HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 2.0 - Unbelievable Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 10:16 PM
  #51
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Yes. Though thing is while you are still considered a strong skater, and do go from A to B in a really good speed, I can tell you that this can be fixed. Ryan McDonagh was already known as a good skater in his draft year but I can tell you that the had A LOT to work on his technique. Geez, he was turning on one side better than an other. And guess what....he did. But I still notice that there are still some things to work on. Gally will do as well.
I have heard that the event he finished tops at the combine is the event that best predicts skating potential. And I do agree, some good coaching with technique and he can be a stud. No doubt he's fast once he gets going, he just needs to learn how to get going quicker...

Pacioretty has developed quite well int hat regard as well. (another guy who showed off the skating "potential" at the combine)...

hogtownhabsfan* is online now  
Old
07-02-2012, 11:29 AM
  #52
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Brady Vail‏@BradyVail

@AGally94 I'm at subway right now.. Where you at?? #cheezysteak

6m Alex galchenyuk‏@AGally94

@BradyVail I'm at the rink getting better ! #nodaysoff

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
07-02-2012, 12:33 PM
  #53
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Brady Vail‏@BradyVail

@AGally94 I'm at subway right now.. Where you at?? #cheezysteak

6m Alex galchenyuk‏@AGally94

@BradyVail I'm at the rink getting better ! #nodaysoff
Somehow, I believe they'll bring their phones with them when they'll be playing against each other and go on tweet war between shifts...

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 03:33 PM
  #54
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
I dreamt that we traded Gally for Morgan Rielly and TOR's 2013 first.

Galchenyuk94 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
  #55
Habsfan18
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,271
vCash: 500
Alex galchenyuk ‏@AGally94

Are u serious ? Not happening mom http://pic.twitter.com/8wGHPgaZ



__________________
Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1382901
Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:24 PM
  #56
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Alex galchenyuk ‏@AGally94

Are u serious ? Not happening mom http://pic.twitter.com/8wGHPgaZ




Habs fans are gona bombard his Mom on facebook now LOL

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
  #57
Vicious
Registered User
 
Vicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,691
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Alex galchenyuk ‏@AGally94

Are u serious ? Not happening mom http://pic.twitter.com/8wGHPgaZ




I am loving this kid... Might actually get twitter just for these.

Vicious is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 06:57 AM
  #58
Subban signed e5
Registered User
 
Subban signed e5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 250
vCash: 500
we were a year to early in tanking

Subban signed e5 is online now  
Old
07-03-2012, 08:32 AM
  #59
Ishmael
Registered User
 
Ishmael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
I'm not a big fan of tanking, because of the message it sends to the team and undermines the essential will-to-win that you want to have in these professionals.

That being said, I CAN see a team taking a longer-term look at winning. I'd like to see the Habs focus mostly on youth development this year - giving the younger players more chances to play, more time on the ice at critical times, having the older players focus more on mentoring the younger ones, working on the details of coaching systems, etc - than purely on winning, where you shorten your bench and simply put your now-best players on the ice, play lock-down defensive hockey, rush players back from injury, etc.

That is way different than tanking IMO, and something that the whole team could be on board with.

Maybe that's even something Gomez can positively contribute with?

The end result would be one of two things: either being very impressed with what our youngsters can do, or a high draft pick in an apparently awesome draft class.

Ishmael is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 09:29 AM
  #60
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012
 
RaMMuT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Gally is going to be the Habs' Super Saiyan Goku!!!

Suggestion for next year's Tanking theme:

Fall for Dragon Balls


RaMMuT is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 10:55 AM
  #61
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,423
vCash: 500
Please quit the tanking talk.....not one person in any NHL organization, ever thinks that way

...outside of maybe Pittsburgh with a week left in the season when they realized Mario Lemieux was on the line....and even then all they really did was play there back up goalie and a couple/few prospects in there last game or two.

No coach ever told the players 'lets lose...we will get the 1st pick....oh and by the way, good chance a good amount of you players won't be back...cause I mean you guys are a last place team...oh and there is also a good chance me and my staff won't be back...cause I mean we coached a team to last place...but hey...lets lose'

These people's jobs are on the line year in and year out.

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!
Darz is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:08 AM
  #62
MarkersMark*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Please quit the tanking talk.....not one person in any NHL organization, ever thinks that way

...outside of maybe Pittsburgh with a week left in the season when they realized Mario Lemieux was on the line....and even then all they really did was play there back up goalie and a couple/few prospects in there last game or two.

No coach ever told the players 'lets lose...we will get the 1st pick....oh and by the way, good chance a good amount of you players won't be back...cause I mean you guys are a last place team...oh and there is also a good chance me and my staff won't be back...cause I mean we coached a team to last place...but hey...lets lose'

These people's jobs are on the line year in and year out.
No but it is normal for GM's to avoid plugging holes with high-paid UFA's when they're looking to build for the future. We don't need to put the backup goalie in to lose when you look at the type of roster we have. So in Bergies mind, is it worth it to spend 4-5 million on plugging the top-6 hole when all it will do is maybe boost us from 13th in the east to 11th?

MarkersMark* is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:20 AM
  #63
KFlint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
I'm sorry if it's been discussed already but I'd like to know which NHL player (past or present) can be compared to Gally in term of skills, style of play etc... I honestly have no idea!

We've heard that Yapukov could be a bit like Bure, Forsberg like Alfredson etc... but nothing about him afaik.

Thx for you input

KFlint is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:32 AM
  #64
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkersMark View Post
No but it is normal for GM's to avoid plugging holes with high-paid UFA's when they're looking to build for the future. We don't need to put the backup goalie in to lose when you look at the type of roster we have. So in Bergies mind, is it worth it to spend 4-5 million on plugging the top-6 hole when all it will do is maybe boost us from 13th in the east to 11th?
This is correct.

It is for the coaches and players to say "every year we're trying to win the cup." It is for the GM's to decide when they get the backup to do so.

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:33 AM
  #65
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
I'm sorry if it's been discussed already but I'd like to know which NHL player (past or present) can be compared to Gally in term of skills, style of play etc... I honestly have no idea!

We've heard that Yapukov could be a bit like Bure, Forsberg like Alfredson etc... but nothing about him afaik.

Thx for you input
Craig Button compared him to Ron Francis. Alot of other have said Jonathan Toews.

hogtownhabsfan* is online now  
Old
07-04-2012, 03:33 PM
  #66
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Craig Button compared him to Ron Francis. Alot of other have said Jonathan Toews.
Craig Button is an idiot who compares apples and oranges based on well they grow in the ground.

Analyzer is online now  
Old
07-04-2012, 03:58 PM
  #67
Boardish
Registered User
 
Boardish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
On TSN they compared him to Kopitar.

Boardish is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 04:29 PM
  #68
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,679
vCash: 500
Funny he's got Rogers service instead of "Bell"

Beendair Donedat is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 04:45 PM
  #69
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Craig Button is an idiot who compares apples and oranges based on well they grow in the ground.
Both Francis and Towes are good comparisons.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 04:55 PM
  #70
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Funny he's got Rogers service instead of "Bell"
Bell is terrible in Ontario.

Captain Smurf is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 04:56 PM
  #71
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Bell is terrible in Ontario.
Bell is terrible everywhere.

overlords is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 04:58 PM
  #72
Vi Nc E x13x
Registered User
 
Vi Nc E x13x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
I think Gally will be more of an anze kopitar like player they both have sick hands and a nasty shot

Vi Nc E x13x is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:32 PM
  #73
AlexGalchenyuk94
NHL Managerial Guru
 
AlexGalchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Hopefully Galchenyuk plays for Sarnia this year. He missed so much development time that it would be too much of a risk to have him play this season whether he has the talent or not. He's our highest pick in like 20 years, we can't afford to negatively impact his development.

I'm close to Barrie, hopefully will see him play against the Colts this season in the OHL.

AlexGalchenyuk94 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 06:57 PM
  #74
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Craig Button is an idiot who compares apples and oranges based on well they grow in the ground.
Wow. I think Ronnie Franchise is a good comparison.

Ron Francis was just a better version of Toews anyways.

le_sean is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 07:00 PM
  #75
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Wow. I think Ronnie Franchise is a good comparison.

Ron Francis was just a better version of Toews anyways.
Ron Francis was much more of a playmaker though.

Both Toews and Galchenyuk can fire the puck and aren't shy to do so. Galchenyuk is going to be a perennial 30-goal ala Toews IMO.

JGRB is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.