HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Must win versus New Jersey

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
Must win versus New Jersey

If you look at the competition that Atlanta and Tampa Bay need to face in their next games (Tampa plays Washington, Atlanta plays Washington and Florida) we are in big trouble.

Our habs need to raise their game to the next level against new jersey or were not making the Playoffs, because more then likely Atlanta will win both games and Tampa Bay will beat Washington.

Old
04-16-2006, 09:49 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
If you look at the competition that Atlanta and Tampa Bay need to face in their next games (Tampa plays Washington, Atlanta plays Washington and Florida) we are in big trouble.

Our habs need to raise their game to the next level against new jersey or were not making the Playoffs, because more then likely Atlanta will win both games and Tampa Bay will beat Washington.
Cant argue with you there. Habs need to bring their 'A' game on Tuesday.

Old
04-16-2006, 10:26 PM
ATL Star

I think the Thrashers are fully aware of Florida's capabilities. Alexander Ovechkin is a powder keg always on the verge of exploding and I think both will be scarier games than everyone thinks. I am very nervous about the Florida game, but we have moderate success against Florida. The last meeting was a 6-2 IN Florida. The Thrashers have also won 3 in a row against the Panthers.

Season Series Records:

Atlanta holds a 5-2 Record over Washington having beaten them by such scores as 8-1, and 7-3

Atlanta holds a 5-2 Record over Florida this season with their greatest win a 6-2 victory in Sunrise this past month.

FOR MONTREAL

Montreal is currently 0-3 against the New Jersey Devils with their closest contest being 3-2 and 5-4 losses. All games have been lost in regulation.

Notes: Atlanta is currently riding a 4 game winning streak and the Canadiens are 2-2 in their last 4 games.

Clinching opportunities: If Montreal can take their contest with New Jersey to Overtime on Tuesday night, they will clinch the division by holding a 1-point lead over Atlanta even if they succeed in winning the following 2 games. The Thrashers can clinch by winning the following 2 games and having Montreal lose to New Jersey in Regulation. Any Atlanta loss in regulation or OT will eliminate them from contention.

The New Jersey Devils are currently the NHL's hottest team, winners of 10 straight and currently fighting for playoff positioning and a division championship.

Last edited by ATL Star: 04-16-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old
04-16-2006, 10:27 PM
InGaineyWeTrust*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life

jersey really wants home-ice tho so were gonna have to steal this game cuz jersey is gonna come out strong...we have to finish our plays get a few goals in, and we have to be very careful not 2 go down early in teh ganme, we HAVE score in the 1st, we cannot go inot the 2nd with brodeur rising a shutout, we need to break the ice early and then ride that along

Old
04-16-2006, 10:30 PM
InGaineyWeTrust*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasherfan2
Clinching opportunities: If Montreal can take their contest with New Jersey to Overtime on Tuesday night, they will clinch the division by holding a 1-point lead over Atlanta even if they succeed in winning the following 2 games. The Thrashers can clinch by winning the following 2 games and having Montreal lose to Montreal in Regulation. Any Atlanta loss in regulation or OT will eliminate them from contention.

ur 100% right

Old
04-16-2006, 10:49 PM
ATL Star

Typo and I fixed it. I know why you agreed though Gainey, Montreal in the games I have seen them tend to beat themselves. If they plan on doing that, they might as well not show up against a New Jersey team that is currently 10-0 in their past 10 games.

Old
04-16-2006, 10:50 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasherfan2
Typo and I fixed it. I know why you agreed though Gainey, Montreal in the games I have seen them tend to beat themselves. If they plan on doing that, they might as well not show up against a New Jersey team that is currently 10-0 in their past 10 games.
u are so right

Closed Thread