HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Sharks Re-sign G Alex Stalock, sign D Danny Groulx

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2012, 08:59 AM
  #26
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Can 201 or Speed comment on what you think the logic is of signing Groulx? With Doherty, Acolatse, Tennyson, Abeltshauser, Irwin, Pelech (assuming he takes QO) and Petrecki that's basically your 7 main defensemen. And isn't Wrenn expected to come to the AHL next year? So I don't see where Groulx fits in unless they are expecting him to play forward.
Rumor is Abeltshauser is headed back to juniors of an over-ager year, and Wrenn isn't under contract and I haven't heard anything about San Jose even offering him one...and to be honest I wouldn't be shocked to see Doherty end up in the ECHL.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:02 AM
  #27
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Can 201 or Speed comment on what you think the logic is of signing Groulx? With Doherty, Acolatse, Tennyson, Abeltshauser, Irwin, Pelech (assuming he takes QO) and Petrecki that's basically your 7 main defensemen. And isn't Wrenn expected to come to the AHL next year? So I don't see where Groulx fits in unless they are expecting him to play forward.
Abeltshauser shouldn't be penciled into anyone's AHL lineup as both Halifax and the Sharks have said he's very likely to play another year in the Q and there's no reason to think it's not true.

Wrenn (if they decide to sign him) and Doherty could very well end up in the ECHL next season and Groulx brings a known skillset and a lot of veteran presence to the team which most of the WorSharks fans said was lacking a lot season.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:03 AM
  #28
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Rumor is Abeltshauser is headed back to juniors of an over-ager year, and Wrenn isn't under contract and I haven't heard anything about San Jose even offering him one...and to be honest I wouldn't be shocked to see Doherty end up in the ECHL.
Your fingers are faster than mine this morning!

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:13 AM
  #29
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Fistfullofbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Country: India
Posts: 7,976
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Rumor is Abeltshauser is headed back to juniors of an over-ager year, and Wrenn isn't under contract and I haven't heard anything about San Jose even offering him one...and to be honest I wouldn't be shocked to see Doherty end up in the ECHL.
Would you say its pretty safe to call Doherty a bust, from a pure NHL standpoint, at this time? Or do you feel its still too early to say and he may improve over the next couple of years?

__________________
What?! Look, he thinks he's people!
Fistfullofbeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:37 AM
  #30
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
Would you say its pretty safe to call Doherty a bust, from a pure NHL standpoint, at this time? Or do you feel its still too early to say and he may improve over the next couple of years?
He's 21 or 22 (too lazy too look it up), and that's WAY too young to call a big, lumbering kid a bust. After a couple months in the AHL it was obvious he was way over his head and he should have been sent to the ECHL where he could dominate the slower forwards there and learn how to play the pro game....and I'm pretty sure if you got a few beers into the folks from SJ's hockey ops they'd admit the same thing. I suspect early next season they may fix that error...

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:55 PM
  #31
McLovin25
Eberle=Clutch
 
McLovin25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Rumor is Abeltshauser is headed back to juniors of an over-ager year, and Wrenn isn't under contract and I haven't heard anything about San Jose even offering him one...and to be honest I wouldn't be shocked to see Doherty end up in the ECHL.
Any paticular reason for this. he had a pretty good year this year, and i thought he'd be put in the AHL next year.

Then again hes going to a STACKED Halifax team enxt year if he goes back.

Musta gave DW and the other higher ups some Moosehead

McLovin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:03 PM
  #32
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post
Any paticular reason for this. he had a pretty good year this year, and i thought he'd be put in the AHL next year.

Then again hes going to a STACKED Halifax team enxt year if he goes back.

Musta gave DW and the other higher ups some Moosehead
It's not my rumor and I've not asked anyone that would know about it, so I have no idea why that's the alleged plan.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:00 PM
  #33
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol
 
Ninja Hertl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The Yay
Country: United States
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 500
210, what's your opinion on Acolatse?

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 04:32 AM
  #34
Audio Outlaw
Jaded Sharks Fan
 
Audio Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 1185
Crap.

Audio Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 06:57 AM
  #35
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkohol View Post
210, what's your opinion on Acolatse?
Solid defensive prospect.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 10:09 PM
  #36
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****
 
Rbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: București
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
Happy for danny! Fellow
Montrealer!

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.