Which jersey!?

Old
07-05-2012, 01:49 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post
Do you guys get the authentic or the semi? I went to the Hockey Lodge at the Maplewood Mall and they were like fricken $300.00+.
after collecting jerseys for some time now, authentic is the way to go.....

however....

The original Reebok Edge jerseys (1.0) are nice and still available online at a few different sites for a decent price ($150) but are being phased out. The Edge 2.0 which is what 99% of players wear now a days are damn near impossible to find for the Wild as they are only team issued. I was able to score one a few weeks back through a friend of mine in Canada.

The "Authentic" you see in stores is what is called the Indo-Edge (because they are made in Indonesia). If they have a bright green lining in the collar, it is an Indo-Edge and are NOT the exact same thing the guys on the ice wear. Complete BS. Why shell out $300+ for an authentic, when it isn't even game quality?

Most of what the lodge and Wild.com sell online are the $100 Premier replicas, which have the logo heat pressed on, which is fine and dandy, but the Premier material is thinner than what the old CCM/Koho were and will snag pretty easy. Should you go the replica route, specifically tell the Lodge you want it stitched on and not just heat pressed for the name and numbers. Also have them stitch down the primary logo as well to clean that up too.

00xtremeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:55 PM
651*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xtremeninja View Post
after collecting jerseys for some time now, authentic is the way to go.....

however....

The original Reebok Edge jerseys (1.0) are nice and still available online at a few different sites for a decent price ($150) but are being phased out. The Edge 2.0 which is what 99% of players wear now a days are damn near impossible to find for the Wild as they are only team issued. I was able to score one a few weeks back through a friend of mine in Canada.

The "Authentic" you see in stores is what is called the Indo-Edge (because they are made in Indonesia). If they have a bright green lining in the collar, it is an Indo-Edge and are NOT the exact same thing the guys on the ice wear. Complete BS. Why shell out $300+ for an authentic, when it isn't even game quality?

Most of what the lodge and Wild.com sell online are the $100 Premier replicas, which have the logo heat pressed on, which is fine and dandy, but the Premier material is thinner than what the old CCM/Koho were and will snag pretty easy. Should you go the replica route, specifically tell the Lodge you want it stitched on and not just heat pressed for the name and numbers. Also have them stitch down the primary logo as well to clean that up too.
Wow, I guess they went and made it all complicated. I miss the days when I could just buy a CCM Center Ice with the fighting strap and KNOW I have the real deal Hollyfield.

This sounds like a bunch of over-capitalistic crap. I have to say my Gabby "semi"-pro is very nice quality, and I have never been a fan of semi-pros but this one (The first ones they were producing probably since I got it way back when) is very top notch.

FWIW, I have FOUR CCM Center Iceand my Sakic first year Avs Starter authentic and my father has a number more Center Ices and there is nothing like those classics.

651* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

the CCM Center Ice ones are some of my favorites. Ultrafil material has to be my all time favorite and wish they would go back to those.

Honestly, Ebay is the way to go for some of the Reebok replicas (keep in mind, many have the Reebok vector logo and not the Wordmark which is seen on the current replicas/authentics) so depending on how big of a stickler you are for keeping it as 100% as real as possible, then you will be store bound.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

Quote:
Should you go the replica route, specifically tell the Lodge you want it stitched on and not just heat pressed for the name and numbers. Also have them stitch down the primary logo as well to clean that up too.
I didn't know they could actually do that. Almost makes me want to get my others stitched now and bring them in when I move out in a couple of months.

Paul Bunyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:29 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bunyan View Post
I didn't know they could actually do that. Almost makes me want to get my others stitched now and bring them in when I move out in a couple of months.
the Lodge itself doesn't do it, but they ship it out to their lettering people (I think it is still Heritage sports in Stillwater) and they do it. Otherwise contact Heritage directly.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:32 PM
651*

Quote:
the Lodge itself doesn't do it, but they ship it out to their lettering people (I think it is still Heritage sports in Stillwater) and they do it. Otherwise contact Heritage directly.
Wait, Heritage Sports? Was that a store out in Stillwater off of 36 there in a little strip mall?

Old
07-05-2012, 03:32 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

yes, they are remodeling right now. I am unsure if they are still the people doing it. I sent an email asking if they are.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

Quote:
Thank you very much. My friends are in Stillwater and I'll be in there this week...food for thought. Could drop them off and get them stitched up for the new season.

The last two times I was in Minnesota I just ended up getting them made at the game, that was really the only option since they don't have a ton in pre-made Viking sizes like they do in everything 2XL and under.

Also, the hockey lodge says when you go through NHL.com they don't use the exact same designs as the Wild. Not sure if that was a guy at the Lodge just telling me that so I'd buy from them (which I'd rather anyway) or if that's 100% true.

Judging from the red Boogaard one I have from the NHL online, and then seeing other ones at games they definitely look different. Not sure if it's my imagination, or completely the case.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:39 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

if you pop in there and ask them to do it let me know (assuming I don't hear back from them soon).

For the old green ones, you can contact Kyle at Vintage Minnesota Hockey, be around $70 to have it all done and shipped back to you.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:41 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Im buying both Parise and Suter. Dont know which of the colours.. one of them 3rd for sure..

What about IceJerseys?

Legit and sewn logos and all, even if not authentic?

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:42 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

I can't decide which Granlund to get

dfk711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:46 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
Im buying both Parise and Suter. Dont know which of the colours.. one of them 3rd for sure..

What about IceJerseys?

Legit and sewn logos and all, even if not authentic?
IJ is good stuff! but keep in mind, the Premier replicas will have the logo glued and heat pressed on, but the customization will be all stitched. you could always ask them to sew down the logo though, can't imagine it would be tough for them to do.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:48 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Rivercity Sports has authentic Red (52) and White (56/60) available for $169. Will be Edge 1.0, but steal of a price for a Reebok authentic.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/us/v...ode=&startAt=1

Old
07-05-2012, 03:55 PM
651*

Quote:
yes, they are remodeling right now. I am unsure if they are still the people doing it. I sent an email asking if they are.
Ha, I remember that store. I was probably in there 8 or so years ago - they had a lot more than just hockey stuff if I remember correctly. But I do remember embroidering were one of the big things there.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:57 PM
651*

Quote:
Rivercity Sports has authentic Red (52) and White (56/60) available for $169. Will be Edge 1.0, but steal of a price for a Reebok authentic.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/us/v...ode=&startAt=1
My dad used to get CCM Center Ice on clearance at Rivercity a while back for the low low. If my mind serves me they had Whalers Center Ices on clearance there for like $40.00 and the "Fisherman" Isles for around the same. Their clearance hasn't been that good though for a while.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

Quote:
if you pop in there and ask them to do it let me know (assuming I don't hear back from them soon).

For the old green ones, you can contact Kyle at Vintage Minnesota Hockey, be around $70 to have it all done and shipped back to you.
Will do. Not sure how much time I'll have, but my friends will likely know where it is and I might be able to stop by between apartment hunting, baseball games, select-a-seat and hopefully one of the prospect games.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Ice box hockey

I've got to get a Suter jersey. After that I really want a Brodin jersey. Gotta start my collection, and more then likely it will be the defense that i try and get first.

Ice box hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 04:14 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post
My dad used to get CCM Center Ice on clearance at Rivercity a while back for the low low. If my mind serves me they had Whalers Center Ices on clearance there for like $40.00 and the "Fisherman" Isles for around the same. Their clearance hasn't been that good though for a while.
and now if he wanted to flip those he could get fat money for them.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

I still have my autographed authentic Gaborik but I only wear that to games. I was going to wait and get a Coyle in the next couple years but now I'm tempted to get a green Suter.

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 04:28 PM
651*

Quote:
and now if he wanted to flip those he could get fat money for them.
Trust me, I know. Both of those sell for a pretty penny on the 'Bay nowadays. I still can't believe he was getting those for that low. I should ask him once again to confirm, but I am almost certain that was around the price. They bought me a black Gretzky Center Ice (which I got auto'd by him when the Coyotes were in town a few years ago) for my 19th birthday that I still have. My Gretz CCM and Sakic Western Conference All Star CCM with the 1996 Boston patch (also auto'd by Joe one time when I met him DT). My Semi Gabby bottom left in the third and my authentic Bauer white Moose with fight strap - maybe my favorite jersey on the planet:

Old
07-05-2012, 04:34 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

you have no idea how bad i want a 94-97 West and East AS jersey. so sexy.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:38 PM
651*

Quote:
you have no idea how bad i want a 94-97 West and East AS jersey. so sexy.
I'm still waiting to put my Sakic up on the 'Bay. The saddest thing about it is the autograph actually probably makes the jersey depreciate - which I have kept flawless and now refuse to wear and I have never lived in a smokers house. I've got him to sign my authentic Avs original ('96 Starter) as well and have met him on another time and had him sign a couple items.

If you want mine you could always PM me and work something out. I'd clearly be asking for quite a bit though. Believe me it is maybe my most prized possession outside of that thurr Gretzky and both were gifts, but I am so strapped for cash right now. It will devistate me part with either of them though.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:41 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

if it were un-auto'ed and a size 56 we'd be talking, but no way could I afford what I can assume you would be putting up as an asking price.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:43 PM
651*

Quote:
if it were un-auto'ed and a size 56 we'd be talking, but no way could I afford what I can assume you would be putting up as an asking price.
Yeah those are both a 52. I won't even insult anyone with an asking price, although the 'Bay gives me all the info I need.

My Sakic Center Ice Nords and my '96 Starter Center Ice - again, identical to what they wore on the ice, just "Starter" authentic (did I mention I was a big fan of his? :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7-5-12 couple CCM Center Ices Sakics.jpg‎ (86.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by 651*: 07-05-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old
07-06-2012, 09:25 AM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

oooo that nords is hot!

email confirmation from heritage, they still do the Wild lettering. waiting for a price.