HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer Moves V: Ott 5 Hanzal

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 08:17 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Mine too - not only because of the likely asking price that Semin and his agent will have after the past two seasons of $6M salaries but because the Sabres admitted concerns with Russian players bolting for the KHL. Yes, they drafted a Russian but only after extensive recon that convinced him he wouldn't bolt. Semin's history of disappearing and playing uninspired at times under demanding coaches doesn't bode well with Ruff. What happens after Ruff has a tirade and Semin decides to bolt to the KHL next summer like Radulov did with Nashville?

The potential reward isn't worth the potential risks when it comes to Semin IMO.
Semin will stay in the NHL as long as he's under contract.
Contracted NHL players cannot leave for the KHL and contracted KHL players cannot leave for the NHL.
There is no transfer agreement but a recognition of valid contracts exists.
If a player now tries to "bolt", they can't.
The leagues have a contract and the IIHF will disallow the move.

I wish people would stop with this ********.
It's just an attempt to hate Russians without coming right out and saying it.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Workensons
doginthebathtub

I have a feeling Darcy has both Ryan and Semin in his gunsights. However I think he'd make a trade for Ryan before he ever offered Semin a contract.

You've heard the chatter about Darcy "falling in love" too much with certain players. We saw it with Roy, we see it with Vanek and Pominville. Well, Ryan's that player that should make Darcy's heart melt. We also know Ryan is a sensitive and loyal guy, and a good relationship with the organization is essential to a player's success. If Ryan stays in Anaheim, he will be bitter and uninspired. That's why I have a hunch that there's no chance Ryan stays there. He's probably on the move soon, and Darcy better be offering anything on the roster excluding Ennis, Hodgson, McNabb, and the G's..because Ryan is one of those players he'll be kicking himself about for years. Darcy, don't let him go to an Eastern Conference opponent.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:31 PM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
I have a feeling Darcy has both Ryan and Semin in his gunsights. However I think he'd make a trade for Ryan before he ever offered Semin a contract.

You've heard the chatter about Darcy "falling in love" too much with certain players. We saw it with Roy, we see it with Vanek and Pominville. Well, Ryan's that player that should make Darcy's heart melt. We also know Ryan is a sensitive and loyal guy, and a good relationship with the organization is essential to a player's success. If Ryan stays in Anaheim, he will be bitter and uninspired. That's why I have a hunch that there's no chance Ryan stays there. He's probably on the move soon, and Darcy better be offering anything on the roster excluding Ennis, Hodgson, McNabb, and the G's..because Ryan is one of those players he'll be kicking himself about for years. Darcy, don't let him go to an Eastern Conference opponent.
I think Regier is focused on upping the compete level of the team.

I see Ryan helping in that regard. Semin, not as much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Regier tried to go after Doan should he opt not to stay in Phoenix.

Plus, Regier is still after a center with size by his own account after the Ott deal.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:49 PM
JPurp26

Halpern 6ft 200 pounds nearly 60 percent on face offs last year might be a great veteran for the 4th line better at faceoffs then Arnott but doesnt have the size or points

Old
07-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Halpern 6ft 200 pounds nearly 60 percent on face offs last year might be a great veteran for the 4th line better at faceoffs then Arnott but doesnt have the size or points
Seems like we have enough potential fourth line centers. We need a better center to go with Ennis and Hodgson.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I think Regier is focused on upping the compete level of the team.

I see Ryan helping in that regard. Semin, not as much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Regier tried to go after Doan should he opt not to stay in Phoenix.

Plus, Regier is still after a center with size by his own account after the Ott deal.
I'd love to see his "master plan." He has an incomplete roster right now and knew trading Roy made it so. I believe he has at least two more moves in him. If plan A doesn't pan out, he has to have back-up plans for each piece, and then back-up plans for those. I have a sneaking suspicion that plan F for filling that center hole in Jochen Hecht...(let's hope something in the A-E range pans out)...

Old
07-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
I'd love to see his "master plan." He has an incomplete roster right now and knew trading Roy made it so. I believe he has at least two more moves in him. If plan A doesn't pan out, he has to have back-up plans for each piece, and then back-up plans for those. I have a sneaking suspicion that plan F for filling that center hole in Jochen Hecht...(let's hope something in the A-E range pans out)...
F for FAIL

Old
07-05-2012, 09:02 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Say no to playoff healthy scratches.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
F for FAIL
That's the worst case scenario, I think He would have to strike out a lot before calling Hecht and saying, "Sorry we ignored you. Please come home, baby. You center our third line like no one else."

Old
07-05-2012, 09:04 PM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
So one of the Pegula girls has pictures of Terry playing NHL 2012 on the 360....I wonder how many calls he gets a day "Darcy...darcy!! I just got Malkin for Vanek, Adam, Tropp, and a 1st rounder, CALL UP PITTSBURGH AND SEE IF IT WORKS"

Old
07-05-2012, 09:08 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgsAndGrigs View Post
So one of the Pegula girls has pictures of Terry playing NHL 2012 on the 360....I wonder how many calls he gets a day "Darcy...darcy!! I just got Malkin for Vanek, Adam, Tropp, and a 1st rounder, CALL UP PITTSBURGH AND SEE IF IT WORKS"
Saw that my thoughts as well. He plays with a player and likes him "Darcy get him"

Old
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
That's the worst case scenario, I think He would have to strike out a lot before calling Hecht and saying, "Sorry we ignored you. Please come home, baby. You center our third line like no one else."
I mean I like Jochen, but get someone that at least has a chance at getting through a full season.

But, maybe that's why we signed Porter. Hecht for the first set of games and then Porter for when Jochen inevitably gets injured.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Semin will stay in the NHL as long as he's under contract.
Contracted NHL players cannot leave for the KHL and contracted KHL players cannot leave for the NHL.
There is no transfer agreement but a recognition of valid contracts exists.
If a player now tries to "bolt", they can't.
The leagues have a contract and the IIHF will disallow the move.

I wish people would stop with this ********.
It's just an attempt to hate Russians without coming right out and saying it.
No it's not....it's posing a distinct possibility.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:27 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
No it's not....it's posing a distinct possibility.
Did you not read what I said?

Contracted players cannot "bolt".

Old
07-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Did you not read what I said?

Contracted players cannot "bolt".
My bad...i didn't read the entire post.

However...i stiil don't believe it's hate on Russians... i believe it's hate on the individual player... Semin.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Heatley? Blech. If they're looking to up their talent, bid on Semin rather than wasting a trade asset AND the cash on him.

07-05-2012, 09:53 PM
McTank

I would love the ****en all star but he wont be traded after helping lure parise

Old
07-05-2012, 09:55 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
My bad...i didn't read the entire post.

However...i stiil don't believe it's hate on Russians... i believe it's hate on the individual player... Semin.
....Because he's Russian. Seriously, if he were Canadian, the worst thing anyone would call him is "streaky".

Old
07-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons

From Philly.com, Paul Holmgren's comments made it sound like he's out of the Bobby Ryan sweeps:

Quote:
“I really like our team,” Holmgren said, “and I’m hesitant to look at anything where I’ve got to give up something (important) to get something back. We have a lot of good young players that have tremendous potential. Quite frankly, I’m happy with our team right now. That doesn’t mean we won’t look and see what happens.”
This is a GM talking, so it's hard to take their word, but if he's telling the truth it's one fewer team to drive up the price and for the Sabres to compete with, I guess.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:25 PM
rkorchinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McG View Post
From Philly.com, Paul Holmgren's comments made it sound like he's out of the Bobby Ryan sweeps:
Makes you wonder what the asking price is...

Old
07-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post

So Anaheim wants centers.
You don't want Darcy to give up any.
Darcy sucks if the trade doesn't get done.

Got it.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:52 PM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv

Previously mentioned picture of Terry practicing some trades.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post
This would prolly never happen but I would love to see it happen:

To Colorado:
Vanek
Hodgson
Lieno (Cap Reasons)

To Buffalo:
Stastny
Downie
Take Leino out and you could land Bobby Ryan for that package.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Revelate

1. That trade is really bad from a Buffalo standpoint.

2. On Semin, I don't buy the he's lazy thing at all. He's a hell of a defender. However, i'd be lying if I wouldn't be more comfortable signing him if we had more veteran leadership.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:37 AM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Take Leino out and you could land Bobby Ryan for that package.
Vanek and Hodgson for Ryan?

The point is to add Ryan to guys like Vanek & Hodgson....for those 2 I want Getzlaf (signed to extension) + Fowler.Ryan isn't worth anything near a package of Vanek and Hodgson.

Closed Thread