HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Malkin-CBJ for Nash plus any 3 pieces

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2012, 09:03 PM
  #26
Couturier Post
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Is this in the imaginary rule book?
No, but in recent history teams have made it a point to not pay anyone more than the player considered the team's best. Lidstrom's contract served as a ceiling for Hossa's 1 year in Detroit, Doughty's contract structured specifically so that he makes less than Kopitar during the duration of Kopitar's deal, for just 2 examples in recent memory. (Obvious underpaid contracts like Giroux's notwithstanding).

Couturier Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:04 PM
  #27
Matt Foley
Living in a van
 
Matt Foley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Down by the river
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
So I'm looking at this like the Lindros sit where Malkin is Lindros and CBJ is QUE so If I had a choice of what I wanted from CBJ it would be NASH+Murray+J.Johnson+Johansen but I'm sure there are many posters that know Pits better than i do sooo what 3 other pieces would you want with Nash?
Ron White is talking about your proposal here, so listen up...


Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:05 PM
  #28
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,127
vCash: 500
I think Pittsburgh would take Nash + Johanson + Murray.

Columbus wouldn't do it though because there'd be no one left to play with Malkin and he'd just bolt or demand a trade ala Carter.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:06 PM
  #29
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post

Ron White is talking about your proposal here, so listen up...

I don't think he means it to be a serious proposal, just a what if to measure how much Malkin would be worth in a trade. The thread should really be labeled as "Value of" instead of "Proposal."

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:07 PM
  #30
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Nevermind.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:08 PM
  #31
ayshplaysh
Registered User
 
ayshplaysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Sure! And then Malkin just resigns with the Pens in 2 years.

<Insert Troll Face>

ayshplaysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:13 PM
  #32
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
I guess the better thing to do would be just unite those two franchises and play 21 games in each city respectively.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:28 PM
  #33
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
blonde moment JMFJ?
Jack "Minus Forever" Johnson...at least in my book...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM
  #34
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P
 
bobbyt91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
This is very bad. I mean you can trade Nash with every single other player on the CBJ roster and all their prospects and Pittsburgh would still say no.
I really beg to differ, we are fans and if we take off our fan hats and look at what Nash+Johnson+Murray+Johansen gives the Pens its worth Malkin(but way too much for 2yrs of Malkin) As it is now CBJ would NEVER offer that for 2 years of Malkin, I guess we could say Crosby but just his name sells a ton of tickets so his value is way more than what he does on the ice so for arguments sake lets pretend Malkin just signed a 10 yr @8.7/yr with a NTC but loves the Jackets. They get 2 D studs and 2 forward studs for 1 superstud. Plus it sets the pens up on D and up front. If they would have kept Staal then this would be an amazing trade to make. So since Staal is gone loosing Malkin isn't going to happen but I would sure bet an offer of Nash+Johnson+Murray+Johansen would make him think long and hard.

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:30 PM
  #35
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P
 
bobbyt91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I don't think he means it to be a serious proposal, just a what if to measure how much Malkin would be worth in a trade. The thread should really be labeled as "Value of" instead of "Proposal."
Actually my point was to have the Nash trade proposals looked at in a different light, in that where its Nash++ for a superstar

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:31 PM
  #36
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
This proposal is pointless and isnt and will never happen!

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:33 PM
  #37
PensFever71
Registered User
 
PensFever71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
That trade would be good for the business aspect of the game. Sure you'd be even less competitive in Columbus but Malkin would fill the arena and sell merch.

PensFever71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:35 PM
  #38
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFever71 View Post
That trade would be good for the business aspect of the game. Sure you'd be even less competitive in Columbus but Malkin would fill the arena and sell merch.
There's a lot of truth in this statement. The CBJ have been playing with the one standout and supporting cast model for years now. We need to adopt the Phoenix model of no standouts, the team carries the team.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:36 PM
  #39
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P
 
bobbyt91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
This proposal is pointless and isnt and will never happen!
cmon its posters like this that take the fun out of this. We are not GM's and are not trying to make perfect proposals because its fundamentally impossible considering we are fans. It is supposed to be fun and make us think about how said trade could work

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:39 PM
  #40
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P
 
bobbyt91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
There's a lot of truth in this statement. The CBJ have been playing with the one standout and supporting cast model for years now. We need to adopt the Phoenix model of no standouts, the team carries the team.
I 100% agree, with a goalie who can play and the prospects I suspect CBJ will be a competitive team in 3-5 years and should stay that way for a while as long as they build an environment players want to re-sign/sign in.

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:40 PM
  #41
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,888
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Well.... there's a silver lining in this deal.

First. Malkin would probably pull a Carter and demand a trade.

Next, Columbus would probably get 50%-66% fair value for him.

After that the NHL would conclude that Columbus' roster is so much of a joke that most AHL teams could beat them... so with New Jersey having money issues the NHL could just shut both franchises down increasing the player depth on all teams around the NHL.

It would be the most awesome off-season ever!

There could be a lottery for who gets to pick first! That means Edmonton gets to pick first or second and then Montreal and New York Islanders would follow.

Man, imagine Edmonton getting their hands on Larsson or Kovalchuk. Maybe they'd even go with Zajac to secure that sure-fire 1-2 punch down the middle.

Man... what a wonderful dream... just like the opposite of this proposal.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:50 PM
  #42
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
I realize this is meant to be sarcastic,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Well.... there's a silver lining in this deal.

First. Malkin would probably pull a Carter and demand a trade.

Next, Columbus would probably get 50%-66% fair value for him.

After that the NHL would conclude that Columbus' roster is so much of a joke that most AHL teams could beat them... so with New Jersey having money issues the NHL could just shut both franchises down increasing the player depth on all teams around the NHL.

It would be the most awesome off-season ever!

There could be a lottery for who gets to pick first! That means Edmonton gets to pick first or second and then Montreal and New York Islanders would follow.

Man, imagine Edmonton getting their hands on Larsson or Kovalchuk. Maybe they'd even go with Zajac to secure that sure-fire 1-2 punch down the middle.

Man... what a wonderful dream... just like the opposite of this proposal.
Please tell me your Momma didn't name you Thadd

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:51 PM
  #43
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I really beg to differ, we are fans and if we take off our fan hats and look at what Nash+Johnson+Murray+Johansen gives the Pens its worth Malkin(but way too much for 2yrs of Malkin) As it is now CBJ would NEVER offer that for 2 years of Malkin, I guess we could say Crosby but just his name sells a ton of tickets so his value is way more than what he does on the ice so for arguments sake lets pretend Malkin just signed a 10 yr @8.7/yr with a NTC but loves the Jackets. They get 2 D studs and 2 forward studs for 1 superstud. Plus it sets the pens up on D and up front. If they would have kept Staal then this would be an amazing trade to make. So since Staal is gone loosing Malkin isn't going to happen but I would sure bet an offer of Nash+Johnson+Murray+Johansen would make him think long and hard.
You seem to be under the impression that the Pens need young d.

Do you happen to live under a rock?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:03 PM
  #44
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,036
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Nash for Malkin proposals have been done to death. There's zero chance Malkin gets moved, absolutely zero and the chance he would be moved for a package based around Nash is less than zero.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
cmon its posters like this that take the fun out of this. We are not GM's and are not trying to make perfect proposals because its fundamentally impossible considering we are fans. It is supposed to be fun and make us think about how said trade could work
There is no way that said trade could work. The idea of trading Malkin is something that simply would not be entertained at all.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:02 PM
  #45
wahsnairb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,758
vCash: 500
easy no from this CBJ fan

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:18 PM
  #46
Henrik To Daniel
Registered User
 
Henrik To Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Wow some Pens fans are extremely delusional. "Nash and all of CBJ's prospects wouldn't get it done" is laughable.

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:34 PM
  #47
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
As a fan of neither team, I would say yes just to see the whole media circus around this blockbuster trade.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:34 PM
  #48
Canadian Game
Registered User
 
Canadian Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffl97 View Post
So their franchise player, their 2nd overall pick, their centerpiece from the carter trade, and a former 4th overall. Lol why would CLS mutilate their team?
In fairness, is that not what Columbus is asking of others teams for Nash? There's a reason why nobody has bitten at getting Nash yet.

If it were the Leafs (which I am not proposing any sort of trade), they would at least be asking for Gardiner, 1st rounder, another decent prospect, plus another 2nd or 3rd liner.

Canadian Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
  #49
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Wow some Pens fans are extremely delusional. "Nash and all of CBJ's prospects wouldn't get it done" is laughable.
Yes, how dare Pens fans not want to trade the reigning Hart, Art Ross, and Pearson winner for a guy who makes 7.8 mil per to score the same amount of points as Pascal Dupuis, plus a bunch of prospects.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:39 PM
  #50
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game View Post
In fairness, is that not what Columbus is asking of others teams for Nash? There's a reason why nobody has bitten at getting Nash yet.

If it were the Leafs (which I am not proposing any sort of trade), they would at least be asking for Gardiner, 1st rounder, another decent prospect, plus another 2nd or 3rd liner.
LOL, THIS.

Maybe this might give some of the Columbus fans a perspective on how ridiculous some of them are being.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.