HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Free Agency Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 04:13 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:18 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Wouldn't get too excited. Detroit ALWAYS finds a way to put a good team on the ice. Jimmy Howard is a great goaltender, and while Z and Dats are aging, they are both still superstar caliber players. Their D worries me a bit though. It's pretty weak without the legend.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:25 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post

My mistake. Perhaps I spoke too soon.

Knowing Detroit, they'll probably somehow end up with Semin or Nash and then one of Yandle or Carle, though.

And agreed with the poster above, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are still threats, obviously.

illninofan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:28 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

I can only hope that Detroit panics and signs Carle and Semin to terrible contracts. that would make me happy even though I'm higher on Semin than a lot of people seem to be. I'm sure Dats could straighten him out and make him a big time scoring threat again. I wouldn't mind for the Blues to sign him to a reasonable deal, but I know Hitch wouldn't lol (Not because he's Russian. Because he doesn't play defense.)

Old
07-04-2012, 04:29 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Semin played a lot better last season, and if we had moeny, I would love to sign him and move Perron for a defenseman. Semin on a line with Tarasenko would be awesome, but it won't happen.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Semin played a lot better last season, and if we had moeny, I would love to sign him and move Perron for a defenseman. Semin on a line with Tarasenko would be awesome, but it won't happen.
I agree, but not the Perron part, I think I would move Oshie before trading Perron, and I do not want to move Oshie at all

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:42 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
I agree, but not the Perron part, I think I would move Oshie before trading Perron, and I do not want to move Oshie at all
I don't want to trade either. I guess trade one of the forwards for a defenseman. Not like it really matters though.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

I want Semin to go to the Rangers just for the lulz of Torts trying to deal with him

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:

There is no way I would trade Oshie before Perron. Perron is a little more skilled, but Oshie's 2 way game is WAY better. He is the perfect Hitch player.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:57 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Parise and Suter to the Wild is pretty big.
I'm happy for them. That team is going to be very exciting to watch this season, and I can't really think of a fanbase more deserving.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
There is no way I would trade Oshie before Perron. Perron is a little more skilled, but Oshie's 2 way game is WAY better. He is the perfect Hitch player.
well like I said, I wouldn't trade either, but our team is comprised of a lot of two-way players, which is great, but we only have two experienced finesse players, and in that being Perron and McDonald, and considering we will probably lose McDonald more sooner-than-later, thats why I would like to keep Perron more...but like I said, don't want to get rid of either of them

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
well like I said, I wouldn't trade either, but our team is comprised of a lot of two-way players, which is great, but we only have two experienced finesse players, and in that being Perron and McDonald, and considering we will probably lose McDonald more sooner-than-later, thats why I would like to keep Perron more...but like I said, don't want to get rid of either of them

I hear ya. I have been saying for 2 years now that the Blues don't have any real play makers. A true #1 center would go a long way. Imagine Backes being your #2 center and Berglund #3. I would actually rather have that than a top paring LHD because I think Cole can be player.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:51 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
I hear ya. I have been saying for 2 years now that the Blues don't have any real play makers. A true #1 center would go a long way. Imagine Backes being your #2 center and Berglund #3. I would actually rather have that than a top paring LHD because I think Cole can be player.
This is my ideal scenario as well. I wish we would have gone after Ribeiro or maybe Roy depending on his health.

McDonald-Ribeiro-Stewart
Perron-Backes-Oshie
Steen-Berglund-Tarasenko

Now that is a top 9, oh well.

Last edited by bleedblue1223: 07-04-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old
07-04-2012, 08:21 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Looks like Carle to Tampa. Thank you. Next on the agenda: Bouwmeester to Detroit

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Looks like Carle to Tampa. Thank you. Next on the agenda: Bouwmeester to Detroit
Tampa actually signed him for...........6yrs @5.5mil per

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:02 PM
BleedBlue42

So it looks like we'll have to get our top 4 D man through a trade. Bouwmeester? Yandle? Giordano? Seems like the majority are willing to part with Cole and/or D'Agostini + a pick. So what are some serious trade possibilities you all think might happen? Also on a side note, is Rutherford having his chat tomorrow as usual? If not, when? Thanks.

BleedBlue42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue42 View Post
So it looks like we'll have to get our top 4 D man through a trade. Bouwmeester? Yandle? Giordano? Seems like the majority are willing to part with Cole and/or D'Agostini + a pick. So what are some serious trade possibilities you all think might happen? Also on a side note, is Rutherford having his chat tomorrow as usual? If not, when? Thanks.
He had it yesterday.

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:31 PM
simon in canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue42 View Post
I wouldn't give up Cole for Jbo straight up! Yandle would be awesome, but the price would probably be Oshie or Perron, and I'm really hesitant about that. Others have posted that Pho is so deep on D they wouldn't want Cole as part of a package, so they would probably want a 1st on top of that. Giordano would likely cost Osh or Perry and Cole and a 1st....if he's actually available. I guess I'm not in the majority....I'd rather keep Cole, and stay the course. No need to make any panicky trades yet.

simon in canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Wouldn't get too excited. Detroit ALWAYS finds a way to put a good team on the ice. Jimmy Howard is a great goaltender, and while Z and Dats are aging, they are both still superstar caliber players. Their D worries me a bit though. It's pretty weak without the legend.
I'm not sure I'd call Li'l Jimmy a "great" goaltender just yet. I don't think the Wings would have signed The Monster if they thought Howard was a "great" goaltender.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Detroit's offense still revolves around Datsyuk and Z, who are great players but getting older. They don't have any stud prospects honestly. Jurco, Nyquist, and Tatar are good players, and they just drafted Martin Frk but none of them jump out as future stars.
You've left out the best offensive prospect the Wings have, Carl Iron Hook.

This guy is probably a better offensive prospect for the Wings than any two of Jurco, Nyquist and Tatar put together.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon in canada View Post
I wouldn't give up Cole for Jbo straight up! Yandle would be awesome, but the price would probably be Oshie or Perron, and I'm really hesitant about that. Others have posted that Pho is so deep on D they wouldn't want Cole as part of a package, so they would probably want a 1st on top of that. Giordano would likely cost Osh or Perry and Cole and a 1st....if he's actually available. I guess I'm not in the majority... I'd rather keep Cole, and stay the course. No need to make any panicky trades yet.
^^ This ^^

If the Blues do make a trade for a defenseman, I would really, really rather that it be with an Eastern Conference club.

I do not want to see Oshie or Perron or Stewart or Rattie or Cole coming back to stick it up the Blues' *** six or seven times every year for the next ten years...

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 07-05-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old
07-04-2012, 10:34 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Can someone describe Yandle's game for me (i.e. compare his playing style to another player either all-time or contemporary) and why exactly he's "what we need" (quoting another poster)?

Besides the fact that he's a top paring LD, of course.

Just trying to get a feel for his playing style.

Last edited by illninofan*: 07-04-2012 at 10:53 PM.
illninofan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:52 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I'm not sure I'd call Li'l Jimmy a "great" goaltender just yet. I don't think the Wings would have signed The Monster if they thought Howard was a "great" goaltender.
Even the greatest goalies need a back up. Jimmy is a very good goalie. When he was injured towards the end of last year, the wheels fell off. The situation was compounded by other injuries too, but Howard was a major reason for the struggle. A .920 save percentage and 2.13 save percentage is very good. Goaltending depth is never a bad thing.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:32 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post

My mistake. Perhaps I spoke too soon.

Knowing Detroit, they'll probably somehow end up with Semin or Nash and then one of Yandle or Carle, though.

And agreed with the poster above, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are still threats, obviously.

No way Columbus deals Nash to Detroit, a division foe IMO

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:25 AM
sdaltons

rumor that the Red Wings might turn to Colaiacovo now.

oh man, PLEASE let this happen.

sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote