HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Sit and Think Things Through Thoroughly (Matt Carle signed with Tampa Bay)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 05:17 PM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
I'm enjoying this offseason.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:24 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I still would like some of the bigger holes fixed instead of duck taping the smaller ones

Old
07-05-2012, 05:30 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I'm sure they also noticed Bryz's inability to stop pucks in the Pitt series too.
I'm sure they noticed how ridiculous the type of hockey being played in that series was.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:34 PM
zarley zelepukin

I think their offseason has been solid. Duct taping smaller holes is fine with me because my focus is on how the younger players develop more than winning it all right now. They're just not set up as a Cup contender at the moment.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:45 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Yes, we get it. You think that the entire team is going to suck and be terrible and the only way to prevent it is if we trade half our core to get those shining white knights known as Nash and Ryan. Because somehow, one of those two 60 point players will magically prevent the whole team from tanking.

Also, it's just adorable that you want the team to miss the playoffs completely just to prove a half-baked, extreme-fringe theory. You tell him that he cares about youth more than winning...and in the process prove that you care more about being right than winning. There's a word for that, starts with an "H," ends with an "ypocrisy"
you know what believe what you want because this team isnt winning anything anyway because you ignore everything i say, and dont bother looking every teams roster to think this team is way over those teams, if that's what you think then why didnt the flyers win a cup? you think the offense is so good, they cant beat the rangers or devils forecheck, what makes you think this team can beat rangers or devils without jagr or without an upgrade? it's not going to change, it's the same team without a scoring player like jagr, which is worse.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
you know what believe what you want because this team isnt winning anything anyway because you ignore everything i say, and dont bother looking every teams roster to think this team is way over those teams, if that's what you think then why didnt the flyers win a cup? you think the offense is so good, they cant beat the rangers or devils forecheck, what makes you think this team can beat rangers or devils without jagr or without an upgrade? it's not going to change, it's the same team without a scoring player like jagr, which is worse.
Serious question... how old are you?

Old
07-05-2012, 05:50 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
So this team is incapable of beating the aggressive forecheck of the New Jersey Devils, that had our D unable to pass out of our zone, because Jagr is gone?

Old
07-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Ignore what you say? Nothing you say makes any rational sense. For instance, you claim that everyone is going to suck because....who the hell knows? You propose that the solution to this is Nash or Ryan. What makes you think that either one of them will make a shred of difference if the entire team collapses?

07-05-2012, 05:54 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Serious question... how old are you?

answer the question

Old
07-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
So this team is incapable of beating the aggressive forecheck of the New Jersey Devils, that had our D unable to pass out of our zone, because Jagr is gone?
Yes.

Also, because we struggled against 2 of the 30 teams in the NHL, we should detonate the entire team because that will somehow fix everything.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:56 PM
thephillyflu

Quote:
answer the question
that make sense though

Old
07-05-2012, 06:01 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Yes.

Also, because we struggled against 2 of the 30 teams in the NHL, we should detonate the entire team because that will somehow fix everything.
Also we should get rid of one of the best, young offensive cores in the NHL so we can bring in high cap players who will play for a year or two and be done.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:04 PM
MillerTime2181

So uhh any news on the Voracek situation? If they've honestly decided that the trade market is a little too expensive then I'd like to see Voracek locked up long-term.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:20 PM
CTU2fan

I'm kind of glad they're pretty much standing pat, at least in re: the UFA market. Parise is a nice player who got paid like a generational-type talent, which he is not. Suter is a nice d-man who may be a great d-man but IMO there's some uncertainty about how both he and Weber might do carrying their own top pairing. And after that...well we saw what Carle got, what Wideman got, what Dallas gave Whitney and Jagr...in this market Doan likely gets north of $5M AAV for multiple years and I pray it's not from the Flyers. I'm a little concerned about the D, but I think there's a good chance that adding Schenn, along with a full season of Grossmann and Meszaros, makes up for Carle's departure.

And Bryz should be better...right? Because really, if he's not better/more consistent then it really doesn't matter what other moves Homer makes. He doesn't have to be spectacular; if he's solid they're a contender. If he's not...then they're screwed.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:36 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

If Kimmo has injury troubles this team will have a lot of problems.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:39 PM
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne

I'd like Voracek on anything from a 2 to 4 year deal. Likely going to be $4mil+ per, using the recent David Perron contract as an example (and surprisingly Jake is probably more proven than Perron). I could see Jake getting $18mil over 4 years (AAV @ $4.5mil) and I'd probably be happy with it.

If Jake takes the 'next step and becomes a 60+ point player - which I think a lot people think he will become - then he can easily be our first line RW. I think the kid needs top line minutes to be successful but we won't have to use him in a 'relied-upon' role as we can comfortably be rolling 3 lines at even strength consistantly (Briere is a liability defensively still so he should get a lot of offensive zone starts - kinda like what Vancouver does with the Sedins).

---

I still think we need one more, strong two-way forward. I'm thinking Fedotenko pulls a Talbot and hits 25+pts and 10+ goals and I think Talbot repeats his success with 25+pts and 10+ goals again. Wellwood can easily do the same. We have a very solid bottom six especially if Couturier and Read are in it. I would like one more Winnik-esque player just to have a really good grinder line as our 4th line:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek (should be a good line at both ends)
Schenn - Briere - Simmonds (good line, needs to get better in own zone)
Wellwood - Couturier - Read (love it, speed and skill. strong in own zone)
Winnik/UFA - Talbot - Fedotenko (grinder line at it's best)

Grossmann - Coburn
Timonen/Meszaros - Schenn
Timonen/Meszaros - #6
Gervais
Lilja

Give Coburn big minutes. Give Timonen big PP minutes. Grossmann, Schenn and Meszaros should do well eating up the rest. Several good possibilities for pairings on our defense. I like it.

Our entire season, however, is gonna be relying on Bryzgalov to have a bounce back year. Nothing unreal like his play in March but a solid 65+ game starter who can steal games every once in a while. Stats won't matter if he wins us some games without having to be bailed out by our offense every time. 2 goals or less most nights with the odd 3+ GA would be fantastic.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
If Kimmo has injury troubles this team will have a lot of problems.
That's been true since Pronger went down.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Hello toughfighter, I have a friend i'd like to introduce you to. He's called Mr Necessary-Punctuation.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Hello toughfighter, I have a friend i'd like to introduce you to. He's called Mr Necessary-Punctuation.
You missed some punctuation there

Old
07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
You missed some punctuation there
But...so did you...

My God this world is ending.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:59 PM
skoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
Im sure that these players around the league didnt notice how the New Jersey forecheck is what beat us in the playoffs. Bryz is the only reason we lost those games by small margins.

Panaccio just wants to create a story because there is no story at the moment.
What a ridiculous notion that is. Teams don't refuse to sign with teams because they believe their goaltender can't carry a team to a cup. If that's the case, why did parise and suter sign with a team whose goalie hasn't made the playoffs in four years? And how did the flyers always land top free agents with their revolving door in the crease?

Players sign because of the money and sometimes, in the case of the two aforementioned UFAs, because of comfortability.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:34 PM
schroed3r

From the other board:

Manayunk Mike:

#Flyers may have offered Voracek, Gustafsson, Laughton and a 1st rounder to #Ducks for Bobby Ryan. Looking into it. Wow

Old
07-05-2012, 07:37 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroed3r View Post
From the other board:

Manayunk Mike:

#Flyers may have offered Voracek, Gustafsson, Laughton and a 1st rounder to #Ducks for Bobby Ryan. Looking into it. Wow
Can the 1st rounder be a 2014 or 2015 1st?

Old
07-05-2012, 07:42 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by schroed3r View Post
From the other board:

Manayunk Mike:

Judging by the poster I'll just add that grain of salt to my dinner.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Ehhhh, I'd do it.

Closed Thread