HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jokinen Signs with Winnipeg, 2 years, 9 mil.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Some Other Flame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Neither should taking a "wait and see" approach. Or "zomg it's teh winzorz yo!" either, for that matter.
If they're suggesting it for themselves, sure. If they're suggesting everyone should take the same approach, then, not so much.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Kaptah

Jokinen wants to play a big role in an up-coming hockeytown team. He wants to be a difference maker. I respect that.

Feaster continues to make the team younger, switching 33 yo center to a 29 yo. He also gets a Czech mentor for Cervenka. He has a plan, but this is quite a gamble he's taking. Feaster's future with the Flames is now in the hands of Cervenka and Hudler.

It will be interesting to see the reaction if Calgary misses the playoffs next year anf Winnipeg makes it

Kaptah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:53 AM
berto14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptah View Post
Feaster continues to make the team younger, switching 33 yo center to a 29 yo. He also gets a Czech mentor for Cervenka. He has a plan, but this is quite a gamble he's taking. Feaster's future with the Flames is now in the hands of Cervenka and Hudler.
Hudler took a total of 7 faceoffs last season, and lost 5 of them. If he really was signed to replace Jokinen, who took 1300+ faceoffs, we're in big trouble.

berto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
You're right. So bring back Comeau, Stempniak and Sarich while Jokinen gets the cold shoulder?
You're right. Maybe we should have brought him back for his great faceoff ability though.

Comeau was brought back at a reduced price and to be in a reduced role. The same with Sarich, Stempniak at a slight raise.

Joker on the other hand got a 1.5M raise, maybe Feaster has plans to move for a C, maybe the Flames just wanted to move on from Jokinen.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Flamesfan13

Feaster did the right thing with not bringing back jokinen. He obviously doesnt work in calgary, Hudler is a great player.

Flamesfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:22 AM
FlamingTelepath

vCash: 134
Good deal for Olli. Also nice of him to go to a team I don't hate and that's in the Eastern Conference.

I would have welcomed him back to the Flames though but I get the feeling Feaster made up his mind about Jokinen long ago. He was probably too much of a Sutter guy and didn't fit in the new skill-over-grind Flames team they're trying to assemble. It actually just occurred to me that the 12-13 Flames might be a pretty entertaining team to watch!

FlamingTelepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

vCash: 0
According to Jokinen's radio interview, there were several teams that made offers, but none of those offers were from Calgary.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:01 PM
The Hendog

I think Feaster wanted to get younger and change up the talent level - insert Hulder take out Olli

Whether it pays off considering our current Center depth (or lack there of) we will see but at least he is mixing it up as compared to the past

A whole new forward line this year in Sven - Cervanka - Hulder has lots of potential I think

The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
allan5oh
#moneypushups

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
According to Jokinen's radio interview, there were several teams that made offers, but none of those offers were from Calgary.
He also stated that Sutter was the reason his game improved, and he knew as soon as Sutter was let go that the Flames would move on.

I'm hoping he works out good for us in Winnipeg, he's exactly the player we need. Size down the middle, and a shoot first C.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:09 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

I wish Jokinen all the best in Winnipeg.

Glad we moved on.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote