HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VI: The Nick Rash edition (Fedotenko signs w/ Philly)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 08:04 PM
NYRJE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
I don't want to sign anyone right now. Just because a deal for Nash or Ryan seems impossible at this point doesn't mean we need to sign someone.

I know we overachieved (a lot) last year, but I'd rather just go to battle with the guys we have, see who's available at the deadline, and more importantly, on July 1 2013.

Perry, Getzlaf, Filppula, Lupul, Clowe and Horton are all much better options than Doan and Semin.

Granted, not all of them are going to make it there, but I'd rather wait it out than just sign someone for the sake of it.
Completely agree with you on this. I'd rather take a chance with what have currently, even if it's a small step backward, than to sign/trade someone for the sake of making a move. Hang in there

Old
07-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Howson turned down ALL of the Islanders' picks in this past draft because he didn't want to move down two spots in the first round. Hands down dumbest GM in the league. Feaster is riding his coat tails though.
i feel like howson's time left in columbus is short...and is really based on the return for nash once he is traded...i just feel his time is up there lol

Old
07-05-2012, 08:19 PM
NYRJE

I'm obviously not familiar with how the process works but, at a certain point, don't you just say,"Look, it's obvious we're not going to get this done so we'll look elsewhere, thank you"?

Old
07-05-2012, 08:24 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJE View Post
I'm obviously not familiar with how the process works but, at a certain point, don't you just say,"Look, it's obvious we're not going to get this done so we'll look elsewhere, thank you"?
In most cases, yes. Some teams have done that already in regards to Nash.

But not with Uncle Glennie and especially when he knows that player is going to be moved, whether it's tonight or next February.

Sather is notorious for grinding down GMs in negotiations. Big part of the reason why he rarely loses a trade.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Maineice11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJE View Post
sather's been at this for so long...he knows when to let go and move on and when to hang on and wait...see previous pages about jagr trade....

i feel when it comes to a guy like nash and you know that the other gm's demands are insane, you have to just wait it out till he comes back to earth...so i think the best thing to do is just stay patient and i do believe we will see sather work magic or he will let it go, he's been smarter the past few years especially with torts i think keeping him in check lol

Old
07-05-2012, 08:30 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
i feel like howson's time left in columbus is short...and is really based on the return for nash once he is traded...i just feel his time is up there lol
I don't know why he's still there. The owner or President should have fired him a while ago. Scott How-do-I-still-have-a-job-son.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

So apparently, Erixon, Miller, and Thomas are "third tier prospects". Jesus. I don't even know what to do anymore.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Maineice11

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
I don't know why he's still there. The owner or President should have fired him a while ago. Scott How-do-I-still-have-a-job-son.
haha...i could do a better job than he has done...course i give him credit for getting jack johnson for jeff carter...i felt that was a heck of a deal...bad thing to give credit to howson, but he's gotta get at least one right lol....i will say that howson is setting his team up for failure if nash is not moved by the start of the season, if he is not moved the blue jackets will not be a half decent team

Old
07-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
So apparently, Erixon, Miller, and Thomas are "third tier prospects". Jesus. I don't even know what to do anymore.
Completely avoiding the twits on the main boards would be a good start.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:49 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
haha...i could do a better job than he has done...course i give him credit for getting jack johnson for jeff carter...i felt that was a heck of a deal...bad thing to give credit to howson, but he's gotta get at least one right lol....i will say that howson is setting his team up for failure if nash is not moved by the start of the season, if he is not moved the blue jackets will not be a half decent team
No he really didn't. Jack Johnson is vastly overrated. Other than a short stretch after the 2010 Olympics, he's been a 3-4 defenseman. The Kings took off once they got rid of him.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
**** 'em. As if they'd know what a decent prospect looked like.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
No he really didn't. Jack Johnson is vastly overrated. Other than a short stretch after the 2010 Olympics, he's been a 3-4 defenseman. The Kings took off once they got rid of him.
Yeah he sucks and has an attitude problem. Signing Wisniewski to that awful contract, while giving up a pick when he clearly didnt as no one would outbid him was also a dumb move. He doesn't go for guys with good attitudes either. Carter had a bit of attitude problems and then trades him for Johnson and his ego. Also Wiz has an attitude problem too.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Completely avoiding the twits on the main boards would be a good start.
But I keep going there in case there is an update or something. I need to have some more self control.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:02 PM
we want the cup 94

I cant wait till he gets Traded and what the outcome is .. I hope they get fleeced so bad and it comes back to bite them big time . BJs will never ever ever ever ever ever get a NHL 1st line young stud playing for a team . Thats not how trades like this work ... Teams that know what they are doing for the most part would of had this done at the draft. Where they would of got prospects and picks back . They might of walked away with a better return then they will ever get . I hope NASH mans up and speaks put the Fire right under the GMs ass and puts him on the spot . Worst GM ever .....

Old
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Absolutely.

Anyone who can't see a difference simply isn't watching him play. I love the guy and I'd welcome him here if he signed for under 5M. If we could lock him up for 2 years at 4.5? That'd be great. I'd even begrudgingly be OK with 2 @ 5M per.

I mean, it's simply not logical to think that a 36 year old (in October) is not slowing down. It's really ridiculous. Especially one that plays the game the way he does.
I'd be okay with those kind of deals. Doan still has some really solid contributions to make, but we can't ignore the decline either. He plays a sound enough game that he could stick around for another few years, but much like Ryan Smyth, you sign the deal knowing he's may end the deal as much more of a role player than a main cog in the offense.

I give the guy a lot of credit for sticking with his team for so long. It's not exactly like he was playing in a winning environment like Detroit.

Old
darko

I'll miss Feds.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Maineice11

Quote:
you may have seen him more...ive only seen him a handful of times

Old
07-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Edge

Quote:
People are still tantalized by the tools and the dream of what he could be. Unfortunately, at this point, I don't think he'll ever quite be the defenseman he could be. He's still got a chance to be very good. But I don't see him being great.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
People are still tantalized by the tools and the dream of what he could be. Unfortunately, at this point, I don't think he'll ever quite be the defenseman he could be. He's still got a chance to be very good. But I don't see him being great.
Of course you don't see him being great, he's now in Columbus!

Old
07-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Can something happen tomorrow, it's my day off.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:10 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
It appears the Flyers will not be trade partners for Anaheim's Bobby Ryan or Columbus' Rick Nash - unless their teams lower their demands.

The Flyers do not want to deal Couturier or Brayden Schenn.

"I really like our team, and I'm hesitant to look at anything where I've got to give up something [important] to get something back. We have a lot of good young players that have tremendous potential," Holmgren said. "Quite frankly, I'm happy with our team right now."
Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz1znvthFvY

Tell that to the Columbus people.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:12 PM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

I just bought a Feds jersey for my kid for his bday in May.... The only current Rangee jersey left is Dubi..... expect him to go next......

Old
07-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Lundsanity30

Hell if philly is out on them two, pitt didn't get parise, and nj lost parise so we r just as capable of winning the east again with the same team and maybe do something during the year

Old
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

So what are we looking at right now to start the season?

Kreider-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Stepan-Anisimov
Dubinsky-Boyle-Pyatt
Asham-Rupp-Haley

??

It sucks!!

Old
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
NYR Viper

2 nights ago I wanted Pyatt. I still want Mueller. Adds skill and size. Give him 3rd line minutes and let him work on his game. Give him PP time as he has a great shot.

Closed Thread