HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Stralman files for arbitration

Old
07-05-2012, 07:32 PM
LordsCup*

vCash: 500
Im happy bringing him back on another one year deal.

Put him on the 3rd pair with fellow swede Erixon? Sounds good to me.

Last edited by LordsCup*: 07-05-2012 at 07:44 PM.
LordsCup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 07:33 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I'm fine with this so long as the opening night lineup doesn't have both Stralman and Bickel in it.

07-05-2012, 07:33 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Eminger is awful. Stralman is significantly better. They're both liable to make brain farts in their own zone but Stralman is a lot better offensively. Much better passer.
i thought eminger played really well last year until he got hurt and then he was a disaster after he returned from the injury

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
i thought eminger played really well last year until he got hurt and then he was a disaster after he returned from the injury
Wouldn't know, he barely played after he returned. Bickel got the job full time.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 07:51 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
Per a bunch of legitimate sources.

Pat Leonard @NYDNRangers
Anton Stralman has elected salary arbitration, so unless #NYR opt out (not expected to), the RFA D-man will be a Ranger next season
I have a soft spot for Stralzy. I would even give him a three year deal at 2 AAV. Very solid #5 dman. Hes only 26, in his prime and provides solid production from the point for a 2nd/3rd pair dman.

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:34 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anisimov42 View Post
I have a soft spot for Stralzy. I would even give him a three year deal at 2 AAV. Very solid #5 dman. Hes only 26, in his prime and provides solid production from the point for a 2nd/3rd pair dman.
I believe we can only offer him a one year deal since he is going to arbitration (or a 2yr deal if we requested arbitration? I forgot exact details)

We got Mclirath hopefully ready in a year or two so we dont want to tie up the pipe lines.

I think a one year stop cap is perfect. If we need him again next year, we can always resign him again.

LordsCup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:03 PM
GamerZX101

We desperately needed him back. We have NO depth at right d. If you think Bickel should be in the lineup every night, you're an idiot plain and simple.

Still need at least another d-man, preferrably a top-4 guy.

GamerZX101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Great news. He really stepped up his game in the playoffs and that's important, especially for a lower pairing defenseman.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:40 PM
NJRangers35

This is amazing news. Sign this guy up for 3 years if possible. He was vastly underrated throughout the season and great in the playoffs. Everyone is saying he is a bottom pairing guy, but I would feel 100% comfortable with him pairing up with Staal next season. Really thought he was gone after the season, couldn't be happier now.

NJRangers35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
I believe we can only offer him a one year deal since he is going to arbitration (or a 2yr deal if we requested arbitration? I forgot exact details)

We got Mclirath hopefully ready in a year or two so we dont want to tie up the pipe lines.

I think a one year stop cap is perfect. If we need him again next year, we can always resign him again.
the 1 or 2 year limit is only if you go to arbitration, there is no restriction to a deal if it is negotiated before the hearing

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:16 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Stralman situation is a perfect one for the rangers. More of a veteran player now as he is not young anymore. He is going to come cheap and probably only be here for one more year as is family wants to go back to Sweden. He solidifies the bottom pair and will give us good minutes being a #5/6 guy. He understand the philosophy and locker room. He fit in well last year. He can be a perfect stopgap for Erixon and/or McIlrath.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Excellent. Would love to keep him.

07-06-2012, 12:34 AM
LotsOfHags
Hag You Much

Send a message via AIM to LotsOfHags Send a message via Yahoo to LotsOfHags
This hip check won me over .

LotsOfHags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:01 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Stralman situation is a perfect one for the rangers. More of a veteran player now as he is not young anymore. He is going to come cheap and probably only be here for one more year as is family wants to go back to Sweden. He solidifies the bottom pair and will give us good minutes being a #5/6 guy. He understand the philosophy and locker room. He fit in well last year. He can be a perfect stopgap for Erixon and/or McIlrath.
Actually, it's more likely Strålman is looking for at least a two year contract.
Quote:
But with Stralman filing for salary arbitration, it likely signals the desire on both sides to work out a multi-year deal. Again, just a guess, but perhaps two years at $2.6 million or three years at $3.9 million might be in the ballpark for Stralman, who had two goals and 16 assists in 53 games for the Rangers after he was in the Devils’ training camp as a tryout after two seasons with the Maple Leafs and two with the Blue Jackets. But Stralman was reliable in the Rangers’ three-round playoff run with three goals and three assists in 20 games.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...n_dz_does_not/

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:33 AM
Superstar Carwash

Glad to see him coming back! I remember when he was just signed and almost everyone was mocking him or at the very least had serious doubts. Even Torts said he didn't like the signing. Over the course of the season he definitely won Torts over, and it seems like he did that with this board as well. The way he elevated his game in the playoffs was a joy to see. He just played with such confidence and composure, which is kind of suprising since he had absolutely zero playoff experience. Nevertheless, it's very nice to see and I hope he can get a multiyear deal done. Perfect bottom pairing guy who can temporarily step up to 3/4th pairing for a number of games if needed.

Superstar Carwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:47 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Stralman is 2 years away from group III under the rules of the current CBA.

Quote:
Anton Stralman opted for salary arbitration last night, meaning the defenseman, who turns 26 on Aug. 1, almost assuredly will return to the Rangers for a multi-year deal. Stralman finished the season playing on the second pair, along with the power play, and had been considering returning to his native Sweden, heavily leaning that way when the season ended.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1zpmzzlv0

2 years MAX.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:55 AM
messierjagrlundqvist
Pop Star

Stralman was a standout player for a few playoff games. He played with poise, got better down the stretch, and he's a gamer, it seems. Also he's only 25. I've liked what I've seen. but why isn't anyone talking about him getting better/going into a second gear in his career? could be, seems like he might.

messierjagrlundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:58 AM
AaronT

I'm happy see him come back!
He's a solid player, and really stepped up in the playoffs

AaronT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:09 AM
sfox7076

Yep, Stralman is good for 2 years, but I would take 3 or 4 years. Just because he isn't the next Brian Leetch doesn't mean he isn't valuable. He's 25. He is young and fits with our youth movement. He got better and better as the year went on. If Erixon, McIlrath or someone else proves that he is ready and Stralman gets displaced, we have a 25-26 year old puck moving right D-man to trade. That's a pretty good commodity right now. Sign him long and cheap, and the worst that happens is we send him to the minors and someone claims him (if no trade can be worked out).

sfox7076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:41 AM
NYR Viper

I would do 2 years easily. He fit in well in the locker room and at times was a top-4 d-man for the Rangers. We all know he has the offensive game and his defensive game was what impressed me.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:43 AM
darko

No more than a 2 year deal for Stralman. He played reasonably well but the jury is still out on him IMO.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:49 AM
thepoeticgoblin

Happy to see that Stralsie will probably remain a Ranger, and I mean.. Why wouldn't he want to be? The world's greatest city, Torts magical pep-talks and one of the most interesting teams in the league.

I like Stralman, but I think NYR is as good as it's gonna get for him.. So he should take that opportunity.

thepoeticgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:51 AM
shoothepuck

Glad he'll be back. 2 years is best but even 3 is allright as he has value.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:48 PM
sweranger

Great news. He stepped up in the playoffs big time. Something around 2M per 2 years should do it.

sweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:53 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

glad hes back. he was money in the playoffs and to me, hes a good value at 2 per.

like the guys overall offensive game and i can live with his defensive lapses.

happy to have him returning

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote