HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Stalberg situation

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 06:33 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
Kruger has no offensive ability and brunettes hands were bad on the hawks and both of them got PP time. Using the decisions the coaching staff makes regarding players to support arguments is flawed because the coaching staff **** the bed last year. I remember the one time Stalberg got PP time he scored a goal literally 1 second after the time expired on the man advantage. He's far from a perfect player, but he's a better answer in the top 6 right now than probably anybody else we have and also showed pretty good chemistry with sharp, toews, kane and Hossa.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:41 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Kruger has no offensive ability and brunettes hands were bad on the hawks and both of them got PP time. Using the decisions the coaching staff makes regarding players to support arguments is flawed because the coaching staff **** the bed last year. I remember the one time Stalberg got PP time he scored a goal literally 1 second after the time expired on the man advantage. He's far from a perfect player, but he's a better answer in the top 6 right now than probably anybody else we have and also showed pretty good chemistry with sharp, toews, kane and Hossa.
I agree that he may be our best option available still doesn't mean hes the solution and I fully agree that a blackhawks team with stalberg on top 6 isnt a team contending for a cup. hopefully he takes strides like he did last year but, he will be looking for a big payday and we dont need another Michael Frolik, unless its playoff time lol

Old
07-04-2012, 06:46 PM
madgoat33

I'd trade him as a piece for a proven top 6 guy in his prime for sure, but not for picks/prospects unless the offer blows us away

Old
07-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
If he goes 25/25 or better this year then what?
I guess he leaves as a UFA, I do not want Stalberg near 3mil...theres no way he gets 25/25 anyway.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I guess he leaves as a UFA, I do not want Stalberg near 3mil...theres no way he gets 25/25 anyway.
If he puts up those numbers, why in the world wouldn't you want him resigned at 3 million? There are fourth liners who are getting 2/3 of that in free agency.

I don't think people have adjusted their mindset to the cap's vast increase since the lockout. In fairness, I'm guilty of that too sometimes.

EDIT: Didn't see the last part there until now.
How is there no way he gets 25/25? He had 22/21 this year with zero powerplay time, and has done nothing but improve since coming to Chicago. Not even close to being out of the question.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

If we somehow become a contender for real this season, he is worth keeping, but it is likely that to actually become that he would be one moved to do so.

His value is artificially high and he should be moved to take advantage of it. If his production slumps, we lose trade leverage. When he becomes UFA he will get a stupid contract.

Toronto got Versteeg for him, would sure like to get that return now.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
If he puts up those numbers, why in the world wouldn't you want him resigned at 3 million? There are fourth liners who are getting 2/3 of that in free agency.

I don't think people have adjusted their mindset to the cap's vast increase since the lockout. In fairness, I'm guilty of that too sometimes.

EDIT: Didn't see the last part there until now.
How is there no way he gets 25/25? He had 22/21 this year with zero powerplay time, and has done nothing but improve since coming to Chicago. Not even close to being out of the question.
He doesnt bring anything other than speed and leaching off of Toews.

No physical game, no defense, not a playmaker, not a shooter, not a special teams player, not a leader, no nasty edge.

I would rather spend that 3+mil on a player that brings something different than Sharp, Hossa, Toews, Kane. Like a Corey Perry, or Hartnell type.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:06 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Offer him a 1 year extension before the season starts at 1.8m-2m/per.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:56 PM
ClydeLee

Quote:

No physical game, no defense, not a playmaker, not a shooter, not a special teams player, not a leader, no nasty edge.

I would rather spend that 3+mil on a player that brings something different than Sharp, Hossa, Toews, Kane. Like a Corey Perry, or Hartnell type.
You speak of him like he is a finished product and give no grounds for him being able to gather his skill improving after a great jump in talent. If was given a fair share of PP time compared to actual play production of others on the unit, he could be a 25-25 player.

You don't know what Stalberg as a player will look like after next season. To also say his market is well above value right now is speculation. You don't know how he is being looked at or what he would be able to be packaged with. Nobody is bringing nothing but speed and racking up nearly 100 hits per season either.

Saying Versteeg was traded for him is laughable. Versteeg was not given all that could be in value of him because he was a known salary dump for the Hawks. They were able to get something that would produce right away and the hopeful prospect whos failed in Paradis.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:39 PM
cherrypik

Last year was only his second full NHL season and he's progressing. I'm a big supported of Stalberg. He's 6'3 with world class speed. You can't teach speed. Yeah he played with Toews a lot but he also clicked on the 3rd line. How many times did he get stoned or had bad luck earlier in the season? Once he started using Lepiso stick he seemed to have a much better shot. IMO, he could have had 30 goals without playing the PP in 11-12.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
I would like some of that action please.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
nah, the dude knows that if he just duplicates last season (I think he will improve on it) then he is getting paid.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Iridium128

Stalberg
Kruger/Pirri

Nielson
5th

???

Old
07-05-2012, 01:57 AM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
After what happened this July 1st. If he doesn't get 3.5 at a minimum he needs to fire his agent.

Sell high.

Old
07-05-2012, 02:28 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Your entire roster, let alone your entire top six can't all be All Stars.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Rexy

Quote:
yeah, the idea of Stalberg improving to another 3 goals and 4 assists is ridiculous. No possible way he does that. (he did improve himself by 10 goals and 9 assists from the season before, but that's just a fluke, right?)

Old
07-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Toronto got Versteeg for him, would sure like to get that return now.
So, Versteeg is traded for Stalberg and the world, for some, ceased to exist. We gave Versteeg away.

Now, Stalberg puts up Versteeg like numbers and he still blows. Versteeg is currently RFA and Stalberg will be UFA. Versteeg's expiring contract is 3M+ but Stalberg should be dumped if he gets a sniff of 3M?

I wish I lived in your world, where that made sense, it would be a lot easier than the real world.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
You mention VS, Sharp and Q over Crawford, who single handedly lost us 2 PO games all by himself ... and you're idol was nowhere to be found, except on his arse most of the time.
I mention them all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You need an education on what current FA's are singing for. This is no longer 2009.
I don't need anything. Look at the OP. Stalberg will get his money and it shouldn't be from the Hawks. For the Hawks, Stalberg is not worth 3 million or more
post #1
Quote:
Looking at other players at this age, size and production he would get 3+ million as UFA. Now what to do with him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
yeah, the idea of Stalberg improving to another 3 goals and 4 assists is ridiculous. No possible way he does that. (he did improve himself by 10 goals and 9 assists from the season before, but that's just a fluke, right?)
wouldn't it be better to expect him to match that production first before we hope for improvement?

Old
07-05-2012, 08:56 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
How is he that far off. Stalberg hits 50 last year if he gets any PP time.

On this team last year Stalberg was the 5th best forward by a considerable margin.

Toews
Hossa
Kane
Sharp
Stalberg

Significant drop off

Shaw/Bolland/Carcillo

Rest of the Hawks forwards were streaky assorted garbage. One thing missing in the top 6 is the 2 C.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:01 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

Quote:
Well with the ridiculous contracts guys are getting now after a good season or 2 I bet Stalberg's next contract will be 3-5 million a year.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

thats the reason why we should package him with Morin/Pirri & Montador and get an upgrade for the Top6

Work something out with the Avs and Stastny.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:26 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
thats the reason why we should package him with Morin/Pirri & Montador and get an upgrade for the Top6

Work something out with the Avs and Stastny.
You get a #2 C but with a 6.6 cap hit for the next two years. Basically losing 2, maybe 3 players for his cap hit.

Stastny had 55 points last year.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:

I have none of those things either. Guess I'd be a shoe in for 25 goals then. Leaching off of Toews. I love it when people knock a player because of whom he plays with. Like...how DARE we put a guy on a line where his linemates will put him in the best position to succeed! That Emmit Smith was a bum. It was the 300lb+ offensive line! ****ing leach!

Old
07-05-2012, 10:37 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You get a #2 C but with a 6.6 cap hit for the next two years. Basically losing 2, maybe 3 players for his cap hit.

Stastny had 55 points last year.
Montador is useless, Stalberg is going to be too expensive to resign, and one of Morin/Pirri. You need to give up something to get something. Who cares about the cap hit. If we're not spending to the cap, it doesn't matter.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:39 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
Montador is useless, Stalberg is going to be too expensive to resign, and one of Morin/Pirri. You need to give up something to get something. Who cares about the cap hit. If we're not spending to the cap, it doesn't matter.
I still don't think the Avs do it. People around here think Stalberg is excellent trade bait. He had a career year but the problem is he has one year left on his contract. Teams may be looking at that as a rental. It would be different if he was singed to a cheap deal for the next few years.

Closed Thread