HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players who are willing to sacrifice

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2006, 04:13 PM
KaptainKourage*

vCash: 500
Koivu completely invisible ?? Are you kidding me ?
He play a very good game yesterday.. people are bashing him for nothing. « Blablabla, we pay him 4.5M and he dont even score 20 goals blablabla hes not a 1st line centre blablabla » first of all hes NOT a scorer, and Koivu could reach the 5M if he go to the UFA market imo and its very unlikely we sign a number 1 center at 4.5M this summer.

Koivu is one of the rare Habs play hard EVERY night. We DONT have enough Koivu.

Old
04-16-2006, 04:16 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeshow
you're like wildone, except 30% as intelligent.

Thanks ! I love you !

Old
04-16-2006, 04:17 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79
Koivu completely invisible ?? Are you kidding me ?
He play a very good game yesterday.. people are bashing him for nothing. « Blablabla, we pay him 4.5M and he dont even score 20 goals blablabla hes not a 1st line centre blablabla » first of all hes NOT a scorer, and Koivu could reach the 5M if he go to the UFA market imo and its very unlikely we sign a number 1 center at 4.5M this summer.

Koivu is one of the rare Habs play hard EVERY night. We DONT have enough Koivu.

I am looking forward to see Saku in his Finnish jersey at the next World Championship. Tht's the only time I can notice him on the ice.

Old
04-16-2006, 04:18 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué
I am looking forward to see Saku in his Finnish jersey at the next World Championship. Tht's the only time I can notice him on the ice.
What has your boy Ribeiro been doing lately... Where was he the last playoffs when Captain Koivu was leading the team and shutting down Joe Thornton?

Old
04-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand
What has your boy Ribeiro been doing lately... Where was he the last playoffs when Captain Koivu was leading the team and shutting down Joe Thornton?
Flopping on the ice of course.

Old
04-16-2006, 04:24 PM
ryanghg

What's with all the negative threads on this board and hating right before the playoffs....it's the best time of the year! Playoffs start and all the girls are out in their short skirts and tank tops.

WHERE'S THE LOVE!

Old
04-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfool
Nice you probably have a Crystal Ball
I don't know about a crystal ball, but we do have a cristo-bal. Hopefully that will be enough!

Old
04-16-2006, 04:54 PM
habkid73

koivu is our captain,. and captains are supposed to lead!!i don't care how hard he played or tried,,all that matters is the final score.theres no excuses!!i love koivu myself ,,but he has to show up and deliver on tuesday,,,pure and simple.he will get what he deserves if he doesn't.and it is true about wearing his home countries jersey,,i think he should wear it under his hab jersey tues.

Old
04-16-2006, 04:56 PM
habkid73

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand
ribs is creating just as many chances as koivu.anyone notice saku seems alittle tired out there or is it just me .

Old
04-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habkid73
ribs is creating just as many chances as koivu.anyone notice saku seems alittle tired out there or is it just me .
Ok, so because he's the captain of the team, he can't be tired? C'mon kid, we are ending the season, many players are tired at this point...

Old
04-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by habkid73
koivu is our captain,. and captains are supposed to lead!!i don't care how hard he played or tried,,all that matters is the final score.theres no excuses!!i love koivu myself ,,but he has to show up and deliver on tuesday,,,pure and simple.he will get what he deserves if he doesn't.and it is true about wearing his home countries jersey,,i think he should wear it under his hab jersey tues.
Please, Koivu like most of the whole team played a good game on saturday. Miller just owned us.

Blocked shots are a very misleading stat when it comes to the CH, Markov rarely blocks shots but that's because he strips it away. It is equivalent to Mckee's shot blocking, who by the way is an outstanding defensive force that blocks shooting lanes relentlessly. That being said, the reason he and the rest of the Buffalo team had so many blocked shots was because the Canadians either shot directly at them or waited too long and let the defenders close on them in the slot. It happened at least 10 times in the game where we were passing it around in the slot and we simply waited too long for the shot and then it all collasped on us. We retained the majority of possession, logic dictates that they'll block more shots than us.

As for Koivu only playing for the Suomi, I don't even need to actually answer that. Sure he coastes sometimes during an 82 game season, no athele however dedicated is able to bring high-intensity all the time, especially playing 20 plus minutes a game. Don't say Begin because he plays like 9 minutes and he has coasted this year except people don't notice it cuz he throws checks around which imprints itself more in the memory. The reason Koivu is the man for Finland is the same reason he crushes it in the playoffs; shorter time-span = easier to maintain high-intensity. Federov despite his recent woes was the perfect example of this; he was relative lackluster during the regular season by his potential talent but he was beast during the postseason because he didn't destroy himself beforehand.

This all being said, tuesday is a playoff game and like you said, no excuses will be tolerated.

Old
04-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Pfff .. pathetic thread !
the habs problems is not blockhing shots but shooting on the nets !
and stop with the euros are ***** and all ...
it's not true at all ... yesterday perezhogin was amazing and I find it funny that everybody want his head .. same with koivu and others ..
If they were with another team you'll complain that they give more effort than when they played here (which wouldn't be true at all !)
anyway stay positive and watch us make the playoff !!

Old
04-16-2006, 06:23 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
Pfff .. pathetic thread !
the habs problems is not blockhing shots but shooting on the nets !
and stop with the euros are ***** and all ...
it's not true at all ... yesterday perezhogin was amazing and I find it funny that everybody want his head .. same with koivu and others ..
If they were with another team you'll complain that they give more effort than when they played here (which wouldn't be true at all !)
anyway stay positive and watch us make the playoff !!

You're right. I didn't think grit or effort was an issue last night. They needed one more puck to go in, simple as that, one rebound in the crease instead of the slot [or **** as the case may be] and we're having a different conversation.

Old
04-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsBaby18
yeah when you shoot in the ****
Shooting in the **** gives you Herpes, which I guess does count as sacrificing your body.

Old
04-16-2006, 06:42 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
You're right. I didn't think grit or effort was an issue last night. They needed one more puck to go in, simple as that, one rebound in the crease instead of the slot [or **** as the case may be] and we're having a different conversation.
Lets just call it "the crease"... hmm.. that's no better at all!

Old
04-16-2006, 06:54 PM
habs_24x

thread title says "willing to sacrifice"... i was thinking, would a player take a run at Brodeur to get him out of the game? i know its not right but beating Brodeur is almost impossible right now and missing the playoffs would be terrible... you think some players are thinking about it?

Closed Thread