true Hawk fan should be concerned about the gaps on this team and leave his or her personal vendetta against any one player at home.
I agree, I'll leave Ike alone.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:30 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
I'll bet you probably had Beach penciled in for 50+ per year by now too.
no... I never had him penciled in to even make the Roster. I thought he would have been here last year - then there was this injury
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
... and continue to prop up players that have sucked in the NHL.
come back when Stalberg scores when it matters... in the POs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
Him and Sharp just had great chemistry. I really liked those two together.
they were really great together in the playoffs

Old
07-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
no... I never had him penciled in to even make the Roster. I thought he would have been here last year - then there was this injury

come back when Stalberg scores when it matters... in the POs

they were really great together in the playoffs
yeah, and who really was great for us in the playoffs? Our leading scorer had 2 goals.

Stalberg had more points than Hossa (who looked invisible until his injury) Sharp, Kruger, Keith and Brunette. You know, the guys who were supposed to make a big impact in the playoffs.

But Stalberg and his 800k cap hit are the problem. Because he only had 2 points while our leading scorer only had 4. (Kruger had 0, but you defend him to the death)

Old
07-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

More than 1/3 of his goals (8) were scored against Columbus. When teams that were better were against us, he didn't do a whole lot most nights. Which the last 21 games of the season showed. Regardless of who he is paired with. But his cap hit is great....which I get tired of hearing. I would love to hear he was good against good teams and in the playoffs......with a good cap hit.

I would love to be proven wrong with him but I don't se this upside. I appreciate what he did but he is not a top 6 player in my book. If we can trade him for a 2C or package him with Fro for that we should do it in a heartbeat.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:20 AM
BobbyJet

/\ He plays where Q asks him to play. He is an effective bottom 6 player and isn't bad when in the top 6 either. How many players on Hawks are versatile enough to play on all 4 lines?
Stan is the one that folks should be frustrated with, for his unwillingness or inability to acquire a 2nd line center or a gritty top 6 guy.

This thread just keeps going in circles, like all the others about VS and Kruger.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
More than 1/3 of his goals (8) were scored against Columbus. When teams that were better were against us, he didn't do a whole lot most nights. Which the last 21 games of the season showed. Regardless of who he is paired with. But his cap hit is great....which I get tired of hearing. I would love to hear he was good against good teams and in the playoffs......with a good cap hit.

I would love to be proven wrong with him but I don't se this upside. I appreciate what he did but he is not a top 6 player in my book. If we can trade him for a 2C or package him with Fro for that we should do it in a heartbeat.
Give me a call when they stop counting goals against certain teams.

Until then, 20+ goals is 20+ goals.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:03 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
/\ He plays where Q asks him to play. He is an effective bottom 6 player and isn't bad when in the top 6 either. How many players on Hawks are versatile enough to play on all 4 lines?
Stan is the one that folks should be frustrated with, for his unwillingness or inability to acquire a 2nd line center or a gritty top 6 guy.

This thread just keeps going in circles, like all the others about VS and Kruger.
This coaching staff has done a horrible job with Stalberg. If he ends ups somewhere else hopefully he will get a fair shake.

Stalberg will be in this league for a long time, Kruger will end up back in the SEL within 18 months - book it.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:10 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post

The Columbus thing is old. The entire Hawks roster loaded up points on non-playoff teams. I did the numbers in an earlier thread. Kane had the highest percentage against NPT, then Sharp, Toews, Hossa, ect.

Playoffs.... who was good this year? Kane? No, Sharp, No, Hossa, No, Keith, No, Hammer, No. These guys are making a few more dollars than Stalberg.

Let's not forget every single point was even strength.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
yeah, and who really was great for us in the playoffs? Our leading scorer had 2 goals.

Stalberg had more points than Hossa (who looked invisible until his injury) Sharp, Kruger, Keith and Brunette. You know, the guys who were supposed to make a big impact in the playoffs.

But Stalberg and his 800k cap hit are the problem. Because he only had 2 points while our leading scorer only had 4. (Kruger had 0, but you defend him to the death)
you thought Krüger & Bruno would make an impact in the POs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
The Columbus thing is old. The entire Hawks roster loaded up points on non-playoff teams. I did the numbers in an earlier thread. Kane had the highest percentage against NPT, then Sharp, Toews, Hossa, ect.

Playoffs.... who was good this year? Kane? No, Sharp, No, Hossa, No, Keith, No, Hammer, No. These guys are making a few more dollars than Stalberg.

Let's not forget every single point was even strength.
he still not worth 3+ million for us

Old
07-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Rexy

Quote:
I threw Kruger in there for your benifit. But as far as Bruno, isn't that why he was signed?

Ditto Morrison.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no, nobody expected anything from those guys in the POs after watching the season.

Stalberg & Sharp were the biggest disappointment with Q and Craw

Old
07-04-2012, 04:04 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
no, nobody expected anything from those guys in the POs after watching the season.

Stalberg & Sharp were the biggest disappointment with Q and Craw
You mention VS, Sharp and Q over Crawford, who single handedly lost us 2 PO games all by himself ... and you're idol was nowhere to be found, except on his arse most of the time.

Last edited by Sarava: 07-04-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: cleaned up
Old
07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:

he still not worth 3+ million for us
You need an education on what current FA's are singing for. This is no longer 2009.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Hawkaholic

Stalberg is not worth 3mil if the cap was 100mil.

Trade him and some prospects for a sure fire top 6 player, preferably a C.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:14 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Stalberg is not worth 3mil if the cap was 100mil.

Trade him and some prospects for a sure fire top 6 player, preferably a C.
If he goes 25/25 or better this year then what?

Old
07-04-2012, 06:16 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
If he goes 25/25 or better this year then what?
He won't so trade him while his stock is high, you cant teach someone to have hands, and He has bricks for hands. He had a really good year but i'm sorry time and time again especially in the playoffs he showed against top line defense he isnt good enough

Old
07-04-2012, 06:20 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
He won't so trade him while his stock is high, you cant teach someone to have hands, and He has bricks for hands. He had a really good year but i'm sorry time and time again especially in the playoffs he showed against top line defense he isnt good enough
second full season. Yea, I'll wait on trading the guy who put up 43 ES points until he shows he's not developing any more. He was worlds better last year than he was in 10-11, I'd like to see if he shows any more improvement this season before I ship him away, especially since he's making less than a mil. And his hands aren't nearly as ****** as you are claiming.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:29 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
second full season. Yea, I'll wait on trading the guy who put up 43 ES points until he shows he's not developing any more. He was worlds better last year than he was in 10-11, I'd like to see if he shows any more improvement this season before I ship him away, especially since he's making less than a mil. And his hands aren't nearly as ****** as you are claiming.
No no there is no arguing how bad his hands are, but i can respect the idea of maybe waiting around to see if he further develops. He generally didnt get PP time because he had no hands, and most of his scoring chance came from his ability to be so fast it caused issues not because he had the stick handling ability or passing ability to make plays.

Closed Thread