HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VI: The Nick Rash edition (Fedotenko signs w/ Philly)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
2 nights ago I wanted Pyatt. I still want Mueller. Adds skill and size. Give him 3rd line minutes and let him work on his game. Give him PP time as he has a great shot.
Pyatt is the Fedotenko replacement?

Old
07-05-2012, 09:21 PM
ShootThePuckBarry

You will be missed Rosy Cheeks

Old
07-05-2012, 09:22 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

All we need is San Jose to drop out, and then Howson will come crawling back to Sather, while Slats laughs while smoking a huge cigar.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
So what are we looking at right now to start the season?

Kreider-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Stepan-Anisimov
Dubinsky-Boyle-Pyatt
Asham-Rupp-Haley

??

It sucks!!
Yeah we need to bump some guys down by getting a top 6'er...bad.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Lundsanity30

I'm still of the belief, that one way or another Nash will be a Ranger even if we end up giving up something we don't want to give

Old
07-05-2012, 09:25 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
So what are we looking at right now to start the season?

Kreider-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Stepan-Anisimov
Dubinsky-Boyle-Pyatt
Asham-Rupp-Haley

??

It sucks!!
We're not done. Sather will make a shrewd trade. He'll grab someone that will produce. Just give it some time. It's July 5th. Something will happen. Sather hasn't messed up yet.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Yeah we need to bump some guys down by getting a top 6'er...bad.
Losing gaborik for first month is going to hurt regardless of what we do. Just get healthy and get in that's the goal before next April

Old
07-05-2012, 09:29 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Prust begs to be together with his old roommate.

Boyle for Pacioretty.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:31 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
We're not done. Sather will make a shrewd trade. He'll grab someone that will produce. Just give it some time. It's July 5th. Something will happen. Sather hasn't messed up yet.

Sather has done well as of late in his player deals.

My guess is that he'll will probably pick up minor free agent or two that might prove useful but not much more.

Can anyone fault him if he doesn't trade anyone after a successful year and doesn't overpay for the free agents that were available in this weak market? He's playing it safe.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I'm still of the belief, that one way or another Nash will be a Ranger even if we end up giving up something we don't want to give
Sather's not going to increase his offer. That's not his modus operandi and Howson has no leverage.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
People are still tantalized by the tools and the dream of what he could be. Unfortunately, at this point, I don't think he'll ever quite be the defenseman he could be. He's still got a chance to be very good. But I don't see him being great.
I couldn't believe how well he played at the Olympics and then it continued when he got back to LA. I thought he had turned the corner. Once that halo passed, he went back to his usual middling self. One game in LA earlier this season I saw him make at least 6 glaring errors. At one point Quick was glaring at him. The toolbox has just never has caught up with the tools.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:51 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Jim Cerny had a chat today. He said Hagelin will be used on the PK more with the departures of Prust and Fedotenko. The Ducks want Stepan in the deal for Ryan. Sather is offering AA. Do some of those people pay attention? They ask questions about Zuccarello and his contract talks. Cerny indicated Dubinsky is the main piece being dangled. No surprise there. They would need to move some other assets but you got the impression Sather is being tough and stubborn. You can't keep all of the young guys if you want to make a trade but Sather is not moving certain players.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
All we need is San Jose to drop out, and then Howson will come crawling back to Sather, while Slats laughs while smoking a huge cigar.
The sad thing is they already did. Weeks ago actually, Howson wouldn't give up on Couture. Granted they may have resumed talks but last thing I saw was they weren't talking.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:52 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Maybe if Howson got some people in there that knew how to scout and get some good players there, they wouldn't be in this situation. Funny, building through the draft and not by trading off your one asset that has value but thinking he'll get you an entire team best prospects.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:54 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Pyatt is the Fedotenko replacement?
Yes. Pyatt on LW and Mueller on the RW. The Rangers need to improve depth if nothing else. Picking up a young talented player like Mueller for nothing more than money is the exact type of boom or bust type of deal that makes sense in this market. Keep the deal short and give him a chance to prove himself. He is 24.

I still think they will trade for a 4th line center and a bottom pairing dman to start the season. And I don't think Dubinsky or Anisimov will be here come training camp.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:57 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

For what I deem important to the depth of the big club next season-

In
Asham
Pyatt

Out
Prust
Feds
Mitchell

I think we are a tad worse, or at best even. Still a lot left to be done but so far its been a meh summer with a struggle to upgrade. IMO losing Prust and Feds hurts more then just losing two bottom forwards. I think they were both very big in the room. With the chemistry this team had last season both of these guys would be near the top of my keeper lists.

Feds I can live with but losing Prust hurts. No blame is assigned though, he got paid and he was way to expensive, good move by both sides. But losing him is the biggest story thus far for me and thats why i feel we aren't as good as last year at this moment. I just feel like he was one of those Cally-tenacious-type guys that fit in so well with the character of the team and sometimes just having them around and not even playing makes a difference. But things can change in a heartbeat. I actually have faith in management, but Im getting the feeling that the next move or two could prove to be very influential (one way or another) towards the success of the team for the near future.

Right now the Rangers need to get another shooter, big time. I have a feeling AA is out. Despite my love for the guy he continually gets knocked off the puck in the big spot, i can deal with losing him though you'll most likely pay for it on the defensive side of the puck. If he's part of a deal and we get back a stick back i make the deal. Dubinsky i don't give up on jusy yet, even though I gotta admit i feel like it sometimes. He can slot into the 3rd line with another top forward in the lineup (and move up before Gabby gets back to fill in) and if gets back into form he can be the guy you need to pot 20-25 down there.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 07-05-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old
07-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Jim Cerny had a chat today. He said Hagelin will be used on the PK more with the departures of Prust and Fedotenko. The Ducks want Stepan in the deal for Ryan. Sather is offering AA. Do some of those people pay attention? They ask questions about Zuccarello and his contract talks. Cerny indicated Dubinsky is the main piece being dangled. No surprise there. They would need to move some other assets but you got the impression Sather is being tough and stubborn. You can't keep all of the young guys if you want to make a trade but Sather is not moving certain players.
there's being stubborn and being dumb imo. For instance, do u really think its fair if Brandon Dubinsky and a bunch of maybe prospects bring back Nash? I been thinking about it, and though I wouldn't move any of the 3, stepan or kreider or mcdonagh going back is fair value. Two of the 3? No way in hell... You fans need to put yourself in the others shoes, if Gabs wanted out, would you take umberger and a bunch of prospects and picks even though he's got a huge cap hit and wants a trade. You don't want to make the deal? Fine ur entitled to that, but if u want him and the best piece your offering is Dubi, you don't want Nash much at all

Old
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
For what I deem important to the depth of the big club next season-

In
Asham
Pyatt

Out
Prust
Feds
Mitchell

I think we are a tad worse, or at best even. Still a lot left to be done but so far its been a meh summer with a struggle to upgrade. IMO losing Prust and Feds hurts more then just losing two bottom forwards. I think they were both very big in the room. With the chemistry this team had last season both of these guys would be near the top of my keeper lists.
I still think we're going to see a fair amount of organic upgrade. For one thing, we'll have a whole season of Kreider. For another, if he's not moved, I really think we'll see more of the old Dubinsky back. If Anisimov spends the whole year at center where he belongs, he'll have a better season statistically. Stepan isn't done developing yet. Hagelin may improve too.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
there's being stubborn and being dumb imo. For instance, do u really think its fair if Brandon Dubinsky and a bunch of maybe prospects bring back Nash? I been thinking about it, and though I wouldn't move any of the 3, stepan or kreider or mcdonagh going back is fair value. Two of the 3? No way in hell... You fans need to put yourself in the others shoes, if Gabs wanted out, would you take umberger and a bunch of prospects and picks even though he's got a huge cap hit and wants a trade. You don't want to make the deal? Fine ur entitled to that, but if u want him and the best piece your offering is Dubi, you don't want Nash much at all
Dubi, AA, Thomas, 1st round pick.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:14 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
No its not fair value. As long as a salary cap exists.

Rangers aren't trading those guys.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:19 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
The sad thing is they already did. Weeks ago actually, Howson wouldn't give up on Couture. Granted they may have resumed talks but last thing I saw was they weren't talking.
I look at San Jose's top two lines and unless they are sending out a winger, not sure how this works for them.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
No its not fair value. As long as a salary cap exists.

Rangers aren't trading those guys.
Which is fine but again, umburger would not get u Gaborik. As I said, I wouldn't for multiple reasons, but if he's asking for ONE of them that's not absurd just like its not absurd for Sather to reject it

Old
07-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Dubi, AA, Thomas, 1st round pick.
Most I would do is dubi or AA + Hagelin prospect not miller or erixon

Old
07-05-2012, 10:23 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
If ALL it cost to have Nash was to pay his 7.8M salary it would be a tough enough call to take him. That's a lot of money for a lot of years for a guy who's very good but not great. When you add to that the fact you have to ALSO give up assets he becomes even more costly. If he scored 10 more goals a year and cost 1M less I'd be much more inclined to pull the trigger...even if it meant giving up Stepan.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
If ALL it cost to have Nash was to pay his 7.8M salary it would be a tough enough call to take him. That's a lot of money for a lot of years for a guy who's very good but not great. When you add to that the fact you have to ALSO give up assets he becomes even more costly. If he scored 10 more goals a year and cost 1M less I'd be much more inclined to pull the trigger...even if it meant giving up Stepan.
I understsnd. I'm just saying asking for ONE of them is not an absurd demand. No I don't do it, but I'm of the belief Nash would be a 75-80 pt player here

Closed Thread