HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - This Is The Trade That Doesn't End, Yes It Goes On And On My Friend

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 08:58 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Rick Nash - This Is The Trade That Doesn't End, Yes It Goes On And On My Friend

Continue here.

Remember to keep it on topic otherwise infractions will be doled out.

07-05-2012, 08:59 PM
binop7

I think the next thread should be titled The never ending story.

Old
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

what's the rumor?

Old
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post

I asked that question like 17 threads ago....It was never really answered.
Without going into too much detail, because Kreider and Stepan ARE currently better than anyone in our prospect crop. PLUS, they were an integral part of the team that came up 2 wins short of a SCF appearance... That is a HUGE experience in itself and I can understand the emphasis on keeping these pieces. I wouldn't be surprised the slightest bit if the Rangers stand pat.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
I actually like Miller. Thomas has never done much for me. Columbus already has a few talented shrimps trying to stick in the NHL. The issues with Erixon have been discussed to death here.

Here is a question: if Miller and Thomas are so promising, why is moving a Kreider or Stepan such a problem?

It's been pointed out that the Rangers are young and have a few years of a window here. I actually agree with that for what it is worth.

What is the harm in replacing one of your young forwards with one of the next youngsters in line? They are high end prospects after all.
I know why you're not high on Erixon or Thomas, but to say they are third tier prospects is quite moronic. By Hockeysfuture chart, Erixon will become a first or second pair dman, Miller a 1st line or second line forward, and Thomas a 1/2 line forward or AHL'er(I do believe he has a high chance on not being anything). How is that third tier? This is all Nash aside. Erixon and Miller are definitely blue-chippers. Erixon will be an NHL'er this year, and Miller will be at least a 4th line center right now.

I would actually be okay with trading Stepan. I would slot Anisimov on 2nd line and Miller on 3rd, and Miller will surpass Arty quickly. I would do Stepan, Dubinsky, and a 1st. I believe that is a fair deal.

Old
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

some people starting proposing not knowing what his value was..

Old
tmunnuch

It should be called the Rick Nash Trade paradox. Teams trading for Rick Nash want to upgrade their offense. Howson trading away Rick Nash has apparently no need to upgrade defense, wants to upgrade offense, and is asking for significant chunks (Couture, Skinner, Kreider) of the other teams' offense. Does he not realize how ridiculous that is?

Old
07-05-2012, 09:01 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erza Scarlet View Post
what's the rumor?
Howson started talking to teams in February about Nash. Apparently still isn't any closer to a Nash deal than at the TD. If Aportzline is to believed, Howson also hasn't deemed any offer good enough to present to nash's camp

Old
07-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Some people started negotiating not knowing what it was

And they continued negotiating forever just because!!

Old
07-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
Without going into too much detail, because Kreider and Stepan ARE currently better than anyone in our prospect crop. PLUS, they were an integral part of the team that came up 2 wins short of a SCF appearance... That is a HUGE experience in itself and I can understand the emphasis on keeping these pieces. I wouldn't be surprised the slightest bit if the Rangers stand pat.
Nor would I care if they stand pat. That experience can go a long way. This team will still get better by attrition.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:04 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Re: Tim Erixon's Lunchbox

Thanks for that response. I personally think that your proposal is a fair compromise and one that would generally be accepted amongst CBJ fans (though some may want to squeeze another pick or prospect of some sort)

And you're right - the Rangers prospects aren't third tier. There is a lot of hyperbole getting tossed around on all sides of this discussion.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Exit Dose

Rick Nash: Columbus...****. I'm still only in Columbus.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:05 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tripps View Post
Some people started negotiating not knowing what it was

And they continued negotiating forever just because!!
Thank you for making me laugh. The various iterations of this thread have been really serious and sometimes frustrating and this brightened my day a bit.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Nose of Sutter

We should find a movie to base all the titles off of like the Luongo threads.

Old
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
I know why you're not high on Erixon or Thomas, but to say they are third tier prospects is quite moronic. By Hockeysfuture chart, Erixon will become a first or second pair dman, Miller a 1st line or second line forward, and Thomas a 1/2 line forward or AHL'er(I do believe he has a high chance on not being anything). How is that third tier? This is all Nash aside. Erixon and Miller are definitely blue-chippers. Erixon will be an NHL'er this year, and Miller will be at least a 4th line center right now.

I would actually be okay with trading Stepan. I would slot Anisimov on 2nd line and Miller on 3rd, and Miller will surpass Arty quickly. I would do Stepan, Dubinsky, and a 1st. I believe that is a fair deal.
I'm a leafs fan, but I think Stepan will be something special. I would personally trade MDZ if i was sather.

Old
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post

Thanks for that response. I personally think that your proposal is a fair compromise and one that would generally be accepted amongst CBJ fans (though some may want to squeeze another pick or prospect of some sort)

And you're right - the Rangers prospects aren't third tier. There is a lot of hyperbole getting tossed around on all sides of this discussion.
It would be a tough pill to swallow, but I truly think Nash would be a 40/40 guy here. I think the camp of people who think Nash is only a 30/30 guy aren't going to like my proposal, but so be it, for their sake I'm not the GM.

And yeah, its ridiculous in here, I don't think some people know that what anyone in here is saying has absolutely 0 outcome on what happens.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
I'm a leafs fan, but I think Stepan will be something special. I would personally trade MDZ if i was sather.
If Schultz came to NYR I would in a heart beat, but I wouldn't now. He is the best offensive defenseman on the Rangers by quite a bit, and would be a big sting. I like Stepan a lot, but I believe due to his skating he won't be anything more than a 55-60 point center. I'm much higher on Miller, and hope he becomes a Kesler type guy. Also Columbus really doesn't want D.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post

Yeah...It's fair at least. Damn. Erixson's lunchbox proposed that?

CBJ problem going forward: That's 4 centers now: Brassard, Stepan, Johansen, Dubinsky, and Letestu makes 5. Can any of these guys play wing?

Old
07-05-2012, 09:11 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
Nor would I care if they stand pat. That experience can go a long way. This team will still get better by attrition.
Every angle I've seen up to this point have pointed to the Rangers 'Sticking to the plan'. It's funny because I saw the piece on Modano on NHL Net and Hitchcock mentioned how getting to Game 6 in the WCF made the Stars realize what it took to go all the way. We've seen this so many times before where that first taste of Playoff success (Red Wings, Stars, Tampa, Pens, Blackhawks) setup an eventual Cup win. Hopefully we've grown out of the Shiny New Toy Syndrome...

Old
07-05-2012, 09:13 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
It would be a tough pill to swallow, but I truly think Nash would be a 40/40 guy here. I think the camp of people who think Nash is only a 30/30 guy aren't going to like my proposal, but so be it, for their sake I'm not the GM.

And yeah, its ridiculous in here, I don't think some people know that what anyone in here is saying has absolutely 0 outcome on what happens.
I agree. I think Nash and Richards could be a thing of beauty. Plus I have a feeling the guy is going to be energized.

As for your second point, I am faxing transcripts to Howson as we speak.

I'll let you know how that turns out.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:14 PM
we want the cup 94

Well the truth unless a GM of Det , Phi , NYR, SJ or Pens . Goes insane the return for NASH will be One NHL player 2 prospects and a pick or two . If that much if the BJs believe that isnt enough Nash will have to get up and man up and open his mouth . Till then this back and fourth isnt going anywhere . Every team after Nash is in a better postion then the BJs and just want another scorer

Old
07-05-2012, 09:14 PM
SammyTheBull

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
I think the next thread should be titled The never ending story.
"Nash to the LA Kings"

Old
07-05-2012, 09:16 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyTheBull View Post
"Nash to the LA Kings"
Maybe a steve nash for rick nash swap would be more to howson's liking.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Yeah...It's fair at least. Damn. Erixson's lunchbox proposed that?

CBJ problem going forward: That's 4 centers now: Brassard, Stepan, Johansen, Dubinsky, and Letestu makes 5. Can any of these guys play wing?
Dubi can.
Johan is still unproven.

Depth at center isn't a bad thing.

Or we could move Brassard in a deal for Bobby Ryan.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

To bad OTT is not on his list. Spezza to Nash, boom.