HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VI: The Nick Rash edition (Fedotenko signs w/ Philly)

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Lone Ranger

vCash: 500
In addition, Howson wants the Cup winning puck that Sykora stole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
Brown, kopitar, daughty, and the Stanley cup is the asking price

Old
07-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
I thought Howson said no, he wants Quick in that deal as well!
Nope. Deal got hung up because Howson was still asking for Kreider.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Is it possible that we're not getting crazy over a top 6 winger in the belief that we got one in Kreider?

Gaborik
Richards
Stepan
Anisimov
Dubinsky
Kreider
Callahan
Hagelin

Isn't that enough where we're not DYING to grab another winger? I'd gladly swap Dubi, Artie + for Ryan, but it's not like we're screwed if we don't.

Get these kids experience, and I believe they'll bring us a Cup.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Is it possible that we're not getting crazy over a top 6 winger in the belief that we got one in Kreider?

Gaborik
Richards
Stepan
Anisimov
Dubinsky
Kreider
Callahan
Hagelin

Isn't that enough where we're not DYING to grab another winger? I'd gladly swap Dubi, Artie + for Ryan, but it's not like we're screwed if we don't.

if kreider chips in 20+, dubi rebounds and our young guys like step, hags, AA, etc get better we will be ok. That's a lot to ask for and even more pressure with Gabs out early and who knows how long it will take him to get back to being his self

Old
07-05-2012, 12:24 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I am not sure anyone will like this ( too much core movement I would presume) - but hear me out:

Flip Dubinsky to St Louis for Berglund (RFA next year) straight up ( maybe add something. Small?)? St Louis needs to add lots of cap to reach floor as of now.
Send Stepan plus nonroster pieces for Ryan
Sign Doan, MDZ, Stralman
Have an organistaional player (Wellman, Hrivik, Haley) fill in as a number 13 while Gabby is out
Or maybe JT Miller -if he has a great camp

Some stats

Berglund
24 yo, 6'3", 220 lbs
170 points - 323 Gp - 0,53 PPG

Ryan
25 yo, 6'2", 216 lbs
270 points - 351 GP - 0,77 PPG

Dubinsky
26 yo 6'1", 210 lbs
240 points - 424 GP - 0,57 PPG

Stepan
22 yo, 6'0", 172 lbs
105 points- 189 GP - 0,56 PPG

Ryan >>> Dubinsky
Berglund <= Stepan
Ryan, Berglund >> Dubinsky Stepan, other nonroster assets
Ryan, Berglund, Doan, Kreider, Pyatt, Asham >>> last years team incl Stepan, Dubinsky, Prust, Mitchell and The Hobbit/Wolski
Sorry! That is the way I would see it. We are trading youth for youth here, not for some old content vets. Upgrading our roster players size and point production. Kind of what LA did this year...
Flame away!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
FORWARDS
Bobby*Ryan ($5.100m) / Brad*Richards ($6.667m) / Shane*Doan ($6.000m)
Chris*Kreider ($1.325m) / Artem*Anisimov ($1.875m) / Ryan*Callahan ($4.275m)
Carl*Hagelin ($0.875m) / Patrik*Berglund ($2.250m) / Taylor*Pyatt ($1.550m)
Mike*Rupp ($1.500m) / Brian*Boyle ($1.700m) / Arron*Asham ($1.000m)
13th fwd in Gabbys abscence - CT player (Haley, Wellman, Hrivik...) or JT Miller

DEFENSEMEN
Marc*Staal ($3.975m) / Dan*Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan*McDonagh ($1.300m) / Michael*Del Zotto ($2.400m)
Tim*Erixon ($1.750m) / Anton*Stralman ($1.200m)
Stu*Bickel ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik*Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin*Biron ($1.300m)

IR
Michael*Sauer ($1.250m)
Marian*Gaborik ($7.500m)

BUYOUTS
Chris*Drury ($1.667m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000
CAP PAYROLL: $67,408,334
DEFERRABLE BONUSES: $2,100,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster incl 2 players on IR): $2,791,666
IR - $8,750,000

When Gabby is back, move Doan down to 3rd line RW and Pyatt to the 4th line
Damn! Vezina winner in goal, best D in the league ( per cap hit dollar) and a brand new upgraded offense!
Bring it on!
Btw, heard today from reliable source that Dallas moved Ribiero due to "off ice issues". I could say more, but will not for now...

Last edited by BBKers: 07-05-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old
07-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:

Gaborik
Richards
Stepan
Anisimov
Dubinsky
Kreider
Callahan
Hagelin

Wouldn't matter. Kreider is top 6. Hags, imo, is a 3rd line guy. We still need a top 6 winger and a pretty decent one at that.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
if kreider chips in 20+, dubi rebounds and our young guys like step, hags, AA, etc get better we will be ok. That's a lot to ask for and even more pressure with Gabs out early and who knows how long it will take him to get back to being his self
If Kreider chips in 20, and Dubi rebounds, that should be enough. Hags was great for a rookie, but couldn't manage to produce come playoffs.

Anisimov seems to be a 40 point defensive 3rd liner, which to be honest, i'm fine with.

Missing a 40 goal scorer for half a year is a problem any way you slice it. That goes double for a team that traditionally wins half (or more) of it's games by 1 goal.

Having a top 9 full of top 6 caliber players would be nice. But I doubt it's sustainable.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:36 AM
rangers5000

lol devils fan now saying parise sucks, typical

good for parise/sutter, not only is it good for rangers but i respect there decision to start there own legacy instead of joining forces with the likes of crosby/malkin

atleast they start on a non playoff team in there backyard with no stars, they win a cup there it means more than jumping on a star studded pens or wings team

Old
07-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Wouldn't matter. Kreider is top 6. Hags, imo, is a 3rd line guy. We still need a top 6 winger and a pretty decent one at that.
I have to disagree, mostly because I'm still not sure what kind of player Hags is going to be. He looked damn good with Richards and Gabby though, creating A LOT of space. If he can learn to create offense by himself, that's a top 6 player to me.

Dubinsky is also a top 6 to me. Remember it was only 1 year ago that the general consensus here was that Dubinsky had more skill than Callahan.

I'm starting to accept that Anisimov is just a very good 3rd liner, who can be slotted higher if needed.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:11 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
lol devils fan now saying parise sucks, typical

good for parise/sutter, not only is it good for rangers but i respect there decision to start there own legacy instead of joining forces with the likes of crosby/malkin

atleast they start on a non playoff team in there backyard with no stars, they win a cup there it means more than jumping on a star studded pens or wings team
yeah, the Stars moved to Dallas. Things are wild in Minny now...

Old
07-05-2012, 02:55 AM
Superstar Carwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Flip Dubinsky to St Louis for Berglund (RFA next year) straight up ( maybe add something. Small?)? St Louis needs to add lots of cap to reach floor as of now.
I would LOVE this move. Berglund is a big body who can both dish passes, score goals and crash the net. He's still young and talented enough to eventually be a PPG guy with the right environment. Ooooh I can just see him and Richards clicking. A first line with Richards, Gaborik and Berglund would be awesome. Oh how I would LOVE this to happen.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:31 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Salary arbitration deadline is today at 5pm. The Rangers have 1 player eligible in Anton Stralman. Re-signing Michael Del Zotto and Stralman will cost between $3.5M-$4M. $1M-$1.25M for Stralman. $2.5M-$2.75M for Del Zotto. The Rangers are operating like a team which believes the upper limit in the next CBA won't be $70.2M. They have $53,783,334 committed for 12 forwards,5 D and 2 goalies. $1,225,000 of that money is in performance bonuses for Kreider,McDonagh and Hagelin. The bonus cushion will return when the new CBA is negotiated.

The Bruins haven't spent a dime. Their owner Jeremy Jacobs knows what Gary Bettman has planned for the next CBA. Boston has $70M committed but that includes performance bonus money and money committed to Marc Savard and Tim Thomas. Even all of the teams which are in the high $60M plus,they can shed salary with a move or two. Boston re-signed their own players.

There aren't that many eligible players for salary arbitration.
Kaleta McGinn Foligno Quincy Versteeg Kostitsyn Weber Fayne Voracek Oshie Perron Franson and Green.

Say the Rangers include Dubinsky and Hagelin as the 2 roster forwards in the Nash deal. Hagelin will be a group II with arb rights next summer. He has another good season over a full 82 game season(assuming no lockout),Hagelin will command $2M-$2.5M next summer. Combined those numbers with Dubinsky's $4.25M,the Rangers aren't adding much cap space with $7.8M for Nash. Darren Helm got $2.125M for 4 years.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Today's episode of As The Nash Turns

Quote:
Granted, Scott Howson’s job as general manager is not an easy one. Nash carries a $7.8 million annual salary-cap hit for the next six seasons. It is a hefty contract to pitch. What is more, this is Nash, the face of the franchise and one of the league’s elite power forwards, and Howson must (and has) demanded a high return. Howson needs NHL-ready forwards as part of a larger package. Otherwise, the Jackets will have no offense whatsoever.

Granted, Nash has a limited-movement clause that further gums the works. Essentially, he can choose his destination, and it has been established that his list includes the New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Jose ... and Detroit. There might be one or two other teams on the list. There also is the possibility Nash will expand the list.
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...red-wings.html

The main theme of column is don't trade Nash to Detroit because Columbus will never compete with them with Nash on the Wings.

The same columnist wrote wrote a week before the draft,Nash would be drafted before the draft for a package "which will set the draft floor on its ear". The draft was two weeks ago.

Sather probably won't give up Miller with 2 roster forwards in the deal. Sather will need Miller to eventually replace one of the forwards lost in the Nash deal.

Would the Rangers include Erixon with the lack of depth on D and the lack of depth to acquire in a trade? Probably not.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Pierre was just on TSN1050 talking about Nash a little, basically said Howson can't worry if he trades Nash within the western conference. Needs to maximize his return. Didn't elaborate on Detroit just said that in this day and age you don't take less from a non conference team to keep the guy from coming back to haunt you. Pretty obvious IMO, you just shouldn't trade within the division.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Bobby Granger

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Granger
Just sign Doan to a 2 year deal.. you get him without giving up any players and would work great in our system.. plus he was captian, and you can't have enough leadership.. next season make a big splash or open up your options come trade deadline

Old
07-05-2012, 07:01 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Granger View Post
Just sign Doan to a 2 year deal.. you get him without giving up any players and would work great in our system.. plus he was captian, and you can't have enough leadership.. next season make a big splash or open up your options come trade deadline

There was a rumor saying he wants a 5 year deal.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:06 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I don't think anyone provided a link to back that up. Some random poster just said that.

Although with how this market is going, I wouldn't be surprised.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:09 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@pghpenguins

#Pens GM Shero: We thought Parise would be a really good fit here in Pittsburgh short-term and long-term

#Pens GM Shero on finding a winger to play with 87: That'd be fantastic. That'd make my life a lot easier. We're getting there.

That self-entitlement.

Why is the Penguins brass talking to the media about losing out on a free agent that had nothing to do with their team? It's ridiculous. They think they can have everything. The rigged 2005 lottery isn't enough for you? **** off.
Well they didnt rig it ,Betman did because they were crying they were going into bankruptcy and the only way they could build a new arena is if they were to get Crosby.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

The last thing I want is Crosby to get his Kurri. Really don't think they have the assets required to land a big fish could see them getting someone like Stewart out of STL maybe, just as a name I have no idea of his availability.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:27 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
thats just silly talk lol. guy is 35

Old
07-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
thats just silly talk lol. guy is 35
yea 2 yr - 4.5-5 million is what he will get. He may try to eek that 3rd yr but that's not a good idea for anyone. At this point I would just wait to see what Doan does. UFA list stinks and they dont have to make a trade

Hagelin, Richards,Gaborik, Kreider, Stepan, Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Pyatt, Rupp, Boyle, Asham.........they have 12 F

Some think we will get a Dman for depth but I dont see it. If Sauer is heatlhy and Erixon or McIlrath steps up they are fine.

G, Lundqvist, Biron, SAMe
D McDonaugh, Staal, Del Zotto
Girardi, Sauer, Erixon, Stralman, Bickel

CT- Newbury, Haley, Wellman, Hrivik, Bourque, Yogan, Miller, Thomas
Vernance, McIlrath, Talbot

Old
07-05-2012, 07:52 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Say the Rangers include Dubinsky and Hagelin as the 2 roster forwards in the Nash deal. Hagelin will be a group II with arb rights next summer. He has another good season over a full 82 game season(assuming no lockout),Hagelin will command $2M-$2.5M next summer. Combined those numbers with Dubinsky's $4.25M,the Rangers aren't adding much cap space with $7.8M for Nash. Darren Helm got $2.125M for 4 years.
If we're including 2 roster players, I would rather it be Dubi and Artie. I still think Artie can produce more offensively, but I don't think he'll ever be a consistent 60 point player. And I'd like to keep Hagelin for his speed. We need more players who can stretch the defense.

Artie will be arbitration eligible next season too. 3rd contract.

And to be fair, you also have to factor in the cost of replacing Hagelin/Artie.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
I have to disagree, mostly because I'm still not sure what kind of player Hags is going to be. He looked damn good with Richards and Gabby though, creating A LOT of space. If he can learn to create offense by himself, that's a top 6 player to me.

Dubinsky is also a top 6 to me. Remember it was only 1 year ago that the general consensus here was that Dubinsky had more skill than Callahan.

I'm starting to accept that Anisimov is just a very good 3rd liner, who can be slotted higher if needed.
dubinsky does have more skill, but he's extremely unreliable and has no mental endurance. we can't expect him to jump back up.

i'd personally rather hagelin in a top 6 role than cally if we get a new 40 goal guy, but neither one is a true top 6 player.

hagelin doesn't have a great shot. he doesn't have elite passing. all he has is his skating. do we honestly think he can play 82 games +playoffs @20m a night w/o being absolutely exhausted?

hagelin put up 38 points as a rookie in 64 games. that's a pace of 48.69 points in an 82 game season. if he scores 2 more points throughout the season in his sophomore year that's 50 points... i was extremely happy with that out of stepan-- and hagelin's legs are obviously better. certainly acceptable for a kid in a premier year. hagelin was a +21 for the season.

callahan plays a much more physical, gritty style than hagelin. being able to play with that style on the 3rd line and still put up 50 points would be incredible as a whole. believe it or not he'd still be able to play 20-25 minutes a night on a 3rd line role. w/ pp, pk, and of course the occasional shift in for whoever isn't working out. callahan was a -8 for the season. he scored 54 points in 76 games

going into next season i'd expect to see something like:

hagelin/richards/gaborik(cally to start)
kreider/stepan/FA(semin?)
dubinsky/anisimov/pyatt(to start the season)
rupp/boyle/asham

of course with the potential of somebody moving in a trade
reason for semin is the fact that he is likely cheaper an a short term deal. he'd be forced into a leadership role on that line due to his age, and kreider/stepan have the level heads that he needs to keep him in line... and most importantly we would not lose any assets to get him. he's a low-risk high-reward move.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Columbus writers all over the Rangers this morning, trying to tell Sather it's going to take more than what he's offering. Keep throwing these other teams out there, only time will tell whether or not they are serious.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Andrew Gross‏@AGrossRecord

Will be on NHL Home Ice on Sirius/XM at 945am talking #NYR and #NJDevils and the next moves for those teams. Give a listen.
i only have xm in my car...ill just go sit in my driveway and listen lol...great day to be on vacation! lol

Closed Thread