HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 CBJ Development Camp (7/3-7/7)

Old
07-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Hockeyfrilla

vCash: 500
How did Dansk look in net?

Hockeyfrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
I don't claim to be a goalie expert, but the little bit I watched, he didn't stand out over the other goalies (Forseberg, Korpisalo, and Oulette). Granted, I only really focused on Dansk during one 15 minute segment, in which he and Korpisalo were switching in and out, and that is when Korpisalo really impressed me.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i caught a little before camp, they were doing some positioning drills with three coaches shooting around the goalies...

Dansk didn't seem to do well in that, he couldn't get to the post and protect well...forsberg and Korpisalo both did really well...Dansk had a good day 1, not so good day 2

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i caught a little before camp, they were doing some positioning drills with three coaches shooting around the goalies...

Dansk didn't seem to do well in that, he couldn't get to the post and protect well...forsberg and Korpisalo both did really well...Dansk had a good day 1, not so good day 2
Dansk does not look 6'2" either. All 4 goalies are listed as that height, and Forseberg and Korpisalo look noticable taller than Dansk. I know thats not a big deal as players fudge height and weight all the time.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Dansk does not look 6'2" either. All 4 goalies are listed as that height, and Forseberg and Korpisalo look noticable taller than Dansk. I know thats not a big deal as players fudge height and weight all the time.
Don't they have an official height/weight recorded at the combine?

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Small. I agree with the other posters, his height on the roster sheet couldn't have been listed accurately.

Derby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:23 PM
JacketsFanWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Letestu View Post
Don't they have an official height/weight recorded at the combine?
Yep. Official stats for Dansk: Oscar Dansk: 6’2.5″ 187 lbs

http://lastwordonsports.com/2012/06/...s-and-weights/

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:25 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

So my friend who went to day 2 but not day 1 said he thought Korpisalo was good, Forsberg was good, Dansk was bad, and he thought Murray looked slow and "over-matched" is what he said. I wasn't there, but was any of this true?

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
So my friend who went to day 2 but not day 1 said he thought Korpisalo was good, Forsberg was good, Dansk was bad, and he thought Murray looked slow and "over-matched" is what he said. I wasn't there, but was any of this true?
Even if it was (which I disagree with), I wouldn't see any cause for concern.

I actually had a discussion about this with Mrs. Bee at lunch. We went to Five Guys at Polaris, and she was looking through the roster sheet that she'd picked up down at camp. I started comparing it to football, and the next thing I know, I've got the bag torn open across the table and am using french fries to illustrate what I was talking about.

Basically, a camp like this is going to be a chance for everyone to demonstrate their physical skills. It's a lot like what they say in football, which is that "everyone looks good in shorts and t-shirts". Whether it carries over to a game situation is a hell of a lot more important. We saw how many previous development camps where everyone looked like a budding NHL star, then they'd get out in there in preseason games and look completely overwhelmed. It should have been more apparent to me sooner that the mental/intangible factors more than account for physical differences.

Whether someone has a cannon shot makes no difference if they can't put themselves in a position to use it, and whether they can skate like the wind means nothing if they don't know where they're going and why. So I'll withhold actual judgment on anything meaningful until the preseason.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:46 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

And that's why the Wings are so damn good at drafting. Hockey sense and work ethic is their top priority, and I'm glad we have shifted towards that drafting philosophy.

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:09 AM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrussJacket View Post
Is is short for swollen? I was wondering that too, I thought he just didnt have enough twitter space or something.
you guys dont know what swole means? no offense but how old are all of you?

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:40 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
Too old apparently.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 06:11 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Too old apparently.
I prefer to think of it as "fully ripened."

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 06:13 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post

I actually had a discussion about this with Mrs. Bee at lunch. We went to Five Guys at Polaris, and she was looking through the roster sheet that she'd picked up down at camp. I started comparing it to football, and the next thing I know, I've got the bag torn open across the table and am using french fries to illustrate what I was talking about.

Basically, a camp like this is going to be a chance for everyone to demonstrate their physical skills. It's a lot like what they say in football, which is that "everyone looks good in shorts and t-shirts". Whether it carries over to a game situation is a hell of a lot more important. We saw how many previous development camps where everyone looked like a budding NHL star, then they'd get out in there in preseason games and look completely overwhelmed. It should have been more apparent to me sooner that the mental/intangible factors more than account for physical differences.

Whether someone has a cannon shot makes no difference if they can't put themselves in a position to use it, and whether they can skate like the wind means nothing if they don't know where they're going and why. So I'll withhold actual judgment on anything meaningful until the preseason.
What did she have to say?

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 06:18 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
My guess: either she couldn't get a word in edgewise or the luncheon discussion last well past dinner time!

Old
07-05-2012, 06:18 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
A lot of descriptions fit, but it boils down to if you have to ask what a word means.....

... You're old.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 06:23 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
A lot of descriptions fit, but it boils down to if you have to ask what a word means.....

... You're old.
I suspect that I know the meaning of many words that today's young people don't understand. Aside from that, every generation creates their own lingo in order to make their elders wonder what the hell they're talking about!

But yes, I am old.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Old enough, apparently, to know the difference between words that are real and words that aren't.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/swole
Quote:
swole

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

While we are on an off-topic, the single most frustrating word misuse in all of hockey is the use of "compete" as a noun.
as in "player X brings a lot of compete to his game." "It's all about compete".

Compete is a VERB. com·pete /kəmˈpēt/
1.Strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others who are trying to do the same.
2.Take part in a contest.

Davidge and Rimer make my skin crawl several times each game, but the use of compete as a noun has me screaming at the tv.

A correct alternative would be the adjective competitve.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Where are the stats?

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post

Very much correct. We didn't draft Griffin Reinhart (ahem, has more tools than Murray I've heard around here?) ... we drafted Ryan Murray. I would compare Murray to Wayne Gretzky (yes, I did) ... not in that he's going to score over 2,000 points and dominate the NHL for the next 20 years, but that he's a cerebral player on the ice, always a play ahead, smarter than the average defenseman. Look guys, there's a reason the New York Islanders tried to give us 7 draft picks to move up 2 spots ... the kid can flat out play the game of hockey. He's a game changer in every aspect of his play, because he's so much further ahead of the other guys on the ice. He's a competitor, a leader, and should be a catalyst on our blueline for a very long time. Sure, Reinhart may have more "tools", but Murray has the tool box (no pun intended) and the capability of putting his tools to full use. Reinhart is a long way from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
And that's why the Wings are so damn good at drafting. Hockey sense and work ethic is their top priority, and I'm glad we have shifted towards that drafting philosophy.
For the most part, yes. There were a few picks the last couple of drafts that are the exact opposite, though ... I guess every team tries to hit a homerun?

Quote:
Quote:

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Old enough to tell you to get off our collective lawns. And also old enough to know that collectivization is horrible, because we also are old enough to remember the USSR.

Quote:
Quote:
My guess: either she couldn't get a word in edgewise or the luncheon discussion last well past dinner time!
The bolded is correct, although she knows better than to try when I get going. I extend her the same courtesy, although I do a better job of zoning out.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Tynan is on ice at camp today. Skating drills/testing

Old
07-05-2012, 09:49 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Tynan has a bad wrist.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Tynan has a bad wrist.
Yep. Doing skating drills without stick.