Notices

Odd man out - Bouchard?

Old
07-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Kari Takko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
If he can actually stay healthy this season and put up around 50 pts, I wouldn't be opposed to re-signing him to a one or two year deal. Cullen is the odd man out not Bouchard.
Cullen has a NTC. Bouchard has DR's word that he won't be traded. Butch is the odd man out.

Kari Takko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I think the real odd man out is Prosser.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:20 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Freitag View Post
If we trade Butch for a d-man, we're going to get a d-man back with a cap hit of 3-4.5mil with more term, who has underperformed.

If we trade Butch as part of a package, we could get something nice back, but it'll still be a player with at least as much money per year with more term.
It would likely be cheaper than looking for a 2nd pairing UFA next offseason though, and shorter term.

TaLoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
If he can actually stay healthy this season and put up around 50 pts, I wouldn't be opposed to re-signing him to a one or two year deal. Cullen is the odd man out not Bouchard.
True Cullen is a situation in itself also. Difference is, he stays healthy and actually gives us a body to put on the ice. PMB for the most part is a guy who most likely will only play a handful of games then sit on the Injured list for more time than he will most likely be healthy. I hate talking so negative about a player I actually like. I just have lost faith in Butch's ability now to remain healthy enough to be worth keeping on the books. To me he had become sort of another Lat's. I loved him too, but there comes a time when you need players who can stay healthy. Being hurt most the season year after year don't do anyone any good.

Blakkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
True but let's just say i'll be as stunned if Bouchard survives the year healthy a Parise/Suter signing here. To me, we have his replacement in Larsson, Coyle, to a lesser extent Granlund as well, and later down the line Haula. Bouchard is one knock in th head away from his career being over, and I will highly doubt we trade him let alone he stays healthy enough to trade. Thankfully though, with our abundance of talent at the forward position now i'm not the least bit worried about losing him for nothing.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Dr Jan Itor

I guess if something comes up that makes the team better, sure, you make the move. But I wouldn't want us to do anything "just to get something for him". Past injuries aside, he can be a valuable contributor to the team this year.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Seems sort of weird to actually have these sort of problems doesn't it? lol

Old
07-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
True but let's just say i'll be as stunned if Bouchard survives the year healthy a Parise/Suter signing here. To me, we have his replacement in Larsson, Coyle, to a lesser extent Granlund as well, and later down the line Haula. Bouchard is one knock in th head away from his career being over, and I will highly doubt we trade him let alone he stays healthy enough to trade. Thankfully though, with our abundance of talent at the forward position now i'm not the least bit worried about losing him for nothing.
To be fair, it looked really good last season until he got an illegal check from behind...

Yeah, I'm still mad. Bogosian.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

I doubt his value would be very high after his injuries the past few years. I would personally like to hold on to him as he is an awesome playmaker when fully healthy. He had quite a few assists only a few years ago. With the top 6 depth that we have now he could possibly fly under the radar again racking up points on that second line with Granlund and Seto!

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:34 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

I think Granlund is too much of a puck possession guy, and we all know how Bouchard likes to be a puck hog at times, those won't work well together. If Butch plays, put him with Koivu and Parise and let Setoguchi and Heatley play on Granlund's wings.

If Butch doesn't play, then Cullen plays LW with Seto on the right and Heatley jumps up to Koivu's line.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
One of those ain't like the others

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
No matter what, Cullen is gone after this season. It's not guaranteed that Butch will be gone.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:36 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
No matter what, Cullen is gone after this season. It's not guaranteed that Butch will be gone.
I think both are gone after the season and Coyle jumps into the top 6.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
To be fair, it looked really good last season until he got an illegal check from behind...

Yeah, I'm still mad. Bogosian.
With Shannaban i never forget, i still don't forget Gonchar on Clutterbuck a few years ago either.

Bouchard concern aside, let's just go into next year with what we got, we're still not yet in a position to trade any offense production away. Fletcher I think will stand pat anyways.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Cullen can be easily replaced. It's gonna be a little tougher to replace Butch from within. That's one of the reasons I wanted to keep Lats though, a little insurance in case Butch gets injured again.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
Cullen can be easily replaced. It's gonna be a little tougher to replace Butch from within. That's one of the reasons I wanted to keep Lats though, a little insurance in case Butch gets injured again.
Well, we now have depth.

Warren who?

Old
07-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Obviously some of you guys think Butch still is much more durable than I do.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:09 AM
IronRangeHockey

This interview with Fletch and PA talks about the possibility of trades. Good interview.

http://www.kfan.com/player/?mid=2223...m_name=podcast

IronRangeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
Well, if he doesn't get hit illegally again next season, anything is possible.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:13 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
No, we just understand that other teams aren't stupid. If they think Butch is as fragile as you do, they won't trade anything for him ever. He has literally no trade value. We get that you desperately want to try get some value for someone before "losing him for nothing" but there's no trade value. The best value we can get out of him is his play on the ice while he's healthy. If he breaks down midway through the season, we'll juggle the lines or call up a prospect who has had that much more time developing. We literally lose nothing, but gain his play for while he's healthy. The cap space doesn't help us this year and he's off the books by next season, so there's just no benefit to moving him.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Well, if he doesn't get hit illegally again next season, anything is possible.
Yeah, that's the thing. It's not like he took a little bump and went out. He got hit hard. If he's really ready to go to start the year, I'm not worried about the concussions unless he gets crushed from behind into the boards again. In that case, it's really not on him.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Thats alot of faith in a youngster.

I think he can develop into a top 6 player, just not in one season. I think a season with the Aeros and a season as a third line player with the Wild is minimum.

And it isn't like he's Granlund, who's skills won't be great on the third line. Coyle would be a perfect as a third line forward that can add additional scoring.

I just don't think he can pull it off so quickly. We have been lucky that we've had prospects like Granlund and Brodin who has done so well against men. Not every rookie can do the things they've done.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Surprised Heatley didn't play more with Bouchard. I thought it could like the Bouchard-Rolston duo.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:28 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
Surprised Heatley didn't play more with Bouchard. I thought it could like the Bouchard-Rolston duo.
Well Lats looked so good on that line while he was healthy so it's no surprise they ran with that until his concussion. After that, they were trying so hard to use Koivu and Heatley to jump start the injured Seto that there just wasn't much opportunity for them to be on the same line.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Funny to hear some folks expect all this production out of PMB then say the next minute he has no value in a trade. To say the only reason he gets hurt is if he gets a cheap shot from behind, then why is he hurt all the time when other players aren't? It can't be both ways. He either has value, and expected production, or no value and expect very little.