HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Minnesota Wild sign Zach Parise (13 yrs, $7.54M cap hit) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

vCash: 500
Minnesota Wild sign Zach Parise (13 yrs, $7.54M cap hit) Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgeduck View Post
I hate this signing as a division rival.

I love the signing because I believe that some of the Minnesota has some of the best, most poorly treated fans and they deserve this.
Exactly my feelings, except my team is a future division rival.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Both players actually got incredibly reasonable contracts. Well done.

07-04-2012, 11:22 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Gaborik got 6.3 million per year and he's more injury prone than Parise. That's only 1.2 million more than Gaborik.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:23 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

I understand Devil fans are upset but there's one thing I don't understand. Seems like some people don't have an issue with the fact he went home to Minnesota but the fact that it was a huge contract is what made people mad. That they would be fine if Minnesota's offer wasn't that great but he took it to go home and play. What is Parise supposed to do, negotiate Minnesota's offer down?

07-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

When Minnesota lost Gabby to the Rangers all I seen was talk about how it was good he was out of a loser franchise, and now he could shine now in NY. Was very little talk about poor Minnesota, and how we once again got the screws. This is professional sports, every year players leave teams to go elsewhere. Deal with it. This year a couple local guys decided to come back home to most likely finish their careers, and become heros in their home market in helping their troubled home franchise rise from oblivion, to be respectful, even very good in a couple years. Can't we here in such a rich hockey area have something good happen to us for a change? Sheesh!

I feel for the fans of the Devils, but if any team can retool and continue being good it's that franchise. They have had a large share of success over the years.

Nashville has an up and coming team, or at least had one. I have enjoyed watching them go from so so, to a very decent team, it's been cool to see.

Now it might be Minnesota's turn to finally shine some. Sorry but I couldn't be happier right now.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:25 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
When Minnesota lost Gabby to the Rangers all I seen was talk about how it was good he was out of a loser franchise, and now he could shine now in NY. Was very little talk about poor Minnesota, and how we once again got the screws. This is professional sports, every year players leave teams to go elsewhere. Deal with it. This year a couple local guys decided to come back home to most likely finish their careers, and become heros in their home market in helping their troubled home franchise rise from oblivion, to be respectful, even very good in a couple years. Can't we here in such a rich hockey area have something good happen to us for a change? Sheesh!

I feel for the fans of the Devils, but if any team can retool and continue being good it's that franchise. They have had a large share of success over the years.

Nashville has an up and coming team, or at least had one. I have enjoyed watching them go from so so, to a very decent team, it's been cool to see.

Now it might be Minnesota's turn to finally shine some. Sorry but I couldn't be happier right now.
Looking beyond the fact that Parise is out of the division, I'm glad that Minnesota was able to land him and Suter. Good to see the fans who have dealt with ****** teams the past couple of years finally be rewarded with something to look forward to. Even better that it was a smaller market team that was able to pull it off.

Minnesota also has sick uni's which is a more minor reason but one nonetheless

Old
07-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Finnish Your Czechs

Good for Parise and the Wild.

With big contracts come big expectations. I'm not sure Parise can deliver accordingly to his new contract, but such is pro sports. I'm sure he knows this.

I'm sure he can handle the scrutiny.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:26 PM
JR#9*

Devil fans really and I mean really have to stop with dismissing the Wild as not being in the same class as them becuase it really doesn't match what the reality of the situtaion is.

Thde Wild will not be better not nly in the long term as in even starting in 2-3 yrs with the Minny Prospect pool which is full of studs and the 2nd rated overall, but it will also be better even starting this year then the Devils IMO.

This really hurts the Devils and with Marty and Hedberg for another 2 yrs of 80 year old combined goalie tandem and Elias while great last year also being that much closer to 40 and no good prospects outside of Henrique and Larsson there is no reasonable person who would say that the Devils future is even half as bright as the Wilds.

And does anybody really think Zajac isn't bolting next season when he hits UFA?

Devil fans have to saying he just took the money and went to Minny because if it were down to the Devils and Minny you know the devils offer was also ridiculously lucrative and just acknowledge that Zach saw the bright future in Minny and also what keep getting over looked is that outside this semi-cinderalla run the Devils went on as a 13 win shootout winning 6th seed os that Zach has had nothing but mediocre teams and first round flameouts year after year and a crazy coaching carousel almost every season so it was far from all roses for Zach in NJ IMO.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:27 PM
ewoksonhoth
Most People are DJ's

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I'm not ******** at all. I'm pissed he left, but for 98 million he's all yours.

I wanted Parise, the player, back. But I said before FA even started that he's not the kind of player you should committ 13 years to. He'll be fine for a few seasons, but I'm telling you, that's going to be the worst contract in the league soon. He's one of the most agile players in the league and when he's agility takes a hit due to age, his game will be entirely gone.

And I still see him as a natural leader. The Wild ditched Schultz who was big in the locker room at the deadline last season and were looking to pick up someone who could take the team to the next level. Parise will really help the pretty large prospect pool that will be making appearances this season and the coming seasons. Not only did the management team want someone who could put the puck away, they wanted someone who could inspire and lead the young kids and show them how to up their game. If he has a couple of great seasons off the bat and starts to slow a bit I'll have no problem with keeping him as long as it gets our up and coming players upping their game to the highest level.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inno View Post
Everyone must forget the rags signing Drury & Gomez. Worked out well for a few seasons, then went downhill in a hurry.
Drury was older and everyone said that Gomez contract was stupid, but they turned him into McDonough so Rangers fans would do it again.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoksonhoth View Post
And I still see him as a natural leader. The Wild ditched Schultz who was big in the locker room at the deadline last season and were looking to pick up someone who could take the team to the next level. Parise will really help the pretty large prospect pool that will be making appearances this season and the coming seasons. Not only did the management team want someone who could put the puck away, they wanted someone who could inspire and lead the young kids and show them how to up their game. If he has a couple of great seasons off the bat and starts to slow a bit I'll have no problem with keeping him as long as it gets our up and coming players upping their game to the highest level.
Part of the reason is that Gilbert and Suter are good friends, this was another ploy for the offseason, and it worked.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I think its hilarious that hfboards thinks Minnesota has a small fanbase just because they have a small Hf forum. Haha. Minnesota is one of the most vibrant, passionate, in the DNA hockey fanbases on the planet.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:36 PM
SB164

Old
07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
ewoksonhoth
Most People are DJ's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I think its hilarious that hfboards thinks Minnesota has a small fanbase just because they have a small Hf forum. Haha. Minnesota is one of the most vibrant, passionate, in the DNA hockey fanbases on the planet.

This. Our high school hockey tournament sells more tickets than the high school football tournament in Texas.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
Devil fans really and I mean really have to stop with dismissing the Wild as not being in the same class as them becuase it really doesn't match what the reality of the situtaion is.

The Wild will not be better not nly in the long term as in even starting in 2-3 yrs with the Minny Prospect pool which is full of studs and the 2nd rated overall, but it will also be better even starting this year then the Devils IMO.

This really hurts the Devils and with Marty and Hedberg for another 2 yrs of 80 year old combined goalie tandem and Elias while great last year also being that much closer to 40 and no good prospects outside of Henrique and Larsson there is no reasonable person who would say that the Devils future is even half as bright as the Wilds.

And does anybody really think Zajac isn't bolting next season when he hits UFA?

Devil fans have to saying he just took the money and went to Minny because if it were down to the Devils and Minny you know the devils offer was also ridiculously lucrative and just acknowledge that Zach saw the bright future in Minny and also what keep getting over looked is that outside this semi-cinderalla run the Devils went on as a 13 win shootout winning 6th seed os that Zach has had nothing but mediocre teams and first round flameouts year after year and a crazy coaching carousel almost every season so it was far from all roses for Zach in NJ IMO.
People who give Minny no cred, better go educate themselves on what this team is about to look like soon. We have a whole slew of stud talent all close to busting onto the national scene in the NHL. If your only going to judge Minny by what you seen last season, look again, this roster is starting to change, and has a bunch of young stud players to soon compliment Parise, and Suter, don't forget Koivu, we still have Heatley which played a big part in bringing Parise and Suter back home to Minnesota. Backstrom will be traded by seasons end I'm fairly certain, netting us some other assets I'm sure. Harding is ready to take on the starting job in nets, with the youngster Hackett who looked great last season in nets. The finnish rookie phenom Mikael Granlund will be playing this year for Minnesota, Phillips, and Coyle will have a shot at making the team if not this season, the next for sure. Brodin is supposed to be a future stud playing D. Drafted Matt Dumba this year who looks to be a top notch D also very soon. Can't forget Zucker also adding some good young talent.

I'm making an educated guess all these folks here giving Minnesota no credit what so ever, and figuring Parise and Suter went to a loser, have no clue how bright the Wilds future is looking. These guys knew what they were coming to when they decided to come to Minnesota. This team is about to go studville, and they wanted to come back to their home to be a part of that. Who can blame them?

Old
07-04-2012, 11:43 PM
mgd525

grats wild.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoksonhoth View Post
This. Our high school hockey tournament sells more tickets than the high school football tournament in Texas.
Good point, Minnesota's high school hockey tourney sells more tickets the few days they have the tournament, than many of these NHL teams do during the regular season.

The State of Minnesota produces more American NHL players than any other state in the country. But that don't count either to many of these self proclaimed hockey experts here on these forums.

Don't forget we had the Northstars here in Minnesota before many of these guys even had an NHL franchise. But we get no cred for that either. Somehow we still are nothing but a bunch of hicks here in Minnesota I guess, according to what I see on these boards.

So forgive us Minnesota fans if we seem to be gloating today from time to time, we have been treated like red headed step children here for some time now, getting no respect what so ever. Today is such a good day here in Minnesota to be a hockey fan, and damnit, we deserve it!

Old
07-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Whatever helps you sleep at night. The writing is on the wall. Zach will say whatever he must to assuage his guilty conscience. He left for a reason, and the Devils are monumentally worse because of it.
Yeah, I gave you a reason. And it's not the one you are so desperately clinging to.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Good god this day has been awesome (aside from my laptop's harddrive giving out). Wake up to news of the Wild signing not one, but both of the big free agents out there, I grilled and ate brats, burgers, chicken, and sausage to my hearts content, and finally, I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the ******** and all the criticism from the internet about Suter and Parise. What a day.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:07 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Then you should not be all that upset that he is gone. Especially since as you pointed out he is overpaid.
I shouldn't be upset he's gone?

He was our captain and our best all around player the last 4-5 years.

I'm glad his contract isn't on our payroll but I'm very upset he's no longer playing in NJ.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Jimmy McNulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Gaborik got 6.3 million per year and he's more injury prone than Parise. That's only 1.2 million more than Gaborik.
Check again, Gaborik got $7.5, just like Parise. And remember that $7.5 million now is equivalent to about $6 million when Gaborik signed!

Old
07-05-2012, 12:17 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Anyone watch Dreger on TSN? He almost sounds frustrated and pissed that ZP and RS both signed in Minnesota.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Avim86

I hate to say it but Zach Parise stats look an awful lot like Gomez stats before going down hill after signing a huge contract...
I'm hoping it doesn't happen for Zach as I really like his game but he's a smallish player that plays a gritty/dangle hybrid , I see that taking a toll on him , if he ends up being a 65-75 pts at best 80-85pts (if he really clicks with Mikko) is that really worth 7.5 Mil for 12 years?

Last edited by Avim86: 07-05-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old
07-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Dalton

Great news for Wild fans. Congrats. Two home town talents coming back to play. Great decision. I'm genuinely happy for Minnesota fans. Minnesota is an elite hockey town. Honorary Canadians if you don't mind me saying so.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:36 AM
LordFletcher

Thanks to NHL fans everywhere for the kind words today...

I honestly can't describe how good today has been to the 'state of hockey'. Tears were shed, smiles were huge, all in all, one of the best days of my life and a puck was never dropped.

Happy birthday America and happy Chuck Fletcher day to all!

Closed Thread