HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Malkin-CBJ for Nash plus any 3 pieces

Old
07-05-2012, 12:50 AM
PensFever71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Wow some Pens fans are extremely delusional. "Nash and all of CBJ's prospects wouldn't get it done" is laughable.
Then make a suggestion rather than being a thinly veiled troll.

What's fair value between the two teams?

PensFever71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:17 AM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Yes, how dare Pens fans not want to trade the reigning Hart, Art Ross, and Pearson winner for a guy who makes 7.8 mil per to score the same amount of points as Pascal Dupuis, plus a bunch of prospects.
congratulations you have managed to make me laugh on your de valuation of Nash+Murray+Johnson+Johansen

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Hail Stannis

Why in the hell would the Penguins want to do this? We'd lose having a very strong center core; who would replace Malkin on line 2 and what happens to the rest of our center positions? We don't need Nash that badly that we'd give up Geno for him, we can sign/trade for someone else that doesn't involve trading the reigning Hart/Art Ross winner for a winger who could very well be overrated and overpaid. Again...what about this makes sense for the Pens?

Hail Stannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
sorry to disappoint, but I'm trying to flip the whole Nash trade mould, its always been Nash for a lesser player and prospects why not Nash+ or +++ for a better player.
Because no one trades for Nash unless they're a contender. Nash is a very good player. So why would someone trade a better player for him? I honestly don't see the pieces in Columbus for this type of deal. I don't mind some of your D, however not enough to be included in a Malkin deal. I wouldn't want picks as I don't think they'd be high enough to make it matter (although you never know).

I don't think I'd do it for this - unless there were external reasons - him asking for a trade, not extending, etc... and Johansen and Brassard are there as a replacement #2C.

Nash
Johansen
Murray
Brassard (?) Not sure what his value is now... after the coaching change he was decent. But he's not far from Brule status...

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:04 AM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Yes, how dare Pens fans not want to trade the reigning Hart, Art Ross, and Pearson winner for a guy who makes 7.8 mil per to score the same amount of points as Pascal Dupuis, plus a bunch of prospects.
Jack Johnson is a prospect? I see.

JMFJcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

And then lose makin to free agency, also who would he play with after they cripple their team to get him

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:02 AM
Blitzburgh87*

All I see is lots of blah blah YOU GUYS ARE DELUSIONAL and lots of ********. Why is this a proposal?

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:10 AM
JS19
Four Kicks

Malkin, Crosby and Letang for Nash...

It's Howson...you know it.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
I really beg to differ, we are fans and if we take off our fan hats and look at what Nash+Johnson+Murray+Johansen gives the Pens its worth Malkin(but way too much for 2yrs of Malkin) As it is now CBJ would NEVER offer that for 2 years of Malkin, I guess we could say Crosby but just his name sells a ton of tickets so his value is way more than what he does on the ice so for arguments sake lets pretend Malkin just signed a 10 yr @8.7/yr with a NTC but loves the Jackets. They get 2 D studs and 2 forward studs for 1 superstud. Plus it sets the pens up on D and up front. If they would have kept Staal then this would be an amazing trade to make. So since Staal is gone loosing Malkin isn't going to happen but I would sure bet an offer of Nash+Johnson+Murray+Johansen would make him think long and hard.
I LOL'ed hard

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 07:32 AM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Nash
Murray
J. Johnson
Johansen
Umberger
2013 1st
2014 1st

How bad do you want him?

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game View Post
In fairness, is that not what Columbus is asking of others teams for Nash? There's a reason why nobody has bitten at getting Nash yet.

If it were the Leafs (which I am not proposing any sort of trade), they would at least be asking for Gardiner, 1st rounder, another decent prospect, plus another 2nd or 3rd liner.
No. There's no turning this around on CBJ fans as regards the Nash situation.

First, if you notice many CBJ fans in here are saying Pens wouldn't do it any more than Jackets would.

Second, the scenarios are not congruent. There's a difference between trading away your four best players for one super-elite player and four quality pieces, including at least one good current NHL player for one very good player. The difference between the four best players on a roster and four quality pieces is not the same as the difference between Nash and Malkin, organizationally speaking.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Davebo
Le Gros Bill

Quote:
Not a snowball's chance in hell, from either team.

The Pens aren't dealing the reigning Hart, Art Ross, and Pearson winner for anything, and the Jackets aren't gutting their franchise for a player who would leave them outright in 2 years.
Careful - the Oilers once thought that of their superstar, who's 10 times the player Malkin will ever be.

Never say never!

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:45 AM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

as for the proposal i stipulated that Malkin is under the same contract as Crosby. And I am also aware stuff like this is rare but it would be cool.

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:49 AM
gordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Careful - the Oilers once thought that of their superstar, who's 10 times the player Malkin will ever be.

Never say never!
Wayne Gretzky wanted a trade to Los Angeles long before that trade was ever actually completed in 1988. It just wasn't owner Jerry Buss who made the first moves to Peter Pocklington to acquire Gretzky but Gretzky's agent who made noise about him wanting to move on from Edmonton at some point in the future. Los Angeles was always his first choice for a move away from Edmonton that is why LA never really had the pieces to make a Gretzky trade in the first place but it was done anyway.

Last edited by gordie: 07-05-2012 at 09:56 AM.
gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:53 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
So I'm looking at this like the Lindros sit where Malkin is Lindros and CBJ is QUE so If I had a choice of what I wanted from CBJ it would be NASH+Murray+J.Johnson+Johansen but I'm sure there are many posters that know Pits better than i do sooo what 3 other pieces would you want with Nash?
Columbus gets robbed. I don't care if it's Malkin, but they don't decimate their team like that.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
as for the proposal i stipulated that Malkin is under the same contract as Crosby. And I am also aware stuff like this is rare but it would be cool.
It's not just rare, it's unprecedented. No NHL team has ever traded the reigning scoring champ or MVP the season after they won it.

Let alone when the player won both. Let alone when that player is 25.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Canadian Game
Sportsnet sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
No. There's no turning this around on CBJ fans as regards the Nash situation.

First, if you notice many CBJ fans in here are saying Pens wouldn't do it any more than Jackets would.

Second, the scenarios are not congruent. There's a difference between trading away your four best players for one super-elite player and four quality pieces, including at least one good current NHL player for one very good player. The difference between the four best players on a roster and four quality pieces is not the same as the difference between Nash and Malkin, organizationally speaking.
I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the proposal. I'm merely pointing out the fact that Columbus has such a steep asking price for Nash that it could take so much out of another team to get him, just like a Malkin deal to Columbus would. While this is only a proposal thread, it just seems quite hypocritical for a Columbus fan to complain about another team's high asking price of a player, when Scott Howson is asking the same for Nash.

Canadian Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
So I'm looking at this like the Lindros sit where Malkin is Lindros and CBJ is QUE so If I had a choice of what I wanted from CBJ it would be NASH+Murray+J.Johnson+Johansen but I'm sure there are many posters that know Pits better than i do sooo what 3 other pieces would you want with Nash?
Ya no ****, I bet that is what you would want...

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFanSince1989 View Post
You could add the entire Columbus farm system with Nash, and NOT A CHANCE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
This is very bad. I mean you can trade Nash with every single other player on the CBJ roster and all their prospects and Pittsburgh would still say no.
well there you have it

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:29 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
How to really kill the Jackets...

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:33 AM
StrongIslanders90

The best player in the NHL (IMO) is not going anywhere, even for Nash+Murray....

When Healthy Crosby is the best player but Malkin is PITTs security blanket....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 50
Why are you looking at this like Malkin is Lindros? Nash is the one who wants another team.

Hennessy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Quote:
Tell me how Columbus becomes a better team as a result of your proposal. Or did that thought even cross your mind before you started this thread?

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
Why are you looking at this like Malkin is Lindros? Nash is the one who wants another team.
Agreed - this idea the OP has of equating Malkin's current situation in this trade proposal with Lindros' after he was drafted is ludicrous and defies all logic.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post

Never say never!
The Gretzky trade is the most misused and wrongly cited analogy in the history of HF boards. Honesty, everyone needs to just stop citing it if they do not want to look like they have no clue what they are talking about.

'The Trade' as it was known, included a lot of parts, but mostly it included $15 million in 1988 from an owner whose ventures where he actually made money were going belly up. Even given that you can no longer sell players, that would be the equivilent of something like $40 or $50 million today. Where is the $50 million in this deal coming to Pittsburgh? And where is the near bankrupt owner? Last I saw Burkle was worth several billion and was flying people like Bill Clinton around on his private jet Clinton named Air Ron.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote