HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VI: The Nick Rash edition (Fedotenko signs w/ Philly)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
  #51
NJRangers35
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
I don't think we are going to end up with Nash and it is a shame. Every player seems to be untouchable. The only good news is the only big team to have added anything so far this offseason were the Canucks with Garrison. I just think if we end up not getting Nash we are in for a disappointing season.

NJRangers35 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:26 PM
  #52
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRangers35 View Post
I don't think we are going to end up with Nash and it is a shame. Every player seems to be untouchable. The only good news is the only big team to have added anything so far this offseason were the Canucks with Garrison. I just think if we end up not getting Nash we are in for a disappointing season.
This board is so bipolar it's ridiculous.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:26 PM
  #53
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,500
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRangers35 View Post
I don't think we are going to end up with Nash and it is a shame. Every player seems to be untouchable.
I don't think Sather's untouchable list is as far-reaching as the collective list of this forum.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:27 PM
  #54
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
I think signing Nash will cost us half of our core in the next 2-3 years.

I'm not on board.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:31 PM
  #55
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,500
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I think signing Nash will cost us half of our core in the next 2-3 years.

I'm not on board.
That's a conservative estimate. I've heard anywhere from 65-80%.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:34 PM
  #56
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRangers35 View Post
I don't think we are going to end up with Nash and it is a shame. Every player seems to be untouchable. The only good news is the only big team to have added anything so far this offseason were the Canucks with Garrison. I just think if we end up not getting Nash we are in for a disappointing season.
The season is 100 days away. And then when it starts we still have nearly 5 months to make trades. If we don't get Nash we'll still have all the assets we would have traded for him...some/all of which can still be used to get someone else. Patience.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:34 PM
  #57
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,111
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
That's a conservative estimate. I've heard anywhere from 65-80%.
It's easily 99-100% and all future draft picks the organization has will need to be auctioned off to pay our 4 man roster.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:37 PM
  #58
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I think signing Nash will cost us half of our core in the next 2-3 years.

I'm not on board.
Thats so extreme and sensationalistic. Half? Its a big contract but half? Gaborik is gone in two years. Thats Nash's contract. Potential and cheap replacements for Staal and Girardi are knocking on the door now.

Our players are mediocre but they're all going to need superstar contracts. We need elite talent piped in but our supposed also rans will run away in droves because of their bank breaking demands.

Which is it? They can't be mid level talent AND getting huge deals. If they're that good, we don't need help.

DutchShamrock is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:37 PM
  #59
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,480
vCash: 500
I was all for Nash.

Then he scored 59 points.

Guy is NOT worth losing MDZ over.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:38 PM
  #60
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,333
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quite honestly, I'd rather take a gamble on signing Doan or Semin instead of trading for Nash.

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:41 PM
  #61
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,500
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I was all for Nash.

Then he scored 59 points.

Guy is NOT worth losing MDZ over.
Don't think Columbus wants him back.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:42 PM
  #62
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,111
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Don't think Columbus wants him back.
Almost think Torts doesn't want him back but that's another thread.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:43 PM
  #63
LordsCup*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Don't think Columbus wants him back.
Nash doesnt want to be there, and they dont want him. Howsen is a moron. He should move him and focus on fixing that mess of a team.

LordsCup* is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:45 PM
  #64
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,209
vCash: 500
Nash would instantly be the most talented forward on our roster. Getting him, in my opinion, would put us ovEr the top for Cup contention as long as the roster pieces are some combination of Dubi/AA/Hagelin.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:46 PM
  #65
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Thats so extreme and sensationalistic. Half? Its a big contract but half? Gaborik is gone in two years. Thats Nash's contract. Potential and cheap replacements for Staal and Girardi are knocking on the door now.

Our players are mediocre but they're all going to need superstar contracts. We need elite talent piped in but our supposed also rans will run away in droves because of their bank breaking demands.

Which is it? They can't be mid level talent AND getting huge deals. If they're that good, we don't need help.
Cheap replacements for Girardi and Staal? Are you out of your mind? Staal is already on an absolute steal of a contract, but that won't last long. Mac and DZ are good, but you're talking about replacing 2 top pairing, elite defensive defensemen.

Our players are mediocre? 1 point off of the presidents trophy and the ECF is mediocre apparently.

Rick Nash gets elite money that he doesn't earn. Sure, we could get him, but how much longer is he good for, how many players are we going to not be able to sign because of him, and what are we going to do when we do?

Nash is the type of player a the Rangers from a decade ago would get. I'm really hoping we learned that lesson.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:47 PM
  #66
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Quite honestly, I'd rather take a gamble on signing Doan or Semin instead of trading for Nash.
I'd love to get Doan here. Not as sold on Semin, though if Torts can do with him what he did with Gaborik, it could be brilliant.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:49 PM
  #67
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Nash would instantly be the most talented forward on our roster. Getting him, in my opinion, would put us ovEr the top for Cup contention as long as the roster pieces are some combination of Dubi/AA/Hagelin.
I don't see Nash as being as good as Richards or Gaborik.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:50 PM
  #68
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,500
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
He should move him and focus on fixing that mess of a team.
I suspect he is trying to do just that.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:50 PM
  #69
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,333
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I'd love to get Doan here. Not as sold on Semin, though if Torts can do with him what he did with Gaborik, it could be brilliant.
I feel like the worst that could happen with Semin, is he doesn't produce and he's benched. I don't think Torts will let anything happen to the locker room chemistry based on one guy. If it doesn't work out, maybe it will only cost us financially.

BlueShirts88 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  #70
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Quite honestly, I'd rather take a gamble on signing Doan or Semin instead of trading for Nash.
I'm warming up to this idea.

Riverdale is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  #71
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I don't see Nash as being as good as Richards or Gaborik.
I respectfully disagree. Neither Richards or Gaborik can take over a game on their own. Nash can.

HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:53 PM
  #72
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,242
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I don't see Nash as being as good as Richards or Gaborik.
He's certainly in the same category of player in terms of skill. It could go either way, obviously, but in my opinion Nash will do well here and even if he doesn't score 40 goals every year, he's at least good for 30-35. A big body and a solid hockey player. If the right pieces are moved to bring him in it could be a great day for the New York Rangers.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:56 PM
  #73
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,500
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I feel like the worst that could happen with Semin, is he doesn't produce and he's benched. I don't think Torts will let anything happen to the locker room chemistry based on one guy. If it doesn't work out, maybe it will only cost us financially.
You say that pretty dismissively. Spending $6 million in cap space on a guy that doesn't produce would be disastrous IMO.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:58 PM
  #74
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I respectfully disagree. Neither Richards or Gaborik can take over a game on their own. Nash can.
I agree. Nash is a legitimate game breaker.

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:58 PM
  #75
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
He's certainly in the same category of player in terms of skill. It could go either way, obviously, but in my opinion Nash will do well here and even if he doesn't score 40 goals every year, he's at least good for 30-35. A big body and a solid hockey player. If the right pieces are moved to bring him in it could be a great day for the New York Rangers.
I agree and concede that he's in their category, or tier. He's a power forward type, so his ability to take over a shift is more noticeable and pronounced than the playmaker and sniper. He's a very, very good player.

I worry over A) what it will cost to get him, and B) what it will cost to keep him on the cap.

I think we'd be better of going after Ryan (so long as Stepan isn't going the other way), or hitting up Doan.

Callagraves is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.