Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Moncton Wildcats

Old
07-04-2012, 07:36 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
I'm not selling Johnston short...but please consider that the Calgary Scout responsible for the Q is an irving employee and X wildcat office employee. It's worth taking that in consideration. I wish him the best, but, i've been scouting 5 years, and i'm telling you, he wasnt getting another team to invite him.
I believe you are wrong. When a player gets an invite , they deserve it. Hate when people cut kids short. Cause that's exactly what you are doing. How do you know whos responsible?? Do you work for the Calgary Flames scouting staff or management? I'm going to look a quote up, where a scout (not a Calgary 1) told Danny Flynn that Johnston was very close to getting drafted,let alone getting a camp invite. Even if he dosnt make it anywhere , let him prove himself and show what he can do. Who do you scout for ClemQ ?

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:39 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I believe you are wrong. When a player gets an invite , they deserve it. Hate when people cut kids short. Cause that's exactly what you are doing. How do you know whos responsible?? Do you work for the Calgary Flames scouting staff or management? I'm going to look a quote up, where a scout (not a Calgary 1) told Danny Flynn that Johnston was very close to getting drafted,let alone getting a camp invite. Even if he dosnt make it anywhere , let him prove himself and show what he can do. Who do you scout for ClemQ ?
I too would like to know who he 'claims' to scout for..

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:42 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
I too would like to know who he 'claims' to scout for..
He probably never even watched Johnston play. If D'aoust can get a camp invite last year with Dallas then so can Johnston !

Old
07-04-2012, 10:10 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm not selling Johnston short...but please consider that the Calgary Scout responsible for the Q is an irving employee and X wildcat office employee. It's worth taking that in consideration. I wish him the best, but, i've been scouting 5 years, and i'm telling you, he wasnt getting another team to invite him.
Who do you scout for ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 06:17 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Who do you scout for ?
hey....if you dont believe me, do a a little research and see for yourself who the scout is for the calgary flames in the atlantic provinces.
i'm not selling him short. The reality is, if the flames thought so highly of him, they would have drafted him. They proved that with their 1st pick (Jankowski). You invite players to see if there's an outside chance they fit with the other prospects, especially since Johnston didnt play many games and the games he did play, he barely played. So, barely playing for a mid pack team is not really overwhelming any scouts. Lots of those players will never get another invite. The one's that do fit with the other prospects, generally will get drafted the following year.
You dont have to agree with me, but, like yourself - i have a right to my opinion.
And like you, i dont have to reveal my name or my location or who i scout for. You dont have to believe me...i dont need your approval

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:05 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
hey....if you dont believe me, do a a little research and see for yourself who the scout is for the calgary flames in the atlantic provinces.
i'm not selling him short. The reality is, if the flames thought so highly of him, they would have drafted him. They proved that with their 1st pick (Jankowski). You invite players to see if there's an outside chance they fit with the other prospects, especially since Johnston didnt play many games and the games he did play, he barely played. So, barely playing for a mid pack team is not really overwhelming any scouts. Lots of those players will never get another invite. The one's that do fit with the other prospects, generally will get drafted the following year.
You dont have to agree with me, but, like yourself - i have a right to my opinion.
And like you, i dont have to reveal my name or my location or who i scout for. You dont have to believe me...i dont need your approval
And i could say im a scout for the Winnipeg Jets, but you don't have to believe me. To let you know you are not giving out your name, and location if you tell us who you scout for. Some teams have over 10 scouts so it wouldnt narrow it down any on who you are. But if you dont tell us, how can we believe you? Youre not telling us anything other than who you scout for.. But i dont believe it so dont bother making something up..

Old
07-05-2012, 10:29 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
And i could say im a scout for the Winnipeg Jets, but you don't have to believe me. To let you know you are not giving out your name, and location if you tell us who you scout for. Some teams have over 10 scouts so it wouldnt narrow it down any on who you are. But if you dont tell us, how can we believe you? Youre not telling us anything other than who you scout for.. But i dont believe it so dont bother making something up..
i do scout, i am from atlantic canada, and no, teams dont have 10 scouts. it shows how much you know about the business. most teams in the Q have 1 scout for atlantic canada. Some have 1 in each province, but, only a few teams. (PEI, Moncton, Halifax, Bathurst, to name a few) Some teams dont have a scout in atlantic canada. (shawinagan, Rouyn, Val d'or, drummondville, as examples)
NHL teams generally have 1 scout responsible for the Q, or 1 for the Q, and 1 for Atlantic canada, which also covers CIS hockey and the Q. There's your lesson on the business for today....come back for more tomorrow

Old
07-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Jazz1

I don't think there is any doubt that he is there based on potential, not where his skill level is now. And potential is in the eye of the beholder so different people will have different opinions. He did play as a regular on the 3rd line in the latter half of the season and (other than the Saulniers and Hrvik) he and Penny were the standouts up front in my mind. He has size, skates well, handles the puck well, has a physical side and good instincts from what I have seen. I am really looking forward to see if he improves as much as he did last year. If he does he is going to be a force.

Jazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:46 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
i do scout, i am from atlantic canada, and no, teams dont have 10 scouts. it shows how much you know about the business. most teams in the Q have 1 scout for atlantic canada. Some have 1 in each province, but, only a few teams. (PEI, Moncton, Halifax, Bathurst, to name a few) Some teams dont have a scout in atlantic canada. (shawinagan, Rouyn, Val d'or, drummondville, as examples)
NHL teams generally have 1 scout responsible for the Q, or 1 for the Q, and 1 for Atlantic canada, which also covers CIS hockey and the Q. There's your lesson on the business for today....come back for more tomorrow
As a matter of fact, RN Huskies have a scout for the NbPei league who I actually know the guy, and Moncton has at least 12 scouts, Gatineau has 9 or 10, so that proves your arguement wrong already, so there is your lesson forthe day, come back tomorrow

Old
07-05-2012, 10:58 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
As a matter of fact, RN Huskies have a scout for the NbPei league who I actually know the guy, and Moncton has at least 12 scouts, Gatineau has 9 or 10, so that proves your arguement wrong already, so there is your lesson forthe day, come back tomorrow
This, I know for a fact Gatineau has about 10, my best friend spent the year emailing Renaud Lemay about how to get involved, and got a breakdown of where their scouts are based....

I know Halifax has an American scout, Val D'or I can't remember...

ClemQ, the way you said it now, no doubt in my mind your 100% full of ****....

Also, prospect camp invites don't cost you a thing and your bot wasting anything..

Old
07-05-2012, 11:01 AM
hockeyfan2009

Quote:

Both Shawinigan and Rouyn have scouts who attend midget games in NS on a regular basis. My impression of the scouting community is that it is pretty tight - so I am surprised you would not be aware of both those teams having scouts who are resident in NS.

hockeyfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:53 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2009 View Post
Both Shawinigan and Rouyn have scouts who attend midget games in NS on a regular basis. My impression of the scouting community is that it is pretty tight - so I am surprised you would not be aware of both those teams having scouts who are resident in NS.
too bad none of you can read.....i said most teams have 1 scout in atlantic canada. Not 1 scout in total. i'm not surprised with your difficulty understanding.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:21 PM
hockeyfan2009

Quote:
too bad none of you can read.....i said most teams have 1 scout in atlantic canada. Not 1 scout in total. i'm not surprised with your difficulty understanding.
Your statement was "Some teams dont have a scout in atlantic canada (shawinigan, rouyn, Val d'or, drummondville as examples)". You cited these four teams as examples of teams that do not have scouts in atlantic canada.

All I did was point out that 2 of the 4 teams you claimed not have scouts in atlantic canada do infact have scouts based in NS who do attend a lot of games.

Pretty simple to understand.

Tough to get on here and ******** people about who you are and how much you know when you give us such a glaring example of how you don't know what the facts are.

I don't know about Val d'or or Drummondville but I do know about Shawinigan and and Rouyn ... so there is your lesson for the day.

hockeyfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:53 PM
chsb

It still does not stop his point to be a valid one about the "supposed depth" of the Moncton D.
Atleast 4-5 names in there are unknown quantities at the Q level.

Last edited by chsb: 07-05-2012 at 01:05 PM.
chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:59 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
It still does not deter his pojnt to be a validone about the "supposed depth" of the Moncton D.
Atleast 4-5 names in there are unknown quantities at the Q level.
tks CHSB....i think they want to argue nuances because they cant argue the fact that they're D is not as deep as they think it is.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:10 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
tks CHSB....i think they want to argue nuances because they cant argue the fact that they're D is not as deep as they think it is.
I somewhat agree here. There D isnt proven, but it has potential. If all those guys pan out as expected, they will have a very deep dcore, if not they will still have a good dcore, but not as good as it COULD be. Right now, it isnt as deep as people think, but for all we know, it could be better. Hockey is a game of potential gentleman! So how about we all shut up about Monctons D until we hit August/September and let the players speak for themselves!

Old
07-05-2012, 01:15 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
I somewhat agree here. There D isnt proven, but it has potential. If all those guys pan out as expected, they will have a very deep dcore, if not they will still have a good dcore, but not as good as it COULD be. Right now, it isnt as deep as people think, but for all we know, it could be better. Hockey is a game of potential gentleman! So how about we all shut up about Monctons D until we hit August/September and let the players speak for themselves!
perfect! lets agree to revisit at mid season!

Old
07-05-2012, 01:16 PM
chsb

Quote:
And how about you review the Titan D when comes September as you showed in the other topic that you probably did not rank them in the proper order?

Old
07-05-2012, 01:17 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
perfect! lets agree to revisit at mid season!
Sounds like a plan! I think I will be signing off of here until August/September/October anyways.. See you in the fall!

Old
07-05-2012, 07:18 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
I've been trying to think of a team who has had weak drafts when it comes to Atlantic kids..Trying to figure out what team you scout for.. Val D'or maybe ?

Old
07-05-2012, 07:29 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

I got a little imput from a fan of the CCHL on free agent forward Stephen Hrehoriak.

" 38 goals and nine (9) were game winners. He averaged over a point a game in 60 matches and had almost 80 penalty minutes - -- interesting for a guy whom wore a cage all year.

He certainly has skill and would help a team with his offensive contributions. He also had 30 assists. His skating is certainly at level and althought he isn't the biggest player physically, he wins many battles in the offensive zone.

If I recall correctly his name popped up in trade rumours mid-year. Unsure why. Unsure of his coachability.

Regardless he certainly would help your club as a veteran Jr A player whose team made it to the league semi's last year."

Old
07-05-2012, 07:29 PM
chsb

Quote:
I've been trying to think of a team who has had weak drafts when it comes to Atlantic kids..Trying to figure out what team you scout for.. Val D'or maybe ?
with your very little knowledge of the sport, you allow yourself to be sarcastic with a scout....wow!

Old
07-05-2012, 07:33 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
with your very little knowledge of the sport, you allow yourself to be sarcastic with a scout....wow!
If you're gullable enough into believing he's a scout , then I scout for the Phoenix Coyotes. If there's any scout in this league that has Bathurst ahead of Moncton , that team's in trouble and should re-consider that scouting job.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:16 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
If you're gullable enough into believing he's a scout , then I scout for the Phoenix Coyotes. If there's any scout in this league that has Bathurst ahead of Moncton , that team's in trouble and should re-consider that scouting job.
Post of the thread...

Just leave those to be, they're full of ****.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:03 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Post of the thread...

Just leave those to be, they're full of ****.

Hey ....wait a minute now!! i never put bathurst ahead of moncton!!! never once did i say that. If someone would ask my opinion on that, i have no doubt that moncton at this point is a better overall team and no doubt that they will finish the season in a better position than bathurst! Things can change, but that's my opinion right now.

i bet you didnt expect to hear that from me.....but that's the problem, you all assume way to much!!! instead of listening (or reading in this case)