HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Data something's got me!!!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2012, 10:58 PM
  #26
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,115
vCash: 500
Spent the entire day and night out on a friend's boat. Makes me want to buy one REALLY bad.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:33 PM
  #27
Ralonzo
Я хочу!
 
Ralonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Spent the entire day and night out on a friend's boat. Makes me want to buy one REALLY bad.
A boat or a friend?

Ralonzo is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 12:23 AM
  #28
Luceni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,663
vCash: 500
Two guys alone on a boat the entire independence day? Sounds a bit strange if u ask me. What did you do the whole day then?


Last edited by Chainshot: 07-05-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Too much
Luceni is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 02:10 AM
  #29
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 500
I know I'm like 10 years behind, but I started watching arrested development. Just got to episode 9 and realized they SWITCHED THE ACTRESS PLAYING MARTA!! WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 02:48 AM
  #30
Ralonzo
Я хочу!
 
Ralonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
T-minus 12 days

Gotta order me a pizza for that


Ralonzo is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 04:53 AM
  #31
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 18,804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
I know I'm like 10 years behind, but I started watching arrested development. Just got to episode 9 and realized they SWITCHED THE ACTRESS PLAYING MARTA!! WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!
I imagine you have heard this and perhaps it's what drove you to finally watch, but Netflix is bringing the series back. It'll be airing exclusively on their service sometime in early 2013.

Rob Paxon is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:07 AM
  #32
Penalty Killa
glitter skates
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,646
vCash: 500
Breaking Bad is phenomenal. The epitome of dark humor.

Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:14 AM
  #33
Luceni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,663
vCash: 500
The word "cocktail" irritate me a bit.

If you translate the first part (the first 4 letters) of the word "cocktail" to german you get "Schwanz".

If you translate "tail" you would translate it - again - with "Schwanz" in german.

So the correct translation for Cocktail would be "Schwanz-Schwanz"....

I'm thinking about writing a letter
to our grovernment in that case....


Last edited by Chainshot: 07-05-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Luceni is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:22 AM
  #34
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
The word "cocktail" irritate me a bit.

If you translate the first part (the first 4 letters) of the word "cocktail" to german you get "Schwanz".

If you translate "tail" you would translate it - again - with "Schwanz" in german.

So the correct translation for Cocktail would be "Schwanz-Schwanz"....

I'm thinking about writing a letter
to our grovernment in that case....
Mark Twain has a story for you...

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:42 AM
  #35
Duddy
Everyday is
 
Duddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 500
hailstorm outside.

do not like
****

Duddy is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 09:28 AM
  #36
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Getting a haircut after work today. Can't wait.

HiddenInLight is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:08 AM
  #37
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 20,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Getting a haircut after work today. Can't wait.
I'm going to need one soon, too. Just got it done last week, but she definitely left it a little bit too longer, and I just can't abide it.

Clock is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:13 AM
  #38
Luceni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,663
vCash: 500
I get a hair cut once every 6 months.

June and November ar my haircut months :-)

Luceni is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:48 AM
  #39
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah
 
Mike McDermott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kenmore
Country: United States
Posts: 13,028
vCash: 500
Alright I need some patented OT thread advice:

So I have the daughter of one of managers who works for me. Said manager is very up front about the fact that she doesn't want her daughter getting into alcohol (or drugs).

I just over heard a conversation she had with another worker about how drunk she got last night and how she shouldn't have drank liquor after beer. (They didn't realize I could hear them from where I was)

Should I take this information to my manager?

Here are my worries if I do/don't

If I do and it gets to my crew that the information came from me I'm worried they either won't trust me or think I talk about every thing they talk about at work.

If I don't, I would feel I'm betraying one my managers. One who I highly trust. Also how would she feel if she ends up finding out and finds out I knew.

Mike McDermott is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:52 AM
  #40
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,460
vCash: 500
Personally, I'd pretend you never heard it. You get mixed up in stuff like that and it usually comes back to bite you in the ass, even if your intentions are good.

Myllz is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:52 AM
  #41
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,115
vCash: 500
My gut feeling would say not to get yourself involved, especially if said daughter is of legal age to be drinking. From my perspective, what she does outside of work isn't your business unless it affects her job in some way.

Tough call though. I'm sure others might look at this differently.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:55 AM
  #42
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Personally, I'd pretend you never heard it. You get mixed up in stuff like that and it usually comes back to bite you in the ass, even if your intentions are good.
I agree 100%

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:57 AM
  #43
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah
 
Mike McDermott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kenmore
Country: United States
Posts: 13,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
My gut feeling would say not to get yourself involved, especially if said daughter is of legal age to be drinking. From my perspective, what she does outside of work isn't your business unless it affects her job in some way.

Tough call though. I'm sure others might look at this differently.
She isn't legal to drink or I wouldn't gave given it a 2nd thought. I'm leaning more towards acting as it I never heard it. Just wanted to get some outside thoughts.

Mike McDermott is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:57 AM
  #44
Duddy
Everyday is
 
Duddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 500
IMO if it's a one time thing, I would say nothing, but if it happens more often you should talk with the manager.

Duddy is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 12:04 PM
  #45
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,115
vCash: 500
Anyone in their early 20s should instantly be asking you to find out what bars she goes to. :p

Kidding aside, I've always felt that the alcohol conversation is one that should be had with kids in their teen years, just like the sex talk. Once kids hit high school, they WILL start drinking and bumping uglies. Better to have your children be informed about these things than go in to situations blind. Taking the angle of 'I don't want them to do it!!' is pretty silly to me. I mean, at some point, they're going to be adults and make their own choices. All you can do is give them enough information to make those choices smart ones.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 12:07 PM
  #46
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Alright I need some patented OT thread advice:

So I have the daughter of one of managers who works for me. Said manager is very up front about the fact that she doesn't want her daughter getting into alcohol (or drugs).

I just over heard a conversation she had with another worker about how drunk she got last night and how she shouldn't have drank liquor after beer. (They didn't realize I could hear them from where I was)

Should I take this information to my manager?

Here are my worries if I do/don't

If I do and it gets to my crew that the information came from me I'm worried they either won't trust me or think I talk about every thing they talk about at work.

If I don't, I would feel I'm betraying one my managers. One who I highly trust. Also how would she feel if she ends up finding out and finds out I knew.
Don't do it. It will just stir **** up. I'm sure the manager will found out soon enough anyway.

vcv is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 12:08 PM
  #47
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,853
vCash: 500
Personal responsibility and affecting your work in one or a number of ways. If she's a good worker all around, then what she does on her own time is personal freedom and personal responsibility. Now if her drinking is affecting her daughter and robbing her of a good and decent home life, then step in with the police. I have ZERO tolerance for those that drink to get drunk, then go home and is rotten to their family or friends. Scum bags IMO. Immature, irresponsible scum. In short, stay out of it unless it affects work, children, or relationships.

Good luck.

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 12:14 PM
  #48
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Anyone in their early 20s should instantly be asking you to find out what bars she goes to. :p

Kidding aside, I've always felt that the alcohol conversation is one that should be had with kids in their teen years, just like the sex talk. Once kids hit high school, they WILL start drinking and bumping uglies. Better to have your children be informed about these things than go in to situations blind. Taking the angle of 'I don't want them to do it!!' is pretty silly to me. I mean, at some point, they're going to be adults and make their own choices. All you can do is give them enough information to make those choices smart ones.

I respect your opinion. But I have to say, your stereotyping. Not all do this. I did not do this, and I know many who didn't either.

And no it wasn't because I couldn't find alcohol or an ugly repulsive teen

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 12:22 PM
  #49
gallagt01
Registered User
 
gallagt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sloan
Posts: 8,722
vCash: 500
I'd just let it go, man. You'll battle just your conscience if you're "betraying" your manager, whereas you'll be in a scuffle with several people if you report it to him. As far as everyone knows, you've heard nothing.

gallagt01 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 12:23 PM
  #50
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,460
vCash: 500
Mid-week holidays are really dumb. All day yesterday I kept thinking it was Saturday, and now today I keep thinking it's Monday.

Myllz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.