HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

San Jose-St. Louis Swap

Old
07-05-2012, 10:38 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Apparently not.
Not to derail the thread, but if you're referring to the contract Perron just signed compared to the contract Pavs is on, the Cap was $10M less when Pavs signed. And Pavs' contract was a steal even at the time.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:54 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Not to derail the thread, but if you're referring to the contract Perron just signed compared to the contract Pavs is on, the Cap was $10M less when Pavs signed. And Pavs' contract was a steal even at the time.
Both are on great contracts. I'm referring to the multiple Shark fans who have said that Perron and Oshie have very similar values to Pavelski. To suggest that Pavelski has much more value than Perron, is ridiculous.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Pavelski has a bit more value than Perron. Joe is more proven than Perron, can play both wing and center, has stayed healthy, is better defensively and has 3 seasons of 60 points. They are very similar talent-wise, but I think a straight up swap here would favor the Blues a little and solve a huge need for us. But that's why I see San Jose saying no to this.

BlueDream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Then give us Oshie.
Haha I think it would be too painful to see Oshie helping another Western Conference team especially one who lets just say has a fairly healthy rivalry with the Blues

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:21 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Both are on great contracts. I'm referring to the multiple Shark fans who have said that Perron and Oshie have very similar values to Pavelski. To suggest that Pavelski has much more value than Perron, is ridiculous.
Totally. I'd (personally) be opposed to doing Pavs for Perron straight up simply because while they'll put up similar point totals and Perron's a bit younger, Pavs is a proven playoff performer, a center and a winger, and he's worlds better defensively. But value's not far off.

I'd be much more partial to an Oshie-Pavelski trade. I think they're extremely similar players, but Pavs is a natural center and Oshie has adjusted very well to the wing.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:23 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Well I guess we will not get the impact Dmen he wanted and we will face the same issues we had in last years playoffs. This team needs a top LHD
Running into a dominate Cup winning team without our starting goalie for the series, and our best player missing a game and playing with an MCL sprain in two more?

Long term, a partner for Pietrangelo is important. But while it would be nice to fix this offseason, I don't think it needs to be. That is a move that needs to be done right, not right now.

To be honest, after winning the division, finishing third in the league, and winning the Jennings trophy, I'm more concerned about replacing Arnott's production than replacing Colaiacovo.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:26 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Totally. I'd (personally) be opposed to doing Pavs for Perron straight up simply because while they'll put up similar point totals and Perron's a bit younger, Pavs is a proven playoff performer, a center and a winger, and he's worlds better defensively. But value's not far off.

I'd be much more partial to an Oshie-Pavelski trade. I think they're extremely similar players, but Pavs is a natural center and Oshie has adjusted very well to the wing.
Right. In the other thread a Shark fan wanted a pick added to Perron, and value wise, that would be fine.

I think both Oshie and Perron would need slight adding to, to get Pavelski. Although now that Perron will actually be able to get into shape, his value could really rise.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaallMunson18 View Post
I could care less. Wasn't my team's GM who did it.
I'm glad we got Burns. Compassion is not something that DW will ever show if it means he can make his team better, and why should he?

Kegsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD209 View Post
Joe Pavelski for David Perron

Blues lack a young center that can put the puck in the net. Sharks lack a top line right handed scoring winger. Even though Joe Thornton injured Perron i think theyd make a good line becuase big joe prefers a right handed shot.

McDonald-Pavelski-Oshie/Backes
and
Marleau-Thornton-Perron
seem like improved lines to me what do you think.
Wait? Somebody put some thought into the needs of both teams and then crafted a logical proposal? In all seriousness, if I'm Doug Armstrong I would think long and hard about this deal. I love Perron to death, but I think Joe Pavelski would be a force to be reckoned with on this team. Plus then we could push Berglund to the third line. That'd make for some scary center depth.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Right. In the other thread a Shark fan wanted a pick added to Perron, and value wise, that would be fine.

I think both Oshie and Perron would need slight adding to, to get Pavelski. Although now that Perron will actually be able to get into shape, his value could really rise.
I probably just really like Oshie, but I would take Oshie straight up for Pavelski. Then flip Braun or Demers to Minny for Clutterbuck. Two of the best hitters on one team.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:37 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
I probably just really like Oshie, but I would take Oshie straight up for Pavelski. Then flip Braun or Demers to Minny for Clutterbuck. Two of the best hitters on one team.
Yeah, you're freakin' obsessed with him.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaallMunson18 View Post
I could care less. Wasn't my team's GM who did it.
So, you're saying you do care?

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Yeah, you're freakin' obsessed with him.
I know...I just love physical players with good offensive ability. Clowe isn't a physical player. He just beats up people. I rarely see him throw a big hit.

The Clutterbuck's, Brown's, and Oshie's get their teams and the crowds fired up with big hits and with goals.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
I know...I just love physical players with good offensive ability. Clowe isn't a physical player. He just beats up people. I rarely see him throw a big hit.

The Clutterbuck's, Brown's, and Oshie's get their teams and the crowds fired up with big hits and with goals.
Right there with you.

The Backes/Oshie/Brown/Callahan/Clowe are my type of players.

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:23 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Fans around the league love Oshie and I think that's why his value on HF is probably a bit higher than it is in reality. Both are great players, but I think Perron has the higher ceiling.