HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VI: The Nick Rash edition (Fedotenko signs w/ Philly)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 11:40 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post

Someone on here gets it.

For ****'s sake.
Again.

Get back to me when Staal is traded.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:40 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
For NASH. Tell me kreider stepan mcdonagh staal etc are unavailable if crosby stamkos or Malkin hit FA... Untouchable means for ANYONE those 3 included and only Hank is it
They are not untouchable if Stamkos or Malkin are available. Crosby is a more difficult question because of his injury history...but if he had a clean bill of health then they are available for him too.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:41 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
NO. NO. NO.

KREIDER IS NOT BEING TRADED.

SHOW ME A QUOTE FROM RANGERS BRASS SAYING OTHERWISE.

They have.

Many times.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:42 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Alright, we can knock it off now. It's not going in a good direction.

Back to rehashing the Nash scenario...

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
07-05-2012, 11:42 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post

Back to rehashing the Nash scenario..
Still don't want him. lol

Old
07-05-2012, 11:43 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Again.

Get back to me when Staal is traded.
Jesus H.

Let's walk through this, shall we?

1) No one is saying Staal is going to be traded.

2) No one is saying Weber is going to be moved, or the NYR are 100% interested.

3) IF (hypothetical here, bear with me) Shea Weber was to be available, we are saying Staal would not be a deal-breaker in a move to acquire Weber. In other words, a package centered around Staal is fine by us.

Get it?

Please say yes.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post

Back to rehashing the Nash scenario...
Kreider ++ just so people can finally realize not one player on this team is truly untouchable except hank

Old
07-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Rangers have already been linked to Weber. They want him, if negotiations turn bad and Poile shops him Sather is calling.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:48 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Jesus ****ing Christ.

Let's walk through this, shall we?

1) No one is saying Staal is going to be traded.

2) No one is saying Weber is going to be moved, or the NYR are 100% interested.

3) IF (hypothetical here, bear with me) Shea Weber was to be available, we are saying Staal would not be a deal-breaker in a move to acquire Weber. In other words, a package centered around Staal is fine by us.

Get it?

Please say yes.
Maybe for some of you. But I'm not interested in taking on twice the salary of Staal for a player who I don't think is twice as good overall...AND we're talking about there being more pieces included. Staal gets no love on these boards because he didn't come back from his concussion in his all-star form. The guy was a monster a year ago and was rounding into his old self in the playoffs. Sure, Weber is better. I give you that. But he's not twice the player...and who else would you add to the package in this hypothetical deal? I just don't see it as a good value.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Lundsanity30

Hopefully by some miracle we can get Doan, that would be ideal

Old
07-05-2012, 11:51 PM
OverTheCap

Staal is on a steal of a contract for the next 3 years, with a cap hit of a shade under $4 million. The Rangers would have to decide if it's worth it to pay almost double that amount for an extra 25-30 points from Weber.

I'm not sure if it's such a no-brainer deal. If Staal's contract wasn't so good, then the decision becomes a lot easier. The Rangers are in an ideal situation with their D, loads of talent and they don't tie up a lot of cap space. If they view Weber as that missing piece on the PP, I could see them ponying up and going through with it. But I also think that the money used towards Weber could be utilized elsewhere.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Maybe for some of you. But I'm not interested in taking on twice the salary of Staal for a player who I don't think is twice as good overall...AND we're talking about there being more pieces included. Staal gets no love on these boards because he didn't come back from his concussion in his all-star form. The guy was a monster a year ago and was rounding into his old self in the playoffs. Sure, Weber is better. I give you that. But he's not twice the player...and who else would you add to the package in this hypothetical deal? I just don't see it as a good value.
staal gets "no love" because we would trade him for the best dman in the game who would help our team tremendously? Can't discuss this anymore

Old
07-05-2012, 11:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Staal is on a steal of a contract for the next 3 years, with a cap hit of a shade under $4 million. The Rangers would have to decide if it's worth it to pay almost double that amount for an extra 25-30 points from Weber.

I'm not sure if it's such a no-brainer deal. If Staal's contract wasn't so good, then the decision becomes a lot easier. The Rangers are in an ideal situation with their D, loads of talent and they don't tie up a lot of cap space. If they view Weber as that missing piece on the PP, I could see them ponying up and going through with it. But I also think that the money used towards Weber could be utilized elsewhere.
Bingo...and not unlike the Nash saga, so could the assets.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:53 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Rangers have already been linked to Weber. They want him, if negotiations turn bad and Poile shops him Sather is calling.
Links and stories please?

Old
07-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
We have 27 untouchables though

Old
07-05-2012, 11:54 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Brooks mentioned it a few times in some of his "Slap Shots" articles.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:55 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
staal gets "no love" because we would trade him for the best dman in the game who would help our team tremendously? Can't discuss this anymore
You completely ignored the thrust of my post which centered around value. In a hard cap league you need to maximize the value of ever player. I challenge you to name 10 players in the league (not on ELCs) who are a better value than All-Star defenseman Marc Staal and his 3.975M salary for this year, next year and the year after.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
He won't be moved anyway lol

Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
No its not like saying that.

Its not even remotely close.
to me, thats exactly how you are coming off as....

I know if i was on the rangers management team and had a chance to get shea weber for staal+, id do it in a heartbeat. Other than being a few years older (almost 27) and not as contract friendly, Weber is as good or vastly better in pretty much every category you can ask for. better shot, meaner, tougher to play against, just as good defensively...the guy is, year in and year out, one of the 3 best defenseman in the NHL bar none. Id deal staal for weber and run away cackling like a maniacal lunatic if we got it done.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:

Yep, that is the counter point and certainly lucid. Its not a perfect scenario.

Old
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
You completely ignored the thrust of my post which centered around value. In a hard cap league you need to maximize the value of ever player. I challenge you to name 10 players in the league (not on ELCs) who are a better value than All-Star defenseman Marc Staal and his 3.975M salary for this year, next year and the year after.
We're not talking about any of the top-10/15 defensemen in the league. We're talking about, IMO, the league's best.

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Yeah I'm not digging up the links, I read it a week or two ago. RB probably has it bookmarked, they've also been linked to him by Hradek and Dreger.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
to me, thats exactly how you are coming off as....

I know if i was on the rangers management team and had a chance to get shea weber for staal+, id do it in a heartbeat. Other than being a few years older (almost 27) and not as contract friendly, Weber is as good or vastly better in pretty much every category you can ask for. better shot, meaner, tougher to play against, just as good defensively...the guy is, year in and year out, one of the 3 best defenseman in the NHL bar none. Id deal staal for weber and run away cackling like a maniacal lunatic if we got it done.
this

Old
07-05-2012, 11:58 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:

Cup or no cup, there is the possibility of of him going to Carolina and I wouldn't be surprised if he were offered 6-7 million to play along with his brothers.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:58 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
We're not talking about any of the top-10/15 defensemen in the league. We're talking about, IMO, the league's best.
Yes, perhaps the league's best for another all star defenseman who costs half as much...PLUS other pieces. I'm curious to see what those other pieces would be.

Closed Thread