HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Sit and Think Things Through Thoroughly (Matt Carle signed with Tampa Bay)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 04:09 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
I have to admit, I love how this off season has worked out. Holmgren hasn't made wholesale changes, the signings have been depth signings and the Flyers are still armed with a whole lot of money. If Holmgren plays his cards right, the Flyers could be a very attractive destination come the trade deadline, especially with a boat load of money that's available. For years, this franchise has always been a cap team with very little flexibility. It looks like Holmgren is beginning to "get it" and realize that cap space is a very valuable item to have.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:10 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
He said the samething before trading Richards and Carter, lol. "I like our team"... after the trades, he said "I like our team, but this is a different team". He won't say it if he thinks about a trade.
Well at least he didn't say "I like our team right now"..like when he tipped his hat with JVR..."He's our player right now."

Old
07-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Well at least he didn't say "I like our team right now"..like when he tipped his hat with JVR..."He's our player right now."
*POOF*

"...And now he isn't!"

07-05-2012, 04:13 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I have to admit, I love how this off season has worked out. Holmgren hasn't made wholesale changes, the signings have been depth signings and the Flyers are still armed with a whole lot of money. If Holmgren plays his cards right, the Flyers could be a very attractive destination come the trade deadline, especially with a boat load of money that's available. For years, this franchise has always been a cap team with very little flexibility. It looks like Holmgren is beginning to "get it" and realize that cap space is a very valuable item to have.
Yes but if the rumors Panaccio said about that prominant player agent saying lots of FA players are doubting Bryz's capabilities to deliver a cup are true well then that won't help. That is why he absolutely has to have a rebound year. Anything less and we're back to square 1 especially with Leighton as the backup

Old
07-05-2012, 04:17 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Yep. But I kinda believe him atm, it makes sense to keep our players and doesn't really to trade them. He might trade picks, though.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:19 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Yep. But I kinda believe him atm, it makes sense to keep our players and doesn't really to trade them. He might trade picks, though.
It does but..

btw meant tipped his hand....oops

Old
07-05-2012, 04:24 PM
toughfighter83*

unless the flyers get a good winger for giroux, there's no way the flyers are winning the cup, i dont care how much you want to blame the goalie, it's not going to happen, the young players are going to struggle and they are taking a step back because they are young.

i cant believe people are thinking they courts or schenn are going to be superstars just because they were good for one season, it's just a loser mentality because they are not ready, giroux wasnt really until 3 or 4 years, how is it different with schenn and courts because they were drafted high? it's bs they are not ready. they were scoring 30 goals last year, i would say they are ready.

they are just throwing them to wolves, now it's going to be a very bad season coming.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:29 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
unless the flyers get a good winger for giroux, there's no way the flyers are winning the cup, i dont care how much you want to blame the goalie, it's not going to happen, the young players are going to struggle and they are taking a step back because they are young.

i cant believe people are thinking they courts or schenn are going to be superstars just because they were good for one season, it's just a loser mentality because they are not ready, giroux wasnt really until 3 or 4 years, how is it different with schenn and courts because they were drafted high? it's bs they are not ready. they were scoring 30 goals last year, i would say they are ready.

they are just throwing them to wolves, now it's going to be a very bad season coming.

No the **** we don't. We don't need more ******* scoring. We would have been the highest scoring team by far if they didn't play more defensive from March on.

And what if scoring drops? Well then they'll learn to play more defensive. We're fine.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:30 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
Yes but if the rumors Panaccio said about that prominant player agent saying lots of FA players are doubting Bryz's capabilities to deliver a cup are true well then that won't help. That is why he absolutely has to have a rebound year. Anything less and we're back to square 1 especially with Leighton as the backup
Im sure that these players around the league didnt notice how the New Jersey forecheck is what beat us in the playoffs. Bryz is the only reason we lost those games by small margins.

Panaccio just wants to create a story because there is no story at the moment.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:31 PM
flyerfanish

Nvm.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
Im sure that these players around the league didnt notice how the New Jersey forecheck is what beat us in the playoffs. Bryz is the only reason we lost those games by small margins.

Panaccio just wants to create a story because there is no story at the moment.
I'm sure they also noticed Bryz's inability to stop pucks in the Pitt series too.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:33 PM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanish View Post
How do I ignore people?
Click on the person you wanna ignore it brings up a little menu. Select Add to Ignore List

Old
07-05-2012, 04:35 PM
flyerfanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
Click on the person you wanna ignore it brings up a little menu. Select Add to Ignore List
thanks

Old
07-05-2012, 04:36 PM
ayshplaysh

Quote:

I guess we weren't the third highest scoring team last year.

Hartnell is perfectly fine on Giroux's wing and Voracek will be a great addition to that line.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:39 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I'm sure they also noticed Bryz's inability to stop pucks in the Pitt series too.
True, but that series was out of control to begin with. Hopefully the Bryz of March will be there in October and stick around for the season.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:45 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:

I agree man, the Flyers suck!!

Old
07-05-2012, 04:51 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Tim Panaccio is a d-bag. I take what he says with a big grain of salt. He's always complained about every move the Flyers have ever made and he's always been looking to stir crap. As for Bryzgalov, once again, the 2nd half of last season, he was 18-8-4 with a 2.04 GAA and .948 Save Percentage. He found his groove and he played well. The Pittsburgh series, meh, both goalies weren't that great. He was spectacular in the Devils series though, so I'm more than willing to believe that Bryzgalov has a big year.

Old
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
there is no reason to send Lilja to the AHL since we carry his cap hit no matter what (unless we need a roster spot). The guys a well-liked vet and his presense around the team is good in itself
My point was that, if Laviolette wanted Gervais or someone else as the 7th Dman, there's flexibility to eat Lilja's cap hit while he's in Adirondack and to play the best 7 Dmen on this team. And if someone gets hurt, Lilja can be recalled at a pretty low risk of being claimed on recall waivers.

Old
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayshplaysh View Post
I guess we weren't the third highest scoring team last year.

Hartnell is perfectly fine on Giroux's wing and Voracek will be a great addition to that line.
jagr was the reason, voracek isnt a freaking first line player, i hope they dont make the playoffs because obviously you dont care about upgrading or winning a cup, you worry more about youth than winning.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:54 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Tim Panaccio is a d-bag. I take what he says with a big grain of salt. He's always complained about every move the Flyers have ever made and he's always been looking to stir crap. As for Bryzgalov, once again, the 2nd half of last season, he was 18-8-4 with a 2.04 GAA and .948 Save Percentage. He found his groove and he played well. The Pittsburgh series, meh, both goalies weren't that great. He was spectacular in the Devils series though, so I'm more than willing to believe that Bryzgalov has a big year.
Well it might be a case of contrived drama on Panaccio's part....wouldn't be beyond him but if it's true about the agent that would def still suck even if it's coming from a messenger a lot of people want to shoot for various reasons...

Old
07-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
jagr was the reason, voracek isnt a freaking first line player, i hope they dont make the playoffs because obviously you dont care about upgrading or winning a cup, you worry more about youth than winning.
Yes, we get it. You think that the entire team is going to suck and be terrible and the only way to prevent it is if we trade half our core to get those shining white knights known as Nash and Ryan. Because somehow, one of those two 60 point players will magically prevent the whole team from tanking.

Also, it's just adorable that you want the team to miss the playoffs completely just to prove a half-baked, extreme-fringe theory. You tell him that he cares about youth more than winning...and in the process prove that you care more about being right than winning. There's a word for that, starts with an "H," ends with an "ypocrisy"

Old
07-05-2012, 04:57 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
My point was that, if Laviolette wanted Gervais or someone else as the 7th Dman, there's flexibility to eat Lilja's cap hit while he's in Adirondack and to play the best 7 Dmen on this team. And if someone gets hurt, Lilja can be recalled at a pretty low risk of being claimed on recall waivers.
Yeah, that's a pretty good point. If the Flyers don't spend up to the cap like they normally do, Lilja can spend the entire season in the AHL and there won't really be an issue with cap space. The 35+ thing really only matters if you are (a) close to the cap or (b) talking about a long term deal that could affect future cap space.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:58 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
You're soooo cute when you're unintelligible.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:00 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
The hell are you talking about?

Old
07-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I just don't get it. If you think everyone on the team will suck, why would you assume that one player could fix it?

Closed Thread