HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VI: The Nick Rash edition (Fedotenko signs w/ Philly)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2012, 11:29 PM
  #876
Alvvays
Man Girardi
 
Alvvays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,250
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, that's out there.
I only said Stepan because he was the other one brought up.

You're missing the point.

__________________
Soon.
Alvvays is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:32 PM
  #877
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,948
vCash: 500
Absolutely no one outside of Hank on our team is untouchable. It would cost a lot to pry them away, but hank is the only true untouchable I can careless what a GM who all spews the same bs as other gms says

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:32 PM
  #878
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
A- You do not know that as 100% fact.

B- Of course the NYR are not going to just "trade" Staal, or are even remotely shopping him. They love Staal, I love Staal, you certainly love Staal, he's great.

But if scenario A is false, scenario B could most definitely be false as well.

No way Staal is a deal-braker in a move for Weber. No way.
Its a ****ing fact.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENT.

He's not being traded this summer.

Lol.

And again. Rangers have said he's "not a deal breaker"? Go find some evidence to back that claim.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:32 PM
  #879
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Go on believing they're trading Staal.

Come back here in October andet me know how that worked out for you.
Why the hell do you think I'm saying they're going to trade Staal?

All I, and others, are saying is that Staal is not untouchable if Weber is available. No one thinks Staal is a trade chip, wants to be moved by management, any of that. But, IF Weber is on the market, and Polie calls saying let's do a deal around Staal, there is NO WAY Sather doesn't make that deal. None.


You are seriously just not getting this discussion at all.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:33 PM
  #880
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Go on believing they're trading Staal.

Come back here in October andet me know how that worked out for you.
Jesus Christ dude, its a hypothetical situation. Front offices have numerous game plans for the offseason. More than either you and I are privy too.

This could be one possible game plan. Will it happen? Probably not, but we are discussing it.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:33 PM
  #881
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
we ALL agree that offense is the issue and the assets should be used for that. The debate has been if Staal as the main piece would be available for Weber
Staal plus what? Kreider? Stepan? Start there, keep adding. Cause that's the price. You think Nashville is letting Weber slip away like Carter, Richards or Heatley? After losing Suter? Think Howson is trying to rebuild with one trade, watch the Weber trade. And you can bet your ass Nashville is banking on the UFA age going up, so Weber is even less available.

So if we ALL agree that offense and defensive depth are the issues, tell me how trading Staal along with offensive pieces for Weber addresses any problems this team has.

Doesn't this belong in the video game thread?

DutchShamrock is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:34 PM
  #882
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Its a ****ing fact.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENT.

He's not being traded this summer.

Lol.

And again. Rangers have said he's "not a deal breaker"? Go find some evidence to back that claim.
Are you serious? Obviously there's not going to be an exact quote about a situation that hasn't arisen yet.

This whole discussion is going way, way over your head. I'm done.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:34 PM
  #883
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Absolutely no one outside of Hank on our team is untouchable. It would cost a lot to pry them away, but hank is the only true untouchable I can careless what a GM who all spews the same bs as other gms says
You're wrong.

Exhibit A: Nash fiasco.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:34 PM
  #884
bobbop
Henrik & Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 5,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Rangers are NOT trading Marc Staal.
If he could bring Weber back, I bet they would. If fact, I'd bet Sather would carry Staal on his back to Nashville to get Weber. Stall is terrific but Weber is one of the top 5-6 players in the entire game. Of course, Nashville would want McDonagh -- younger, cheaper and more years under team control. And more...

But if Nashville can't get him under contract, I think the chances of him being traded are very high. He didn't file for arbitration and I can't imagine Nashville giving him a one year contract knowing he could walk like Suter and Hamhuis did.

bobbop is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:35 PM
  #885
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
A ton of money would prob change his mind LOL. Nashville won't let him go imo
But as we've seen with other UFAs sometimes it's just out of a team's hands. How much more could Nashville offer him to stay? Are they going to throw a 12 year 120M offer at him? Because at the end of the day, a 12 year 100M deal isn't that much better than a 12 year 94M deal if the guy wants to play somewhere else. When you're going to make ~8M/year for a decade most guys are going to pick the city/team over a few hundred thousand more in cash each year.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:35 PM
  #886
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Jesus Christ dude, its a hypothetical situation. Front offices have numerous game plans for the offseason. More than either you and I are privy too.

This could be one possible game plan. Will it happen? Probably not, but we are discussing it.


Someone on here gets it.

For ****'s sake.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:35 PM
  #887
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Jesus Christ dude, its a hypothetical situation. Front offices have numerous game plans for the offseason. More than either you and I are privy too.

This could be one possible game plan. Will it happen? Probably not, but we are discussing it.
Its not even probably.

Its definitely not happening.

Why would Nashville trade Weber when they have him for another year.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:35 PM
  #888
Alvvays
Man Girardi
 
Alvvays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,250
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Its a ****ing fact.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENT.

He's not being traded this summer.

Lol.

And again. Rangers have said he's "not a deal breaker"? Go find some evidence to back that claim.
You're taking this far too literally. Good lord.

Alvvays is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:36 PM
  #889
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
I only said Stepan because he was the other one brought up.

You're missing the point.
Sorry, what was the point? I thought you were saying that Crosby is the same amount better than Stepan as Weber is better than Staal.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:36 PM
  #890
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, that's out there.
It is. You're saying the analogy of two all stars is the same as a 2nd year play compared to the best in the game. Yes, it is out there.


I see that it's not "you"... this is not directed at you BWB.


Last edited by DutchShamrock: 07-05-2012 at 11:41 PM.
DutchShamrock is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:37 PM
  #891
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
You're wrong.

Exhibit A: Nash fiasco.
For NASH. Tell me kreider stepan mcdonagh staal etc are unavailable if crosby stamkos or Malkin hit FA... Untouchable means for ANYONE those 3 included and only Hank is it

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:37 PM
  #892
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Staal plus what? Kreider? Stepan? Start there, keep adding. Cause that's the price. You think Nashville is letting Weber slip away like Carter, Richards or Heatley? After losing Suter? Think Howson is trying to rebuild with one trade, watch the Weber trade. And you can bet your ass Nashville is banking on the UFA age going up, so Weber is even less available.

So if we ALL agree that offense and defensive depth are the issues, tell me how trading Staal along with offensive pieces for Weber addresses any problems this team has.

Doesn't this belong in the video game thread?
Nahh, its not going to get that crazy. Staal, Hagelin, 1or 2prospect, 1 or 2 picks would probably get it done. Depends on what the Flyers offer, and what Nashville covets. Remember, Polie isn't Howson. He is not a crazy person.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:37 PM
  #893
bobbop
Henrik & Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 5,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post

Why would Nashville trade Weber when they have him for another year.
Because they only have him for one more year.

bobbop is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:37 PM
  #894
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Are you serious? Obviously there's not going to be an exact quote about a situation that hasn't arisen yet.

This whole discussion is going way, way over your head. I'm done.
Woot!

Over my head. Lol. Ok.

Some back and let me know when Staal is traded.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:38 PM
  #895
Alvvays
Man Girardi
 
Alvvays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,250
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Sorry, what was the point? I thought you were saying that Crosby is the same amount better than Stepan as Weber is better than Staal.
My point is the "reasoning" being used is completely off. Just saying "_____ will not be moved" doesn't mean they won't be moved in such a hypothetical situation.

Alvvays is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:38 PM
  #896
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Its not even probably.

Its definitely not happening.

Why would Nashville trade Weber when they have him for another year.
Because they might lose him the following year, and Polie wants to get something in return.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:38 PM
  #897
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
For NASH. Tell me kreider stepan mcdonagh staal etc are unavailable if crosby stamkos or Malkin hit FA...
NO. NO. NO.

KREIDER IS NOT BEING TRADED.

SHOW ME A QUOTE FROM RANGERS BRASS SAYING OTHERWISE.


NY Lito is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:39 PM
  #898
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Because they only have him for one more year.
...exactly.

They'll have him play the 12-13 season and then try to negotiate an extension.

Did they trade Suter?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:39 PM
  #899
JayMan82
Registered User
 
JayMan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Why the hell do you think I'm saying they're going to trade Staal?

All I, and others, are saying is that Staal is not untouchable if Weber is available. No one thinks Staal is a trade chip, wants to be moved by management, any of that. But, IF Weber is on the market, and Polie calls saying let's do a deal around Staal, there is NO WAY Sather doesn't make that deal. None.


You are seriously just not getting this discussion at all.
If someone asks you if you want a perennial Norris Trophy candidate in their mid 20s, you say yes all day baby...

JayMan82 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 11:39 PM
  #900
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,167
vCash: 500
There is hypothetical... and then there's video game trades. This is the latter.

The Gms are going to raise the UFA age, Weber is getting screwed in that regard. Nashville will own his rights beyond this season. Staal + anything that isn't crippling will not return Weber. One step forward, two steps back... yep, that's this discussion.

DutchShamrock is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.