HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MTL/DET - Markov

Old
07-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
I think hes a very good player and quite valuable. More valuable than even my offer if healthy.

But I did not offer **** the whole lets offer a 7th is laughable. Closest thing to junk I offered was Miller/Eaves/Abdlekader as a throw in. Everything else was quality assets that the wings want to keep.
You were me and I was showing you what we felt was fair value was quite close.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Franzen + Quincey + 4th 2013 for Markov + Eller + 3rd 2013 ??
Nope.

Really, trading Markov at this point would be stupid from a Habs point of view. Wait at the deadline, at the very least. What if he comes back in top shape and goes back producing 50+ points coupled with elite defense? Simply put, a healthy Markov is ten times the player Franzen is. If Markov never gets back to his old self, than you look like a genius. If he gets back even remotely close to his good days, you'll look like a retard.

The same logic applies to Eller. This is not the time to give up on him, especially since he would be the ideal replacement to Plekanec in the future.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:23 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Franzen + Quincey + 4th 2013 for Markov + Eller + 3rd 2013 ??
Ah not a chance from this Hab fan.
I wouldn't do it even if we dropped our third out of the offer.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Habitant le colon

As far as i'm concern markov hasn,t play enough in the last 3 years and Eller still has to establish as a top 6 2 way center. This is why I put down this idea. If we wait till the deadline and both Eller (by improving) and Markov (by beeing healthy) are upgrading their value we will fetch a better package for sure ! For now it is right to mention that we can't afford to trade them ... I was only going with Op question. Wich mean that the low value is an high risk from Habs pov !

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:58 AM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
You were me and I was showing you what we felt was fair value was quite close.
I ssshed you because your version of winning an argument was saying that MTL Fans know more than every other fanbase. That is a silly arrogant homer position and made you look ignorant.

I actually think your position is a good one on Markovs value.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Syckle78

This thread is comedy gold. Perfect example of HF posters ridiculously overvaluing a player on their team. We are talking about a defenseman who turns 34 this year, makes nearly 6m a year and has played a grand total of 65 games the last three years. What would I give up for him? Nothing, not even a late round pick...

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Kindl is our depth guy with top 4 upside. He is dirt cheap and is a great number 7. That said we can trade him if it gets us a top 4.

Wings D Depth Chart:
Kronwall
Smith
White
Ericsson
Quincey
Kindl

Kindl+Tartar+3rd if necessary would be pretty painless for the Wings but offer some quality NHL ready players.

Only downfall is Tartar is a bit small and I know MTL is trying to get bigger. Tartar is somewhat gritty more so than Nyquist, Pulk. Jarnkrok may be the grittiest but hes small too. I seem him as a Hudler (surprisingly gritty player) with more size, more speed, but a bit less hockey sense. Think the Ian White of Forwards.

Only big players we have with trade value are Sheahan (untouchable imo) and Tvrdon (not a blue chipper yet and not NHL ready, but he is a quickest rising prospect at the moment, alot of wings fans already consider him a top prospect. I do not but if he has a good season he will be quite an asset).
It's a descent offer, and one I think is reasonable for both sides. I'd likely ask for Emmerton instead of Tatar based on his ability to play C and LW.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
This thread is comedy gold. Perfect example of HF posters ridiculously overvaluing a player on their team. We are talking about a defenseman who turns 34 this year, makes nearly 6m a year and has played a grand total of 65 games the last three years. What would I give up for him? Nothing, not even a late round pick...
speaking of comedy

Old
07-06-2012, 10:55 AM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
It's a descent offer, and one I think is reasonable for both sides. I'd likely ask for Emmerton instead of Tatar based on his ability to play C and LW.
I would gladly give you Emmerton instead of Tartar. Wings strongly prefer that outcome. Given Tartar has one more year of minor eligibility and we have 19 NHL forwards at the moment (Sadly I am not kidding, though Andersson is a stretch).

Dats Zet Franzen
Clearly Filp Sammy
Tootoo Abdlekader Helm
Nyquist Betuzzi Brunner
Sheahan Miller Eaves
Mursak Emmerton Tartar
Andersson

Kindl+Emmerton+3rd would make me extremely happy. I would perfer to give you another forward in exchange for Kindl as well but it is what it is.

Then we just have to sign a 7th dman.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
I ssshed you because your version of winning an argument was saying that MTL Fans know more than every other fanbase. That is a silly arrogant homer position and made you look ignorant.

I actually think your position is a good one on Markovs value.
You ask me why I come here and why I don't care about hf's prospect ratings and all I'm doing is giving you the reasons why. If you can't accept that, fine, but it really has nothing to do with what you're going on about. Nothing at all.

--------

If you're a rebuilding team (Habs), getting young prospects to fill your top 6 forwards and top 4 dmen spots should be the priority.

Obviously with Markov's age and history we aren't going to be getting your top prospects and I didn't ask for the them. Anything less and there would be no reason to trade him.

As for the Wing's fans who don't think Markov is worth that much but now that Suter is off the market you won't get a better player than Markov without giving up assets that will hurt your current roster, if you can find one that's available. Maybe you should of gotten Vishnovsky but you didn't and I doubt he's that cheap now.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
You ask me why I come here and why I don't care about hf's prospect ratings and all I'm doing is giving you the reasons why. If you can't accept that, fine, but it really has nothing to do with what you're going on about. Nothing at all.

--------

If you're a rebuilding team (Habs), getting young prospects to fill your top 6 forwards and top 4 dmen spots should be the priority.

Obviously with Markov's age and history we aren't going to be getting your top prospects and I didn't ask for the them. Anything less and there would be no reason to trade him.

As for the Wing's fans who don't think Markov is worth that much but now that Suter is off the market you won't get a better player than Markov without giving up assets that will hurt your current roster, if you can find one that's available. Maybe you should of gotten Vishnovsky but you didn't and I doubt he's that cheap now.
Kaberle is

Old
07-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Wingsfan2965*

I realize that our defensive situation is serious, but I'm not interested in giving up anything for a guy that has played an average of 22 games in the last three years.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:48 PM
ChoseLa

Don't trade Markov, you'll never get faire value, just keep him on the Habs and enjoy his dominating game, when he's healty.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
what was lidstrom's value in 2006-07? 2006-07 Halak+Ryder+2nd or 2011-12 Halak+Ryder+2nd

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote