HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Anaheim file tampering charges against the Edmonton Oilers?

Old
07-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard armus View Post
which team was that? I know in the late 90's a team filed tampering charges because their player was sceen having dinner with the scout of another team and that player ended up signing their in the off season.

I know Vancouver filed charges against the Leafs after the head coach WENT ON TSN and said he wanted the Sedins on his team next year--that there is clear cut evidence of tampering. And when the leafs aired a documentary on one of the drafts and Burke talked about what Vancouver was trying to do with the Tampa Bay team. Wilson was fined 100k and Burke and the leafs were warned not to air what other teams are doing
Lou Lamoreillo(sp?) did on a hunch, and it was doubly weird because Stevens signing an offer sheet with St.Louis was probably predicted by everyone at the time. St.Louis originally acquired him in an offer sheet, lost him for compensation for another offer sheet, basically, they loved their offer sheets. And Stevens apparently was pissed he had to leave. Just made sense, yet they did it anyway. Maybe that was the story you heard of, but I definitely never heard of having dinner with a scout, every story I've heard said Louie just felt something wasn't the matter.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:57 PM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Lou Lamoreillo(sp?) did on a hunch, and it was doubly weird because Stevens signing an offer sheet with St.Louis was probably predicted by everyone at the time. St.Louis originally acquired him in an offer sheet, lost him for compensation for another offer sheet, basically, they loved their offer sheets. And Stevens apparently was pissed he had to leave. Just made sense, yet they did it anyway. Maybe that was the story you heard of, but I definitely never heard of having dinner with a scout, every story I've heard said Louie just felt something wasn't the matter.
The Stevens one what set it off was a meeting between Stevens and the blues if I am not mistaken. The reason why everyone knew Steven was going to try to go back to the Blues becuase the GM at the time said "We will find a way to get him back". As for the scout and the dinner meeting, I think it was the Sabres involved in that some how

here is the steven thing

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/01/05/sp...ring-case.html

According to wiki, the blues met with Stevens prior to the opening if RFA season. I believe the meeting was known at the time, but the NHL needed to investigate to see what was discussed at this meeting

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Richard Murray
Schultz was never under contract. Ducks only had his rights, dont think u can file anything because of that

Richard Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEstars31 View Post
Schultz was never under contract. Ducks only had his rights, dont think u can file anything because of that
Being drafted by a team still means other teams are forbidden to talk to him about certain things.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:06 AM
Crazy8oooo
• þúçk ؃ƒ •

Quote:
Holding his rights, gives them exclusivity. If another team were to have attempted to recruit him during that time, it's indeed an offense.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
If you stop to think for a really, really short span of time, you can answer your own question.

If they file tampering charges against the Oilers, then yes, obviously they feel they have evidence the Oilers tampered.

Why would they file tampering charges if they feel the Oilers didn't tamper? Just for giggles?

And you've got us. Every single Ducks poster actually has all the details of the tampering. We just won't share any of it with you because you don't know the secret handshake
I knew it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Do people really think posters on an internet forum would have evidence on the tampering? How would said internet posters get their hands on said tampering evidence exactly? If the Ducks are preparing a case, they are going to keep it to themselves and gather the evidence then file the report, if they decide to do so. It wouldn't help a possible case making it public.....at all.

Just when I thought I had seen it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
Apparently, if the Ducks feel that they have a case to file tampering charges, they're required to present said evidence on HFBoards first. If after said evidence is approved by the fans of the team being accused, then, and only then, the Ducks actually have a legitimate case and may file with the league office.
I believe this is going to be in the new CBA. Everyone knows HF knows all.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Actually, I have all the details and evidence on the tampering charges. I'm so tired of all the speculation that I and my agent will be setting up meetings in Anaheim with any HF posters who would be interesting in bidding on the information so that you can be the one under enormous pressure to keep it quiet.

Meetings will be scheduled for next Saturday so prepare your presentations on why you think I should divulge this info to you and of course what will you be willing to pay for said information.

Until the meetings I will have nothing further to say on the subject.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 04:52 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

#shackdecision2012

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Mr Sakich

IMO, the tampering allegations are real but they probably don't involve the Oilers. The tampering was by a few teams trying to convince Schultz to go UFA instead of signing. If that is true, then there could still be charges against the Leafs and Canucks.

As for an Oiler poster saying he knew two months ago, I call BS. Schultz didn't know 2 months ago. He was swayed by our coach, Hall, Gretzky, and Coffey in the 24 hours before he signed.

The Oiler org is incredibly tight lipped. All recent moves have been beyond even local media covering the team. This is why Tambellini was so pissed at Lombardi for taking everything public. There was a lot of anger in the Oiler org over how LA forced the Smyth trade by taking Smyth's trade demand public.

Mr Sakich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:29 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Schulz knew a lot longer than two months ago, he even said that in one of the interviews.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Wrong. Having the exclusive rights to a player means no other team or anyone associated with another team can talk to them or their agent regarding business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
Schulz knew a lot longer than two months ago, he even said that in one of the interviews.
Ya, this was all a sham. Such BS

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
IMO, the tampering allegations are real but they probably don't involve the Oilers. The tampering was by a few teams trying to convince Schultz to go UFA instead of signing. If that is true, then there could still be charges against the Leafs and Canucks.

As for an Oiler poster saying he knew two months ago, I call BS. Schultz didn't know 2 months ago. He was swayed by our coach, Hall, Gretzky, and Coffey in the 24 hours before he signed.

The Oiler org is incredibly tight lipped. All recent moves have been beyond even local media covering the team. This is why Tambellini was so pissed at Lombardi for taking everything public. There was a lot of anger in the Oiler org over how LA forced the Smyth trade by taking Smyth's trade demand public.
What are you talking about??? Nobody forced EDM to trade for Smyth. Have you heard the expression, "just say no"? But I guess that kind of warped thinking would justify why Tambellini traded two different injured players in that deal.

Tambellini is a real piece of work, and that's before the whole Schultz incident. I would not at all be surprised to find out he did tamper. His reputation for shady, slimy deals precedes him.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:44 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
What are you talking about??? Nobody forced EDM to trade for Smyth. Have you heard the expression, "just say no"? But I guess that kind of warped thinking would justify why Tambellini traded two different injured players in that deal.

Tambellini is a real piece of work, and that's before the whole Schultz incident. I would not at all be surprised to find out he did tamper. His reputation for shady, slimy deals precedes him.
Yepp, Tambellini is likely going to have tampering charges filed against him. Didn't Schultz say that he knew Edmonton was where he was going to sign? That seems like there was tampering. They just drew out this whole process to make it seem otherwise.

What will the penalty be if they are found guilty?

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Mr Sakich

Quote:

actually, Smyth asked Lombardi for a trade and the Oilers did not immediately jump at it. He was a 6 million dollar a year guy who might score 20 goals. Suddenly, the demand becomes public and Oiler fans go crazy about bringing Smyth back. Tambellini was forced to complete the transaction or the public would have hung him. (imagine Selane asking for a trade back to the DUcks if he leaves for a year)That is why Oiler mngt was pissed and offered Lomabrdi peanuts, they didn't like being forced into trading for a 20 goal 6 mill guy. Everybody thinks we fleeced the KIngs but the reality is that Smyth had one of the worst contracts in the NHL last year.

As for the injured players, Lombardi has since publically apologized and accepted 100% of the responsibility for the fiasco. Our doctors gave a clear indication of the health of both guys and the NHL doctors agreed with them. This is not the first time Lombardi has lost his head and it won't be the last.

Ironically, the Kings win the cup with Fraser and the immediately resign him.

I would love to see a quote from Shultz indicating he knew 2 months ago. From everything I read and heard, he had a very open mind until the very end. It was not an easy decision for him. I have not read one quote from the finalist GM's who thought they did not have a chance when they made their presentations.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
actually, Smyth asked Lombardi for a trade and the Oilers did not immediately jump at it. He was a 6 million dollar a year guy who might score 20 goals. Suddenly, the demand becomes public and Oiler fans go crazy about bringing Smyth back. Tambellini was forced to complete the transaction or the public would have hung him. (imagine Selane asking for a trade back to the DUcks if he leaves for a year)That is why Oiler mngt was pissed and offered Lomabrdi peanuts, they didn't like being forced into trading for a 20 goal 6 mill guy. Everybody thinks we fleeced the KIngs but the reality is that Smyth had one of the worst contracts in the NHL last year.

As for the injured players, Lombardi has since publically apologized and accepted 100% of the responsibility for the fiasco. Our doctors gave a clear indication of the health of both guys and the NHL doctors agreed with them. This is not the first time Lombardi has lost his head and it won't be the last.

Ironically, the Kings win the cup with Fraser and the immediately resign him.

I would love to see a quote from Shultz indicating he knew 2 months ago. From everything I read and heard, he had a very open mind until the very end. It was not an easy decision for him. I have not read one quote from the finalist GM's who thought they did not have a chance when they made their presentations.
GMs get paid good money to make tough decisions. Nobody forced Tambellini to make the deal. That is an extremely weak defense of the deal. And with all due respect, I don't think Smyth is as well loved anywhere as Selanne is everywhere.

As for the injured players, well, what did you expect Tabellini to say when caught with his hand in the cookie jar? And please don't blame the NHL for any of that. The league does not have their own doctors check the health of every traded player. Both of those players' health falls straight on Tambellini's shoulders. If he is that stupid to know who is healthy and who isn't (Starts giving new thought to the Souray fiasco too doesn't it?) you better fire him before he destroys your club.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
GMs get paid good money to make tough decisions. Nobody forced Tambellini to make the deal. That is an extremely weak defense of the deal. And with all due respect, I don't think Smyth is as well loved anywhere as Selanne is everywhere.

As for the injured players, well, what did you expect Tabellini to say when caught with his hand in the cookie jar? And please don't blame the NHL for any of that. The league does not have their own doctors check the health of every traded player. Both of those players' health falls straight on Tambellini's shoulders. If he is that stupid to know who is healthy and who isn't (Starts giving new thought to the Souray fiasco too doesn't it?) you better fire him before he destroys your club.
if you asked the casual Edmonton fan, they would be surprised to hear that Selane is as loved in Anaheim as Smyth is in Edmonton.

in this case, LA asked the league to investigate and the NHL doctors did examine the medical records. They came to the same conclusion as the Oilers doctors, not the KIngs' doctors. Those medical records were provided to the Kings who then agreed to the deal without doing their own due dilligence. Tambellini is not a doctor, he relied on his medical staff (who were proven correct) and just passed on their records.

Again, Lombardi admitted he was the one who over-reacted and apologized. There wasn't anything underhanded or stupid.

“I think we were able to work that out. That’s something that I have to apologize for. I was certainly frustrated, having to lose a player like Ryan Smyth, then getting in a bind with trying to replace him and there was a little gray area, as far as what we got back (in the trade with Edmonton). But, the bottom line is I should have never said what I said publicly. It was the wrong thing to do. I apologize to Edmonton, as well as the National Hockey League, that that wasn’t the way to handle it. As we sat down, we were able to come to some resolution. But, the bottom line, I was wrong in the way that I handled that and we move on. It was a tough situation losing a good player like Ryan Smyth. It’s kind of been one of the things we run up against, (when we) talk about the building process – whether it was Ryan or Drew (Doughty) holding out or going to Europe. These were all the things you confront. But, regardless, that was the wrong way to handle it.”

“Our medical people were quite clear and consistent and confident with their assessment of Colin,” said Oilers general manager Steve Tambellini to the Journal’s Jim Matheson in early July. “He had time in the offseason to rehab his foot. There was some delay (healing) with it, but our doctors told us he could begin full training for the upcoming season by Wednesday (in six days time).

“Post-trade, our doctors have spoken with their doctor, who wasn’t totally familiar with Colin and explained their assessment to him. The conversation went very well. What they (the Kings) decide to do with the player is up to them. He’s their player.”

Old
07-05-2012, 12:28 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Edmonton should have to fork over their 2013 1st as compensation. Nate Mackinnon or Seth Jones would make me forget about this Schultz thing awful quick.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Again, Lombardi admitted he was the one who over-reacted and apologized. There wasn't anything underhanded or stupid.

“I think we were able to work that out. That’s something that I have to apologize for. I was certainly frustrated, having to lose a player like Ryan Smyth, then getting in a bind with trying to replace him and there was a little gray area, as far as what we got back (in the trade with Edmonton). But, the bottom line is I should have never said what I said publicly. It was the wrong thing to do. I apologize to Edmonton, as well as the National Hockey League, that that wasn’t the way to handle it. As we sat down, we were able to come to some resolution. But, the bottom line, I was wrong in the way that I handled that and we move on. It was a tough situation losing a good player like Ryan Smyth. It’s kind of been one of the things we run up against, (when we) talk about the building process – whether it was Ryan or Drew (Doughty) holding out or going to Europe. These were all the things you confront. But, regardless, that was the wrong way to handle it.”
[/I]
It doesn't sound like Lombardi was saying "there wasn't anything underhanded" going on. He's saying he shouldn't have aired it publicly.

In fact, he makes reference to a gray area in terms of the return, and then stops himself.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Pwnasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Edmonton should have to fork over their 2013 1st as compensation. Nate Mackinnon or Seth Jones would make me forget about this Schultz thing awful quick.
Even getting a high 2nd rounder as compensation would be hilariously awesome.

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:11 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Yepp, Tambellini is likely going to have tampering charges filed against him. Didn't Schultz say that he knew Edmonton was where he was going to sign? That seems like there was tampering. They just drew out this whole process to make it seem otherwise.

What will the penalty be if they are found guilty?
Smid and Eberle

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Firestorm

So I take it nothing is going to happen?

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
So I take it nothing is going to happen?
Yuuuuuuuuuup prolly.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Exit Dose

Doesn't look like it.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote