HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rupp and the hate

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 500
Rupp was bad. You worship him. Dubi does bad and you want him Out. You say its not personal yet you go on about personal
matters regarding Brandon. Just stop posting the nonsense because you are making a hypocrite of yourself. If dubi fought so much and well you'd be kissing his toes. Obvious bias is obvious with OP

Old
07-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Rangers4Life74

this thread is pure gold

Old
07-04-2012, 06:37 PM
dynamoovechkin

I like Rupp. He is a kind of throwback player. As an enforcer, he is not a top heavyweight, but he doesn't have to be. He plays his role well, provides leadership in the room, and is respected by a his teammates and lot of people in the league.

I also like the way he finds a way to get his shot off. That said, he was not stellar this past year, and his skating really slowed down in the second half. Now that I hear about a knee it makes more sense, but I found myself wanting more out of him, hence the criticism, which I think is fair.

Character guy, perfect fourth liner.

Frankly, though, this "I am special- I know the guy personally and my opinion matters because I am an insider" business I could do without.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Blueshirt Believer

By "Throwback player" do you mean out of shape, and lacking hockey skill/IQ?

Old
07-04-2012, 07:47 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Playing hurt and contributing to the team's success is a positive.

Playing hurt and being awful isn't.

Don't understand why guys are automatically lauded for playing hurt even when it might be hurting the team as a whole.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Cruxial

Dagoon, how's Rupp's knee? Will he be ready by camp?

Old
07-04-2012, 09:22 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
OK first off to the guy who said i have a man crush for coming to my bar. Shut up man..don't make stuff personal when it is about Hockey.. Rupp is a solid nhl 4th liner and plays hard.. Did he stink this year yes he did,, He tried hard and fought to make himself useful and I like that.. Yes we are friends and yea i favor him for being great to me and my kids.. So what guys he plays hard

Dubi was and is a nice guy that I feel values his pockets more then winning.. He fights for sure( not good by the way) and big time teammate but he... Don't pull the goon crap on me
Don't pull the goon crap on you? Your posting history is so biased in favor of goons it isn't funny. You admit that Rupp had a poor year yet call out other poster for ragging on him, even when very few people were actually ragging on him.

You defend Rupp because he fights, nothing more, nothing less. You aren't a Ranger fan, you are a fighting fan. Go watch UFC if fightng is all you care about.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:34 PM
chosen

Players who play that hurt are doing a disservice to the team. Furthermore, management knew about this and didn't sit him out, meaning that they failed at their job.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:37 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Players who play that hurt are doing a disservice to the team. Furthermore, management knew about this and didn't sit him out, meaning that they failed at their job.
If only it were this simple.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

i love rupp he is a great guy in the locker room. he really didnt do anything that bad this season (i watched prbs 70+ games and cant recall any glaring mistakes from rupp) but other than the kicking the crap out of that panther, WC and ****ing **** up with fatass and the devils (priceless) he really did do anything that good. i know he wasnt good but acting like he was an awful 4th liner isnt fair the guy was solid and played injured i expect a little more production. comparing him to dubi isnt fair either...dubi was suppose to improve from his 50+ point season while rupp was suppose to grind, score a goal or two, and **** **** up

Old
07-04-2012, 10:53 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
i love rupp he is a great guy in the locker room. he really didnt do anything that bad this season (i watched prbs 70+ games and cant recall any glaring mistakes from rupp) but other than the kicking the crap out of that panther, WC and ****ing **** up with fatass and the devils (priceless) he really did do anything that good. i know he wasnt good but acting like he was an awful 4th liner isnt fair the guy was solid and played injured i expect a little more production. comparing him to dubi isnt fair either...dubi was suppose to improve from his 50+ point season while rupp was suppose to grind, score a goal or two, and **** **** up
In fairness I don't think Rupp was only expect to score a goal or two. Don't think anyone was expecting 20...but considering he had scored 9 and 13 the two previous years I was looking for 8-10. Hopefully that's what he can give us next year.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
In fairness I don't think Rupp was only expect to score a goal or two. Don't think anyone was expecting 20...but considering he had scored 9 and 13 the two previous years I was looking for 8-10. Hopefully that's what he can give us next year.
Heck I wasn't even looking for that much. What I was expecting was a guy who could keep the opposition pinned in their end for a few minutes to give some rest to our D.

Guy couldn't forecheck to save his life.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
i expected 5-8 honestly

Old
07-05-2012, 01:28 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Heck I wasn't even looking for that much. What I was expecting was a guy who could keep the opposition pinned in their end for a few minutes to give some rest to our D.

Guy couldn't forecheck to save his life.
He was a step behind a lot, I agree.
Lets see what he can do healthy, previously he has been good on the forecheck. Like I said, he looked pretty good with limited time in the POs often getting the puck into the other end for faceoffs, in short shifts. I think he can rebound!

And btw Dagoon, some of these guys are hmmmm... Ok, left unsaid but you probably get it?

Old
07-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Rupp was bad. You worship him. Dubi does bad and you want him Out. You say its not personal yet you go on about personal
matters regarding Brandon. Just stop posting the nonsense because you are making a hypocrite of yourself. If dubi fought so much and well you'd be kissing his toes. Obvious bias is obvious with OP
Your a very ignorant poster,, u judge me cause your jealious of my relationship with these guys. Dubi does fight you moron and dubi has made me a ton of money. I dont hate him nor do i want him gone . You and a few others just post to bash me that's fine e jealous cause i love it

Old
07-05-2012, 01:53 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Your a very ignorant poster,, u judge me cause your jealious of my relationship with these guys. Dubi does fight you moron and dubi has made me a ton of money. I dont hate him nor do i want him gone . You and a few others just post to bash me that's fine e jealous cause i love it
Dude, nobody cares if you have a relationship with these players.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:58 AM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Quote:
"E Jealous." That's hilarious. I'm sure were all dying wishing we had the same relationships as you, if you even consider it a relationship. In this thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...479&highlight=

You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
My daughter is a huge Dubi fan has meet him at our signings with him. she kept asking about him so Rupper stops the signing and gets my kid texting with Dubi which made her life lol...
So by your daughter texting Dubinsky once you consider yourself friends with him? Stop trying to act like a big shot who knows players. Nobodies jealous of you or your "relationships."
You say we're getting personal with you but then you proceed to get personal with Dubi calling him greedy and all about the money. Your fine criticizing every other player but once your man crush Rupp gets a little criticism (which he deserves after last season) you get all defensive.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:16 AM
eco's bones

I don't see this going anywhere good.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:43 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
If only it were this simple.
It is that simple. It's called responsibility.

The goal is to field the best team. The combined actions ensured that the best team was not fielded, although the bulk of the blame goes to management.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:58 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
He's a tough guy, and a good guy. It's pretty cool that you're buddies with him and keep us up on stuff like this. But also, you're buddies so this stuff is a bit biased, man. Regardless, hope he has his health next year--guy can definitely help the team, and I like him for one thing for sure.

Edit: And just read thru the thread quick, don't kill the guy cause he has his connections. You'd be a bit biased if you knew some guys personally.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Crease

Wouldn't be a Dagoon thread if he didn't bring up his connections.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
I am so sick of most of you bashing Mike Rupp. The guy would never tell you this nor did any of the Rangers media mention this but his knee never healed properly after the surgery. He was is in constant pain and needed a second operation which would have ended his season.. He didn't have it in order to keep playing.. The guy gave his all to not one leave the team and two to protect his teammates.. Rupp is a good friend to me and i am sick of the needless he sucks trade him talk.. The guy is a perfect 4th liner in todays NHL...

It was obvious to everyone he was severly slowed down by the knee injury. If we had better options in Hartford he would not have been playing. That's not his fault.

Taking all that into account & you have a declining ageing player with a bum knee that is making way too much money to be playing on the 4th line. So while all the hate isn't justified, some of it is understandable.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Kershaw

Why havent mod locked this.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Grumpy Humphrey

This is the most poorly spelled thread on the entire internet.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
This is the most poorly spelled thread on the entire internet.
best post of the entire thread

Closed Thread