HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

TV4's WC Announcers

Old
05-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Snurrfint

vCash: 500
I think that Rönnqvist is good compared to the other ones.
Boork is a joke and should never be allowed to talk on television again.

I just watched the aftergame interview with Varlamov after his shutout against the germans and i now dislike that female also. How can you ask "do you think that you were perfect today?" after a shutout? what is he going to answer? no? yes? maybe? Surprised by the english from varlamov also. Really good!

My personal favorite is actually Mikael Renberg. Mainly because he doesnt talk that much and i like that he says things when there are items to be adressed. Not talk out of your ass and sound retarded.

Snurrfint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:15 AM
icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurrfint View Post
I just watched the aftergame interview with Varlamov after his shutout against the germans and i now dislike that female also. How can you ask "do you think that you were perfect today?" after a shutout? what is he going to answer? no? yes? maybe?
Swedish interviewers down at the rink has always been a joke. I never look at the interviews in the intermissions or after the game (during the SEL season as well). I get so embarrassed.

In the intermission:
Reporter: "You scored a goal. Was it important?"
Player: "Eh, yes. Every goal is important."
Reporter: "How did scoring the goal make you feel?"
Player: "Eh, scoring a goal always makes you feel good."

After the game:
Reporter: "You won the game. Was it important?"
Player: "Eh, yes. Every win is important."
Reporter: "How did winning the game make you feel?"
Player: "Eh, winning always makes you feel good."

And thank god Max Grinndal is in Finland during the WC, and not in Sweden being a pest during the games in Sthlm. He is the world champion when it comes to brain dead questions.

Last edited by icing: 05-09-2012 at 02:20 AM.
icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:56 AM
Snurrfint

Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
Swedish interviewers down at the rink has always been a joke. I never look at the interviews in the intermissions or after the game (during the SEL season as well). I get so embarrassed.

In the intermission:
Reporter: "You scored a goal. Was it important?"
Player: "Eh, yes. Every goal is important."
Reporter: "How did scoring the goal make you feel?"
Player: "Eh, scoring a goal always makes you feel good."

After the game:
Reporter: "You won the game. Was it important?"
Player: "Eh, yes. Every win is important."
Reporter: "How did winning the game make you feel?"
Player: "Eh, winning always makes you feel good."

And thank god Max Grinndal is in Finland during the WC, and not in Sweden being a pest during the games in Sthlm. He is the world champion when it comes to brain dead questions.
TV4 probably remembers the Alfredsson thing and banished Grinndal because of that

On a more serious note. How come the interviewers are so bad at english? I mean if a young Daugavins or Varlamov is much better then something is wrong.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:24 AM
joe89

Granqvist and Edlund are the only good when it comes to actually commentate the games, give excitement. Unger like always tries to make it a sport out of sitting silently, Fredriksson puts you to sleep and Perlskog sounds like he would rather be somewhere else.

Sanny has been a breath of fresh air. You can hear that he's a hockey junkie and really likes to talk hockey. He probably knows more about players than the rest of the TV4 crew combined. He's a little rough around the edges as a color analyst, but once he gets more comfortable he'll be really good. Rönnqvist and Johansson are alright, but would be better suited for studio analysis only. Blomsten, how does he still have a job? Boork shouldn't be on TV, period. Find him a job on the radio. And Suzanne Sjögren, please go ask Marie Lehmann for some English lessons and how to interview.

TV4 should've put Wikegård alongside Granqvist for Sweden's games. Made a studio with Jihde, Rönnqvist and Johansson. Tell Jihde to tone down a bit, go back to what made him good in the first place, let the experts take place. Then assign a second commentator pairing of Edlund and Sanny to do the big games not Tre Kronor. Finally, put Perlskog and the rest of the gang to commentate the likes of Italy, France and Kazakhstan.

Last edited by joe89: 05-09-2012 at 11:39 AM.
joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:57 PM
WayneBruce

I remember the good old days of the 2006 olympics, Härenstam and Wikegård as commentator/expert and Tornberg in the studio. Renberg is so frustrating to listen to, he always states the obvious and he does not know a thing about players outside the SEL. Prior to this years WC he tried make a 1 minute description of Viktor Stalberg as a player and he did not even mention the word speed....he did not know anything about Filip Forsberg before the WJC either and apparently thinks that Brodin is great offensively but too bad in his own end to make the WC this year... the guy put up 8 points this year and no goal..

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Padan

Am I the only one who prefer Niklas rather than brother Peter Jihde? I just can't stand Peter because he's so high on himself and always try to say something funny just to be in the spotlight all the time, while Niklas really takes interest in the people that he's talking to.

Padan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padan View Post
Am I the only one who prefer Niklas rather than brother Peter Jihde? I just can't stand Peter because he's so high on himself and always try to say something funny just to be in the spotlight all the time, while Niklas really takes interest in the people that he's talking to.
Niklas is more humble and inviting, Peter Jihde used to be good, but he's too "Idol" nowadays.

Boork always wants to have a unique opinion because he knows that if his prediction comes through, he'll end up being "Mr Hockey". Renberg is awful as mentioned, in general I think we lack good secondary commentators, but thank goodness for guys like Granqvist and Härenstam.

Lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:24 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padan View Post
Niklas has become much better than his brother when it comes to hockey studios. Peter just can't get enough of himself. He should be doing the family crap shows and stick to it. He's flown his mission as a sports guy.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
bp spec

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
He's the Glenn Hysén of Swedish hockey.
What do you mean? Glenn is a Liverpool fan, you really can't go wrong with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
I'm defenitely not a fan either. He's such a homer. I remember about two years ago, he claimed Niklas Kronwall to be the NHL's second best defenseman after only Lidstrom.

Worse: In another Red Wings game, he claimed that Jonathan Ericsson's break out passes are top 3 in the league.
To be honest, I haven't noticed that Calle is a homer. The games I've watched and he has been the expert have mostly been Flyer games. There was one game when the Flyers actually played the Red Wings with him as the expert, but I didn't pay attention to any homerism. It could be there as you say but I haven't noticed it. I like his stories about his time in the NHL, and the general knowledge about the league etc. I think he does well as an expert as well in the studio.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Man... I used to think that Lasse Granqvist was a knowledgeable announcer, but he's been embarrassing himself this WC.

"Fasth better watch out, because he is fair game outside of his crease."

"Landeskog and Daugavins surely have had a lot of battles when Colorado and Ottawa play each other."

"There's gotta be some prior history between Franzén and Yemelin!" (about 10 times)

His inability to pronounce McDonell and Goren correctly in the playoffs was infuriating as well.

One more: "Jass and Karlsson might have history as well!" Wow...

Last edited by Systemfel: 05-15-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:42 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Man... I used to think that Lasse Granqvist was a knowledgeable announcer, but he's been embarrassing himself this WC.

"Fasth better watch out, because he is fair game outside of his crease."

"Landeskog and Daugavins surely have had a lot of battles when Colorado and Ottawa play each other."

"There's gotta be some prior history between Franzén and Yemelin!" (about 10 times)

His inability to pronounce McDonell and Goren correctly in the playoffs was infuriating as well.

One more: "Jass and Karlsson might have history as well!" Wow...
Those two are on Boork

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:03 PM
kuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
Those two are on Boork
Last one was Granqvist.

kuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:56 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

"nåväl"...

Granqvist.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:10 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Boork...wtf.
6.20 - 6.33

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:20 AM
Snurrfint

Whoever is commentating Slo-Can should be fired asap. The pronunciation of players is terrible. Especially Canadians.

Some of the worst include
Nugent-hopkins -> Nudget-hopins
Bouwmeester -> Boomester

Old
05-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Hybbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurrfint View Post
Whoever is commentating Slo-Can should be fired asap. The pronunciation of players is terrible. Especially Canadians.

Some of the worst include
Nugent-hopkins -> Nudget-hopins
Bouwmeester -> Boomester
Burrows -> Barros

... and the pronounciation of Phaenuf is just god awful.

Hybbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:27 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Pärri.
Nuggent.
Båvmajster.

And my favourite:

Pannöff.

Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:22 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
At least the Kinch era is over, eh boys?
Kinch, P-A Gullö and who was it, Rolle Stoltz(?) did WC -89, the first one on TV3...

The thing that bother me the most is the frequent use of "kommer upp stort".
Just sounds so wrong in swedish, but I guees the kool guys has seen a lot of NHL.
Whatever happened to "prakt/kanon/idiot/super-räddning"?
I might actually prefer "chockräddning" if we have to go nu-swedish, but I'd rather not.
And Boork using "intimidation" when he probably means something else.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Elvs

My favourite pronounciation that I remember, Lasse Kinch's Marty Reasoner from a few years ago. "Ree-Aah-Zoner"...

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote