HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Pheonix

Old
07-06-2012, 01:15 AM
hawkeyguru93

vCash: 500
Colorado-Pheonix

To Colorado
Yandle
Vermette

To Pheonix
Statsny
Hejda
Barrie/Elliott
1st rounder 2013

hawkeyguru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 View Post
To Colorado
Yandle
Vermette

To Pheonix
Statsny
Hejda
Barrie/Elliott
1st rounder 2013
swap Hanzal with Vermette and take the pick out.

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:22 AM
vaseline stampede
Rookie User

Trade proposals have been in my family for generations. My father taught me how to do them when I was four years old. I must say...for the first time in my life....I am speechless.

vaseline stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:37 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
swap Hanzal with Vermette and take the pick out.
Agree with removing the pick, but I don't see Phoenix including Hanzal in a trade.

Something around Stastny + defenseman for Yandle + forward is a decent building block, though.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:42 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Stastny + Hejda + Barrie + 1st for Yandle + Hanzal? Phoenix fans?

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:47 AM
hawkeyguru93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Stastny + Hejda + Barrie + 1st for Yandle + Hanzal?
Now that I reread it I think taking out the pick makes it a fair deal

hawkeyguru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:53 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 View Post
Now that I reread it I think taking out the pick makes it a fair deal
Not if we want Hanzal.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Not if we want Hanzal.
Take out Hanzal, replace him with Vermette, and take out our 1st. Don't want to trade that pick at all.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:59 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Take out Hanzal, replace him with Vermette, and take out our 1st. Don't want to trade that pick at all.
Vermette can't really play 3rd line C the way Hanzal would for us. Hanzal would probably be the best 3rd line C in the league. Giving up a first to get a defenseman of Keith Yandle's caliber is worth it IMO. He's top pairing material and he's a lefty

Old
07-06-2012, 02:02 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Hanzal is pretty much untouchable. It really is a waste of time playing with trades that include him. Including Vermette still leaves us with a hole at center. Something around Yandle for Stastny+ could work imo but these proposed trades wouldn't. Keep in mind if Yandle goes, Maloney is going to have to be blown away.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:04 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Hanzal is pretty much untouchable. It really is a waste of time playing with trades that include him. Including Vermette still leaves us with a hole at center. Something around Yandle for Stastny+ could work imo but these proposed trades wouldn't. Keep in mind if Yandle goes, Maloney is going to have to be blown away.
Stastny + Hejda + 2013 3rd for Yandle?

Old
07-06-2012, 02:14 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Stastny + Hejda + 2013 3rd for Yandle?
Not sure how Stastny would fair in Tippett's system but I'd love to see someone like him that could bring some scoring excitement. I'd rather see a our young guys fight for the open spot on D but Tippett loves the vets so who knows. It might work. It's hard to get a read on whether Maloney will actually move Yandle or not.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:22 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Not sure how Stastny would fair in Tippett's system but I'd love to see someone like him that could bring some scoring excitement. I'd rather see a our young guys fight for the open spot on D but Tippett loves the vets so who knows. It might work. It's hard to get a read on whether Maloney will actually move Yandle or not.
Staz would thrive under Tippett's system.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:24 AM
electricjib

Quote:
You mean playing under a REAL coach?

He'd be great.

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:18 AM
CobraAcesS

Honestly I would rather just see what it would take to pry Gormley out of Phoenix's hands.

Downie + Sgarbossa (19 year old center prospect that led the OHL in scoring last year with 102pts.)?

Downie would be a good insurance policy in case they lost Doan but cheap enough that if they resigned Doan, Downie would only make up the difference PHO needs to make the cap floor.

Sgarbossa needs to bulk up a bit but the kid plays with grit and puts points on the board.

For any Avs fan that thinks it's over payment.. It is.. You don't get a blue chip prospect for less than over payment regardless of how much depth an organization has.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:22 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Honestly I would rather just see what it would take to pry Gormley out of Phoenix's hands.

Downie + Sgarbossa (19 year old center prospect that led the OHL in scoring last year with 102pts.)?

Downie would be a good insurance policy in case they lost Doan but cheap enough that if they resigned Doan, Downie would only make up the difference PHO needs to make the cap floor.

Sgarbossa needs to bulk up a bit but the kid plays with grit and puts points on the board.
How about no. Why would we trade for a kid who didn't show anything in the NHL?

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:26 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
How about no. Why would we trade for a kid who didn't show anything in the NHL?
Because we don't have anything even close to this in the pipe? He maybe a year off at the most but still.. The Elliott does not have that kind of upside and D. Siemens is 2+ out and only has an outside chance of having top pairing potential.

It's called taking a risk..

NHL Central Scouting's Chris Bordeleau
“He is what a lot of teams are going for, he's a good defenseman who can score and handle the puck, smart. Gormley has got the whole package. He's got a good shot from the point, an accurate shot, low and can be deflected.”

Moncton Wildcats head coach Danny Flynn
“He's got a laid-back personality. He's got the maturity of a 30 year old. Take away hockey -- he's just a rock-solid young man. He's got a number of great qualities. He's got really good size, he's 6-2, headed to 6-3, and starting to fill out. He's got outstanding hockey sense. He's got that poise, that innate ability to recognize when he has time and when he doesn't have time. … He plays a Nick Lidstrom style of game, he's smart and skilled and poised with the puck. The type of game he plays is similar to his. As you watch him and see how efficient he is you grow to like his game.”

Old
07-06-2012, 04:31 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Because we don't have anything even close to this in the pipe? He maybe a year off at the most but still.. The Elliott does not have that kind of upside and D. Siemens is 2+ out and only has an outside chance of having top pairing potential.

It's called taking a risk..

NHL Central Scouting's Chris Bordeleau
“He is what a lot of teams are going for, he's a good defenseman who can score and handle the puck, smart. Gormley has got the whole package. He's got a good shot from the point, an accurate shot, low and can be deflected.”

Moncton Wildcats head coach Danny Flynn
“He's got a laid-back personality. He's got the maturity of a 30 year old. Take away hockey -- he's just a rock-solid young man. He's got a number of great qualities. He's got really good size, he's 6-2, headed to 6-3, and starting to fill out. He's got outstanding hockey sense. He's got that poise, that innate ability to recognize when he has time and when he doesn't have time. … He plays a Nick Lidstrom style of game, he's smart and skilled and poised with the puck. The type of game he plays is similar to his. As you watch him and see how efficient he is you grow to like his game.”
An unproven rookie will surely help us reach the playoffs next year and trading a guy who just re-signed sets a great image around the league.

We need proven 1st pairing d-man not someone who can became a 1st pairing d-man two-three years down the line, if he ever becomes one.

Old
07-06-2012, 04:41 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
An unproven rookie will surely help us reach the playoffs next year and trading a guy who just re-signed sets a great image around the league.

We need proven 1st pairing d-man not someone who can became a 1st pairing d-man two-three years down the line, if he ever becomes one.
Downie was an RFA anyways it wouldn't be quite the same as trading someone like Jones who just signed a UFA contract.

Anyways it's just an idea, you could use more futures depending on what Phoenix was looking for. Downie's value is basically a first round pick. So 1st + Sgarbossa or something like that maybe better but isn't nearly as strong of an offer.

Avs fans that are stuck to this "Win NOW" mode are being a little delusional. We wont be a bad team but we are not anywhere near the point where we need to be sticking our nose in the air when it comes to prospects being valuable.

I wouldn't exactly say we are done rebuilding and any proven Defender of Yandle's caliber will obviously cost us center depth which as you can see we are pretty attached to.

How exactly would you fill the deepest hole on our defense without having anything coming in the pipe at all that would fill it? Obviously it wasn't going to happen through free-agency was it?

Old
07-06-2012, 04:50 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Downie was an RFA anyways it wouldn't be quite the same as trading someone like Jones who just signed a UFA contract.

Anyways it's just an idea, you could use more futures depending on what Phoenix was looking for. Downie's value is basically a first round pick. So 1st + Sgarbossa or something like that maybe better but isn't nearly as strong of an offer.

Avs fans that are stuck to this "Win NOW" mode are being a little delusional. We wont be a bad team but we are not anywhere near the point where we need to be sticking our nose in the air when it comes to prospects being valuable.

I wouldn't exactly say we are done rebuilding and any proven Defender of Yandle's caliber will obviously cost us center depth which as you can see we are pretty attached to.

How exactly would you fill the deepest hole on our defense without having anything coming in the pipe at all that would fill it? Obviously it wasn't going to happen through free-agency was it?
What WIN NOW mode? They need to make the playoffs to gain valuable playoff experiance that will help them down the road and playoff teams usually have higher chances of attracting UFA's. Playoffs are the next step for this group, no one sane expects that they'll win the Cup.

And how is trading for Gromley filling a hole on our roster?

Old
07-06-2012, 05:02 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
What WIN NOW mode? They need to make the playoffs to gain valuable playoff experiance that will help them down the road and playoff teams usually have higher chances of attracting UFA's. Playoffs are the next step for this group, no one sane expects that they'll win the Cup.

And how is trading for Gromley filling a hole on our roster?
Wow..

It may not fill a hole this next season but it would most likely fill that hole within a year or two instead of never. Honestly looking at our Defense I think there would actually be a good chance he made the NHL roster.

Even with losing Downie we have Jones, Hejduk, PAP, and Kobasew down the right side.

I don't exactly see why it's so complicated. I get the argument against trading for unproven talent but I don't get you not seeing how it wouldn't fill a serious need.

I also noticed that you ignored my question about how you would go about finding EJ a D partner without just creating another hole on the roster.

(Btw go look at the up coming UFA list for 2013.. Weber? yeah right.. Enstrom? Maybe but are you willing to bet he will make it there? On top of what you just seen happen with Suter.. Like I said, you should try a little more creativity and less pure criticism.)

Old
07-06-2012, 05:08 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Wow..

It may not fill a hole this next season but it would most likely fill that hole within a year or two instead of never. Honestly looking at our Defense I think there would actually be a good chance he made the NHL roster.

Even with losing Downie we have Jones, Hejduk, PAP, and Kobasew down the right side.

I don't exactly see why it's so complicated. I get the argument against trading for unproven talent but I don't get you not seeing how it wouldn't fill a serious need.

I also noticed that you ignored my question about how you would go about finding EJ a D partner without just creating another hole on the roster.
It wouldn't fill a serious need because Gromley won't be able to play top pairing minutes next year and we already have a kid who's projected to be a top pairing LH d-man and trading Downie makes us a lot softer and easier to play against.

I didn't ignore your question about getting a partner for EJ. There are options on the market that wouldn't command one of our three centers as return like Enstrom, Vlasic, JBo etc.

Old
07-06-2012, 05:18 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
It wouldn't fill a serious need because Gromley won't be able to play top pairing minutes next year and we already have a kid who's projected to be a top pairing LH d-man and trading Downie makes us a lot softer and easier to play against.

I didn't ignore your question about getting a partner for EJ. There are options on the market that wouldn't command one of our three centers as return like Enstrom, Vlasic, JBo etc.
Haha.. Go ask Any of those teams what they would want in trade. If you think your getting Vlasic for anything short of serious overpayment your crazy. Have you ever seen SJ fans reactions when hes brought up? It's pretty similar to how we react when EJ is brought up.

PAP isn't exactly a soft forward.. Hes not known as an agitator but he is fairly physical. Landeskog & McGinn are both prime examples of power forwards. I haven't exactly heard people call Jones soft either..

So what Landeskog, McGinn, PAP, Jones, McLeod, Mitchell and not to mention SOB and Zannon are not enough grit for you? The only two players on our team that you could even begin to call soft are Duchene & Hejduk.

I don't believe that's an issue.. Hishon while small is also more Downie like than you seem to remember and Pracey compares Heard's game to Wayne Simmonds. I think we have plenty of grit not only on the roster and in the pipes. We can afford to part with Downie..

Oh yeah.. Malone is down there in the AHL to..

Siemens upside isn't nearly as clear cut as Gormley's and that's clearly stated. Ive said this many times as well, a while back I read somewhere that management sees Siemens & Elliott as our second pairing of the future.

You do realize that Siemens is probably going back to Junior right? He was one of the youngest players in his draft year. By the time he even sees NHL ice EJ maybe 27 years old..

Old
07-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Haha.. Go ask Any of those teams what they would want in trade. If you think your getting Vlasic for anything short of serious overpayment your crazy. Have you ever seen SJ fans reactions when hes brought up? It's pretty similar to how we react when EJ is brought up.

PAP isn't exactly a soft forward.. Hes not known as an agitator but he is fairly physical. Landeskog & McGinn are both prime examples of power forwards. I haven't exactly heard people call Jones soft either..

So what Landeskog, McGinn, PAP, Jones, McLeod, Mitchell and not to mention SOB and Zannon are not enough grit for you? The only two players on our team that you could even begin to call soft are Duchene & Hejduk.

I don't believe that's an issue.. Hishon while small is also more Downie like than you seem to remember and Pracey compares Heard's game to Wayne Simmonds. I think we have plenty of grit not only on the roster and in the pipes. We can afford to part with Downie..

Oh yeah.. Malone is down there in the AHL to..

Siemens upside isn't nearly as clear cut as Gormley's and that's clearly stated. Ive said this many times as well, a while back I read somewhere that management sees Siemens & Elliott as our second pairing of the future.

You do realize that Siemens is probably going back to Junior right? He was one of the youngest players in his draft year. By the time he even sees NHL ice EJ maybe 27 years old..
You're aware that Vlasic and Enstrom have only one year remaining on their deals? Their and JBo's value is greatly diminished by their contract status. Look for what Brent Burns (who has higher value than Vlasic, JBo and Enstrom) got traded for in his contract year.

Downie isn't getting traded, players like him don't grow on trees. And as for Siemens as a fan of the Blades who saw him play quite a bit I'm well aware he won't be in the NHL next year, I don't need you to tell me that.

Old
07-06-2012, 05:42 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
You're aware that Vlasic and Enstrom have only one year remaining on their deals? Their and JBo's value is greatly diminished by their contract status. Look for what Brent Burns (who has higher value than Vlasic, JBo and Enstrom) got traded for in his contract year.

Downie isn't getting traded, players like him don't grow on trees. And as for Siemens as a fan of the Blades who saw him play quite a bit I'm well aware he won't be in the NHL next year, I don't need you to tell me that.
I think Avs fan's have a front row seat as to how contracts effect a players value (Stastny). That does not mean that team is going to take any less for a player that is a large part of their team. (See the Staal trade..)

You also cannot assume that any of those guys will actually ever even see free-agency.

Even with the worst defender on your list there (Jbo) there is less than a slim chance you would be able to pull him in a trade without creating a hole on our roster. Especially with Calgary's unending dedication to being mediocre now.. lol

I honestly wouldn't want anything to do with Jbo either way.. Yuk

Burns was traded as part of a larger package if I am not mistaken and the over all return was nothing to sneeze at.