HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Stastny+ for Joe Colborne+

Old
07-04-2012, 05:06 PM
MastuhNinks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
we watch all the Avs games but we don't know how he's playing or his salary. Thank god for you RogerRoeper.
So it's only possible for Leafs fans to overvalue their players, right?

MastuhNinks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:07 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
So it's only possible for Leafs fans to overvalue their players, right?
Correct

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Of course because he's regressing. When people bring up Kulemin, they're not mentioning his 30 goal season from 2010-11', they're bringing up his 7 goal season from last season.

Statsny's numbers are dropping.
Because Kulemin had ONE 30 goals season? Stastny had FOUR points per game season. Why isn't Cheechoo in the NHL anymore? Because he's only scored 56 goals ONE ****ing time in his career.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:10 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Because Kulemin had ONE 30 goals season? Stastny had FOUR points per game season.
I'm sure if a Leaf player's numbers dropped 2 years in a row it would be a big issue.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
I'm sure if a Leaf player's numbers dropped 2 years in a row it would be a big issue.
Sure play the victim card Funny it's mostly Canadian fan's teams that do it.

Canucks - Waa everyone hates us.
Flames - Everyone thinks our signing are bad because we're the Flames
Oils - Everyone thinks Yakupov could bust and Schultz is a ***** because we got them.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:13 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 157
Quote:
LOL at people saying Colorado gets ripped-off. Has anyone seen Statsny's play lately and his salary? He's not a #1 centre. He's overpaid.
Ok, we'll keep our overpaid center then instead of trading him for scraps.

JWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:14 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Ok, we'll keep our overpaid center then instead of trading him for scraps.
Yup. All our players are "Scraps" aren't they?

Old
07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Sure play the victim card Funny it's mostly Canadian fan's teams that do it.

Canucks - Waa everyone hates us.
Flames - Everyone thinks our signing are bad because we're the Flames
Oils - Everyone thinks Yakupov could bust and Schultz is a ***** because we got them.
Yeah, silly Leaf fans. Everyone loves us.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
I dunno. From a Rangers fan POV looking at it through leafs eyes, I wouldn't trade Kessel for Stastny straight up. Thats taking it a bit far. Gardiner would be the more likely, although I dunno if I even make that deal if I am the leafs. Stastny has had two very pedestrian years for as much as he is paid.

Curios though... what would it take from the Rangers? And don't say Stepan because he had 2 less than points than Stastny at about 1/8th of the contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=882289

Liles for Leafs 1st in 2012 and Aulie

BONUS: After Leafs fans laugh at the proposal, The guy who made it complains about Leafs fans always offering scaps, and cites Stastny proposals as an example
Yup it was a bad trade and I don't know too many Avs fans happy with the return...but Bryan Burke once traded us a 2nd round pick for George Parros, a player we had picked up on waivers 2 weeks prior, so I guess we owed him one.

I have no control over what the GM of my favourite team does, I only call them as I see 'em.

Big congrats on turning Keith Aulie into Crapper Ashton though. That's going to end up looking like Raycroft - Rask Part II in a couple of years.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:16 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Colborne, Kulemin, and MacArthuer aren't scraps?

Old
07-04-2012, 05:17 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
No but when compared to Stastny then they are.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:20 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
uh, no they aren't.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:21 PM
HappyGilmourr

I agree that this proposal is horrendous...

How about something with Lupul + going the other way? Lupul is big, can score and can create space in a top 6 role. He scored at a PPG last year but his value isn't as high as a PPG guy because he hasn't been consistent through out his career. At the very least The Avs would be receiving a big top 6 forward with size and skill. Would hate to give him up especially after how good he was but I would do it for a position of need.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:23 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post

How about something with Lupul + going the other way? Lupul is big, can score and can create space in a top 6 role. He scored at a PPG last year but his value isn't as high as a PPG guy because he hasn't been consistent through out his career. At the very least The Avs would be receiving a big top 6 forward with size and skill. Would hate to give him up especially after how good he was but I would do it for a position of need.
I don't mind Lupul, but I don't think it'll work considering his history of injuries.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
No but when compared to Stastny then they are.
To be fair, I think Kulemin is still young and has some upside. I don't think MacArthur has as much value though but I wouldn't consider him scraps either.

Colbourne is still a prospect for now.

As has been mentioned, this does nothing for the Avs, so I'm guessing they would pass.

It's not the cumulative value, it's that it doesn't address a need.

We're not the flames, we don't need 16 wingers at forward on our team.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
the asking price on Stastny is Bozak, Komisarek, and a 4th. If you Leafs fans don't want to give up that package fine, but this is the asking price and not a penny less. We need established top-line talent coming back, not scrubs and salary dumps and mid picks.
Is this a joke????

Komisarek and Bozak are garbage.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:27 PM
RogerRoeper*

"Scraps" are 4th liners no one wants. Kulemin is 25, is a year removed from a 30 goal season, can hit and plays great defense.

Macarthur is a year removed from 61 points (more than Stastny's had in 3 years).

Colburne is a first round pick with nice potential. These are the definitions of scraps at all.

But then again, I'm talking to a crowd that always undervalues Leaf players, so what can I expect?

Old
07-04-2012, 05:28 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post

Nah. Lupul plays off Kessel. Kessels the sniper. Lupul dishes.

We need the sniper.

We ve got enough "Lupuls" and lack the "Kessels"

And at RogerRoeper: It is never the Avs fans wanting to trade Stastny to TOR. We are kind of happy with having our 3 centers. And Stastny was on equal footing with Kopitar for example only 2 years ago. We don't know what happened besides him having terrible linemates but we believe he can bounce back to an extent. We are certainly not trading him for "scraps".

Scraps in this context are second tier pieces. If we trade a first tier asset like Stastny we better get some back.

Kulemin is maybe a 2nd tier asset.

Colbourne at best a 3rd tier asset.

And no we don't need quantity. We need quality.

I repeat. The only players of interest we would maybe consider for Stastny from Toronto in a trade are Gardiner, maybe Reilly ( don't really want prospects) and Kessel.

If you are not offering up one of them you can just stop and do us all a favor and not open up a thread.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:29 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
"Scraps" are 4th liners no one wants. Kulemin is 25, is a year removed from a 30 goal season, can hit and plays great defense.

Macarthur is a year removed from 61 points (more than Stastny's had in 3 years).

Colburne is a first round pick with nice potential. These are the definitions of scraps at all.

But then again, I'm talking to a crowd that always undervalues Leaf players, so what can I expect?
Fine, they're aren't scraps. I undervalued them, did I make your day a little better?

Old
07-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Boondock

Can any Leafs fans explain to me why Colorado would want to trade Stastny? He is a young top 6 Center in a league where winners are built with depth down the middle. The Avs are not in any sort of cap trouble, so cap relief isn't a good enough reason. The only reason I could see would be to fill a hole in their roster. If that is the case, the only real holes I see for Colorado is a top pairing D to play with EJ and a top line winger. Unless the Avs get one of those things there is absolutely no reason to move Stastny. A collection of lesser pieces won't improve the Avs at all. How would 2, 2nd/3rd line wingers improve the Avs at the expense of their 1st line Center?

The Leafs have a surplus of offensive D, would Leafs fans be okay with

Phaneuf for SOB, Tyson Barrie, and a 2nd?

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Sad Leafs fan

vCash: 1807
Don't worry Leafs fans but seeing Parise has set a precedent we can see Stamkos, Tavares and others coming home to help the TML gain respectability.

Be patient.

2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:59 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
"Stastny has been terrible his last 2 seasons, he is not a #1 center, is overpaid for what he contributes, and he will just leave the Avs in 2 years anyways. Ignore the seasons where he scored 78, 71, 79 points because he will never reach that level again"

then

"Kulemin is a 30 goal scorer, ignore that whole entire last season where he **** the bed and scored 7 total goals"
LOL. I actually went out of my way to point out Kulemin's 7 goal season and how no one cares he scored 30 two years ago.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Drij

Quote:
Yes, yes they are.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
I like Kulemin, but I like Stastny more. Physical wingers isn't a big need with Downie, McGinn and Landeskog.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Boondock

Quote:

You sort of have to wonder why that is.....hmmm....lets look at a few former Leaf players who where highly touted by the masses of Leafs fans. Kaberle - yeah, not so good, Stajan - turned into a real good 4th line C, Poni - at least he has size, Antropov - has a cool robot sounding name, Raycroft - oh yeah you guys traded for him, nevermind , Wellwood - I guess he's better then Hagman, Hagman - almost as good as Wellwood.

So you may need to cut the poster some slack who think Leafs players automatically get bumped up a level by a large vocal fan base.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote