HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Trade Proposals

Old
07-04-2012, 07:40 AM
welcometothebigshow2

vCash: 500
I think a potential trade between Rimouski and Moncton could be made. Moncton is looking for another top six forward, and Rimouski is looking to add to their crop of 95s. So here is what I came up with:
To Rimouski
Brandon Shea (of course if he will report)
Jacob Sweeney
3rd Round (2013)
To Moncton
Peter Trainor
Scott Oke
5th Round (2014)
Then at the draft, Rimouski can swap that third for anyone of Belliveau, Labbe, CentisJorge, or Pitre. It would definetly be a blockbuster but would help both teams out.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:05 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
I think a potential trade between Rimouski and Moncton could be made. Moncton is looking for another top six forward, and Rimouski is looking to add to their crop of 95s. So here is what I came up with:
To Rimouski
Brandon Shea (of course if he will report)
Jacob Sweeney
3rd Round (2013)
To Moncton
Peter Trainor
Scott Oke
5th Round (2014)
Then at the draft, Rimouski can swap that third for anyone of Belliveau, Labbe, CentisJorge, or Pitre. It would definetly be a blockbuster but would help both teams out.
A blockbuster?
Where is the meat on the Moncton side?

You want Trainor,Oke and a 5th for Shea who will not report,Sweeney who has 9 games played in the Q and is unproven(the same as if the Titan would propose Gosselin who will be as good)......how about adding your 2nd round 2013 to your package and a midrounder too?

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:17 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
A blockbuster?
Where is the meat on the Moncton side?

You want Trainor,Oke and a 5th for Shea who will not report,Sweeney who has 9 games played in the Q and is unproven(the same as if the Titan would propose Gosselin who will be as good)......how about adding your 2nd round 2013 to your package and a midrounder too?
Shea will report. In his father's quote" he sees Brandon playing in the Q next season , but in a different uniform..

I think this would be closer:

To Moncton: Trainor , 3rd

To Moncton : Shea , Sweeney

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:35 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Shea will report. In his father's quote" he sees Brandon playing in the Q next season , but in a different uniform..

I think this would be closer:

To Moncton: Trainor , 3rd

To Moncton : Shea , Sweeney
Balonee must be your preferred meat as you are full of it....show me where Shea says he will report LATELY, not quotes from 3 months ago.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:43 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Balonee must be your preferred meat as you are full of it....show me where Shea says he will report LATELY, not quotes from 3 months ago.
If he dosnt report , the trade wont happen. Its as simple as that.And Ill find a quote for you saying he'll report to another QMJHL..

Old
07-04-2012, 10:45 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

Old
07-04-2012, 12:17 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Id personaly do Shea and Sweeney for Tesink. Just because we have 10-12 Q calibre dmen but I think Saint John would have to add.
who are the 10-12 "Q calibre" dmen you keep referring too??

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:24 PM
chsb

Quote:
If he dosnt report , the trade wont happen. Its as simple as that.And Ill find a quote for you saying he'll report to another QMJHL..
That was 3 months ago before he got drafted in the USHL....I put my money there.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:29 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
When did Ashley and Ciampini become SeaDogs ???

And I took the only 17 year old I thought expendable.
What is the link to the seadogs??

You were suggesting Mathieu Gagnon to Halifax.

You dream on if you think you can have one of the top qb in the league (62 points this year) for a 6th rounder and a 1st in 2 years. especially in a year where there is a shortage of quality defensmen.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:55 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
who are the 10-12 "Q calibre" dmen you keep referring too??
Downe, Melindy , Emond, Racine, Wood, Sweeney , McGurty, Labbe,Belliveau, MacDonald, Lund and Roussy. Theres also the unlikely possibility of Matheson and Florentino..

Old
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
That was 3 months ago before he got drafted in the USHL....I put my money there.
Well how much ?? Cause it was after he was drafted in the USHL cause his father was brushing off him playing there by saying " hes sees him in the Q next season but on a diff team and that hardly any of the rumours circulating were true"

Old
07-04-2012, 04:40 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Downe, Melindy , Emond, Racine, Wood, Sweeney , McGurty, Labbe,Belliveau, MacDonald, Lund and Roussy. Theres also the unlikely possibility of Matheson and Florentino..
Belliveau is not Q ready.. McCabe and Mann are both better than him IMO. I honestly don't think he should've been drafted last year, kind of a hometown type thing, but he would've been drafted in the later rounds this year. Some players that play in his league: Luke McIsaac, Brandon Gaudet, Nathan Ellis, Brandon Carrier are just a few that are more developed than him. I know it really isn't a big deal as they do have good depth on D, but thought Id jump in here..
And did you ever see Lund play? I didn't but I heard (?) that he is actually a forward, but Im not positive on that.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:21 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Belliveau is not Q ready.. McCabe and Mann are both better than him IMO. I honestly don't think he should've been drafted last year, kind of a hometown type thing, but he would've been drafted in the later rounds this year. Some players that play in his league: Luke McIsaac, Brandon Gaudet, Nathan Ellis, Brandon Carrier are just a few that are more developed than him. I know it really isn't a big deal as they do have good depth on D, but thought Id jump in here..
And did you ever see Lund play? I didn't but I heard (?) that he is actually a forward, but Im not positive on that.
You're right , he is a forward. I mixed up Lund with McCabe. Im talking about the Wildcats 2012 draftee who played AAA , not the free agent. McCabe, from the Island is Q ready IMO, and yes I've watched him 3 times and have spoken to several people who watched him in Charlottetown. Do you know wether or not Simpson is a D or forward?

Old
07-04-2012, 07:27 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
As far as Belliveau , we have a difference in opinion. Watched him more than half a dozen times and he is ready to take the #7 D position. Hope he has a good off-season and puts on some size. I watched all 3 games he played with the Wildcats last season. He did look small and a bit nervous but skated well , was poise and made some decent passes. His biggest challenge will be to get bigger. I'm not saying he makes the Wildcats for sure , but with a good training camp hopefull he can be moved to a team with less depth. I heard Sherbrooke were fairly intrested in him and would't be surprised if he ended up there.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:31 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
You're right , he is a forward. I mixed up Lund with McCabe. Im talking about the Wildcats 2012 draftee who played AAA , not the free agent. McCabe, from the Island is Q ready IMO, and yes I've watched him 3 times and have spoken to several people who watched him in Charlottetown. Do you know wether or not Simpson is a D or forward?
If your talking about Mark Simpson, he plays forward.. And to your other post, I just think at 5-9/5-10 he needs to bulk up a bit more. He is smart, and brings energy (not hitting just the way he plays), but a year in Junior A would be great for him, and then I could definetly see him as a bottom pairing dman.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:40 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
If your talking about Mark Simpson, he plays forward.. And to your other post, I just think at 5-9/5-10 he needs to bulk up a bit more. He is smart, and brings energy (not hitting just the way he plays), but a year in Junior A would be great for him, and then I could definetly see him as a bottom pairing dman.
No , I'm talking about a free agent named Jake Simpson. He's not listed on hockeydb.com , however played a couple of games in the CCJHL last season. He's on Moncton's training camp roster and is listed as a 6'4 dman but I'm told he too is a forward but from a pretty unrliable source. As far as Belliveau, I believe if he bulks up this season he could play on a bottom team.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:43 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
No , I'm talking about a free agent named Jake Simpson. He's not listed on hockeydb.com , however played a couple of games in the CCJHL last season. He's on Moncton's training camp roster and is listed as a 6'4 dman but I'm told he too is a forward but from a pretty unrliable source. As far as Belliveau, I believe if he bulks up this season he could play on a bottom team.
I do think he could play on a team like Sherbrooke, Shawinigan, or Victo, but what Im trying to say is he isn't your average Q calibre defenceman. And I know nothing about Jake Simpson..

Old
07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
I do think he could play on a team like Sherbrooke, Shawinigan, or Victo, but what Im trying to say is he isn't your average Q calibre defenceman. And I know nothing about Jake Simpson..
I agree he isn't averge. I was just saying "Q callibre" because ,imo, he is capable of playing on some team in this league next season. Most likely a weak team, but in the QMJHL.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:15 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
What is the link to the seadogs??

You were suggesting Mathieu Gagnon to Halifax.

You dream on if you think you can have one of the top qb in the league (62 points this year) for a 6th rounder and a 1st in 2 years. especially in a year where there is a shortage of quality defensmen.
You suggested I'm a Seadogs fan...

I suggested that as a starting point..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 06:05 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
really.....half of those players have played less than 20 games in the Q, and they are Q caliber?!!? you must be a clairvoyant or something....

wood - 29 games
sweeney - 9 games
Labbe - 5 games
Belliveau - 3 games
McGurty - 49 games (and many healthy scratches...on a defense not as good as they will have this year)
Roussy - 59 games (bottom pairing, again, on a defense not as good as they will have this year)
Lund ???
Matheson ?? (he looks good...but read the scouting reports. He struggled mightily in the second half of the USHL season. It's not a given that he will be a standout this year if he plays)
Florentino ??? (really...you already know he's ready !!!)

Last edited by ClemQ: 07-05-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old
07-05-2012, 09:03 AM
CH4

Quote:
yes BC would definately decline.

They're happy with Cadorette and needs to ice a winning team now.

Hudon is untouchable for us.

Mathieu gagnon might end up in halifax or something. Great PP qb.
Quote:
I'd say a 2nd 2013, a good kid 16-17 years old right now and a sweet compensation next year would do it.
Quote:
Alcade+2014 1st ?
Quote:
no I didn't say a 6th round this year and a 1st 2014.

It'll take much more then this for one of the best def. in the league.

I could see 2nd 2013, 1st 2014 and 2nd 2014 with a 2014 pick returned to you for Ashley or Ciampini next year.
Quote:
When did Ashley and Ciampini become SeaDogs ???

And I took the only 17 year old I thought expendable.
Quote:
You suggested I'm a Seadogs fan...

I suggested that as a starting point..
I know my english isn't perfect but I don't see where or how I related in any ways to the Seadogs in this thread.

Alcade + 2014 first when our big year should be 2014 and 2015 is just way off IMO.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:25 AM
chsb

Quote:
really.....half of those players have played less than 20 games in the Q, and they are Q caliber?!!? you must be a clairvoyant or something....
Indeed!

Old
07-05-2012, 09:59 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Indeed!
Every guy listed could play on one of Sherbrooke, Drummondville, Victoriaville, Shawinigan, PEI, Bathurst and MAYBE Chicoutimi (better guys, ie McGurty, Roussy, Sweeney and obviously Melindy, Downe, Racine, Emond)

Old
07-05-2012, 10:11 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Every guy listed could play on one of Sherbrooke, Drummondville, Victoriaville, Shawinigan, PEI, Bathurst and MAYBE Chicoutimi (better guys, ie McGurty, Roussy, Sweeney and obviously Melindy, Downe, Racine, Emond)

its amazing to me to know that fans of the wildcats know that their picks are already better than all the picks from the teams mentionned above!!!! there's no value to any of those players unless the teams actually have a need for defensemen and they havent drafted any! For example: what has Belliveau proven?? he played 3 games, very limited ice time, and he struggled in midget AAA this year. Most scouts and coaches thought he played better last year as a 15yr old in midget. And wildcats scouts admitted to drafting him because they thought he would become another Pierre Durepos - a player who is on the fringe of being drafted one year, and a first rounder the next. They gambled he would develop and have a great year. It hasnt happened. I know the kid and his parents very well. I hope he devellops in a great player, but, saying he's Q calibre!!! come on!! Why would all those teams want him for example, instead of giving their own picks a chance??? i love debating, but keep it realistic.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:38 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
its amazing to me to know that fans of the wildcats know that their picks are already better than all the picks from the teams mentionned above!!!! there's no value to any of those players unless the teams actually have a need for defensemen and they havent drafted any! For example: what has Belliveau proven?? he played 3 games, very limited ice time, and he struggled in midget AAA this year. Most scouts and coaches thought he played better last year as a 15yr old in midget. And wildcats scouts admitted to drafting him because they thought he would become another Pierre Durepos - a player who is on the fringe of being drafted one year, and a first rounder the next. They gambled he would develop and have a great year. It hasnt happened. I know the kid and his parents very well. I hope he devellops in a great player, but, saying he's Q calibre!!! come on!! Why would all those teams want him for example, instead of giving their own picks a chance??? i love debating, but keep it realistic.
I never said that he would play on those teams and i said one of those teams. If your telling me he couldnt play on the PEI Rocket or Victoriaville Tigres next year you've gotta be crazy. But anyways, like I've said before, I am not a fan of any team in the Q, I just enjoy tracking players development. But I have had enough with this argument so I will stop trying..