HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers and Goons

Old
07-05-2012, 09:45 AM
RangersFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
i absolutely loved langdon. he was just so damn smart and tricky during fights. he didn't have the punching power but boy did he win a ton fights out smarting his opponent. and he would fight anyone, much bigger fighters and heavyweights and he would win. sure he didn't KO them, but he would more often than not come out on top. a few that stick out in my mind were his couple of bouts against stu grimson. the grim reaper was a mountain of a man, but langer would always beat him, convincingly too.

RangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
i absolutely loved langdon. he was just so damn smart and tricky during fights. he didn't have the punching power but boy did he win a ton fights out smarting his opponent. and he would fight anyone, much bigger fighters and heavyweights and he would win. sure he didn't KO them, but he would more often than not come out on top. a few that stick out in my mind were his couple of bouts against stu grimson. the grim reaper was a mountain of a man, but langer would always beat him, convincingly too.
Now that last part I don't remember. Langdon struggled greatly against Grimson, hell, from 95-97 it seemed like Big Stu about destroyed all our guys - Langdon, Vandy, Churla.

If Lagndon had a weakness, especially his last couple of years, it was that he struggled with the super heavyweights - Grimson, McCarthy, Brashear, etc.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:02 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack21 View Post
Just in recent history it's crazy if you look at all the goons the rangers have had.

John Scott - Asham - Prust
Brashier - Haley - Orr
Boogaard - Rupp - a few I am forgetting

Who since the lockout has been your favorite fighter?

Most effective?

And who would be the pound for pound best fighter?
i think Haley will be good...but i always a fan of Langdon.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post

You better check your memory banks - or better yet - Youtube. Langdon was beaten to a pulp twice and both times it was by Grimson.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
You better check your memory banks - or better yet - Youtube. Langdon was beaten to a pulp twice and both times it was by Grimson.

Now that's what I remember. Grimson was like one man Ranger wrecking crew at that point.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:50 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

I think it's Sean Avery AINEC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOUWXgFvNIY

KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:55 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
I think it's Sean Avery AINEC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOUWXgFvNIY
Avery fought a number of times for the Rangers. He's the one who took on Carcillo (a much bigger player) after Carcillo wailed on Gaborik. You might not respect him but he took his bumps and bruises for this team. Finished one playoff game with a ruptured spleen. Not saying he should still be here but he was no coward.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:40 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Now that last part I don't remember. Langdon struggled greatly against Grimson, hell, from 95-97 it seemed like Big Stu about destroyed all our guys - Langdon, Vandy, Churla.

If Lagndon had a weakness, especially his last couple of years, it was that he struggled with the super heavyweights - Grimson, McCarthy, Brashear, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Now that's what I remember. Grimson was like one man Ranger wrecking crew at that point.
yeah wow, i guess i really did mix it up there. i think the grimson fights with langdon stood out in my memory, but I must have mixed it up with another series of bouts, now if only i can remember who langdon DID own.

also kids, marijuana abuse in teenage years really does affect memory

RangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:00 PM
eco's bones

It may have been Langdon who got Sam Rosen off his anti-fighting campaign.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote