HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The one aspect the Oilers have to work on

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2003, 07:58 PM
mrush

vCash: 500
The one aspect the Oilers have to work on

Screw shooting like LMHF#1 and 2 suggest. The oilers have to work on passing. I swear they should watch video of Detriot and other elite teams and how they pass and just learn that. Oilers dont know how to pass and receive the pass. They can but its not crisp smooth passes like other teams can. If they work on this, they can get better chances because oilers are a fast team and with nice passes they can get a lot of rushes. I have yet to see any oiler go on a clean breakway or have a smooth two on one. If its a two on one, the pass is never a good one. Screw shooting 30shots +, just work on the passes and most of the shots will be quality ones. Im just rambling, cause i want a change already. SIGN COMRIE!!!

Old
11-30-2003, 08:04 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrush
Screw shooting like LMHF#1 and 2 suggest. The oilers have to work on passing. I swear they should watch video of Detriot and other elite teams and how they pass and just learn that. Oilers dont know how to pass and receive the pass. They can but its not crisp smooth passes like other teams can. If they work on this, they can get better chances because oilers are a fast team and with nice passes they can get a lot of rushes. I have yet to see any oiler go on a clean breakway or have a smooth two on one. If its a two on one, the pass is never a good one. Screw shooting 30shots +, just work on the passes and most of the shots will be quality ones. Im just rambling, cause i want a change already. SIGN COMRIE!!!
One thing I REALLY noticed last year: Shots actually seem to come down when you win games normally. Meaning: you don't normally get 36 shots and score 4 times winning 4-3. If your team is playing well and actually taking smart shots and finishing, your shot total comes down. Alot of people see taking 40+ shots as meaning you dominated, I really don't think so. What 40+ shots means is you probably took a bunch of junk shots that the other team gave you with no need to block them.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:07 PM
mrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
One thing I REALLY noticed last year: Shots actually seem to come down when you win games normally. Meaning: you don't normally get 36 shots and score 4 times winning 4-3. If your team is playing well and actually taking smart shots and finishing, your shot total comes down. Alot of people see taking 40+ shots as meaning you dominated, I really don't think so. What 40+ shots means is you probably took a bunch of junk shots that the other team gave you with no need to block them.
agreed, but if oilers would learn how to pass and receive a pass properly than they would have better scoring chances. I always see the pass either behind the player so they have to use their skate or try some fancy stick work and turn it over. I rarely see tape-to-tape passes. The oilers should just skate in 8's all over the ice and just pass to each other for an hour. No shooting, Just passing and skating cause nothing seems to work for this team. THey seem lost out their, they need unity somehow.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Walsher

I think that the Oilers should go to mandatory wood or 2 piece sticks. It is a proven fact that the 1 piece sticks are only to be used by elite talents and that the average NHL'er has no right using them. To me it has been obvious the puck jumps off their stick before it ever settles down.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:13 PM
mrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
I think that the Oilers should go to mandatory wood or 2 piece sticks. It is a proven fact that the 1 piece sticks are only to be used by elite talents and that the average NHL'er has no right using them. To me it has been obvious the puck jumps off their stick before it ever settles down.
maybe, im not to familiar with the sticks, all i know is the passing needs work.

Skating is fine, shooting is fine like who cares about working on it right now, work on the passes which lead to scoring chances. Shooting every 5seconds doesnt lead to nothing cause half of them get blocked and can lead to two on ones the other way.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:25 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrush
SIGN COMRIE!!!
Almost forgot.

Lowe, Comrie, Pen, Paper with fancy language on it, and Signatures.

Required as fast as possible.

Swallow some pride, both of you.

And if MacT is the problem here (that rumor has picked up steam), can him.

Closed Thread