HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VI: The Nick Rash edition (Fedotenko signs w/ Philly)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
All these tweets and messages about how Nash might expand his list, and teams better pony up talent now, etc etc is all posturing from Howson.
Yep, if teams don't pony up which they won't he'll still be in Columbus in a month and Howson will just keep adding interested teams lol.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I am not sure anyone will like this ( too much core movement I would presume) - but hear me out:

Flip Dubinsky to St Louis for Berglund (RFA next year) straight up ( maybe add something. Small?)? St Louis needs to add lots of cap to reach floor as of now.
Send Stepan plus nonroster pieces for Ryan
Sign Doan, MDZ, Stralman
Have an organistaional player (Wellman, Hrivik, Haley) fill in as a number 13 while Gabby is out
Or maybe JT Miller -if he has a great camp

Some stats

Berglund
24 yo, 6'3", 220 lbs
170 points - 323 Gp - 0,53 PPG

Ryan
25 yo, 6'2", 216 lbs
270 points - 351 GP - 0,77 PPG

Dubinsky
26 yo 6'1", 210 lbs
240 points - 424 GP - 0,57 PPG

Stepan
22 yo, 6'0", 172 lbs
105 points- 189 GP - 0,56 PPG

Ryan >>> Dubinsky
Berglund <= Stepan
Ryan, Berglund >> Dubinsky Stepan, other nonroster assets
Ryan, Berglund, Doan, Kreider, Pyatt, Asham >>> last years team incl Stepan, Dubinsky, Prust, Mitchell and The Hobbit/Wolski
Sorry! That is the way I would see it. We are trading youth for youth here, not for some old content vets. Upgrading our roster players size and point production. Kind of what LA did this year...
Flame away!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
FORWARDS
Bobby*Ryan ($5.100m) / Brad*Richards ($6.667m) / Shane*Doan ($6.000m)
Chris*Kreider ($1.325m) / Artem*Anisimov ($1.875m) / Ryan*Callahan ($4.275m)
Carl*Hagelin ($0.875m) / Patrik*Berglund ($2.250m) / Taylor*Pyatt ($1.550m)
Mike*Rupp ($1.500m) / Brian*Boyle ($1.700m) / Arron*Asham ($1.000m)
13th fwd in Gabbys abscence - CT player (Haley, Wellman, Hrivik...) or JT Miller

DEFENSEMEN
Marc*Staal ($3.975m) / Dan*Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan*McDonagh ($1.300m) / Michael*Del Zotto ($2.400m)
Tim*Erixon ($1.750m) / Anton*Stralman ($1.200m)
Stu*Bickel ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik*Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin*Biron ($1.300m)

IR
Michael*Sauer ($1.250m)
Marian*Gaborik ($7.500m)

BUYOUTS
Chris*Drury ($1.667m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000
CAP PAYROLL: $67,408,334
DEFERRABLE BONUSES: $2,100,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster incl 2 players on IR): $2,791,666
IR - $8,750,000

When Gabby is back, move Doan down to 3rd line RW and Pyatt to the 4th line
Damn! Vezina winner in goal, best D in the league ( per cap hit dollar) and a brand new upgraded offense!
Bring it on!
Btw, heard today from reliable source that Dallas moved Ribiero due to "off ice issues". I could say more, but will not for now...
Good playing around on your part, but it's too bad that the cap will be going down in the new CBA, so while 67.4 million is good under the 70.2 million cap, it will be over the new cap. This is not possible to do.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...ams-favor.html

Portzline is playing up the Wings today. I posted a tweet last night from a Wings beat writer saying Nash and Ryan will end up the Rangers or Flyers. Everyday its a new team with Portzline.
I really think there's a bit of a disconnect here between Columbus (the GM, fans, beat writers) and what Sather is doing.

Sather likes Nash, wants to get Nash, but not so much that it's a must do kind of thing. I think Sather is perfectly content to not trade for Nash at all if it's not the kind of deal he wants. It's been made out to be like the Rangers are so hot after Nash that a deal is inevitable or something, but I really think Sather will let this one slide if it doesn't work out. He's not going to worry about outbidding the Red Wings or hurricanes or something.

Obviously he's not the only one who thinks Nash isn't worth the price being asked, but he's certainly being pushed as the guy who wants Nash more than anyone else and Columbus seems to think that he's just being dumb for not trading all the best assets for Nash, instead of being prudent and not busting the bank for a player the team doesn't absolutely have to have

Old
07-05-2012, 08:57 AM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

I bet we hear how Sather is more concerned with adding RD today.

CoughWeberCough

There are still options at Wing available via UFA.

Basically zippy anyone wants for D via UFA.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Gross Devils talk on SIRIUS XM NHL Home Ice:
(no talk on the rangers, just devils)

Devils-
zp kept it under wraps how much he wanted to go back to minnesota (home)
zp on breakup day gross felt zp would stay with the devils
nj hockey community: fan reaction anger/felt he sold fans bs....zp said he was a loyal guy and was hammered by nj fans on twitter
zp talked about yesterday...how happy his parents were when he was talking about the possibility of playing at home and his parents were even more happy when he said he definitely would. he gets why the nj fans were upset with him, but he said he gave everything he had as a devil.
gross's prediction of next njd captain....zajac/salvador/green/kovalchuck
devils what does lou do? need offense: 1. nash 2. bobby ryan 3. alex semin

Old
07-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Not going to have Gross talk about the Rangers? Weak.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Maineice11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Not going to have Gross talk about the Rangers? Weak.
in his defense and nhl home ice's defense...the big news in nj/ny right now is zp is gone....i think if tom was not on vacation he would have been talking instead of andrew

Old
07-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Mike Modano ‏@9modano
Can I come back and play in Minnesota too..? #northstars

Old
07-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
in his defense and nhl home ice's defense...the big news in nj/ny right now is zp is gone....i think if tom was not on vacation he would have been talking instead of andrew
Yeah, just sucks for us haha.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Maineice11

Quote:
Yeah, just sucks for us haha.
yeah...i hear ya...i feel the same

he'll be back on in the next couple days talking rangers when they land Nash....actually maybe later today since isnt it portzline that said nash would be traded between july 2nd - 5th? lol

Old
07-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
yeah...i hear ya...i feel the same

he'll be back on in the next couple days talking rangers when they land Nash....actually maybe later today since isnt it portzline that said nash would be traded between july 2nd - 5th? lol
Haha yeah about that...

Old
07-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
I know it's not fun for every fan but I enjoy this stuff quite a bit. The anatomy of a deal is really interesting, we see a hell of a lot more of it now a days thanks to twitter and online media.
I agree. On one hand it's frustrating that it's dragging on so much, but on the other, it's cool to see a deal unfold like this. Usually it's just "Rangers trade for so and so.." and nobody ever saw it coming. This has been in the works for months. Pretty crazy stuff.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:15 AM
OverTheCap

I had a hunch the other day that Sather may be hesitant to give up more than 1 roster player in a package for Nash, he is probably offering something similar to the package that was rumored during the deadline.

Columbus needs forwards, but we need forward depth as well. There just may not be a good match here.

Lev may be on to something here... perhaps Portzline and others are playing up how desperate Slats is for Nash.

Sather will wait it out and try to get Nash at his price... but he's not going to up his offer if it means the Rangers will have another hole to fill. I don't think Stepan is going anywhere because a #2C is not so easy to find right now. And, as RB said, losing both Dubi and Arty in the same deal means that we are losing two players who have the capability to play center. It's going to be tough to find cheap replacement players considering how weak the FA market is.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:16 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I really think there's a bit of a disconnect here between Columbus (the GM, fans, beat writers) and what Sather is doing.

Sather likes Nash, wants to get Nash, but not so much that it's a must do kind of thing. I think Sather is perfectly content to not trade for Nash at all if it's not the kind of deal he wants. It's been made out to be like the Rangers are so hot after Nash that a deal is inevitable or something, but I really think Sather will let this one slide if it doesn't work out. He's not going to worry about outbidding the Red Wings or hurricanes or something.

Obviously he's not the only one who thinks Nash isn't worth the price being asked, but he's certainly being pushed as the guy who wants Nash more than anyone else and Columbus seems to think that he's just being dumb for not trading all the best assets for Nash, instead of being prudent and not busting the bank for a player the team doesn't absolutely have to have
Carolina wasn't willing to give up Sutter in a deal for Nash but they gave him up in the Staal. Carolina was not willing to give up a lot for Nash before they made the Staal trade. They have less to trade after making the Staal trade. Rutherford gave up Sutter because he was afraid to lose Staal to the Rangers. We don't know what the Rangers offered for Staal but it was probably a player unavailable in the Nash deal. There is some trepidation in trading for Nash. If there wasn't,he would've been traded by now. So many players have moved without a peep. Richards,Carter and Staal. Philly and Pitt didn't need the media to help create a market for those players.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Maineice11

Quote:
Haha yeah about that...
what? portzline has the inside track and is the most honest reporter in the nhl media....hahaha i cant say that with a straight face lol

Old
07-05-2012, 09:19 AM
howztheglass

haha awesome retweet from jim cerny lol

If Sather gives up that much for Nash I'll vomit...

Why the only 1 that really hurts to lose is Stepan--everyone else has been in the trade from the beginning.Don't get me wrong I DO NOT want to give up Stepan--unless maybe for Ryan(but he's the main piece).

One way or the other we have to figure out what's going on--is Sather playing it cool knowing that Nash will be a Ranger on his terms or is he clueless being lead to believe something else.

My plan get Nash in the next week or so and then move on one way or the other--Doan has already posponed his signing date so looks like he wants to go back to the Coyotes(but is unsure of where the team will play)--I think he would be the perfect Ranger so call his angency on the 9th and offer a 3 year 15 million contact(Most likely will need to beat a 2 year offer).

No Nash/Doan move onto Ryan with the same or close offer that he had for Nash but don't wait around forever.

And the killer if Sather know's he's not getting Nash/Ryan--same offer to Semin as Doan--let's face it we NEED scoring the same players will not get it done even with Keider playing a full season.Gabby's out until December(and unless there's a lock out)we NEED to make up for him being out.

Same players everyone has spoke about but something needs to be done--I think we all can agree on that.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:32 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

He used some of the $2.5M for that hat

Old
07-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Funny bit from DownGoesBrown.com

Quote:
Monday, 9:32 a.m. – During his drive in to the office, Scott Howson begins to feel like all the signs are telling him that now is the time to trade Rick Nash, in the sense that Rick Nash has purchased every billboard in Columbus and they all read “Stop stalling and trade me before I come over there and strangle you”.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:34 AM
mschmidt64

I'm not saying it's a deal breaker but I'd rather not give up JT Miller.

I'd rather give up two roster players. Rather do Dubi/AA or Dubi/Hagelin and then Erixon or Thomas and a pick.

I think this organization needs a legit center prospect in the pipeline and that's Miller.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:35 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I had a hunch the other day that Sather may be hesitant to give up more than 1 roster player in a package for Nash, he is probably offering something similar to the package that was rumored during the deadline.

Columbus needs forwards, but we need forward depth as well. There just may not be a good match here.

Lev may be on to something here... perhaps Portzline and others are playing up how desperate Slats is for Nash.

Sather will wait it out and try to get Nash at his price... but he's not going to up his offer if it means the Rangers will have another hole to fill. I don't think Stepan is going anywhere because a #2C is not so easy to find right now. And, as RB said, losing both Dubi and Arty in the same deal means that we are losing two players who have the capability to play center. It's going to be tough to find cheap replacement players considering how weak the FA market is.
Dubinsky,Erixon,Miller,Thomas and #1.

Quote:
The Rangers, with a plethora of young NHL forwards and forwards on the cusp of playing in the league, have seemed the obvious dance partner for the Blue Jackets since February. But the Rangers have tried to pry Nash from the Blue Jackets without giving up any proven NHL players (other than Brandon Dubinsky) or high-end prospects
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...ams-favor.html

If Erixon and Miller aren't high end prospects,how many guys are?

THN Future Watch. Erixon was #17. Miller was #29. For reference,Justin Schultz was #21. Kreider was #23.

Brooks wrote a few days ago Sather was willing to move 2 NHL roster players and 2 prospects

Quote:
Sather, who is believed willing to move a couple of players off the roster and a pair of prospects for the winger who has scored at least 30 goals five straight years and in seven of the last eight seasons of his 9-year career
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1zl3yrPde

Zipay

Quote:
Should the Rangers acquire Nash, the package is expected to include two roster forwards and a combination of prospects or picks, which means the Blueshirts will likely sign or trade for one more NHL forward.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...deal-1.3820749

Is Sather willing to offer 2 NHL roster forwards only if the rest of the package is lesser in quality?

Howson wants 2 roster players plus Miller plus another assets?

Old
07-05-2012, 09:36 AM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
He used some of the $2.5M for that hat

Player's just don't seem to care about switching teams anymore--it's all about the all mighty dollar..

Hopefully he has a good time playing with Gomez--if he's even around.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Cliffy1814

Am I the only one who thinks all of this talk about stepan being untouchable might be Sather propoganda? I like Stepan and all, but with his skill set I don't see him growing into much more than he is now.
He's not a practicualrly fast or great skater, not overly physical.
He is a very heady player with a nice wrist shot and is a good passer. I don't see him growing into much more.
You take one look at McD or Kreider play and you can envison them becomeing even better in next 2 years.

I might be crazy, but I think the Nash deal gets done and Stepan is the centerpiece.
Mayre this allows Howson to save face (I got stepan away even though Sather had refused to give him up).

Old
07-05-2012, 09:40 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Would Sather trade Dubinsky,Erixon,Miller,Thomas and #1 for Nash today? Probably not. He made that offer with idea of having Nash for the 2012 playoff run.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:41 AM
mschmidt64

Interesting question... who is the better long term center, Stepan or Miller?

Stepan has proven he can play in the NHL but as some have said, has he reached his potential as a pass-first 2nd line center already? Is this what he is?

Is Miller a better scoring center prospect? Maybe we'd rather deal Stepan and keep Miller?

Old
07-05-2012, 09:42 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Funny bit from DownGoesBrown.com
lmao.

Closed Thread