HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Sit and Think Things Through Thoroughly (Matt Carle signed with Tampa Bay)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2012, 05:17 PM
  #926
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
I'm enjoying this offseason.

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:24 PM
  #927
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,767
vCash: 500
I still would like some of the bigger holes fixed instead of duck taping the smaller ones

sa cyred is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:30 PM
  #928
zarley zelepukin
Registered User
 
zarley zelepukin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I'm sure they also noticed Bryz's inability to stop pucks in the Pitt series too.
I'm sure they noticed how ridiculous the type of hockey being played in that series was.

zarley zelepukin is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:34 PM
  #929
zarley zelepukin
Registered User
 
zarley zelepukin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
I think their offseason has been solid. Duct taping smaller holes is fine with me because my focus is on how the younger players develop more than winning it all right now. They're just not set up as a Cup contender at the moment.

zarley zelepukin is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:45 PM
  #930
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Yes, we get it. You think that the entire team is going to suck and be terrible and the only way to prevent it is if we trade half our core to get those shining white knights known as Nash and Ryan. Because somehow, one of those two 60 point players will magically prevent the whole team from tanking.

Also, it's just adorable that you want the team to miss the playoffs completely just to prove a half-baked, extreme-fringe theory. You tell him that he cares about youth more than winning...and in the process prove that you care more about being right than winning. There's a word for that, starts with an "H," ends with an "ypocrisy"
you know what believe what you want because this team isnt winning anything anyway because you ignore everything i say, and dont bother looking every teams roster to think this team is way over those teams, if that's what you think then why didnt the flyers win a cup? you think the offense is so good, they cant beat the rangers or devils forecheck, what makes you think this team can beat rangers or devils without jagr or without an upgrade? it's not going to change, it's the same team without a scoring player like jagr, which is worse.

toughfighter83* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:47 PM
  #931
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
you know what believe what you want because this team isnt winning anything anyway because you ignore everything i say, and dont bother looking every teams roster to think this team is way over those teams, if that's what you think then why didnt the flyers win a cup? you think the offense is so good, they cant beat the rangers or devils forecheck, what makes you think this team can beat rangers or devils without jagr or without an upgrade? it's not going to change, it's the same team without a scoring player like jagr, which is worse.
Serious question... how old are you?

Amateur Hour is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:50 PM
  #932
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
you know what believe what you want because this team isnt winning anything anyway because you ignore everything i say, and dont bother looking every teams roster to think this team is way over those teams, if that's what you think then why didnt the flyers win a cup? you think the offense is so good, they cant beat the rangers or devils forecheck, what makes you think this team can beat rangers or devils without jagr or without an upgrade? it's not going to change, it's the same team without a scoring player like jagr, which is worse.
So this team is incapable of beating the aggressive forecheck of the New Jersey Devils, that had our D unable to pass out of our zone, because Jagr is gone?

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:54 PM
  #933
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
you know what believe what you want because this team isnt winning anything anyway because you ignore everything i say, and dont bother looking every teams roster to think this team is way over those teams, if that's what you think then why didnt the flyers win a cup? you think the offense is so good, they cant beat the rangers or devils forecheck, what makes you think this team can beat rangers or devils without jagr or without an upgrade? it's not going to change, it's the same team without a scoring player like jagr, which is worse.
Ignore what you say? Nothing you say makes any rational sense. For instance, you claim that everyone is going to suck because....who the hell knows? You propose that the solution to this is Nash or Ryan. What makes you think that either one of them will make a shred of difference if the entire team collapses?

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:54 PM
  #934
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Serious question... how old are you?

answer the question

toughfighter83* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:55 PM
  #935
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
So this team is incapable of beating the aggressive forecheck of the New Jersey Devils, that had our D unable to pass out of our zone, because Jagr is gone?
Yes.

Also, because we struggled against 2 of the 30 teams in the NHL, we should detonate the entire team because that will somehow fix everything.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:56 PM
  #936
thephillyflu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
answer the question
that make sense though

thephillyflu is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:01 PM
  #937
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Yes.

Also, because we struggled against 2 of the 30 teams in the NHL, we should detonate the entire team because that will somehow fix everything.
Also we should get rid of one of the best, young offensive cores in the NHL so we can bring in high cap players who will play for a year or two and be done.

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:04 PM
  #938
MillerTime2181
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
So uhh any news on the Voracek situation? If they've honestly decided that the trade market is a little too expensive then I'd like to see Voracek locked up long-term.

MillerTime2181 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:20 PM
  #939
CTU2fan
Registered User
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
I'm kind of glad they're pretty much standing pat, at least in re: the UFA market. Parise is a nice player who got paid like a generational-type talent, which he is not. Suter is a nice d-man who may be a great d-man but IMO there's some uncertainty about how both he and Weber might do carrying their own top pairing. And after that...well we saw what Carle got, what Wideman got, what Dallas gave Whitney and Jagr...in this market Doan likely gets north of $5M AAV for multiple years and I pray it's not from the Flyers. I'm a little concerned about the D, but I think there's a good chance that adding Schenn, along with a full season of Grossmann and Meszaros, makes up for Carle's departure.

And Bryz should be better...right? Because really, if he's not better/more consistent then it really doesn't matter what other moves Homer makes. He doesn't have to be spectacular; if he's solid they're a contender. If he's not...then they're screwed.

CTU2fan is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:36 PM
  #940
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,402
vCash: 500
If Kimmo has injury troubles this team will have a lot of problems.

usahockey22flyers is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:39 PM
  #941
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne
 
phillyflyerfan1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancover Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
I'd like Voracek on anything from a 2 to 4 year deal. Likely going to be $4mil+ per, using the recent David Perron contract as an example (and surprisingly Jake is probably more proven than Perron). I could see Jake getting $18mil over 4 years (AAV @ $4.5mil) and I'd probably be happy with it.

If Jake takes the 'next step and becomes a 60+ point player - which I think a lot people think he will become - then he can easily be our first line RW. I think the kid needs top line minutes to be successful but we won't have to use him in a 'relied-upon' role as we can comfortably be rolling 3 lines at even strength consistantly (Briere is a liability defensively still so he should get a lot of offensive zone starts - kinda like what Vancouver does with the Sedins).

---

I still think we need one more, strong two-way forward. I'm thinking Fedotenko pulls a Talbot and hits 25+pts and 10+ goals and I think Talbot repeats his success with 25+pts and 10+ goals again. Wellwood can easily do the same. We have a very solid bottom six especially if Couturier and Read are in it. I would like one more Winnik-esque player just to have a really good grinder line as our 4th line:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek (should be a good line at both ends)
Schenn - Briere - Simmonds (good line, needs to get better in own zone)
Wellwood - Couturier - Read (love it, speed and skill. strong in own zone)
Winnik/UFA - Talbot - Fedotenko (grinder line at it's best)

Grossmann - Coburn
Timonen/Meszaros - Schenn
Timonen/Meszaros - #6
Gervais
Lilja

Give Coburn big minutes. Give Timonen big PP minutes. Grossmann, Schenn and Meszaros should do well eating up the rest. Several good possibilities for pairings on our defense. I like it.



Our entire season, however, is gonna be relying on Bryzgalov to have a bounce back year. Nothing unreal like his play in March but a solid 65+ game starter who can steal games every once in a while. Stats won't matter if he wins us some games without having to be bailed out by our offense every time. 2 goals or less most nights with the odd 3+ GA would be fantastic.

phillyflyerfan1992 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:45 PM
  #942
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
If Kimmo has injury troubles this team will have a lot of problems.
That's been true since Pronger went down.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:49 PM
  #943
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
you know what believe what you want because this team isnt winning anything anyway because you ignore everything i say, and dont bother looking every teams roster to think this team is way over those teams, if that's what you think then why didnt the flyers win a cup? you think the offense is so good, they cant beat the rangers or devils forecheck, what makes you think this team can beat rangers or devils without jagr or without an upgrade? it's not going to change, it's the same team without a scoring player like jagr, which is worse.
Hello toughfighter, I have a friend i'd like to introduce you to. He's called Mr Necessary-Punctuation.

1865 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:50 PM
  #944
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Hello toughfighter, I have a friend i'd like to introduce you to. He's called Mr Necessary-Punctuation.
You missed some punctuation there

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
  #945
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
You missed some punctuation there
But...so did you...

My God this world is ending.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:59 PM
  #946
skoods
Registered User
 
skoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
Im sure that these players around the league didnt notice how the New Jersey forecheck is what beat us in the playoffs. Bryz is the only reason we lost those games by small margins.

Panaccio just wants to create a story because there is no story at the moment.
What a ridiculous notion that is. Teams don't refuse to sign with teams because they believe their goaltender can't carry a team to a cup. If that's the case, why did parise and suter sign with a team whose goalie hasn't made the playoffs in four years? And how did the flyers always land top free agents with their revolving door in the crease?

Players sign because of the money and sometimes, in the case of the two aforementioned UFAs, because of comfortability.

skoods is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 07:34 PM
  #947
schroed3r
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
From the other board:

Manayunk Mike:

Quote


#Flyers may have offered Voracek, Gustafsson, Laughton and a 1st rounder to #Ducks for Bobby Ryan. Looking into it. Wow

schroed3r is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 07:37 PM
  #948
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schroed3r View Post
From the other board:

Manayunk Mike:

Quote


#Flyers may have offered Voracek, Gustafsson, Laughton and a 1st rounder to #Ducks for Bobby Ryan. Looking into it. Wow
Can the 1st rounder be a 2014 or 2015 1st?

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 07:42 PM
  #949
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by schroed3r View Post
From the other board:

Manayunk Mike:

Quote


#Flyers may have offered Voracek, Gustafsson, Laughton and a 1st rounder to #Ducks for Bobby Ryan. Looking into it. Wow
Judging by the poster I'll just add that grain of salt to my dinner.

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
  #950
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 500
Ehhhh, I'd do it.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.