HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rupp and the hate

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Or maybe it's because he was overpaid and, besides beating up Kopecky and scoring in the WC, did nothing all season.

Beating up Kopecky is why he's there. That's what a real enforcer is for. Making some ******* that cheap shots your teammate regret it.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:58 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
follow the team man
JAM not a Ranger he is a whale and not under contract..
Newbury sucks
Zuc was injuried 98% of the season
Wellman maybe be not to the 4th line and no grit at all...
Come on bro you have all the answers but you got the wrong questions.
Also Zuc sucks and couldn't play in the NHL successfully even w/o injury, IMO.

Nothing vs. Rupp, like him up to a point, not married to the guy, whether he stays or goes is what is the effectiveness/cost of his replacement vs. possible upside in trade.

I think we can make a package deal including Rupp w/Oilers, but need few days to get that together for ya!

Happy 4th to all...

Old
07-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
You and Dagoon only like him because he fights. Isn't that all that matters here?

If the knee injury was the problem, fine. Heal up and play better next year. If he doesn't, then why should we keep him around? You guys always say we HAVE to have a heavyweight, but not one of the heavyweights that we've brought in has made a significant impact on this team. Rupp had his one moment in the sun at the winter classic, and after that, he was largely invisible.

Dubi had a down year and everyone is ready to ship him out. How come you aren't defending him? Oh, that's right, he's not a fighter.
Dubi is over paid and cares only about his money,, i loved the kid and i personally know him.. he is all about the money and himself thats what turned me off to him

Old
07-04-2012, 12:59 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I like Rupp, and I hope he bounces back this season. Great locker room guy.

I think if Drury, Gomez, Redden, Boogaard, etc. weren't still fresh in our heads, most wouldn't get so sensitive about the slight overpayment for Rupp.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Dubi is over paid and cares only about his money,, i loved the kid and i personally know him.. he is all about the money and himself thats what turned me off to him
Dubinsky doesn't care all about the money. I'm sorry but people like you only want to see fights and if they beat someone up they're good, and if they don't they're bad piss me off. Rupp had 2 shining moments this year. 1.5M for a 4th liner getting older is overpayment;Dubinsky can put up 40-50 or more points in a year and forecheck strong. You're all ready to throw Dubi out. why? because he isnt a heavyweight fighter.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:23 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I just don't like how being upset with a player means your bashing him. Rupp is a nice guy and him vs. Philly on 24/7 was great stuff. However, you can't say he was good this year because he beat up Kopecky.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

Quote:
Quote:
I am so sick of most of you bashing Mike Rupp. The guy would never tell you this nor did any of the Rangers media mention this but his knee never healed properly after the surgery. He was is in constant pain and needed a second operation which would have ended his season.. He didn't have it in order to keep playing.. The guy gave his all to not one leave the team and two to protect his teammates.. Rupp is a good friend to me and i am sick of the needless he sucks trade him talk.. The guy is a perfect 4th liner in todays NHL...
You're pretty famous aren't you? Are you somehow involved in the NHL?

Old
07-04-2012, 02:26 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
I agree.

Some fans just need a whipping boy. Rupp was this past year's.
Lol what?

No he wasn't. Not even close.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:34 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Rupp deserves some criticism.

Everyone plays hurt, and its appreciated.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 07-04-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old
07-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Quote:
You'll give Rupp a free pass because he was hurt but in this thread , http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...999&highlight=, you call Marc Staal out and even want him traded because he wasn't playing like his old self after he came back? You'll call out other injured players who weren't half as bad as Rupp, but nobody can say anything about Rupp who you have a man crush on for going to your restaurant.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:25 PM
BrianLeetch2

vCash: 803
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
Winning the Winter Classic and hitting fatso in the chest was worth the money.

I like Rupp.
I agree. Plus his entertainment level on 24/7 was well worth it . all kidding aside i like rupp and expect a better season from him.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:39 PM
vstk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sauer View Post
nobody can say anything about Rupp who you have a man crush on for going to your restaurant.
Enjoyed this.

Rupp played poorly. That's a fact. Hopefully he can bounce back and heal (if he was actually injured) during off season. If not, that's a hefty paycheck for a guy who showed up for 2 games last season.

Old
07-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Dhockey16

I still can't understand how he was a top 10 pick way back when haha. He's a tremendous person, though. He spends a lot of his offseason back in Erie, PA where he played junior. Always more than willing to jump in the pickup game with me and my buddies, wish him the best of luck...even if he is a bit overpaid

Old
07-04-2012, 04:29 PM
LordsCup*

Guy was brutal this season. Injuries or not.

But, he made my trip out to philly for the WC all worth it so he got a full year pass from me.

Old
07-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
I'm sure he's a nice guy off the ice, but he is not a good hockey player.

Old
07-04-2012, 04:38 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Generally I'll go along with you on Rupp...but this bit about Dubinsky is ridiculous. In one sentence--you call him a kid--say you love him and tell all of us he's selfish. Seems you're a bit conflicted.

Old
07-04-2012, 04:48 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Generally I'll go along with you on Rupp...but this bit about Dubinsky is ridiculous. In one sentence--you call him a kid--say you love him and tell all of us he's selfish. Seems you're a bit conflicted.
he said he "loved" him...sounds like he used to "love" him, before he was all about the money. lol

Old
07-04-2012, 04:50 PM
egelband

i think rupp will impress next season. healthy. motivated.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:04 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
he said he "loved" him...sounds like he used to "love" him, before he was all about the money. lol
I took that part of the statement at face value. I'm not trying to draw innuendoes out of it. I don't always agree with Dagoon but I respect him as a good poster like most of the people here. He likes fighters and I like fighters but I want to win too--teams need to have a good mix and any team these days needs a couple guys who can protect teammates.

I don't get the comments about Dubinsky though. I've seen him stick up for teammates on several occasions even taking a couple of real whippings for it. He's a good player and a player that grinds. He did not have a very good last year production wise and after scoring a respectable contract. I understand why some people are disgruntled with him. But they were disgruntled with Gaborik last year and then he busts out for another 40 goal year. Now he's a favorite again. No problem with him being a favorite--just that the nature of being a fan is often being fickle.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Dagoon44

OK first off to the guy who said i have a man crush for coming to my bar. Shut up man..don't make stuff personal when it is about Hockey.. Rupp is a solid nhl 4th liner and plays hard.. Did he stink this year yes he did,, He tried hard and fought to make himself useful and I like that.. Yes we are friends and yea i favor him for being great to me and my kids.. So what guys he plays hard

Dubi was and is a nice guy that I feel values his pockets more then winning.. He fights for sure( not good by the way) and big time teammate but he... Don't pull the goon crap on me

Old
07-04-2012, 05:46 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
OK first off to the guy who said i have a man crush for coming to my bar. Shut up man..don't make stuff personal when it is about Hockey.. Rupp is a solid nhl 4th liner and plays hard.. Did he stink this year yes he did,, He tried hard and fought to make himself useful and I like that.. Yes we are friends and yea i favor him for being great to me and my kids.. So what guys he plays hard

Dubi was and is a nice guy that I feel values his pockets more then winning.. He fights for sure( not good by the way) and big time teammate but he... Don't pull the goon crap on me
You say dont make this personal but then you go on about how hes so nice to you and your kids?

Why even make a silly thread like this if u have such a biased opinion of him because he is nice to you kids?

Old
07-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Dagoon44

Bro take it easy killer.. Dubi is a friend of mine and my family and i call him out in the same breathe. Dubi texts my kids and is a great guy but that doesn't make my opinion of him.. Rupp was hurt and played stop being one sided.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:53 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Bro take it easy killer.. Dubi is a friend of mine and my family and i call him out in the same breathe. Dubi texts my kids and is a great guy but that doesn't make my opinion of him.. Rupp was hurt and played stop being one sided.
Im the one who is one sided?

Ok then.

He fights = dagoon loves him

Old
07-04-2012, 05:58 PM
pavelich

If Rupp had beaten up some more Devils we could have won that series! Too bad about his knee.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
I dunno ur bashing Dubi pretty good and then say he's nice to your family. Change the title to Dubi and the Hate cause you seem to enjoy bashing him.

anyways Rupp and Dubi bot hare rugged players and to me they have heart. Fans have to complain about something

Closed Thread